Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller (21158 Views)

ONOME My Landlord's Daughter (humor, Erotic And Romance Thriller) / Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by skubido(m): 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Doubra12(m): 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
Nice story,abeg update
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Meedon: 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
COOL
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2019
The Bodyguard - Episode 16

By Tisa Phiri

.....Paula....

He sat a few steps away from me. I felt bad he was creating that distance between us again..

"how could he not see I wanted him?" I wondered.

Regretting not responding to his kiss earlier that morning. I was too shocked with what happened back at home but that I was caught unaware. The feel of his lips on mine was so breath taking. I just started to enjoy and thinking of joining in but he withdrew leaving me speechless. Seèing him pacing around outside made me realise he had feelings for me but just like me thought I was not interested.

The running away from the people who were following us gave me such a scare I thought I would die, he's driving skills were perfect. I was glad we saved us both.

I looked at him as I sat in the car with the door opened. I had dropped my legs out facing him. He was standing and leaning on a small tree bark. Ackim had told me we had to wait A bit longer to avoid going to the road.

I knew protecting me was his job but honestly I had been thinking he did more than that. Even just for my father who sent him to do almost everything for him.

Sometimes I felt bad he had not found his family yet. I was begining to doubt if dad's people were really looking into it seriously. It had been over 5 Months and Ndola wasn't such a big town that someone serious would fail to find his family. I was glad he hired his own investigators, maybe finding his family will put his life at ease.

I looked at him again realising I was lost in my thoughts. The sun had shone in his face creating some drops of sweat on his forehead. it was almost midday and the skys were clear. I looked around us, we were surrounded by small trees and long glass. Silence hovered around us one would wonder what we were doing in the middle of the Bush.

The environment reminded me of the day I met Ackim, only that then it was green and the ground was wet. But now it was mid August and becoming hot .

The outline of his muscles in his checked grey and black short sleeved shirt and black soft jeans on his bottom indeed gave him a look to desire. I had fallen for his looks, he was always casually dressed but had a perfect choice of clothes and he had this sence of cleanliness.

Ackim always kept his things in order, unlike me, he even knew how to prepare good meals. The only thing I knew how to prepare were scrambled eggs which was the only thing I learnt from my mother. I couldn't cook so to say.

I was stattled when Ackim called me. I didn't hear when he asked me something.

"Soŕry" I apologised coming to my senses,

" what did you say?" I asked the now smiling Ackim. He walked to me and handed me a bottle of water.

" hey! you have been quite and thoughtful for some time" he started..

"don't worry we will soon head back home your father just called to let me know the driver I calledd picked him and that his on his way home." he addded still standing by the open door holding it with his left hand.

"Oh good" I managed to say..

"so when are we supposed to leave this place?"

"I am for the idea that we leave when it's a bit dark so we avoid any more attacks on the way back. The disadvantage is that there is no other way to Solowezi from heŕe and I fear those guys know that and can create an ambush for us " he said seriously his protective instincts turned on.

"Are you okey ?" he asked looking at me

" can we stay here for a while ?"

Yeah I guess" I sighed liking the idea of being with him alone. He was still standing next to me and i thought to myself,

"this is the perfect moment to show him and tell him what I feel"

"Ackim!" I called him in a stead tone.

"yes!" He responded paying attention like i was about to ask him about what he just told me, unknown to him. I was having a hard time spiting what I was just about to say.

"Whats up?" He asked when i was still silent.

"Come closer" I finally said more like ordering him. He moved close still holding the car door.

"closer" I said when he left a small gap between us. I saw he was becoming kind of worried but stil did what I asked. I almost laughed at his face look but instaed I smiled widely.

I held his neck with my two hands and drew him close enough that he's eyes met mine.

"Ackim tell me, what do you feel about me?" I asked still focused on his calm eyes their depth expressing some strong emotions as I leaned my head on his chest still seated on the car seat and him pulled close to me. I had pulled him between my legs and his front touched part of my body.

He almost said something but didn't, Instead he too held my head and gave me a passionate kiss. Taking his time making sure o felt his dominance.

This time i didn't let the chance pass so I kissed him back intensly making him draw closer to me. He held my waist and pulled me to himself without breaking from the kiss. In minutes I was breathless, I wanted to stop and look at him but he made no effort to withdraw, playing along, I clung to him so tight and heard him moan in pleasure. His soft lips pressed so hard on me and his tongue deep in my mouth.

Until he finally stopped and was panting, he let a smile..

"wow! That was..." he paused.. "unexpected?" I completed his sentence.

"No, a dream come true" he smiled leaning his forehead on my chest.

I smiled looking at the bush from his back.

" mmmmmn am I a dream to you Ackim?" I asked touching his color bone. His head stil leaning on me,

He raised his head and looked at me, instead of answering the question he asked me..

"What do you feel for me Paula?" I let a laugh..

"clever uh.. ?" I said shaking my head he just asked back my own question and I hated being the first to tell him what I felt.

"Well you are handsome and charming...." I mentioned two other things and he cut me short. "to the point Paula.." he ordered.

I smiled, if I didn't know better I could have thought I was shy but I thought no ways...

His intimidating atitude turned me on and I liked him when he was being in charge. I always loved a man who would put me in control and not the other way round.

yes? " He asked impatiently. I couldn't hide it anymore so I told him how I felt.

"I fall in love with you the very day I met you" i answered looking at his eyes.

"But why didn't you tell me ?" He asked as he placed his hands on my waist giving me strange shots all the way to my spine.

"I don't know" I murmered not liking the question which made me uncomfortable.

" I gues it's a man who should ask a woman to be with them first, here in Africa." I spoke honestly.

He smiled slightly...

"Mmmn dont tell me you too believe in African culture." he teased..

"Am born from an African father remember ?" I asked smiling back..

He asked me several other things about my boyfriend , what I expect in a relationship. How possible it was to have an afair when he was just a bodyguard and I the daughter of a wealthy and powerful man.

I spent almost 30 minutes answering his questions and he just stood there listening and changing positions of his hands on my body, he would hold my waist, my back, rub my earlobes, place his finger on my nose.. Driving me crazy making me whisper some of the answers whilst my eyes closed shut automatically.

I felt him relax and smile at that, he was enjoying the effect he had on me and i hated being so vulnerable i was almost going for his zip.

"I see" he whispered in my ears. "you don't care if people say you are with your bodyguard of all handsome and rich guys out there?"

He asked, pushing his hands in my back and pulling down the zip to my dress. I gasped at the feel of his hands on the skin on my back and he ordered..

"answer Paula?" I moaned as he drew his hands around me rubbing my nipples gently. I was glad i didnt wear a bra.

"I don't " I whispered..

"mmmmmm, I didnt hear you" he groaned holding my nipples and making me wanna pee in my pants, his other hand went down my dress running the top of my underwear and I was almost screaming.

"Come on Ackim why are you doing this to me?" I asked desperation in my voice.

He smiled but I couldn't open my eyes to see his teeth, his working hands were driving me crazy. He then removed them, pulled up the zip of my dress, smiling when I opened my eyes.

he spoke up,

"Because I want you to be sure of what you want my Paula. I want you to always imagine my hands on you everytime you look at another man and I want you to remember the feel of my lips and my beating heart" he paused kissing me gently

" and always know i am the only one capable of making you feel this way, am the only soldier that would die in the war front just to protect you from any danger. Even when i die today I will always be close to you and do my best to comfort you, because you will now be mine.."

"Ackim" I tried to stop him, his words pierced my heart and I knew no other man could ever make me feel like him. I realised his deep and sentimental words went deeper than what i could hear.

He continued..

"I have never loved anyone the way I love you my coloured girl. Even being with Lisa was a way of running from being so close to you even when it was killing me inside. " he said with a frown..

"you have made my mission to protect and make you happy."

I couldn't take anymore, I held his head and pulled him tto myself

"I love you so much Ackim" I told him..

"I will die for you Paula" he responded kissing me passionately.

We made love and it was epic, like it was the first and the last. His body on mine as we lay in the back of the car was nothing i ever imagined would be possible. With his every touch I felt what I could vow i could never feel with any other man.

At exactly 17 PM, we started driving to the road each one one lost in their own thoughts.

He held my hand as he drove the car.

" I love you" he whispered..

"never forget that."

I nodded my head with a smile

"i love you more" i responded smiling..

We just got to the main road, Ackim steadily joined the tarmac. With a bang our vehicle was pushed off the road and all i can remember was seeing Ackim move to my side and in a rush pushed me out.

I fall down to the ground and the last thing I saw was the range rover blow in flames in front of me, as

my eyes closed and I went dark...

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-bodyguard

1 Like

Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Treasure17(m): 10:43am On Jul 25, 2019
Hmmmmm. Ackim is gradually inviting trouble.

Thanks for the update.
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Ann2012(f): 11:43am On Jul 25, 2019
Well done OP
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Meedon: 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
Wow coool
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 1:21am On Jul 26, 2019
The Bodyguard - Episode 17

By Tisa Phiri

I woke up in the hospital bed, moving as I felt my head pounding like I was hit to the wall. I slowly blinked and opened my eyes, setting my eyes on the white ceiling board. The bulb light touching my eyes making my eyes blink in seconds before they could settle in.

"Hey Paula..!" I heard dad's voice, "welcome back" he smiled coming closer to my side. He held my forehead and smiled in relief.

" I was so worried my baby, how are you feeling? " he asked

"Where am I dad?" I asked instead.. "what happened?"

"You are in the hospital Paula, you had an accident two days ago. I was so worried, thank God you are finally awake " he added.

"The doctor said you sustained minor injuries and a blow to your head, but you will soon be okey there is no major damage on your body."

I right that moment remembered, the last time i saw Ackim and the accident.

"what happened to Ackim dad.. how is he?" I asked clearing my voice.

He moved closer to me and tried to say something but i could read it before he did. I knew my father and he always failed to hide things from me. I definately knew something was wrong and I feared for the worst.

"Tell me dad" I said trying to sit up.

"Calm down Paula" he told me concerned..

"No No No, please dad Dont tell me to calm down. what happened to Ackim? "

"Am so sorry to tell you this my daughter, but Ackim didn't make it, the vehicle was burnt to ashes. He somehow saved you before it blew. There's no way he could have survived, the police are still looking into it to find out what happened that day and I promise to do all i can to get to the bottom of this" he added..

I didn't hear the rest of his explaination my heart felt like it was slowly stopping. I was loosing my breath..

" it can't be" I whispered with the little strength that I was left with.

"no he can't die on me like that dad, he can't. He told me he would protect me, he just cant back out when I just started living my life with him.." i cried..

My father looked at me. I could see he was also feeeling bad, but for me my Ackim wasn't just a body guard. He was the man of my heart, the one who changed my life in minutes.

I recalled his words in the bushes.. "I will protect you with my life and would fight in the war front for you my Paula"

"no!" i shook my heard as I sat down my vision blurred from the tears.

My father tried to comfort me but that wasn't the time.

"please leave me alone for some time dad" i told him as a river of tears rolled down my cheeks. He patted my back and slowly walked out.

"You can't do this to me Ackim" I cried.

" you didn't just come into my life, make me feel like a queen for a day and leave me. how dare you!" i screamed in the pillow held in my face, everything around me seemed to be falling apart.

I cried for almost 2 hours my eyes were puffed, the memory of him pushing me out of the car so vivid it blocked my breathing.

"He died trying to save my life" I thought, as I looked outside the window from the room I was at the hospital.

I looked at some couple seated on the bench outside watching their baby girl play around with some flowers.

"You could have at least given me a chance to have a family with the man I love my God" I whispered..

"what reason do you have for giving me so much love in a short time and grab it before I could even enjoy it further?"

I was devasted I crawled back to the bed and cried until my strength was gone. My tears had dried at that moment but the pain in my heart was so gigantic. I even wished I could shed more tears because they gave me some kind of relief..

A few days later, I was discharged and was taken home. I hardly spoke, only when dad asked something and it was mostly one word answers.

Upon entering the house I walked to Ackim's room, he's bed was neatly done. The blue bed covers looking so clean and neat like he had not used them before.

I sat on his bed and remembered the days I saw him in his room.

One day I had walked in while he was just from taking his bath. He sat on the edge of the bed with a towel wrapped around his waist. I walked in without knocking..

"Hey !" He called out when he saw me turning to leave after I realised my mistake of not knocking.

"Am sorry I didnt know you are not dressed" I told him.

He had smiled showing his bare muscline chest move up and relax. I swallowed hard, just the sight of him like that made me want to jump on him.

"Oh my God how do I forget him?" I shed some tears

"it's so hard." I slowly walked to his closet looked at a small photo he had put on top of a file. He was smiling wearing his Zambian army combat. He was a slightly younger but as handsome as I saw him last.

I held the photo to my chest.

"I miss you my body guard, please come back home please." I sniffed as i broke down again.

Walking out, i took my dad's car keys before dad could notice and drove out. Straight away I went to the site of the accident.

My stomac felt empty at the site of the burnt car. One couldn't even recognise the range rover, it was all ashes and the remains were only a frame which too was black and covered in ashes.

I sat down besides the road and mourned my lovely Ackim for hours. I couldn't even say good bye.

"I am not ready to let you go yet my love" I whispered as I touched the ashes..

"am still waiting, just in case you decide to come back to me..."

I later decided to drive back to the city. I couldn't get myself to go home yet so I thought of driving around.

At some drinking place I saw a group of guys and one of them looked familiar. Slowly, I drove by observing them it was him, the guy who had kidnapped me

'Kakoma'

I looked at him for another minute, being sure it was trully him. Remembering what Ackim had explained about him, I knew for sure he had something to do with what happened..

I increased the speed as I passed the place. Driving back home, ireached home in minutes, walked inside like a mad woman and went straight to get a gun from my dad's office.

I saw him in his study and tip toed outside, the gun hidden in my hand bag.

"It is time to stand and fight back Paula" I whispered to myself as I placed the key in the ignition.

"For Ackim and for all this pain, I will fight back!.."

To be continued

Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Treasure17(m): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
So sad. Paula's should be extremely careful.

Well done prince.
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by izaray(f): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
Take things easy girl
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Meedon: 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
Chai so painful
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Emex100(m): 9:50pm On Jul 27, 2019
brilliant
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by skubido(m): 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
Paula abeg chillaz oooo

Tanks for the update
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 11:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
The Bodyguard - Episode 19

By Tisa Phiri

I looked around me, some machines connected to me. I felt my whole body numb as I tried to move.

" what's happening to me?" my inner voice asked.

I was still struggling when I head a feminine voice.

"stay stiil sir" she calmly whispered. I turned to look at her..

"who are you and where am I?" I asked still wondering what was going on.

"Am Doctor Mwamba, you are in a hospital" she answered with a smile.

"glad to have you back Mr.." she added..

"you have been out for a while."

"What do you mean I have been out?" I questions further.

She sighed moving close to where I was

"well Sir , someone brought you in 2 months ago. You were barely alive, your body had burns and wounds. You were involved in a road accident a few meters away from Chingola town. I have been working on you ever since" she explained

"no one ever came to claim you nor visit you, we have no idea who you are or any your family members."

Her statement clicked, I didn't know who I was either. I infact didn't even rememeber the accident she was talking about.

"Sir" she called me out when I was

still wondering.

" can you tell me your name?" she asked.

"What?" I responded looking sharply at her. I tried to think but nothing, the only thing I could remember was the things I saw some minutes before I started talking to her.

"I don't know Doctor" I told her honestly.

" it's okey " she comforted.

" try to remember anything about yourself then." she said holding a file in her hand..

I looked up the ceiling trying so had to remember but it was blank. it was like I never existed before.

"am sorry Doctor, I don't remeber a thing my memory is blank." I told her after my effort to retrieve a thing from my memory failed.

She sighed..

"it's okey. don't push it. it's normal for people with cases like yours. God willing you will recover your memory soon. Meantime, let's get you checked and see how much damage the accident has caused to your brain and body"

After a series of tests I was told I had amnesia, that it was quite serious and would probably take time to recover my memory. I felt defeated, I felt like I had an obligation to someone, my inner self told me I had to protect and defend someone who's life was in danger but I couldn't remember who it was or where that person was.

2 weeks later... I felt better, with the strong medications to rub on my skin burns I got my skin smooth again and Doctor Mwaba offered me a place at her home. she told me her husband agreed they would help me. I had no option at the time so I agreed.

We drove to her home on 7 th street nchanga area. The family was so welcoming. Dr Mwaba had two kids, a 15 year old son and a girl aged 13. Her husband, a dark skinned short man spoke calmly and welcomed me to their home.

"We heard what happened to you and we are really sorry, just stay calm and feel free here. am sure you will be okey soon and will get back to your family.. " he assured me.

"Thank you" i told him honestly.

I was led to the dinning table at dinner that evening. My heart felt at peace but the strange feeling of wanting to know who i was was still so strong.

I was stattled as Dr Mwaba's daughter Maya called me..

"hey uncle! So what do I call you since you don't know your name ?" she asked as we all laughed..

"Well, what do you think?" I asked her smiling.

"Mmm let's see" she said closing her eyes.

"I think I will call you uncle Will!" she shouted..

I let a laugh,

"why Will?" I asked her.

"Well, because I love Will Smith and you have a body like his" she shrugged as we all laughed loudly

"Will, it is Maya" I told her and she smiled proudly.

A week passed and I still couldn't remember a thing. I had slept one day and I dreamed of being in some kind of jungle running dressed in a camouflaged combat. I told Dr Mwaba and she explained that maybe I was in some kind of army before. she insisted I took it slow..

"maybe the dreams will lead us some where." Whe affirmed.

She handed me a small paper.

" We found this in your damaged trousers the time someone brought you to the hospital I don't know if it can help."

I unfolded the paper with hope. An address was written down for some plot within chingola.

"I have no idea what this address is or who stays there" I told her shaking my head.

"But I can go their this afternoon if you can help me find the place."

"That's a good idea" she agreed with me.

"my son will show you the area, let's just hope something comes up from that" she added as she left the room I was given..

I changed into some black sneakers, a grey t-shirt and a black cargo pant. I looked at myself and remembered Maya teasing me that i looked like Will Smith and they all had been using the name. I had watched a few movies with her and I liked the action of the guy. I was even getting used to call myself Will too.

I smiled and wished I really knew who I trully was. I looked at the small pieace of paper again and left to join Mwamba, Dr Mwaba's son outside.

"let's go uncle, I will drive" he shouted the moment I stepped out.

"am coming too!" the smiling Maya called from behind joining us.

"I want to help you too" she looked at me when the brother told her to stay back.

"It's okay angel, Let's go." I shrugged casually. Mwamba frowned furious

"come on guys lets just go already" I told them as i sat in the passenger seat.

To be continued

1 Like

Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Meedon: 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2019
Wow
Thank God he survived
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Treasure17(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
Glad you made it and safe.

Thanks for the update.
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by izaray(f): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2019
I'm so happy for you Ackim
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2019
The Bodyguard - Episode 20

By Tisa Phiri

Ackim...

We were driving for some minutes around the area called River side, they were a lot of newly built houses and flats.

"Guys stay here, I will walk around from here" I told Mwamba and Maya. I had noted the address in my head so I checked the plot numbers as I walked between some houses.

My heart raced as I saw the house I was looking for, it was a three by three flat, well built and In a wall fence. I looked around trying to asmilate if at all i had been to that place..

"could it be my home?" I thought to myself as I waited for a slim lady who I found washing some clothes outside. I had asked her about anyone I could talk to and she told me she was new and asked me to wait as she went to call the land owner.

An elderly woman came out of the first flat. Greeting her , I introduced myself as Will. The look on her face told me she had no idea who i was.

"Sorry to disturb you mam, I was looking for someone from this place I told her, not sure who but I had this address in my clothes. I lost my memory a couple of months ago. I was hoping someone here knew who I am" I explained..

"Oh sorry my son" she said calmly.

"I have no idea who you are but maybe my son does " she added.. "he's the owner of these flats but he's out for a few days, try coming by in two days time he should be back. otherwise, the tenants here are all new. like less than two months it can't be that you are known here" she explained.

She gave me her line that I could

call in case of anything. I thanked her for being helpful and walked out to join Mwamba and the sister.

A week later... I decided to visit the house again. I went after 18 and as I walked in the gate I saw a man almost my age but an inch shorter. He looked at me and to my surprise started running out. I walked quickly towards him but he increased speed as he got out of the gate.

Something told me to follow him, it seemed I had found somebody who knew who I was. He ran faster past the other houses and I chased him of course not to scare him but to try find out why he ran. something wasn't in place I thought as I ran towards him.

I was faster than him so he panicked and I saw him make a turn to an unfinished building. I pretended I didn't see him and let him enter to hide.

Slowly I hid behind the block as I waited patiently for him to come out. 5 minutes passed and I saw him peep in both directions. I quickly stepped out and grabbed him by the shirt, he tried to escape but I held him tight, pulled him back in the building and to my surprise I felt rage he was trying to escape.

some inner instict warned me something was up with him.

He shivered as I sat him down pushing him in the corner, eyed at me sternly..

"so you are still alive you bastard !" he cursed.

" leave me alone already I have nothing to do with you."

"Well Mr man, it seems you know more than you are actually telling me" I sighed looking at him. He almost stood to ran and with lots of force I pushed him hard back to the wall making him moan with pain as he held the spot his head hit to the wall.

"Start talking or I will hurt you right now." He bow down his head in silence and I squat before him , held his head up with my hand making him face me. For some reason the guy was scared of me, which gave me more reason to want to probe him further and get some information out of him..

"Speak now you idiot!" I snapped.

I felt like I had done that before, but couldn't remember where or who I was interrogating.

"You are just a good for nothing bodyguard who is after that spoiled step sister of mine!" he shouted..

"Sister?" I asked shocked.

He raised his eyes in surprise. It was like he was surprised I showed ignorance of the sister he had mentioned.

"Look man" he added..

" I don't know how you figured it out but like I told you last time this is none of your business. Just leave me alone already. I told you I was having funny in Solwezi last time and that's it. I didn't have anything to do with the person you were looking for." He mumbled.

His diversion of the story confused me even more but before I could ask further he grabed the opportunity and ran past me. I tried to go after him but a car stopped in front of him, some other guys called his name.

"Hurry George jump in!"

The guy jumped into the car and as I got closer, it started off leaving dust in my face. I kicked the ground in rage. I felt so pissed I hit my palm with the other hand.

By the time I got back to the car I borrowed from where I was being kept, they were long gone.

As I drove back home I felt a strong head ach. I packed besides the road as the sharp pain ran through my head. I closed my eyes and held my head as flash images of me killing and burning some houses came to my mind. The flashes repeated ending with a flash of me being chased in the bush.

I stayed in that spot for half an hour and after feeling better I drove back to my now new home.

"Am afraid Dr" I told the doctor Mwamba.

" The way I felt around that man was something else and the flashes in my memory. Maybe am not a good person in real life, maybe am dangerous and a killer" I told her honestly.

she wrote down something as I explained it.

"Well, It could be that those are some flashes from your memory but can just be some imaginations as a result of your inner fears we cannot be sure of one thing" she told me..

"Not to worry though am here to help you through all this" she comforted..

"How I wish that guy said something more to give us a hint about you." She drowned sadly.

"Yeah" I agreed sitting up the chair I was sitting on

" he knows who I am and I could tell he hates me. He said something about his step sister, then he mentioned Solwezi but am confused. I can't connect the dots. I feel powerless right now, it's like I fall from no where my memory is so blank."

"It's ok Will, let's take one day at a time. remmber you can't allow yourself to stress your brain, try to stay calm, besides, I don't think you are a bad person Will" she added..

"maybe you just went through a rough patch in life but you are not a bad person."

I smiled as she walked out.

"Thank you, you and your family are trully good to me and I appreciate it. I don't know how I will ever repay you for your kindness."

Before she left I stopped her

" sorry Dr, but do you know anything about the person who brought me to the hospital?" I asked her..

"not really but tomorrow i can get you their details from the hospital records."

"I would appreciate mam, maybe he can tell me more about the accident. I would want to know if someone else was with me that time and if they survived the accident and maybe what really happened"

"Sure" she nodded leaving....

Maya came with a home work

book for maths the following day "help me solve these questions Uncle Will" she said handing me the book. To my own surprise I looked at the questions and knew exactly what to do. I ran her through and explained some equations. her mother watched from the other room and she came close.

"Wow, it seems you are good with numbers'" she commended.

" I gues so'" I smiled back..

Later that evening the family had left to go for some family dinner. I decided to remain home instead.

They had been gone for hours it was almost 23 hours. Then I heard some foot steps outside. I peeped through the window and saw two guys holding guns, they were slowly walking to the back door.

Quitely I bend down to the ground and crawled in their direction. using the kitchen window which didn't have burglar bars I climbed out. I saw the guy break loose the back door and then entered the house.

"What the hell!" I screamed inside my head.

"I have to act first they are probably thieves" I thought to myself..

I watched the first guy go in and before the second one followed him I ran to him and knocked him off with my hands by twisting his neck, he fall back down and as the other guy turned to my direction i pulled the gun from the hands of the one I had put out, shooting it right through his head. He fall down dead instantly.

Just then the Family drove in and they all came running to the house after the gun shot.

Maya screamed as she saw the dead body on the floor. I was not even shaken, it was like i was an expert on killing and a gun didnt scare me, I knew how to hold and aim perfectly.

They called the police after I explained what happened.

I was taken to the cells that same night. Doctor's husband explained that it was standard procedure since I just killed someone. They all assured me that all will be well.

Maya and Mwamba waved at me as i was driven to the police. The girl was still crying and I felt sad. I had come to love the kids so much they made me feel like I was really their uncle.

To be continued

1 Like

Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by izaray(f): 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2019
aunty izaray you no gree oh dis one is mtn
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Meedon: 10:02pm On Jul 31, 2019
The story sweet!!!
There is God
Kontinue
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by skubido(m): 9:24am On Aug 01, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Treasure17(m): 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2019
The Bodyguard - Episode 21

By Tisa Phiri

.... Paula...

I looked outside the side window as I drove the car. I had to take on the journey and confront my so-called Brother. It had been months since I last discovered he existed.

My father insisted he would take it up and make sure George, the name he told me this brother was called was stopped. He tried following him up but he was no where to be seen.

I knew my father had somehow a soft spot for him, his intentions were not to really put him in prison. I noticed all he talked about was reprimanding him.

"Dad" I scolded him as he told me that.

"you mean that your son should live freely after what he has done? " I asked furious that he wasn't taking the issue as serious as he should.

"I know Paula" he responded..

" but understand he's my son and the mother will be all alone. She depends on him, besides we are not really sure it was him who planned all this cause he denied it when i asked him."

"Well dad, I see you have grown so fond of this your son and is willing to forgive him, for your own information I believe it was him and I don't care if he is my half brother or not. He's a criminal and will pay for killing the man I loved and making my life a living hell. so I will personally gather evidence and put him in prison!" I shouted leaving his study room before he could utter another word.

I had taken time to organise myself. I needed to be prepared for the worst. So here i am heading to chingola. I had become less scared since Ackim died. I made avenging his death my mission. I still missed him so much and for some reason didn't want to accept he was dead. Everytime a man approached me I remembered his words.

"no man will ever make you feel the way I make you"

He was right, it was like he had put a curse on me and all I did was think of him. Just thoughts of him as I continued driving made me shed tears.

I wiped the tears as I approach the road block at the police check point. I was almost in Chingola.

"Good morning officer?" I greeted the policeman at the check point.

"Morning lady" he smiled at me. "going far ?" he asked leaning on my window..

"not really" I responded irritated he was trying to flirt with me.

"Am seeing a relative in Chingola" I added with a fake smile. He indicated for me to go on.

My heart pumped fast as I drove to river side an address I was given. I was told George and his mother lived there. I didn't know what to expect or how to start explaining myself. I pushed back the urge to drive back.

"I can't be afraid now" I whispered to myself.

" it's now or never." I assured myself as I walked looking for the address.

A boy of about 12 showed me the place I was looking for and I thanked him as I turned to the direction he was pointing at.

A short woman wearing a floral blouse and a black long skirt walked out of the flat at the end. I looked around the place, a three by three well built flat.

Indeed George was ungrateful I thought to myself. My father had built a good investment for him plus other monies given to him but he still wanted everything to himself. I felt a bit of jealousy.

I had been working for my father for over 8 years, but he had never given me a piece of land even though i knew I would inherit some of his wealthy, sometimes I wished I had lived my own life and did my own things especially designing which I loved so much.

I was brought back to my senses when The woman before me extended her hand to greet me.

"come on in." she said with a smile ..

"Thank you mam" I said following her to the house. I made sure I dressed casually. A pair of jeans and a sleevelesss blouse which slightly showed off the black bra I was wearing inside and some cream white pumps.

I sat down on the couch taking in the brown furninture in the room matched with some white and brown curtains hanging on some side windows.

" am sorry mam I have not introduced myself, am Paula." I couldn't get to finish my introduction when she chirped in.

"I know who you are my dear" she nodded

"you are Benson's daughter" she added.

"I have seen you before though not in person. Benson told us about you and have watched some of your presentations on the media for the mine."

"Well then" I sighed not knowing whether to be glad or worried they knew so much about me.

"I came to see your son. I have something important to discuss with him" I added calmly.

"What about?" she asked almost sounding upset..

"you and your father have everything and you have always had what you always wanted but my poor George has lived in poverty. it's not fair that he gets peanuts from him while you enjoy all his money." She bursts out angrily.

I looked at her shocked. I had no idea the woman before me held such bitterness. It was more like she was waiting for me to show up and then pour her heart out.

"Yes," she continued as I listened in quitely .

"He's the first born he was supposed to be working in those positions you a woman is working and not you. look at you" she added raising her hand to point at my body..

"You look like a model from the magazine and driving expensive cars, but my son has to continue working like a slave. He thinks these flats will give him a life he deserves?.."

I couldn't take her words anymore, she was getting to my nerves..

"Look here mam" I spoke up sternly.

" I didn't come here for your sermons. I dont know what your issues with dad are and I don't really care. I just learnt he had a son and honestly that's none of my business."

"Yes!" She stood up screaming like we were quarreling.

"it's your business and I will not rest until my son gets what he wants!"

I could not get myself to answer her back when George walked in.

" wow wow! Guess who decided to grace us with her presence" he shouted clapping his hands scarstically.

"the might Paula! I gues your resurrected boyfriend told you about me huh?" he teased.

I stood straight facing him my temper rising

" you son of the devil! i screamed ignoring his mother. You killed Ackim and you dare make funny of me? you will pay for this you fool!" I scolded him angrly.

He laughed out making me feel like nothing.

"Don't pretend with me You brat, your stupid bodygaurd dared to show his face here a week ago and you think I will buy the story of him being dead? Did he send you here huh? Did he?" He murmered close to my face..

I sat back down my strenght drained.

"what? You mean, he... he came here?" I asked almost in a whisper.

To be continued

Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 03, 2019
thanks 4 d update
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2019
The Bodyguard - Episode 22

By Tisa Phiri

....Paula....

After some minutes of silence I looked at George and his mother they wore this look that gave me goose bumps.

George let a small smile

"well can you now tell me why you wanted to see?" he said his voice at high pitch making me startle a bit as I realised I had been dumbfounded for a while. Thinking of the posibilty of Ackim being alive really shocked me. I didn't know weather to believe George's statement or not.

It didn't make sense for me.

"how possible is it that the man who claimed to love me was alive and still let me believe he was dead." I thought to myself,

Without answering him I stood up. but before I could walk out George's Mother quickly stood up.

"where do you think you are going ?" She asked challengingly..

"Excuse me, I need to go" I said calmly holding my phone I walked out without another word. I could feel my temper rising and I wasn't ready to face them yet all I could think of was Ackim.

George rushed past me and as I opened the car door he stood before me and held his hand on the door.

"Hey you brat , let me warn you, am not going to rest until I get what belongs to me" he snapped in my face

"am older than you and deserve better you and me were born from the same father I too deserve more than the change he has been giving me."

"Look here you jerk" l told him feeling irritated.

" that wealthy you think you deserve isn't yours. I have worked hard to get my father's investments this far and my mother left me a lot of money that is included in the businesses so you might as well forget it."

He let a weaked smile,

" we will see" he said daring me.

"stop blocking my way George and if anything happens to me, i can promise you the law will catch up with you. I know about all your schemes, stay away from me.!" I shouted pushing him away.

I drove out furious, I knew that was bound to happen but what disturbed me the most was the news of Ackim.

"How could he do this to me ? " I thought..

"he's alive and couldn't even make an effort to come to me." I couldn't understand why would he even forget me in such a short period.

Tears formed in my eyes as I drove. i had mourned him and now I have to live knowing he abandoned me.

I was lost in thoughts as I drove to join the main road without noticing a truck coming from the opposite direction.

" pooooh ! Poooooooh !" I heard the truck hooting. With a start I pressed the emergency brakes and my car stopped with tires screeching the truck missed my car with an inch as it swayed slightly.

I looked around in shock as people watched, others holding their heads..

I was so puzzled that I didn't hear the driver of the truck shouting.

Opening the car door I stepped out..

"Hey lady you want to kill us this afternoon? can't you watch were you are going!" he screamed.

"Am sorry " I apologised...

I stood for another minute composing myself my heart was pumping so fast and I felt like it would come out of my chest.

Driving slowly, I parked at some hotel in Chingola town. I couldn't get myself to drive to Solwezi. I called my father to let him know i wasn't going back.

" am seeing a friend" I told him when he called to ask why I wasn't going back.

I booked in a room later. Sitting on the bed, i cried aloud holding the pillow in my face to avoid being heard outside.

"Why won't you see me Ackim?" I cried..

Later on I calm down...

"maybe he wants to fight and protect me behind my back I thought." The thought comforted me and I felt relaxed, though it didn't make much sense I still hoped he didn't just abandon me.

In the evening I walked around the small town and got myself some clothings from some boutique. I needed some clothes to change into the following day.

Crossing over to some restaurant I sat and ate quitely as I browsed through some sites on my phone.

"Excuse me" I heard a voice call to me..

"hey !" I smilled at a girl standing next to me.

"You are so beautiful " she told me with her lovely puppy eyes..

" I want you to be my uncle's girlfriend" she said smilling widely.

"Well thank you sweety" I answered.

"what's your name ? " i asked looking at her..

"Maya" she said with a grinn.

"well how do you know your uncle will like me ? " I asked..

I heard her mother call her before she could answer..

"come on Maya come eat your food and stop troubling that poor lady" she told her.

I looked at their direction it was a family of 4, including Maya .

"It's okey mam" I told the woman.. "she's a cheerful girl l like her." Maya smiled at her mother.

"I know he will like you" she answered my question.

"he's very handsome too" she added looking straight at me.

"Okay let's do this sweety, when we meet again then l will definately become your aunty ." I laughed softly making her smile widely..

"we will meet again you will see she " shrugged with so much enthusiasm and walked back to her table.

I glanced at them and couldn't help admire the small family. It reminded me of my mother.

Thoughts of her almost made me shed tears. she was always there for me she put us all together and I knew if she was alive she could have made me feel at ease on the situations I was going through.

Over the years I had dedicated my life to help dad. He had requested me to help him when mom died. we both were still mourning and I couldn't turn down his request. I felt he needed me close so I put aside my designing shop, hiring someone to help me run it.

Now that years had gone by l was now thinking of starting my life all over again. I felt like I had to live for myself too. I made a mental note to persue my dream and probably go back to Australia when all the drama was over and run my designing business.

I had obtained a first degree in management so I had enough knowledge to help run the business for my father. From the time we came to Zambia i had put my life on hold.

I felt bad a person like George would just think of wasting the things that he had never worked for. To him i was this spoiled girl who was just enjoying my father's wealthy.

The following day, I drove back home. I went straight to the office. I had to get myself busy.

I was flipping through the files, when dad walked in.

"Paula, why didn't you tell me you were going to face George..?" He asked standing in front of my table.

"Well dad, someone needs to do something unlike you am not going to let that fool get away with the crimes he's commited" I told him straight up.

"Am more worried about you my daughter" he sighed sitting in the chair..

"No dad you have a soft spot for him and i will not let him kill us both while I fold my hands. remember he killed Ackim" I added..

Dad shook his head.

"Am sorry to tell you this but I had followed the police reports, there is a chance Ackim is alive "

"What ?" I answered suprised.

Him confirming the news about Ackim puzzled me. I had not told him what George told me.

"Yes my dear," he continued

"The reports show that there were no human remains in the car, but again there's a possibility he died some place away from the accident scene. No wonder the people who picked you to the hospital didn't find him."

"Oh dad ..why didn't you ever tell me? I mourned a man who is still alive."

"I didn't want to give you false hope my Paula. I saw the way you suffered, besides I don't understand why he hasn't come back after all this time. Maybe he is not alive after all" he told me calmly.

"He's alive dad" I whispered.

"He has to be and he's somewhere out there"

"Take it easy my Dear. let's just be patient and see how it goes, otherwise I don't want you confronting your brother. If he's the one behind all this you will end up putting yourself in danger." My father stated worried.

"Don't worry dad, I can take care of myself." I smiled at him before he could walk out.

I stood by the window as dad went out, looked outside and watched some mine vehicle move things from one point to another..

"Be alive my bodyguard" I whispered amid the noise coming from outside.

"Please come back to me."

...Ackim.......

I was released from the police custody the following day with the help of Dr Mwaba' s husband.

The fact that the police found the guy I shoot dead and the one that they captured alive both belonged to some gang they had been Hunting for years. All charges where dropped as the case was considered self defence.

I didn't have an identification but thankfully the police in charge was a Friend to James, Dr Mwaba's husband. He let me go after I explained the situation of my memory.

I was taken back home and the family wellcomed me with joy.

"I missed you uncle Will" Maya hugged me.

"gues what? " She told me as she led me to the dinning table.

"Tell me dear am all ears" I smiled. The girl just had a way of making things seem easy. She made everyone smile and had that sense of serenity. The fact that I was always tolerant with her and paid attention to her talks, made her like me very much.

"Tell me Maya" I reminded her as we sat to eat. Dr Mwaba and Mwamba started laughing. I saw James shake his head too.

"What is it guys ? " I asked surprised because everyone was smilling.

"Well Maya, tell him" Mwamba spoke up.

"Excuse me people give me a chance" she chuckled.

"ahaa ! now uncle let me explain,

Remember the other day we went for dinner ?" she started ,

"yeah clearly" I told her..

"how can I forget am just coming from the cells for killing a thief" I answered her..

"Sure..anyway that aside" she smiled.

" l have good news for you, we found this beautiful coloured woman at the restaurant , she's gorgeous."

"Mmmmmmh" I murmured with food in my mouth not really intrested in her story but I had to pretend I was listening.

"I asked her to be your girfriend uncle Will" she added

I was startled..

"what ?" I almost chocking with the food. I had not thought of that and I didn't see it coming. since I came out of the hospital all l could think of was recovering my memory. I didn't even know if I was married or had any relationship with a woman in my past.

Maya went on to praise my supposedly new found girlfriend.

"Promise you will like her uncle." she said with pleading eyes.

"at least meet her and tell me if am lying " she added while everyone broke down laughing.

"You are in for trouble my dear Will." James told me as he poured some water in a glass cup.

I nodded my head.

"true l'm" I responded.

"So now does this beautiful woman know me ?" I asked her jokingly.

"Leave that to me, all you guys need is to meet each other" she said cheerfully.

"I know you will like each other."

"Well then," I told her.

" let's see this wonder woman, maybe you can be the knife girl at our wedding" I teased as we all giggled happily.

To be continued
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 3:18pm On Aug 05, 2019
The Bodyguard - Episode 23

By Tisa Phiri

Paula....

A week later I drove back home from work. I was over working myself trying so hard to stay sane. I had been trying to contact people and some connections I thought Ackim could have had. I even paid off Kakoma to tell me anything he knew about Ackim but according to him, he had believed Ackim was dead. He even mentioned that if he were alive he would have at least appeared to make him suffer for what he did.

I didn't want to tell him that Ackim went to George's place, so I silently walked away.

"Good evening mam and welcome come back" the house worker greeted me as I walked to the house from the garage.

"Thank you"

" is dad back?" I asked as she took my laptop and hand bag from my hands.

"No mam not yet" she reaponded

"but there's a man in the house who came to see you and have been waiting for over 20 minutes now, he insisted he had to see you."

"Oh I see" i nodded..

"where is he now? "

"In the living room" she responded .

" let me see Him then, just put those in my bedroom and please prepare Me something to eat am so hungry" I instructed.

I walked to the living room and before me was a tall guy with funny small eyes. He looked like a giant Chinese man his mouth turned into a wide smile making it shape like an egg.

"Good evening" I greeted brushing off the thoughts of analysing him.

"Evening mam" he greeted back his voice taking me by surprise. it was deeper than his slim body. One would think someone else spoke behind him.

I sat across on the couch a small coffee table separating us . He had been served water and the glass cup was half empty.

I cleared my throat..

"yes sir " I managed to say..

"how may I be of help?"

"Yeah I came to speak to you, am Chab. Ackim hired me months ago to find his family. I have been trying to contact him but all his lines won't go through. so i remebered he had given me your address and names to come to you in case of anything." he explained..

"so am here to find out if you know where he might be cause I have some news on his family."

"Oh I see" i sighed after listening silently..

"unfortunately I also don't know where he is sir. I have been looking for him, we were involved in some accident and i survived. we are unable to find him since then. Not even so sure whether he's dead or alive" I told him..

He shook his head.. oh sad indeed.. no wonder he hasn't contacted me he added sitting up .

"If Ackim told you to come to me it means he trusts me, you can tell me What you found out. God willing he comes back, i will be able to pass on the message."

"Yeah sure" he smiled handing me a file.

"there are pictures of some people I found at what I think is the family. I located them near Kapiri MPoshi. no wonder looking for them in Ndola didn't yield any results. They moved to some farm in the area a few kilometres to Kapiri all the details of the location are there" he pointed at the file in my hands.

I asked him a few more questions and he explained. he even told me Ackim was yet to pay him a balance of what he charged him. I right away wrote a cheque and gave it to him, thanking him I saw him to the door and he left.

Later in the night i placed the file contents on my bed looking at Photos of a woman who resembled Ackim and another girl of about 16. I wondered if that was all the people at that farm.

A thought crossed my mind. I started thinking that maybe Ackim had found his family and that is were he went. I planned that very night to travel to Kapiri the folowing day.

I didn't know whether I was chasing after the wind like Dad said the time I went to tell him what I was up to or not. I just felt the strong urge to go and seek and find answers I wasn't willing to let go of him yet.

Being a weekend I woke up early and prepared myself..I knew I would get tired driving all the way but the idea of getting a driver wasn't an option. I had to do it alone.

Some hours later, I turned off the main road to a gravel road. I was being guided by the map drawn on some paper. It was a bit dusty. I drove for another 15 minutes when the house from the map appeared in front of me.

it was quite different from the others around that area, built out of burnt bricks,looked like it had 6 or so rooms. The wide area behind showed that the family there cultivated maize. some dry trunks of maize stems were cut down.

I placed my head on the seat top as my heart started pounding fast. I was so nervous. I pushed back my hair and tied it into a rough knot and got out to go to the door.

A tall slim girl I saw on the photos came out and greeted me. I felt glad she could use English. Since I came to Zambia I had never bothered to learn any local language, the only thing I could say fluently was a greeting and I learnt it from Ackim. Anything else was hard to pronounce. I greeted her back and explained my mission.

"Am Paula coming from Solwezi, am a Friend of Ackim and I came to see his family." I told her..

She looked at me and I saw her face frown. she asked me to go in..

"wait here" she indicated pointing at a sofa.

"Let me call my mother."

She come back later with a woman. I presumed Ackim's mother. He looked a lot like her only that she was lighter in complexion and her face was wider.

She looked pale and I could tell she wasn't ok.

I stood to greet her and she responded weakly.

" who are you my child" she asked gently her calmness reminding me of Ackim. she had this tendernes in her voice that would calm you down just like her son's.

I went on explaining myself again and told her I was looking for Ackim.

She was silent for some minutes and started sobbing.

" am sorry my dear, just that it's been over 6 years since I last saw my son and i was meant to believe he's dead . Unfortunately his father also died 7 Months ago. It's so painful and has not been easy for us.

I felt a grip on my throat..

"am so sorry mom, I didn't mean to cause you any more pain, but there is a chance that Ackim is still alive.."

I saw her look up at me expectantly.

I went on explaining about how he was held captive in Congo and all the details that followed later on. I explained the accident too.

"Am almost certain he's alive somewhere and I promise to find him" i told her,

"he's a good person and I know your son would do the same for me."

She smiled,

"you are heaven sent my child. I can see it in your eyes you care so much about my son. I know among my children he was the one with a gentle spirit but the strenght of a soldier too. I miss him and my heart somehow gives me hope of seeing my son again" she said with tears in her eyes.

We talked for more than an hour and she told me about Ackim's child hood and his other siblings, the girl who welcomed me was Ackim's sister, the last born.The others went on to live in various areas.

Her illness was as a result of her kidney condition. Unfortunately she told me she had not been able to find enough money for the proper treatment since her husband died.I promised her to go back and see how I could help.

I left the farm when it as almost evening. I honestly felt relieved it was like i saw Ackim in some way. . "I have to help his mother" I thought to myself as I drove to Nsobe camp. I didn't want to drive in the night so i Decided to lodge there.

I loved the sereninity of the camp. It had this natural envirnment that made one connect with their inner self and was so relaxing.

The cool air touch my skin as i stood near the dams in front of the chalet I booked, the place was quite even though they were a few families around.

I wore a bum short and some flat slippers, a loose body top and felt so relaxed wishing Ackim would just walk from behind me that minute.

As the soft wind blew off my hair covering part of my face, I pushed it back to the side and sat in the bench. That night i planned on starting to look for him in Chingola. I gathered he might be around there since he wasnt in Solwezi and George claimed to have seen him there. I was certain the news of his family would make him so happy.

To be continued

1 Like

Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2019
The Bodyguard - Episode 24

By Tisa Phiri

...Ackim..

"Uncle Will.!" Maya called me as I worked in the garden. I was always working around the house, sitting idle was making me feel bored. I always wanted my mind kept busy. James , Dr Mwaba's hubby told me he would help me get a job in the mine. He was in management so he said it won't be so much of a problem. He even suggested I got some new identification documents to help me start over.

I was still feeling lost but lately I had dreams of being in some kind of military. Dr Mwaba even thought it could be true since the dreams and visions persisted.

"Am here Maya!" I responded when she called for the third time. she came running..

"hey what's up? " I asked her wiping the sweat on my forehead.

She came close and whispered.. "Uncle Will, that neighbour is here again .."

I let a laugh there was a girl from the neighbour who always came over to chat with me. For some reason Maya never liked her. she said she wasn't a good person and that I was to be with the lady she met in town.

"I hate Jane Uncle please chase her " she whispered.

"she's in the front yard looking for you.."

I giggled as I washed my hands.

"come on Maya she's not that bad" l told her holding her as we went to the house.

" besides she's just a friend" i added.

" I didnt say am going to be her boyfriend.."

"Good then" she shrugged holding me,

"otherwise, I want when I meet that coloured girl you should be free to be with her."

I smilled and patted her back, her insistance on pairing me with a stranger was so overwhelming .

I even wondered why she felt so obliged to her bet. she couldn't even say the name of the lady.

All she said when I asked her was.. "well, I will ask her the next time i meet her and I will I can promise you just be patient " she assured me confidently.

"Hey Jane" I called out as i walked to our neighbour. I was surprised she was all dressed up that morning..

"Hey Will" she smiled widely..

" how are you ?"

"Great, was just working in the garden.."

"Well then, i came to pick you up, remember i asked you to escort me to get some things in town today."

"Oh sorry, I forgot" I apologised and I saw Maya peep from the window from the corner of my eye. she made a face at me and I knew she wanted me to refuse.

"Well, prepare yourself then" Jane responded

" will come pick you up later."

I felt bad to get back on my promise so I reluctantly agreed.

Some minutes later I took a bath and changed into my usual dress code, a pair of jeans and a stripped v neck t shirt. Said bye to Maya who frowned with a sad face.

"Am going with you, since today is a weekend" she added grabbing her small bag..

"I can't remain alone with the maid Uncle" she pleaded.

" dad and mom are working and Mwamba is away for some school projects."

I smiled at her, It was hard to say no to her silly face. I asked Jane if it was okay for Maya to tag along and she agreed though Maya whispered in my ears that Jane was pissed..

I let a small laugh and ignored her as we walked to town. It was a few metres from home.

We went round in circles of the small town centre. Jane got all the things she wanted as I patiently beared the burden. shoping with women was really a hard thing to do.

Jane was a teacher at some secondary school, she had recently graduated from the university of Zambia and told me she was teaching at Chingola secondary. she was fairly looking and in all honesty I wasn't looking past our mare friendship. she was easy to talk to and I liked her cheerful personality. besides, she was the only friend I knew in the neighbourhood or maybe I just say everywhere else since i couldnt remember anything about my past life.

I sat down in some internet cafe as the two girls Jane and Maya went to the next shop trying on some clothes.

I sighed in relief as I remained behind after protesting going into the boutique with them.

I watched some people browse on the internet as i chatted with the guy who worked there. He was explaining about the system and their operations as i listened in attentively like i wanted to learn something, it was better than shopping with the girls.

Just then a beautiful coloured girl casually dressed in a flayerd skirt and a sleeveless green top that matched her fine skin walked in. she had this vibe that made me wince, but I stayed calm.

She talked to the guy at the counter and I watched her walk to a computer. she connected her phone to the PC and carried on working as i watched in silence.

After some minutes she stood straight and paid some money and turned to leave, my heart skipped but I didn't have the gut to stand and talk to her. she seemed to be in a hurry.

I followed her like a stalker and watched as she went down to the road across the shops.

My inner voice told me to follow her as she walked behind the small path behind the shoprite warehouse at back door. The area had some trucks packed and a few people walked past the route which went down to the other side of the town.

I saw a shoddy looking guy walk past me and straight away headed towards her. I watched, he held her from behind as she tried to scream he put his hand on her mouth as she struggled to get free.

"What the hell!" I screamed inside and quickly ran to them closing the gap between us.

I charged forward and hit a blow on the guys head and he fall down letting go of the girl. she staggered and stood back as i tried to go after the guy who had quickly stood and ran fast to the other side..

"Are you ok lady ?" I asked concerned .

I saw her open her mouth in shock.

"Ackim? " She asked looking really shocked and surprised..

"What are you doing here?" She asked me.

"What?" I responded

" Ackim?" I asked her.

"Do you know know who i am?" I asked her as she moved closer.

"Who are you?"

I saw her face frown.

"You are asking who I am, are you serious?" she shouted angrily.

I wanted to respond but Jane walked towards us.

"Will, whats happening here?" She asked me holding my hand like showing me off to the stranger.

I saw the lady I rescued look at our hands and her facial expression turned pale.

"Oh I see!" she exclaimed.

"so this is why you decided to disappear and fake your own death ?" she asked angrily and picked her phone.

I watched in shock as she walked away.

"Wait!" I tried to follow her but she rushed to the grey X5 packed at the end of the path.

"Come on Will " Jane held me pulling me back

"let her go"

I pushed her aside..

"don't you see that lady knows who I am?" I snapped furious..

"now I missed a Chance of learning something about myself because of you."

I ran to the road but it was too late. she drove past the round about and I saw her car disppear on the other side of town.

I felt so disappointed as we went back to th boutique with Jane.

"fake my own death..?" I echoed her words.

"what did she mean?" I asked still lost.

Maya noticed I looked upset but I smiled and assured her i was ok.

Later at home Dr Mwaba told me I was supposed to ask the lady about my life. she also felt the person could be someone close to me and explained that from the way I explained her response she could notice the lady could be my wife or maybe girlfriend.

"No i don't think so. am almost certain that girl is rich and I don't think am someone from such back grounds." I told her with a sigh

"no Doc that coloured girl is definately not my class."

She smiled gently..

"It's posible Will, by the way, did you say she's a coloured ?"

"Yes i agreed..why? "

"Well, could it be the same lady Maya talked to the other week? "

"Mmmm I dont know for sure. Maya didn't see her so am not sure shes the same person. I will ask her later and hear if her description matches the one I saw this afternoon." I told her.

Maya jumped with joy when i asked her about the coloured girl.. "yes yes! She's the one uncle" she said excited.

"tall with a lot of long silk hair.., " "yeah" I nodded..

"And very beautiful" she added.

"That too Maya" i answered casually.

She told me it was her and she sat down next to me on the couch.

"Why didnt you call me to introduce you guys..?" She complained..

"well am sory little one everything happened so fast I didn't get the chance to do that."

I told Maya that the lady seemed to know Me and she was even more excited.

" I knew it!" she shouted..

"you guys are meant for each other, it's destiny !" she exclaimed..

I smilled at her and didn't get the rest of the things she was saying.

My mind wondered back to the scene in town earlier. I wondered who the girl was. Wishing painfully I had a chance to talk for some more minutes. Apparently she was the second person who seemed to know i who I was. my efforts to confront the guy I followed in river side had failed.

Some one from there even told me the George guy worked with some gang members who were dangerous.

I wasn't scared though and I had been spying on his house since i came back from the police cells, hoping he would lead me to the truth about myself.

To be continued

Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by izaray(f): 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2019
Funny Maya, i love this update in particular cheesy

Thanks op
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Treasure17(m): 3:57pm On Aug 05, 2019
Really love Maya's enthusiasm. Jane just ruined a perfect means of identity.

Thanks for the update.
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Twenty47(m): 11:27am On Aug 06, 2019
Wow.. Thanks for the update op
Am loving de story bit by bit fa
Re: The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 7:37pm On Aug 06, 2019
The Bodyguard - Episode 25

By Tisa Phiri

Paula.......

With tears in my eyes i drove away. I felt so much powerless, "how could he?" i thought, as i turned to park along the Dc offices a few meters away from the town center. I had gone to send some files to the office and i decided to use an internet cafe for sending large documents online.

Seeing him was surprising and at the same time exciting, however the moment was short lived when i realised he was with a woman.. "why is he doing this to me?" i cried bending my head on the steering. I could bet he was following me, otherwise there was no way he was going to save me from the guy that attacked me.

Everything wasnt making sense, "why did he pretend he didnt know who i was" i wondered, there was no making sense from the fact that he followed me when he had no idea who i was.

"what is happening my God?" i cried silently now i knew why he stayed away. He was with that woman i thought as i shed more tears.

"you should have just told me Ackim" i whispered to myself, "instead of making me go through all the trouble for you just to push me to the wall."

It was the second day in chingola since i came back from Kapiri. i even arranged to find a Doctor in Ndola for his mother. Though the man i talked to refered me to see someone in chingola after i asked for one near by.

" I need to be going to check on the patient , but i stay in Solwezi" i had told the Doctor, he recommended a Doctor from Nchanga Hosipital and gave me details.

Infact i was on my way to see this Doctor when i met Ackim, the pain of him pretending he didnt know who i was, was so dishearting but the fact that he had to show off with another woman in my face left me broken.

I felt a bit calm and wiped my face, "stay focused Paula" i sighed.

"you have to take it easy."

my phone rang and i lifted it from the seat i had thrown it on. It was Ackim`s mother, i sighed before answering..

"Yes mom!" i answered my voice steady i didnt want to give her the impression i was upset or that something was wrong..

"Hey my dear how are you today? " she greeted in a low voice.

"am okey mom, how are you feeling yourself.?" i asked back, I heard her sigh, her voice was too low i could sense she wasnt feeling alright.

"i feel bad my dear," she said almost in a whisper.

"i wanted to ask if the past days you have anything on my son" she added...

My eyes filled up with tears, thoughts of Ackim and another woman coming clearly to my mind. I sighed as i used the back of my hand to wipe the tears.

"Hello! are you there?" she asked, after some seconds..

"yes am here mom, am sorry. i think i saw him somewhere around but he disppeared before i could get to him" i lied, i didnt want to explain the details but i had to let her know her son was alive.

"Are you sure it was him Paula?" she asked her tone of voice sounding a bit relieved.. am certain mom, i know him.

"i promise to bring him over anytime soon, but for now i want to organise some Doctor here in Chingola for your operation" i told her..

"that is if you would want to come over here. i need to be close so i visit you regularly from Solwezi, you can come with Ackim`s sister for a while. I will see if i can arrange some accommodation here for the time you will be undergoing treatment."

"You are more than what i thought you are my child" she sighed,

"may God reward you for your kindness and for going through all this trouble for me as well as my son. Indeed my God in heaven will be the one to reward you. All this time in have been sick and none of my children have enough to help me get the much needed medication, so I really appreciate you for doing this for me" she added..

"Thank you" i finally said, after she finished her praises and blessings. i wasnt going to let her down just because her son dumped me. " i made a promise to help her and that i will fulfill" i whispered as i started the car. I had to go and meet the doctor.

I successfully made an appointment with the Doctor and Ackim`s mom would be admitted the following day the Doctor told me. I made some arrangement for her and her daughter to be picked. that same evening they arrived and i booked a lodge near the hospital for them. I noticed she had grown weaker than i last saw her, i tried to assure her about her son and she thanked me again.

Early the following morning i took her to the hospital. She was taken inside for some tests as i waited with Mary Ackim`s sister. she smiled as we sat down.

" what is it?" i asked her, she bow her head shyly.

" you are a wonderful person mam, who does this for people they barely know? thank you" she smiled at me holding my hand.

"Its okey Mary" i told her..

" its the least i can do, besides your brother saved my life more than once, and i feel obliged to help him back."

"whatever your reasons we really appreciate it mam" she said calmly.

" call me Paula," i told her holding back her hand.

After some minutes of waiting i received a call from dad and i walked outside the hospital to pick the call.

" excuse me" i told Mary as i walked out.

I told dad part of the details and shut him before he could talk me into going back home.

"I have a mission to pursue" i told myself as i hang up. I wasnt just going to give up hope after coming all the way. Ackim would have to face me, whether he likes it or not. All i needed to was find him.

As i turned to walk back in, a female Doctor walked towards me, "excuse me lady" she called me. "yes Doctor" i answered looking at her Id card. I thought she was one of the Doctor`s working on Ackim`s mother so i stood to listen to her.

"You might not remember me but we met at some restaurant close to 2 weeks ago" she explained. I looked at her but my mind was too occupied for me to remember.

"The girl Maya approached you.. " she started..

"Oh yeah!" i exclaimed remembering her face, she was the mother of the match making girl.

"yes... yes, i remember. how is that angel?" i asked smiling..

"she`s okey my dear as over zealous as ever."

" well shes a great person" i said with a laugh.

" Am Dr Mwamba by the way" she introduced herself extending her hand to greet me.

"am Paula" i responded shaking her hand.

She asked what i was doing at the hospital, and i told her i had taken a friend`s mother there. she insisted her Daughter was still looking for me and after we chatted for some more minutes she asked me to go have dinner at her house.

"Maybe next time Doctor" i told her.

" please i insist do it for my Daughter" she pleaded holding my hand.

"she really would love to see you again, she adores you"

"Okey fine, give me the address and i will try create time for her this evening." I gave up.

" that`s wonderful" she smiled handing me the address.

"see you this evening then Paula.. " she added as she walked towards the emergency room. I watched her in silence and shook my head.

"well i can use a break from all this craziness going on in my head" i whispered to myself as i walked to the waiting room to join Mary.

The tests where done and Ackim`s mom was admitted that very day. i drove Mary back to the Lodge after saying bye to her mother. I promised to pass by the following morning.

" i will have to leave for work tomorrow, but please call me for anything." I told the same to Mary and gave her some money for up keep.

After 18 30 hours, i prepared myself from Protea hotel where i was lodging. I did a little bit of make up, didnt really know what to expect but i had to look at least sane and neat. I wore a very long Pink dress that shaped me up to my hips and fall back to my feet leaving my toe nails exposed as i wore some black flat casual sandles.

placing a black bead bracelet around my neck, i liked the look, not so ordinary nor so showing off but on the point. I tied my hair to the side letting it drop on my right shoulder. I was good to go..

Few minutes later, i looked in the side mirrors as i drove past the streets, turning in the 7th street and drove to the house on the address. At my first hoot i saw Maya Jump up and down as she came to open the gate for me.

" Hey there!" she screamed coming to the car.

"Hey Maya!" i called out smiling.

"am so happy you came to our home!" she shouted jumping up and down as i drove in.

I hugged her and she held my hand as she led me inside.

" lets go meet others!" she informed me excited.

"yeah sure" i nodded holding my long dress up a bit as i followed her into the house.

To be continued

Read more Episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-bodyguard

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / Ambush By Gbemisola Adeoti / Let The Guns Speak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 284
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.