Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw (65069 Views)

How Do I Change My Seat On Qatar Airways? / Nurse Who Visited Nigeria Over 35 Years Ago Moves Man To Tears In UK. Photos / Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Muttee: 9:44am On Jun 24, 2019
Business executive, Tonye Cole narrated an incident he witnessed on a plane between renowned writer Wole Soyinka and a Nigerian man.

Tonye Cole said Mr Wole Soyinka got on the plane and took the window seat. When the young man assigned the seat boarded, he insisted Mr Soyinka leaves his seat. Others on the plane, including the crew members, begged the young man to let the Nobel Laureate have his seat. But the man insisted on sitting where he was assigned.

Mr Cole said this is an indication that our value system has been eroded and youths no longer have repect for elders. Ms Mo Abudu and Kate Henshaw commented, agreeing with him that the young man's behaviour was unacceptable.

https://all-gists..com/2019/06/unusual-encounter-between-soyinka-and-a-plane-passenger-tony-cole-others-reacts.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Muttee: 9:51am On Jun 24, 2019
Naa waa oooo..

No respect for elder.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by DrRasheed: 9:58am On Jun 24, 2019
It is only rude if he said without manners.

378 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Jayslicky: 9:58am On Jun 24, 2019
The man didn't disrespect Soyinka he was only fighting for his right, the seat was assigned to him and it's normal for soyinka to seat elsewhere, if it was me I would have let Soyinka have the seat but not everyone is the same, he had a choice and he chose what's best for himself.

1021 Likes 80 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by SageMK: 9:59am On Jun 24, 2019
Mr Cole said this is an indication that our value system has been eroded and youths no longer have repect for elders.

Abegi.

It's within the young man's right to demand for his seat.

Disrespect only comes into play based on the manner of his approach. Being old doesn't make an elder entitled to what rightfully belongs to someone. That's nonsense.

739 Likes 63 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by BlackfireX: 10:01am On Jun 24, 2019
Woke Soyinka supported buhari and cajoled young minds to vote for him....that Nigeria will be Eldorado under buhari .... Alas after 4 years + , it was getting worst, infact it makes jona a saint....

Now imagine you are that young man seeing that woke Soyinka on your assigned seat , what will you do? We should applaud the young man, he did well.

263 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by princechurchill(m): 10:02am On Jun 24, 2019
Why should Soyinka disobey the flight rules?

404 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by niyisky: 10:02am On Jun 24, 2019
The young man simply fought for his right. Imagine if we all forget cultural and religious difference and fight for what is our right, the world will be a better place.

357 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by jumobi1(m): 10:03am On Jun 24, 2019
Sit on your seat. I personally would have let anyone sit on my seat as it’s no real big deal. However and with all due respect, Mr. Soyinka isn’t entitled to the young man’s seat. It shouldn’t have even got to the point where others had to plead. The young man paid for it for a reason.

277 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 24, 2019
Wole Soyinka is the one looking for trouble. He should go and look for his seat number and occupy where is assigned to him.

Imagine a professor behaving like a rascal or a tout

what is he teaching then?

327 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by mkoabiola: 10:06am On Jun 24, 2019
because an flight.

If ma danfo ...u seat anywhere ooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by hisexcellency34: 10:06am On Jun 24, 2019
Flights seats are number. Prof. Soyinka should have requested for a seat by the window when booking the flight. The young man just insisted on his fundamental rights but i think he should have reasoned with those who pleaded with him and let the old man be.

The guy must be a true blooded Igbo guy. We are not asslickers. We know our rights and stand by it

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 24, 2019
Jayslicky:
The man didn't disrespect Soyinka he was only fighting for his right, the seat was assigned to him and it's normal for soyinka to seat elsewhere, if it was me I would have let Soyinka have the seat but not everyone is the same, he had a choice and he chose what's best for himself.

I won't try it.

Soyinka must go back to his seat.

Professor behaving like hooligans

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nbote(m): 10:08am On Jun 24, 2019
U ppl blaming d young man are all mad.... Why didn't anyone else in d plane stand up for him to sit on their window seats? D young man specifically paid for dat seat and reserves d ryt to seat on it... Dats why we are where we are in dis country... Someone does d wrong thing and hides behind age, religion and it's alryt

371 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by gurunlocker: 10:09am On Jun 24, 2019
Respect for elders? The elder does not know the rule? Does not know the sit assigned to him?

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nbote(m): 10:11am On Jun 24, 2019
All of these bunch of hypocrites doing eye service asslicking becos he's a public figure. I'm sure U all politely allow an elderly person to take ur spot in a bank queue becos U are Africans and respect elders

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by jumobi1(m): 10:12am On Jun 24, 2019
I’m actually disappointed in Mr. Wole Soyinka. I thought he was more enlightened and all about fighting for peoples rights. This isn’t it!!

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by SarkinYarki: 10:12am On Jun 24, 2019
This young man is a hero and deserves a standing ovation for fighting against Nigerian anyhowness ...Woke Soyinka at his age can not respect simple sitting arrangement ..This is how his generation destroyed Nigeria with such anyhowness ..Young man God bless you !! You have given the over hyped megalomaniac something to think off in his twilight. This is how Buhari has refused to respect rule of law and election results .

Till date Wole soyinka has refused to tear his American Green card like he promised. Shameless Luareate

230 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nbote(m): 10:16am On Jun 24, 2019
Bunch of hypocrites who would go as far as fighting and insulting their elders and parent's mates over atm and bank hall queue would still b d ones bashing d young man for asking for his own property again. If dis had been a random old elderly man I'm sure their reaction would have been different

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 24, 2019
Soyinka as a Cultist in his school days did worse.

Stand for what is yours, dont let this so called elders that wasted their generation and encroached into ours intimidate you.

Seat isn't his, will a responsible elder take what isn't rightfully his?

I have no respect for an elderly thief, let alone one whose ideas and actions created a monster called cultism which still causes pain and loss till date.

Soyinka is of no value Abegi.

Who will he take his complain to? Shebi he be atheist.

Karma na confirm BITCH

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Lifestone(m): 10:23am On Jun 24, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Flights seats are number. Prof. Soyinka should have requested for a seat by the window when booking the flight. The young man just insisted on his fundamental rights but i think he should have reasoned with those who pleaded with him and let the old man be.

The guy must be a true blooded Igbo guy. We are not asslickers. We know our rights and stand by it
It will become even worse if the guy is an Igbo, because Woke Soyinka was imprisoned fighting for the right of the Ignos during the civil war. He should be an hero in the Igbo land.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 24, 2019
I would politely tell prof. to relocate from my seat because it was originally allocated to me.However, if he refuses i would let him have it .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by TheTrueSeeker2: 10:55am On Jun 24, 2019
Juliusmalema:
Wole Soyinka is the one looking for trouble. He should go and look for his seat number and occupy where is assigned to him.

I kind of agree with you.

Better still Wole Soyinka should've waited on his own seat until the young man got on board, then request for a seat swap instead of doing what rascals do in motor parks...!!!

Meanwhile, Tonye Cole that would not agree to step down for Magnus Abe or anyone else for that matter is here running his mouth...

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Collins4u1(m): 11:05am On Jun 24, 2019
How can you take my seat and I ask for it you're saying I disrespected the person. Did he pay for my flight?

Common getup from my sit..

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by SendAbroad: 11:21am On Jun 24, 2019
There is a reason why people are allocated seat numbers.

Every one is responsible for checking their assigned seat numbers.

It is only in Nigeria that we put sentiments in every thing..

Whilst the seat owner is not wrong to request for his assigned seat, I think Wole Soyinka should have acted in a more refined way to give the seat back rather than attempt braggado especially when there are no signs in an airplane that says "This seats belong to elderly persons" like you find in buses.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by galadima77(m): 11:48am On Jun 24, 2019
Juliusmalema:

On point

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by generationz(f): 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
I'm sure if Soyinka had nicely asked the man would have allowed him

When an elder lacks respect for his grey hairs he would be disgraced one day

Its like putting your hands into the plate of food of a child and taking his only meat because you are an agbalagba

Its called stealing

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by bamasite2: 12:27pm On Jun 24, 2019
Mogbe
Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 24, 2019
Oga get out of his seat.

Meanwhile, only one particular tribe in Nigeria can be bold enough to stand their ground and fight for their right.

If you know, you know.

38 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Visa To Mauritius / Awka Flyovers Illuminating At Night / Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.