Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award (40663 Views)

Ed Sheeran: I Worked With Burna Boy, I Have Never Seen Anyone Ingest More Weed / Burna Boy: I Am Not Worth $3.5 Million, That Won’t Even Buy My Cars / Chioma Congratulates Davido On BET Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by dachiwater: 9:02am On Jun 24, 2019
Burna Boy who reacted to being absent to pick his BET Award, has disclosed that he went to get a drink the time it was announced which was his mum got it for him.

Burna Boy who revealed that he went to get a drink and also praised his mum for her speech after she got his BET Award, tweeted;

"Funny enough I went to Get a drink! I would have collected this one. #BETAwards Thank You. Special S/O To my brothers @officialgiggs @mreazi @Santandave1 @akaworldwide & @DossehLaFamine . And to the Talented @TeniEntertainer and superstar @AyaNakamuraa We are all winners doing our bit to make our music heard worldwide.

“Every black person should please remember that You were Africans before you were anything else” -Mama Burna #BETAwards"

Here is a video of his mother, Bose Ogulu explaining what she meant by 'blacks being African first before any other thing'

https://unclesuru.com/2019/06/24/burna-boy-says-he-went-to-get-a-drink-which-was-why-his-mum-got-his-bet-award/

1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by itspzpics(m): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2019
Lol

Watch Video => HERE

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by 9jaBloke: 9:08am On Jun 24, 2019
Can't deliver a BET speech in Patois remember.

That's why i like Tubaba. He will just come and say: Yes o yes o. Nothing de happen...One love my people....Thank you.

No time for grammar men.

245 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by eugenenwajei(m): 9:11am On Jun 24, 2019
stupid excuse

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by Officialgarri: 9:16am On Jun 24, 2019
Or you went to smoke undecided

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by dachiwater: 10:42am On Jun 24, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by LisaAnne(f): 10:49am On Jun 24, 2019
Officialgarri:
Or you went to smoke undecided
Nigerian Lil Wayne

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by skulgen: 11:54am On Jun 24, 2019
Na so u go miss trumpet one day going to grab we*d

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by OBIGS(m): 11:56am On Jun 24, 2019
9jaBloke:

Thats why i like Tubaba. He will just come and say: Yes o yes o. Nothing de happen...One love my people....Thank you.

No time for grammar men.
you know why na. The yes o yes o na to confuse the audience make dem no expect any speech.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by Mrkumareze(m): 11:56am On Jun 24, 2019
Na so heaven be oh .. Native doctor fit e red sef but church go miss am for thing or d other
Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by Kyllahmc(m): 11:57am On Jun 24, 2019
Nigerian artists sef, na so dem go dey hustle for spotlight,if dem con finally blow shakara go full their body! You went to get a drink... Imagine! Im sure at his first BET award he was there even before the hosts arrive!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by Satan66(m): 11:57am On Jun 24, 2019
The hypocritical nature about African parents is that deep out they wish these successful musicians were their children but the moment their own child say they would love to become a musician, They get immediately angry to extent of possibly slapping your tooth out.
It's either doctor or lawyer.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by smogup: 11:59am On Jun 24, 2019
Just say u went to smoke some joint

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by LUGBE: 12:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Really silly, shows your home bringing
Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by Dipsong: 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2019
9jaBloke:

Thats why i like Tubaba. He will just come and say: Yes o yes o. Nothing de happen...One love my people....Thank you.

No time for grammar men.

U no well ho lol bad niccur yes ho lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by Gabson001(m): 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2019
9jaBloke:

No time for grammar men.
My belle o grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by TANID(m): 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hmmmm!
Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by TANID(m): 12:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
Real Slay Mama grin
Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by ValCon888: 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2019
You went to get a drink yet your mother prepared and delivered an impromptu yet thought-provoking speech.
Na so.

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by goodnewsbabe: 12:54pm On Jun 24, 2019
Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by Latidoh1: 12:54pm On Jun 24, 2019
ValCon888:
You went to get a drink yet your mother prepared and delivered an impromptu yet thought-provoking speech.
Na so.
The mother is learned. She just seized the opportunity.

11 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by sammymama: 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
K
Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by Oluwakemitosin: 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
Latidoh1:

The mother is learned. She just seized the opportunity.
exactly

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by West2019(m): 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
eugenenwajei:
stupid excuse
can u give a reasonable excuse
Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by West2019(m): 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
Wise woman no body is above mistakes
Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by ikennamadu1(m): 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2019
ValCon888:
Na so.

I swear so many people for that hall go done think tire
Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by Pavore9: 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2019
The mum got the opportunity to shine! grin

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by 9gerian: 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
I guess he was jittery and couldn’t contain himself if he lost the award to another grin

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by Danwakae(m): 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
He has drank to stupor and smoke enough weed that he couldn't even stand for a munite when his name was called

Burna Boy, act responsibly....before u lose steflon.
Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by Tchinaidi(m): 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
very foolish,pompous and arrogant idiot,as if him better reach cardi b and co wey climb stage collect thier award.That is why it took him too long a time to blow even with your great talent.
An opportunity you would seized to show that as African giant wey u dey claim say u get sense.jonzing man....na too much igbo dey worry am
Re: Burna Boy: I Went To Get A Drink, That's Was Why My Mum Collected My BET Award by dantrillion: 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2019
Kyllahmc:
Nigerian artists sef, na so dem go dey hustle for spotlight,if dem con finally blow shakara go full their body! You went to get a drink... Imagine! Im sure at his first BET award he was there even before the hosts arrive!

Bad belle; the thing pain you eeh..sorry o���

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Okon Lagos' Traditional Marriage Ceremony (Pictures) / Monalisa Chinda Celebrates Her 41st Birthday Today / COZA Pastor: Bobrisky Replies Bisi Alimi "You Are High On Your Oyinbo Prick"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.