Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Possibilianism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Possibilianism (1729 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Possibilianism by LordReed(m): 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2019
The real problem is not whether you believe in a god or not, the real problem is when you promulgate dumbass laws for people to live by based on your beliefs. Why would you call for the extermination of a whole swath of humans just because they do not fit into your beliefs? Why should you limit how consenting adults choose to relate sexually just because you think your god is so concerned about who people fĂșck? When you set these kinds of things against the sheer scale of the universe, I don't see how you can think making your belief supreme is significant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possibilianism by budaatum: 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2019
LordReed:
The real problem is not whether you believe in a god or not, the real problem is when you promulgate dumbass laws for people to live by based on your beliefs. Why would you call for the extermination of a whole swath of humans just because they do not fit into your beliefs? Why should you limit how consenting adults choose to relate sexually just because you think your god is so concerned about who people fĂșck? When you set these kinds of things against the sheer scale of the universe, I don't see how you can think making your belief supreme is significant.
Thankfully, all of the above is of the ungodly, for God would likely say:

Re: Possibilianism by LordReed(m): 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2019
budaatum:

Thankfully, all of the above is of the ungodly, for God would likely say:

Except I know everyone is walking around with something in their eye and while some people whittle away at theirs some other people think theirs doesn't exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possibilianism by budaatum: 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2019
LordReed:

Except I know everyone is walking around with something in their eye and while some people whittle away at theirs some other people think theirs doesn't exist.
And some go and pack even more forest inside their own eye and also go about putting forest in somene else's eye.

They must be stopped, my Lord.

1 Like

Re: Possibilianism by LordReed(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2019
budaatum:

And some go and pack even more forest inside their own eye and also go about putting forest in somene else's eye.

They must be stopped, my Lord.

We shall try.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possibilianism by budaatum: 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2019
LordReed:

We shall try.
You always do my Lord. I commend your relentlessness on Evo One.

1 Like

Re: Possibilianism by EmperorHarry: 7:05am On Aug 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

That is what straddling means
No to me tho..If every human endeavored to keep an open mind,the world will be a better place.Don't you think Muttley?

There is a lot we all are ignorant about, yet we still are excessively conceited and absorbed in oneself to believe that we are more intelligient, more knowing, more wiser, more better than God
The entirety of our ignorance of the universe(living, nonliving, phenomena,dark matter,past,present,future etc) is the path to understanding God. You can't say you know me just because you know my name.That's just foolishness and as such possiblianism is for those humble enough to acknowledge the vanity in what we call knowledge about God or this thing called life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possibilianism by MuttleyLaff: 8:26am On Aug 01, 2019
EmperorHarry:
No to me tho..If every human endeavored to keep an open mind, the world will be a better place. Don't you think Muttley?
My sentiment, my exact sentiment too, that it's in our interest to keep an open mind because, as you would agree and accept EmperorHarry, we all have not just only inherited or learned lies, but also have spread and promoted lies, perhaps innocently helped in those regards, still they are lies nonetheless. The 25 pages+ thread with the guilty and co of not keeping an open mind is evidence of how the world is not yet a better place because of bigotry, hatred, hostility, prejudices, oppression of minorities, ignorances etcetera.

EmperorHarry:
The entirety of our ignorance of the universe (living, nonliving, phenomena, dark matter, past, present, future etc) is the path to understanding God. You can't say you know me just because you know my name. That's just foolishness and as such possiblianism is for those humble enough to acknowledge the vanity in what we call knowledge about God or this thing called life.
If I am able to tell who you are and even know your name, then I do to some degree know you. There is nothing unwise in that, it would seem to me Emperor.
Re: Possibilianism by LordReed(m): 8:59am On Aug 01, 2019
budaatum:

You always do my Lord. I commend your relentlessness on Evo One.

High praise my dear buda, thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Uncle Runs A Motherless Babies Home, But I Don't Like Its Operation / Why President Donald Trump Must Go To Jerusalem. The Watchers' Thread 2 / What Spiritual Meaning Does The Presence Of An Owl Holds??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.