Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far (20763 Views)

Risevest’s CEO, Eke Urum, Found Guilty Of Sexual Impropriety And Abuse Of Power / Judge Issues Arrest Warrant For Exxonmobil's Richard Laing / Court Issues Arrest Warrant For Innoson Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by jerrybone(f): 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2019
The issuance of bench warrant against me by the Federal High Court Ikoyi Lagos, today, June 24th 2019 by Justice Ayokunle Faji is an abuse of process taken too far by the Court and made without jurisdiction. The order itself is a nullity and does not have grounds on law.Firstly, there is no prima facie case against me. The charge was based on suspected or trumped up action of Innoson Nigeria Ltd and Innoson Nigeria Ltd was a party originally to the charge but was discharged by the Court of Appeal.Secondly, there was no notice of trial served on me pursuant to the Administration of Criminal Justice Act.

The act provides that before the court should issue a bench warrant, there must be proof of service of the charge and the notice of trial on the person involved. But there is no notice of trial served on me and the question of whether I, Innocent Chukwuma has been served with the charge is still pending at the Supreme Court.

More importantly, the charge is also an abuse because of earlier similar suit in relation to the charge pending at different Federal High Courts.Thirdly, The said CHARGE NO: FHC/L/565/2015 which is a trumped up was filed by the police in 2015 and was equally withdrawn by the same police through its notice of withdrawal dated 17th February, 2016 duly filed at the Federal High Court Registry Lagos.GTB characteristically got the then Director of Public Prosecution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (names withheld) to claim to have taken over the Charge/case using the name of the Attorney General of the Federation. This is after the Police have withdrawn the case.

Interestingly, that DPP involvement in this matter and his complicities therein led to his removal as the Director of Public Prosecution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.The argument on whether the Office of the Attorney General is empowered to take over a case that the Police have originally withdrawn is still going on at the Supreme Court.The public should be aware that this latest order is being orchestrated by Guaranty Trust Bank in order to force me negotiate with the bank from a weaker position.

It will be recalled that in a decision of 27th February 2019 in Appeal No:SC.694/2014 between Guaranty Trust Bank PLC v Innoson Nig Ltd, the Supreme Court dismissed GTB’s appeal against the Court of Appeal’s judgment which ordered GTB to pay the judgment debt which with accrued interest is as at today over N9Billion.I therefore advice the bank for the benefit of its shareholders to quickly comply with the Supreme Court judgment and pay the over N9billion judgment debt.

Failure to do so within the short period of grace that Innoson Nigeria Ltd granted to the bank will lead to the final execution of the Writ of Fifa against Guaranty Trust Bank.Meanwhile, I have appealed against the Order of Bench Warrant to the Court of Appeal and have as well filled a Motion for Stay of Execution of the Order.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
The argument on whether the Office of the Attorney General is empowered to take over a case that the Police have originally withdrawn is still going on at the Supreme Court.The public should be aware that this latest order is being orchestrated by Guaranty Trust Bank in order to force me negotiate with the bank from a weaker position.
From a neutral position, we will patiently wait for the outcome of this particular issue.
Whatever party is right or wrong, Justice must prevail!

If you are somehow confused about how international payment works. Check out if you can make sense of it below.
If not, just follow our simple explanations.
To save our time, let us just concentrate on the points.

GTBank Claims

Granted Innoson N2.4 Billion Loan to import motorcycles.
Establishes different LCs in favour of Innoson under this facility.
It reserved propriety interest until a percentage of value of LC is paid.Original Bill of Laden (still with bank) was security for loan.
Innoson cleared the goods with bank endorsement forged on the BoLThe bank then referred the case to the Police who commenced investigation and charged the men for forgery. 

Innoson Claims

GTBank never gave a loan of N2.4 Billion.
Only loan they got was N1.3 Billion which has been fully repaid.
BoL couldn't have been security for loan since it is released at the point of shipment when payment must have been made or guaranteed.
GTBank paid the duty for the goods without which it would be impossible to clear it.
GTBank released the original BoL to Innoson.
After clearing, Innoson returned to GTBank the relevant exchange rate documents for onward transmission to the CBN.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Auxtin85(m): 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Pidginwhisper: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by izzou(m): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2019
angry

Can't this case be settled once and for all?

5 billion na him dem dey drag back and forth since angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Aliencraft(m): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2019
grin
Writ of Fifa against Guaranty Trust Bank

Wetin concern Fifa for dis matter!!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by chloride6: 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2019
grin grin
Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Daevid(m): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2019
Na so this guy rob me of ftc oh, I sabi your outlet, one free chicken BBQ for me
post=79638213:
ok
Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Unlimitk2(m): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2019
See this mumu

1 Like

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Lamasta(m): 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
Oga Innonson go and clear yourself don't let village people reason your matter o grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
Daevid:
Na so this guy rob me of ftc oh, I sabi your outlet, one free chicken BBQ for me
What is ftc?
Abuja you mean?

Meanwhile, comment om the topic pls.
Don't derail

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Bolustical: 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
Biafrans,

I thought GTB would have been Igbo-owned right now, given the way you celebrated the last judgment grin

I am waiting for the victimization wailings.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Bolustical: 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
ozoebuka1:
Rule of law is kinda dead in this country

Of course,

It's always dead once the judicial decision(s) you once hailed no longer suit you.

Innoson should face the court, simple!!!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Hienna(m): 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
I love this Man

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by GrowYourSales(m): 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
More money more trouble, says the Holy Book

Wanna get human hair in wholesale? Check my signature
Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Solidkay(m): 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
I see some powerful men with great influence on the judicial system fighting this INNOSON man secretly.

25 Likes

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Chukwurah003: 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
Mr. Man shut up there. I say shut up. Yeye

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
GTB should just pay innoson, all this intimidations will not work.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Phock2sweet: 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
I no understand this bench of a thing . Make somebody explain abeg...... Click like if you too don't understand it

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by ozoebuka1(m): 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
Rule of law is kinda dead in this country

8 Likes

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Sundaypaul12345: 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hhhh
Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Ikem11(m): 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2019
Educate them

5 Likes

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by nairalee(m): 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2019
I don't know what exactly is the true water that has gone under the bridge

And for once I DON'T CARE

This is the only Nigerian car company. One of the few manufacturer doing something that will lead to much employment and increase the nation's GDP.

Other nations will support, protect and pass legislation that'll encourage him such as ensuring ALL official vehicles be made by him.

But what do we have today? Intimidation, frustration, harassment etc

I just tire for this country

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Menance: 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2019
boss man

4 Likes

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Ikem11(m): 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
Chukwurah003:
Mr. Man shut up there. I say shut up. Yeye

Is that all u can offer? Abuse? Am sorry 4 d state u in now

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by hesilo(m): 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
cheesy grin grin
GTB go do this thing sotee the money go reach 30 billion.

21 Likes

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by eazylion001: 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
*Just join APC and all ur sins will be washed away*

1 Like

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by OdefaGirl(f): 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
They will try, but gonna fail....
Those shouting "school na scam", you see where you need it?

7 Likes

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Jobac: 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
He is playing the victim card as usual, na so the people from that region dey do since 1967.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by Aidejay(m): 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
We know them
They will come and whitewash the thread with their sentiments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far by eagleeye2: 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
NLwill soon be on fire.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fish Farm Business Proposal / Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent / CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.