Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Why Is Everyone Becoming Selfish? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is Everyone Becoming Selfish? (486 Views)

Why You Need To Be SELFISH As A Nigerian Youth! / Why You Need To Be SELFISH As A Nigerian Youth! / 5 Ways To Identify Selfish Politicians Who Seek Power For Self-enrichment (part (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Everyone Becoming Selfish? by nereushouse(m): 2:16am On Jun 25, 2019
I have always dreamt of a World of Love, Unity and Progress in my formative times. I grew up in a very humble background where one Man's Property virtually belonged to all. We cared and had respect.

I remembered my Father's benevolent gestures to his kinsmen when I was growing up. I emulated such, as though accepted by the Christian practices. I remembered how my Father single handedly paid school fees of some students back then who couldn't afford their fees.
Helping one another was a culture practised in the times. No cost was involved, nor stress attached.

Everything has changed now in our robotic, cyber, android and Swagger conscious driven world. Nothing goes for nothing. Everything has become monetised or special benefits attached.

My Brother shared a story with me on how he got his car stocked on a pothole somewhere around Ikeja. He was stranded, after a while, three men came to his rescue.
They pushed the Motor car out from where the car was grinded.
My Brother appreciated by giving them N500 a token atleast for their inconveniences. To his amazement, one of them cried ''Oga, this one no go reach o, we bethree here and where we dey stay far, well,well''. My Brother had to plead with them before they accepted. That's crude and cruel.
No one wants to help without the mindset of having something back in turn. Very bad.

This has also bitten and eaten into our relationships.
Some Men want to have a royal rumble before helping our female folks. Very bad.

Another very annoying behavior of selfish people is this;
I have also noticed recently, that once a friend that hardly calls rings your Phone, the next thing is ''kai, o boy, na God just say make I call you so, after all my good friends don fail me, I know say u no go fail me, one keke scratch my car yesterday for traffic, LASTMA sef come arrest me, as I reach house, my wife come dey Labour''. They don't care about your own welfare. This tactic is used by our fake pastors.

Let us make the world a better place. The World wasn't made for ME, but for YOU and I. Cheers to Happy World.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everyone Becoming Selfish? by tyup(m): 2:33am On Jun 25, 2019
nereushouse:
I have always dreamt of a World of Love, Unity and Progress in my formative times. I grew up in a very humble background where one Man's Property virtually belonged to all. We cared and had respect.

I remembered my Father's benevolent gestures to his kinsmen when I was growing up. I emulated such, as though accepted by the Christian practices. I remembered how my Father single handedly paid school fees of some students back then who couldn't afford their fees.
Helping one another was a culture practised in the times. No cost was involved, nor stress attached.

Everything has changed now in our robotic, cyber, android and Swagger conscious driven world. Nothing goes for nothing. Everything has become monetised or special benefits attached.

My Brother shared a story with me on how he got his car stocked on a pothole somewhere around Ikeja. He was stranded, after a while, three men came to his rescue.
My Brother appreciated by giving them N500 a token atleast for their inconveniences. To his amazement, one of them cried ''Oga, this one no go reach o, we bethree here and where we dey stay far, well,well''. My Brother had to plead with them before they accepted. That's crude and cruel.
No one wants to help without the mindset of having something back in turn. Very bad.

I have also noticed recently, that once a friend that hardly calls rings your Phone, the next thing is ''kai, o boy, na God just say make I call you so, after all my good friends don fail me, I know say u no go fail me, one keke scratch my car yesterday for traffic, LASTMA sef come arrest me, as I reach house, my wife come dey Labour''. They don't care about your own welfare. This tactic is used by our fake pastors.

Let us make the world a better place. The World wasn't made for ME, but for YOU and I. Cheers to Happy World.

It's the world we live in bro
Re: Why Is Everyone Becoming Selfish? by catwalq(f): 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
Many people don't realize that being kind to others is the rent we pay for sharing earth space. It's sad really.
Re: Why Is Everyone Becoming Selfish? by Deepfeel(m): 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
nereushouse:

If the world was occupied by only good people we won't know the value of good, the world needs bad people to know the value of good people,
If the world was occupied by only rich people we won't know the value of been rich the rich need the poor to know the value of richness, strong people need the weak to know the value of their strength, beautiful handsome people need the ugly,
Light needs darkness, it goes on and on it's endless these positive and negative things are actually what makes the world an interesting place to live in, God himself allowed it this way so that humans will recognize him as God

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Becoming Selfish? by catwalq(f): 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
Deepfeel:

If the world was occupied by only good people we won't know the value of good, the world needs bad people to know the value of good people,
If the world was occupied by only rich people we won't know the value of been rich the rich need the poor to know the value of richness, strong people need the weak to know the value of their strength, beautiful handsome people need the ugly,
Light needs darkness, it goes on and on it's endless these positive and negative things are actually what makes the world an interesting place to live in, God himself allowed it this way so that humans will recognize him as God

Well,isn't he a smart one?
Re: Why Is Everyone Becoming Selfish? by Deepfeel(m): 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2019
catwalq:

Well,isn't he a smart one?
God is a smart God no doubt grin
Re: Why Is Everyone Becoming Selfish? by catwalq(f): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2019
Deepfeel:

God is a smart God no doubt grin

I meant you. grin
Re: Why Is Everyone Becoming Selfish? by Deepfeel(m): 7:29pm On Jun 25, 2019
catwalq:

I meant you. grin
Oh thank you grin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks Burutai, Appointed Adeosun As The New Army Chief / Download Rhapsody Of Reality November 2019 / Angry Muslim Woman Confronts Pastor On What He Was Preaching in a Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.