Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) (22585 Views)

NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots / Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year / Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) by abbey621(m): 7:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
forgiveness:

I didn't disagree with you on that neither do I think it is only unique to Yorubas. Just wanted you to know that it remains the only way Yorubas use to trace their origin just to buttress my point that Jabber was right to have agreed he was Yoruba after he was told by his father.

That's where we disagree, Yorubas just like the Aztecs, the Egyptians are also fond of art. From sculptures to body art. Heritage and history are also told using these mediums. Ever heard of facial marks and tattoos?
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) by forgiveness: 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
abbey621:

That's where we disagree, Yorubas just like the Aztecs, the Egyptians are also fond of art. From sculptures to body art. Heritage and history are also told using these mediums. Ever heard of facial marks and tattoos?

You are free to disagree but the bone of contention still remains that Jabber got trace his origin through the oral medium.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) by abbey621(m): 8:13pm On Jun 25, 2019
forgiveness:

You are free to disagree but the bone of contention still remains that Jabber got trace his origin through the oral medium.

Actually he's relying more on DNA test result from places like Ancestry.com which shows that he is 10 to 15% West African, the question you should ask yourself is why would he need a DNA test if oral medium was effective? LMAO....You're right tho, we can agree to disagree....Peace!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) by forgiveness: 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2019
abbey621:

Actually he's relying more on DNA test result from places like Ancestry.com which shows that he is 10 to 15% West African, the question you should ask yourself is why would he need a DNA test if oral medium was effective? LMAO....You're right tho, we can agree to disagree....Peace!

I quoted where he mentioned he got to know from his father. Now, show me where he said he relied on DNA.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) by Nostradamus: 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
zinizta:

oya knock yourself out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjzAwCKZhY0
am not against giannis winning this,and I don't mean that giannis is a bad player,no. What am saying is @vicoladipo is a joy to watch,oladipo is a more exciting player than antetokoumpo.remember that his 360 dunk that he's always doing?you remember the 2018 allstar game at Los Angeles last year, when antetokoumpo was trying to pass the ball,victor intercepted the pass for a steal,dribble down to the basket and finish with a lovely acrobatic backhanded dunk that earned him some applause from the fans...

Some people draw comparisons between Victor oladipo and Dwayne Wade..

I say Victor's gone be a better than Wade.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) by Crispels(m): 12:18am On May 07, 2020

Always claiming. Who respect Nigeria? People are shamed of this zoo country, so is Giannais. Have you ever heard him utter Nigeria? SMH

He actually gave a shout out to Nigerians for their support during his speech while receiving the award.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) by Crispels(m): 12:20am On May 07, 2020
Bbbwings:

Nigerians always famzing

He actually reps Nigeria - if you check his Instagram page. During his speech while receiving this award, he thanked Nigerians for their support.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Leaves Leicester City To Join Saudi Arabia's Al-nassr On A Four-year / FIFA Rejects Ghana’s Request To Replay 2018 World Cup Qualifier Against Uganda / Xavier Amaechi Joins Hamburg On Four Year Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.