Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,522 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:08 PM

Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad (17924 Views)

How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? / Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience / Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Inception(m): 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
hahn:

Don't mind the dude. See as he said N850k like it is one kind big money.

I agree with the op. Even as a business person relying on one source of income is a sure way of setting yourself up for disappointment.

Trust me, I am speaking from experience

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Writercruze: 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2019
sallazlee:
nice one op
please what type of side hustle can you referral. it nor easy to save money

Do you have any skill? if yes, you can go into freelancing, dropshipping, information marketing, mini importation, the list is endless. The important thing is that you've something that complements your income.

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
hahn:

Don't mind the dude. See as he said N850k like it is one kind big money.

I agree with the op. Even as a business person relying on one source of income is a sure way of setting yourself up for disappointment.

Trust me, I am speaking from experience
i think 850,000# is enough for a month.

if u spend wisely

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by wisewordd: 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
It's not that people don't want to add an extra or more to their source of income. A Nigerian job will drain all your time and strength that when you get home, look for what to eat and bath, you are already sleeping.

note: Don't let your Boss Know that you have a side hustle if you can. na that time your query go dey enter everyday.

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by hahn(m): 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
Knownking:
i think 850,000# is enough for a month.

if u spend wisely

Sure. Even N100,000 is enough but going by the op it is better to have 4 streams of income making 100k/month each than just one making N1m/month

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by iykepromotions: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2019
You're right. Just like the old proverb says; don't put all your eggs in one basket.

For those still believing that an average Nigerian can not make legitimate income online, it's all lies. Change your mentality. Check out this awareness thread on how an average Nigerian can make money online with EXPIRED DOMAIN NAMES; https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online

Also do more research beyond the thread. Stop complaining there's no job

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by koyeni(m): 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2019
True talk
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by agwom(m): 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
yeah
vintino:
Wow FTC for the first time... How I wish NL pays for FTC,.. I would have add it as side hustle grin .....
Now to the matter at hand, salary is different from salary... Someone receiving anything 400k+ in Nigeria can live a very good n comfortable life... In as much he lives within his means!..
I am not saying side hustle is not good but the fact is we can't all engage in side hustle... It's the same side hustle that is sending some ppl back to the village....
The point is even if you want to go into side hustle please kindle know much about the hustle or the business... So you don't keep on incubating a spoilt egg!

Know yourself,
know your capacity,
understand the business,
And don't invest either your time or finance into something you don't understand!

My 2cent..

We will all make it at the end!
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by iykepromotions: 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
mrkaikea:
Congrats to all my subscribers last week , let make it rain again , DM OR WhatsApp
why not engage in something tangible instead of looking for whom to scam?

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Hoodbilonia: 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
I spent 2m in 3months

Af stopped smoking abeg
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by eliok(m): 2:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
Get a Great side hustle income from kindle here
https://www.nairaland.com/5268124/kindle-success-making-money-online
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by AZeD1(m): 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2019
Writercruze:

But your salary will never make you rich. It will only cater to your basic daily needs.

Every salary earner lives a little above poverty life. But you can still be rich as a salary earner… Do know how? Relax, I will tell you, that is why I am here…

The only way you can become very comfortable as a salary earner is by having a side hustle….

This is false.
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
vintino:

We will all make it at the end!

The statement above is factually incorrect, not everyone will make it at the end.

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
AZeD1:

This is false.

It is not only false but empirically proven to be false. Not all side hustles will make you rich.
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
Writercruze:

Do you have any skill? if yes, you can go into freelancing, dropshipping, information marketing, mini importation, the list is endless. The important thing is that you've something that complements your income.
Would love to know about this dropshipping... Already into mini importation
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by NwaIgboBoy(m): 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2019
but the funnest part is that Nigerians can't even find single one income not to talk of relying only on it .....
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by AZeD1(m): 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2019
There's only one way to be rich, and that is making more money than you spend.

You can have 5 side hustles that bring in 100k each a month but folks earning 1M/per month upwards per month would still have more money than you assuming spending percentage is equal.

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Kingbenn(m): 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
Well, I'm not interested in any fucking job, been an entrepreneur is a bae, I work for myself, I answer to myself, goes to work when I feel like a
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by hemmanuelle(m): 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
THAT CORRECT.

CHAT ME UP FOR LEGIT INVESTMENT THAT PAYS 80% OF YOUR INVESTMENT IN 2 WEEKS.
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by dangoteinlaw: 3:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
Joromi12:
95% of side hustles crash. The people you put there go chop and ruin u. Leave trash for lawma
on point!! Where's my barbing saloon today, abegi forget trash side Hustle

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Just2endowed2(m): 3:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
guys powerbanks, External Hard drives, other phone and computer accessories are available wink
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by robosky02(m): 3:25pm On Jun 24, 2019
Wealthierboy:
Yes o brother.. That's why I'm planing to do yahoo yahoo for side hustling

Once my woman pay I stop my government work instantly

What is 30k when my woman go fit pay 100,000 dollars

Who is your woman

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by bilag17(m): 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2019
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by frankson1(m): 3:34pm On Jun 24, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Don't say that, your demand will be high. Will you go and rent an apartment at Ajegunle? Will you still be hopping Okada? Will you still be patronising bend down boutiques? Will you still be eating at buka or eatery? Will your parents and siblings not demand? The more you have,the higher your demand and the more you spend.
Billionaires go broke!

PERFECT ANSWER TO THIS POST.

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Don't say that, your demand will be high. Will you go and rent an apartment at Ajegunle? Will you still be hopping Okada? Will you still be patronising bend down boutiques? Will you still be eating at buka or eatery? Will your parents and siblings not demand? The more you have,the higher your demand and the more you spend.
Billionaires go broke!

Spent like 500k last week

So when I see posts like his own i just laugh

What's 850k just 2200$ or so undecided

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by kingandamy4life(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
Intact this post is just the question ve been asking myself. I just collected salary 2days ago and its finished on debt.my life is full of debt that I don't even know what to do.I am now having thought of sugar mummy cos I don't care again.kai salary cannot make u rich dat truth.which side hurtsle make sense to invest in now?

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by obamartins(m): 4:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
Writercruze:

How many 400k salary jobs are available in Nigeria? How many percent of graduates have such jobs? What happens if your employer suddenly ask you to go from that 400k job?

There are Very few jobs that can pay 400k a month, but with the Internet, 400k is achievable. No need to go into crime just take advantage of videos on youtube to horn ur skill and people will demand for it. I moved from 16k a month to between 300k to 400k every month. Don't wait for things to happen, it's a rat race in this country and to survive you must think differently. The millions is in your laptop connected to the Internet. Not yahoo yahoo o. Get Skills that white folks will be ready to pay for ur service. A friend of mine just 25 earns over 800k working on fiverr, upwork and he is also a self publisher on kdp. Please Nigerian youths, u only have one life, think outside the box and earn something decent, take advantage of the cyberspace. My 2cent.

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Ryan03(f): 4:17pm On Jun 24, 2019
virginboy1:
Insightful thread...one of the worst side hustle is playing betting..bet9ja don chop quarter of ma salary already... cry

Lemme try that afflilate marketing if it will pay. smiley

On the contrary, Saving money in Nigeria is very difficult I swear..You will be jejely saving your money in peace & get a call from village saying *"Obinna,send money for
hospital, grandmama swallow razor"* embarassed cry
Bomb dey your head i swear grin

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by obamartins(m): 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2019
wisewordd:
It's not that people don't want to add an extra or more to their source of income. A Nigerian job will drain all your time and strength that when you get home, look for what to eat and bath, you are already sleeping.

note: Don't let your Boss Know that you have a side hustle if you can. na that time your query go dey enter everyday.

You can actually outsource. I know of my guys who freelance, they get the job and outsource it for a lesser amount. Indie publishers who have never written a book. Search for emeka ossai on youtube

My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. / Has Your Boss In The Office Ever Approached You? / N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out