Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,968 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

My Encounter With The Federal Airport Authority Towing Agency. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Encounter With The Federal Airport Authority Towing Agency. (639 Views)

Satha Tabuk: The Best Car Towing Service / Home Towing Services Manassas / Don Towing Services Manassas VA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Encounter With The Federal Airport Authority Towing Agency. by xtiandamondre(m): 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
I was at the MM1 Ikeja on Saturday 22/06/2019 evening to pick a Nigerian professor friend of mine, he was nominated by SA government's to attend a seminar in Lagos for 4 days, I spent hours at the carpark waiting for my friend to be cleared from the immigration.

Another Nigerian colleague in South Africa sent a luggage through my friend to be delivered to a family member in Lagos here, the guy that wanted to pick the bag also came to the Airport with his car and we were on the same route in order to collect the bag and drives off.

We left pick up terminal and drove down to the new road constructed by HE Ex Gov Ambode. There are some area that they hanged no parking signs and we drove towards Oshodi road where there was no single road signs of no - parking or anything just for us to give luggage to the other guy and move on to our different locations.

Lo and behold some guys looking like kidnappers just jumped out of the bush, they were hidden somewhere I don't even have the idea. Six(6) of them, they hooked my jeep with a strong iron and the car was unable to move .

Initially I was scared based on security issues on going in the country, I came down, It was around 10.30pm, I and my friend talk to them politely that there was no single sign of no parking here and we were far away from Airport, we didn't cause any obstruction, we can't stay more than 2 minute's.

These guys were so rude and heartless , they said they have been empowered to arrests and tow anyone that parked even without any signs on the road.

They took us to one hidden security office in front of Accident investigation Bureau (AIB) where they have arrested many innocent Nigerians, many are just returning to the country after many years.

They billed us #10,500 and they told us to go to First Bank inside the Departure hall of MM1 at about 11pm ...

I asked how do I get there , they said I should trek. Omg.

My friend was so scared cos he has read a whole lot on the internet about Nigeria security issues

He was so angry, I trekked from AIB to MM1 only to find
out that First bank does not collect any money from anybody regards such illegal fine and they have even closed for business, I met some securities and they said I should use ATM and go back with cash.

I took that cash from ATM and trecked back to AIB office and they collected #10,500 cash at about 11.45pm and they gave me this invoice.

This guy ( my friend has been nominated several times to come to Nigeria, he had canceled more than 5 trips to Nigeria for presentation, I gave him the confidence to come that Lagos is more secured, that I will be responsible for his safety and all that.

Imagine how we are hiding under the pretence of power to rub people off their belonging and creating bad image of the country for foreigners coming into the country.

To us, 10,500 is just a token , but the stress , the manhandling manner and shenanigans attitude of those guys were just too disturbing.

Anyone that drives on that axis, please be careful cos those guys can do anything to obtain by force from anybody.

Meanwhile I left the discussions to well meaning Nigerians .

Thanks

Re: My Encounter With The Federal Airport Authority Towing Agency. by Adeniyii2017: 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
Truth be told.. they can really be unprofessional.

Access to all the materials you need for Data Science, Web Development, and Software Development 40.5GB
You can also get this for your loved ones that are interested in programming. They’ll appreciate it.

See thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/5261075/get-all-materials-needed-data

(1) (Reply)

Motivational Speaker Beaten In Ghana For Saying How He Started His Restaurant / Snake That Came To Observe Covid 19 Lockdown In My Premises /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.