Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,930 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... (2345 Views)

FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Ahead Of Ivory Coast, Haaland’s Norway After Biggest Move / What Are Your Expectations Of Super Eagles Against Elephants Of Ivory Coast? / Didier Drogba Dances Zanku, As People Of Ivory Coast Celebrate Him(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by bingbagbo(m): 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
I have watched all the big teams play in this AFCON but for Cameroon and Ghana who are yet to play. I have watched Egypt, Nigeria, Senegal, Morocco , Algeria and the Ivory Coast. I must say the Ivory Coast look scary. I would rate them this way

1. Ivory coast
2. Senegal
3. Egypt
4. Algeria
5. Nigeria
6. Morocco

The Ivory coast have the individual talents and proved quite cohesive. But for the plethora of misses by Jonathan Kodja and the share agility of the South African goalie, the Bafana Bafana would have been humiliated. So far, they have played against a real formidable and respectable opposition amongst the big boys in South Africa who won the 1996 tourney.

Egypt were not convincing against Zimbabwe, Senegal had an easy match in Tanzania (I wonder how they qualified), Algeria, Nigeria and Morocco were all Lucky.

For now I can boldly declare that, the Ivory coast is the team to beat. From their goal keeper Sylvian Gbohou, to back men Serge Aurier and Kanon, to the experience d Serey Die, Seri, Kessie , max Alan Gradel, Nicholas Pepe, Zaha, Kodja and the rest, they were just a delight to watch.

The big teams must pray to avoid the elephants.

Up ivory coast

Long live Ghana

One love Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by Jaycarnes01(m): 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
“The big boys in South Africa who won the 1996 tourney"
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2019
Bra Charles

Chale thanks for your observation
watch how the super eagles will destroy the ivorians if they meet
but las las Buhari na scam

1 Like

Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by Arebdoullah(m): 10:25pm On Jun 24, 2019
The game was shit!
Ivory coast and South Africa were both shambolic
I dunno if the op watched the game from the back of his tv

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by IronGalaxy: 11:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
bingbagbo:
I have watched all the big teams play in this AFCON but for Cameroon and Ghana who are yet to play. I have watched Egypt, Nigeria, Senegal, Morocco , Algeria and the Ivory Coast. I must say the Ivory Coast look scary. I would rate them this way

1. Ivory coast
2. Senegal
3. Egypt
4. Algeria
5. Nigeria
6. Morocco

The Ivory coast have the individual talents and proved quite cohesive. But for the plethora of misses by Jonathan Kodja and the share agility of the South African goalie, the Bafana Bafana would have been humiliated. So far, they have played against a real formidable and respectable opposition amongst the big boys in South Africa who won the 1996 tourney.

Egypt were not convincing against Zimbabwe, Senegal had an easy match in Tanzania (I wonder how they qualified), Algeria, Nigeria and Morocco were all Lucky.

For now I can boldly declare that, the Ivory coast is the team to beat. From their goal keeper Sylvian Gbohou, to back men Serge Aurier and Kanon, to the experience d Serey Die, Seri, Kessie , max Alan Gradel, Nicholas Pepe, Zaha, Kodja and the rest, they were just a delight to watch.

Up ivory coast

Long live Ghana

One love Africa
South African keeper saved only lwo shots, the point blank save and the free kick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by bingbagbo(m): 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2019
Arebdoullah:
The game was shit!

Your opinion
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by bingbagbo(m): 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2019
IronGalaxy:
South African keeper saved only lwo shots, the point blank save and the free kick

Sure u didn't watch that game
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by bingbagbo(m): 11:23pm On Jun 24, 2019
ILLICITblood:
Bra Charles

Chale thanks for your observation

watch how the super eagles will destroy the ivorians if they meet

but las las Buhari na scam

OK oo I pray they meet in the round of 16

1 Like

Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by IronGalaxy: 11:24pm On Jun 24, 2019
bingbagbo:

Sure u didn't watch that game
I did, and sentiments aside, ivory coast were not that impressive.

5 Likes

Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by bingbagbo(m): 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2019
IronGalaxy:
I did, and sentiments aside, ivory coast were not that impressive.

Please which departments of the game were they not impressive?
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by IronGalaxy: 11:30pm On Jun 24, 2019
bingbagbo:

Please which departments of the game were they not impressive?
ah come on, the overall play. Ivory coast won, sure. Did they outplay South Africa? No!
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by bingbagbo(m): 11:35pm On Jun 24, 2019
IronGalaxy:
ah come on, the overall play. Ivory coast won, sure. Did they outplay South Africa? No!

The Ivory coast were by far the better side, spent most of their game time in the South African penalty area. But for hard luck and some misses it would have been 5-0.

I remember Pepe's two freekicks.
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by Emilokoiyawon: 11:40pm On Jun 24, 2019
If your ranking is correct then the title is between Ivory Coast, Senegal and Egypt.
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by IronGalaxy: 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
bingbagbo:

The Ivory coast were by far the better side, spent most of their game time in the South African penalty area. But for hard luck and some misses it would have been 5-0.

I remember Pepe's two freekicks.
ok my guy. Let's agree to disagree wink

2 Likes

Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by itsme01: 4:31am On Jun 25, 2019
angry

Its very obvious why Africans are always the first to exit the world cup.... they all played the same, goals where scored like flukes, no difference between big or small teams everyone played quite shitty games

3 Likes

Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by Light1259: 6:17am On Jun 25, 2019
Arebdoullah:
The game was shit!

I thought as much, the match irritates me that I had to leave.
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by bingbagbo(m): 9:21am On Jun 25, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:
If your ranking is correct then the title is between Ivory Coast, Senegal and Egypt.

Yes for now, but hey this is football, anything can happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by oloriooko(m): 9:23am On Jun 25, 2019
bingbagbo:

1. Ivory coast
2. Senegal
3. Egypt
4. Algeria
5. Nigeria
6. Morocco

Up ivory coast

Long live Ghana

One love Africa

Bro where you come place Mali

2 Likes

Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by bingbagbo(m): 10:16am On Jun 25, 2019
oloriooko:

Bro where you come place Mali

I had not watched Mali before writing this, besides I don't regard Mali a grade A African side, in my grade B and Mauritania can't be a proper test for mali
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by Otaz19: 11:03am On Jun 25, 2019
IronGalaxy:
Afcon takes break due to heat
https://xplore24news..com/2019/06/Soaring-heats-cause-AFCON-observe-break-CAF.html?m=1
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by Otaz19: 11:07am On Jun 25, 2019
Yes oooI dat Ivorian team is deadly.
I thank God they are not in group B
Lol. AFCON takes break due to heat
https://xplore24news..com/2019/06/Soaring-heats-cause-AFCON-observe-break-CAF.html?m=1
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by bingbagbo(m): 11:13am On Jun 25, 2019
Otaz19:
Yes oooI dat Ivorian team is deadly.
I thank God they are not in group B
Lol. AFCON takes break due to heat

Tell your countrymen
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by Notryme80: 11:24am On Jun 25, 2019
itsme01:
angry

Its very obvious why Africans are always the first to exit the world cup.... they all played the same, goals where scored like flukes, no difference between big or small teams everyone played quite shitty games

You're very much on point, especially the bolded.
It is with this same mentality most of them argue that the EPL is tougher and more competitive than the Spanish La Liga. Yes, the EPL is tougher, but courtesy to the fact that most of its teams especially in the last decade is made up of average teams unlike La Liga where there seems to be a clear discrepancy between the big guys and the small guys.

Thanks to the self re-discovery of Liverpool and an impressive era of good players and a good coach for Man-City since the last 3 to 4 seasons which has made the duo to display some tantalizing football.

Back to the main point ; African football has been like that, it's always a deadlock between two teams with both hoping to luckily score the other first. All in all, there is basically little effect to professionalism when we talk of African football.
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by itsme01: 11:28am On Jun 25, 2019
Notryme80:

It is with this same mentality most of them argue that the EPL is tougher and more competitive than the Spanish La Liga. Yes, the EPL is tougher, but courtesy to the fact that most of its teams especially in the last decade is made up of average teams unlike La Liga where there seems to be a clear discrepancy between the big guys and the small guys.

Thanks to the self re-discovery of Liverpool and an impressive era of good players and a good coach for Man-City since the last 3 to 4 seasons which has made the duo to display some tantalizing football.

Back to the main point ; African football has been like that, it's always a deadlock between two teams with both hoping to luckily score the other first. All in all, there is basically little effect to professionalism when we talk of African football.

you're right .. you just took everything i wanted to say and expressed it better.. am not seeing any tactics and strategy to or game play play plan in this nations cup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by Notryme80: 11:48am On Jun 25, 2019
itsme01:

you're right .. you just took everything i wanted to say and expressed it better.. am not seeing any tactics and strategy to or game play play plan in this nations cup

It's truly sad. And this also extends to our African Leagues. Scoring a goal is more of luck than a display of a well planned and organized team work.

I play football a lot, especially from the midfield and attacking positions, and one thing I have learnt is that to score a goal in a typical African footballing setup, you must be out of the reach of being fouled by any close defensive player, or else, you stand every chance to be gravely injured by an opponent.

Still nursing a hamstring injury I got since 28th of December last year. It's definitely not funny at all and I'm not happy, especially for the fact that I haven't been able to play since then.
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by bingbagbo(m): 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
Notryme80:

Your perspective unfortunately is clouded by apparent inferiority complex and a western supremacy illusion . The gap between western football is much closer than it was twenty years ago, African teams have matched the worlds best over the past few years , stop kidding yourself. Several of the best footballer s in the world now are Africans. Africans have an extra bite to their game called power, that is what might be deceiving you. If you are really watching the Afcon then u would realise goals are not scored by luck.

Up mama Africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by Notryme80: 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2019
bingbagbo:

Your perspective unfortunately is clouded by apparent inferiority complex and a western supremacy illusion . The gap between western football is much closer than it was twenty years ago, African teams have matched the worlds best over the past few years , stop kidding yourself. Several of the best footballer s in the world now are Africans. Africans have an extra bite to their game called power, that is what might be deceiving you. If you are really watching the Afcon then u would realise goals are not scored by luck.

Up mama Africa

I laugh at this mentality of yours because it is even more delusional than you can possibly comprehend. This megalomaniac approach to self esteem is just like a butterfly calling itself a bird simply because it can fly.
After shouting "up mama Africa," it is your lots that stirs up the Africa-Europe immigration index just to find your way out of this shithole called Africa.

We are all native to Africa, and perhaps we're proud of that, but that shouldn't prompt some illusionary megalomaniac instinct because lurked behind our pride is the timid admittance of being subjugated by the West which is a practical and obviously undeniable fact no matter how you put it.

Whether you like it or not, African style of football is far below (without any hope of improving in the nearest future) what our European counterparts display week in, week out.

I wouldn't like to refer you verifiable facts like the performance of African teams on a global stage e.g world cup, or better still, individual awards like world best players etc...

Africa is our home, but a spade is a spade no matter what you call it.
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by boron10(m): 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
Bingbagbo, wait till you watch Ghana game against Cameroon before commenting on the strongest team so far.

I can't wait to see ayew's face after Cameroon pummeling grin
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by Lordjb: 1:14pm On Jun 25, 2019
Interesting, let's see how it goes

1 Like

Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by Preciousgirl(f): 1:26pm On Jun 25, 2019
Notryme80:

I laugh at this mentality of yours because it is even more delusional than you can possibly comprehend. This megalomaniac approach to self esteem is just like a butterfly calling itself a bird simply because it can fly.
After shouting "up mama Africa," it is your lots that stirs up the Africa-Europe immigration index just to find your way out of this shithole called Africa.

We are all native to Africa, and perhaps we're proud of that, but that shouldn't prompt some illusionary megalomaniac instinct because lurked behind our pride is the timid admittance of being subjugated by the West which is a practical and obviously undeniable fact no matter how you put it.

Whether you like it or not, African style of football is far below (without any hope of improving in the nearest future) what our European counterparts display week in, week out.

I wouldn't like to refer you verifiable facts like the performance of African teams on a global stage e.g world cup, or better still, individual awards like world best players etc...

Africa is our home, but a spade is a spade no matter what you call it.

Come on, the west always cheating African teams, they know what we can do if they don't cheat. Africans are doing Africa proud in all the major leagues in Europe, African won the Fifa player of the year, in 1997 Africa XI defeated Europe xI, maybe you were a kid then, when Abedi Pele and Oliseh Sunday scored for Africa .
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by bingbagbo(m): 1:30pm On Jun 25, 2019
Preciousgirl:

Come on, the west always cheating African teams, they know what we can do if they don't cheat. Africans are doing Africa proud in all the major leagues in Europe, African won the Fifa player of the year, in 1997 Africa XI defeated Europe xI, maybe you were a kid then, when Abedi Pele and Oliseh Sunday scored for Africa .

Thanks dear, you couldn't have rebutted better
Re: I Watched The Elephants Of Ivory Coast Today And... by bingbagbo(m): 1:33pm On Jun 25, 2019
boron10:
Bingbagbo, wait till you want Ghana game against Cameroon before commenting on the strongest team so far.

I can't wait to see ayew's face after Cameroon pummeling grin

Ghana defeated Cameroon back in Yaoundé in 1999 on their home soil if you didn't know. After the 1990 world cup, when a Western journalist interviewed Roger Mills and was full of accolades for Cameroons soccer heroics, he replied them , "wait till Ghana comes to the world cup"

And I can't wait to see Ghana face Nigeria, and you know what that means grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Superbet Today Fixed Match(check ) / Is Bet9ja Truly Legal In Nigeria / Ibrahimovic Is Still Finding It Difficult To Adapt To Barca Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.