Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal (7610 Views)

JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks / Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools / FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by Flashyoil1(f): 9:19am On Jun 24, 2019
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has abolished N500 examination fee in all secondary schools across the state.
The Head of Service, Mrs. Ololade Agboola, who made this disclosure, urged principals in secondary schools to comply with the free education policy of the state Government.
Agboola spoke during a meeting of the Permanent Secretary School administration with the principals in public secondary Schools held at comprehensive High School Oke-Bola Ibadan.
The Head of Service admonished teachers and principals of the secondary schools to comply with the education policy of the present administration in the State.
Agboola said (Five Hundred Naira) examination fee across the secondary schools in the State have been abolished, warning that no Principal should send student away from the school.
She said, “I have the directive of His Excellency Governor Seyi Makinde to discuss with you today, the school principals on how we can move the secondary school education forward in Oyo State”.
She said the present administration in the State under Governor Seyi Makinde has put an end to the Education Development Levy for all secondary School students, declaring it as illegal.
She opined that the State Government will create call centers where parents and the general public will report school that refuse to stop collecting illegal fee, just as she advised Principals of Secondary Schools to stop collecting fees that have not been approved by the State Government.
She then appealed to teachers to always stay in their duty posts, saying that the present administration will not tolerate lateness and absenteeism in the school, just as she solicited support for the state government in carrying out its education policy in the state

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/oyo-makinde-abolishes-n500-examination-fee-declares-education-levy-illegal/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by Emily22(m): 10:16am On Jun 24, 2019
This guy will soon unveil his true colour,time will tell

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 24, 2019
Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by ainas247: 10:17am On Jun 24, 2019
cheesy i am enjoying this guy and sanwo olu...

rank your business on google
and start getting traffic now

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 24, 2019
Hmm!
This initial gra gra no too dea move me o.
does the state have funds to sustain all this move?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by Rollins777(m): 10:17am On Jun 24, 2019
Good example other states should emulate
Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by bunmconig(m): 10:17am On Jun 24, 2019
good.
but a governor in my state is increasing the tuition fees of every institution in the state. SMH

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by BlackfireX: 10:18am On Jun 24, 2019
And this is news.... Jobless govnor

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 24, 2019

Scrapping all form of levies in school is a big NO for me, their move is more of political than interest of the people
school needs some resources to run and function, waiting for Nigeria government to bring chalk and money to buy Jersey for the school team won't work, I remember when I was in secondary school after scrapping all fees by Amosun there is no money to travel to neighbouring school for competition, chalk will only arrive after 3rd week of resumption

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by sammymama: 10:19am On Jun 24, 2019
Humm
Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by YenYo: 10:20am On Jun 24, 2019
Progressive Governors like this are what we need in this Nation. Forward thinking men not those krooks who see govt as a means to perpetuate their illegal acts.

Thumbs up to the gov for this.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by Canadanow: 10:20am On Jun 24, 2019
If anyone knows this governor, help me tell him am a good indigene of his state and I axed my BSc. I need a scholarship even if I no dey first class.
I need scholarship. I know God will hear my call soon. We have only 6months to 2020,what have you achieved, my brother reading this, double your hustle.
Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by itsme01: 10:23am On Jun 24, 2019
grin

This one never understand the maths of government finance, when he collects First allocation and also plans his own budget without enough money to cater for infrastructure of the 4 largest city in africa, or 4th populous state in Nigeria, hin eye go clear say IGR needs to.increase and not drcrease.

When he deducts the wage bill of Oyo state civil servants, one of the highest workers in Nigeria, settles the pensioners dating far back before osun was created out of Oyo state, and pays All Oyo state numerious Tertiary Instituition, like lautech, techu, poly ibadan, college of education, school of nursing and many more.. Oga go understand why Governors are in abuja almost weekly to beg and lobby at ministry of finance for speedy release of Niger Delta backed federal Allocation.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by Richkid97(m): 10:23am On Jun 24, 2019
Initial Gra Gra
Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by MT: 10:28am On Jun 24, 2019
Mr.Governor, you are busy canceling this and that without publishing a detailed architecture for your intended educational policy for the schools. Please don't sink the education in Oyo State in a hurried attempt at glory. Where will the fund to bridge this gap comes from. I will only applaud your intention if you publish your holistic direction for the state as I can't see the direction your government is even heading as at now.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 24, 2019
Makinde I will advise you to sit properly and organize your govt for the masses to enjoy.

Don't be too fast and don't abolish what you will re-introduce.

Easy and sail safe.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by traihit: 10:30am On Jun 24, 2019
I hope they'll be able to sustain all this. And meanwhile, one reason parents take education so unserious in Nigeria is because parents contribute nothing to their children's education. They give birth to children and hand them over to the government.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by dadebayo1(m): 10:31am On Jun 24, 2019
Correct..... 10% of budget on education will develop the sector gradually... He is on the right path, once a leader is not greedy the little the state makes from here and there will be enough to build a well structured society that wil benefit all.... Others have done it successfully in the past with free books and kits.. Some will claim there is increase in student population compared to back in the days, but truth be told the government is capable....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by dadebayo1(m): 10:36am On Jun 24, 2019
Flashyoil1:
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has abolished N500 examination fee in all secondary schools across the state.
The Head of Service, Mrs. Ololade Agboola, who made this disclosure, urged principals in secondary schools to comply with the free education policy of the state Government.
Agboola spoke during a meeting of the Permanent Secretary School administration with the principals in public secondary Schools held at comprehensive High School Oke-Bola Ibadan.
The Head of Service admonished teachers and principals of the secondary schools to comply with the education policy of the present administration in the State.
Agboola said (Five Hundred Naira) examination fee across the secondary schools in the State have been abolished, warning that no Principal should send student away from the school.
She said, “I have the directive of His Excellency Governor Seyi Makinde to discuss with you today, the school principals on how we can move the secondary school education forward in Oyo State”.
She said the present administration in the State under Governor Seyi Makinde has put an end to the Education Development Levy for all secondary School students, declaring it as illegal.
She opined that the State Government will create call centers where parents and the general public will report school that refuse to stop collecting illegal fee, just as she advised Principals of Secondary Schools to stop collecting fees that have not been approved by the State Government.
She then appealed to teachers to always stay in their duty posts, saying that the present administration will not tolerate lateness and absenteeism in the school, just as she solicited support for the state government in carrying out its education policy in the state

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/oyo-makinde-abolishes-n500-examination-fee-declares-education-levy-illegal/
grin omo Ibadan.... I sight you ooo... Hopefully we would meet at the Secretariat someday
Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by ramak69: 10:37am On Jun 24, 2019
Nice one
Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by bush112(m): 10:38am On Jun 24, 2019
Emily22:
This guy will soon unveil his true colour,time will tell
apchit spotted
Re: Oyo State Abolishes N500 Examination Fee, Declares Education Levy Illegal by bettercreature(m): 10:47am On Jun 24, 2019
Juliusmalema:
Makinde I will advise you to sit properly and organize your govt for the masses to enjoy.

Don't be too fast and don't abolish what you will re-introduce.

Easy and sail safe.
He is going to destroy education in Oyo state because all these funds are used to pay PTA teachers
They don’t have enough teachers in most public schools

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Approves Appointment Of Olatunji-Bello As LASU's Vice-chancellor / 2013 University Ranking- 100 Best Universities In Nigeria / Oau Eportal Opens For Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.