Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) (10732 Views)

My Husband Is Taking Away My Life! (GRAPHIC) / Please Help Save My Marriage / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by davedrix(m): 6:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
First of all, thank you for taking the time to read my story. I am the only Child of my bedridden mother who suffers from type 1 diabetes. My mom is my rock, my best friend, the love of my life who has been there for me through thick and thin. My dad abandoned us when I was still an infant (4 months to be exact) apparently running from the responsibilities that birthing a child brings. My mom saw me through my primary and secondary education selling drinks and occasionally, selling her body to make sure I get educated. She believed that I'd be the one to change her story and so she did everything, regardless of it's profanity. When I gained university admission, things went from bad to worse. I still owe Uniport 3 years school fees and without clearing that debt, there's no way I'm getting my degree. I pity my poor mom who has invested everything in me.
Nobody can protect their loved ones from the uncontrollable (in this case, my mom). Five years ago my mom was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. There's no cure for type 1 diabetes, only treatments, which affect the quality of one's life. It happened when I was in my second year. After she was diagnosed, the doctors gave her shots to help control her blood sugar levels and I had to wake her up multiple times a night to keep her stable. Her family helped at first, but when they saw that she wasn't recovering they left, one after the other. I was depressed and anxious, fearing that she might not wake up one morning. Help isn't forthcoming and the medical bills never stopped piling up with no reprieve. We had to withdraw her from the hospital to the house, where she's been ever since. Once in awhile I invite the local community nurse to clean the wound and administer drugs to my mom. I was able to foot these bills with the little I earn from working as a freelance writer on Fiverr. Now, jobs are not coming. I'm desperate and depressed, willing to do anything to save my mom this suffering. I even opened a thread to see if I can donate a kidney in exchange for monetary compensation. I was advised against it, apparently it does more harm than good. But if everything else fails, I might resort back to it, as I can't lose my mom. Better me than her!
We've been advised to amputate her left leg or if finance permits, both legs as the ulcer has taken the best part of the left leg. The amputation costs close to 300k according to unofficial sources, I'm hesitant in visiting a hospital to ascertain the price because I'm not sure how I can raise it. I don't know where to begin, a friend advised me to seek help and counsel from nairalanders. So here we are! I crave your indulgence. Please you're in a position to help, help us as you'd be saving not one but two lives. If you think you know how I can raise that money quickly, please advise me. If I lose my mom, I won't survive it.

3 Shares

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by davedrix(m): 6:41pm On Jun 25, 2019
@Czarina
Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by kellord(m): 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2019
How can I help? What's your account number?

Please someone help this thread move to FP
Where is lalasticlala when you need him?
Czarina? Where una Dey?

5 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by Halezis(m): 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2019
Wish I could be of helpsad I pray God sends helpers your way and heal your mum. Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by catwalq(f): 8:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
Reply my PM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by czarina(f): 8:17pm On Jun 25, 2019
davedrix:
@pzarina
Its Czarina, by the way.

#Seen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by kellord(m): 8:18pm On Jun 25, 2019
[quote author=Halezis post=79666234]Wish I could be of helpsad
I pray God sends helpers your way and heal your mum. Amen![/quote

I'm sure his mom would need all the prayers she can get

1 Like

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by davedrix(m): 8:34pm On Jun 25, 2019
Halezis:
Wish I could be of helpsad
I pray God sends helpers your way and heal your mum. Amen!

Thank you for your prayers. I wish God would do a miracle.

1 Like

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by davedrix(m): 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2019
czarina:
Its Czarina, by the way.

#Seen

I can't thank you enough for your help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by Halezis(m): 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2019
davedrix:

Thank you for your prayers. I wish God would do a miracle.
Amen bro, he will!

4 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by davedrix(m): 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2019
kellord:
How can I help? What's your account number?

Please someone help this thread move to FP
Where is lalasticlala when you need him?
Czarina? Where una Dey?

David Temple
Sterling Bank

Thank you so much. I saw your pm. We stay in Okrika, 30km away from Port Harcourt. I've already sent you a pm, you'd find our address there. Hoping to see you soon.

1 Like

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by kellord(m): 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
Please let's get this thread to front page. Someone needs our help.. if it were about Tonto Dike, Bobrisky and Regina Daniels, it would have gotten to front page by now.

Lala
Seun

7 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by Atk1nson(m): 8:47pm On Jun 25, 2019
@Seun, please help save a life by moving this to front page.

@op, you may want to provide more proof e.g hospital reports. Unfortunately, some posters have abuse this platform to try and scam good samaritans

4 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by davedrix(m): 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2019
Atk1nson:
@Seun, please help save a life by moving this to front page.

@op, you may want to provide more proof e.g hospital reports. Unfortunately, some posters have abuse this platform to try and scam good samaritans

I'd post her medical report tomorrow. Mom kept it in her box before the condition became worse. I'd search for it tomorrow.

A good Nairalander has decided to help us with a token tomorrow. He'd visit us tomorrow in Okrika

8 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by czarina(f): 9:25pm On Jun 25, 2019
Bump! smiley

1 Like

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by davedrix(m): 9:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
catwalq:
Reply my PM.

I've replied your pm
Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by davedrix(m): 9:50pm On Jun 25, 2019
I don't know who this Vincent Ubi is but God bless him. I wish he sends me a pm, so I can show him my appreciation. God bless you sir.

5 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by grandstar(m): 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2019
davedrix:
First of all, thank you for taking the time to read my story. I am the only Child of my bedridden mother who suffers from type 1 diabetes. My mom is my rock, my best friend, the love of my life who has been there for me through thick and thin. My dad abandoned us when I was still an infant (4 months to be exact) apparently running from the responsibilities that birthing a child brings. My mom saw me through my primary and secondary education selling drinks and occasionally, selling her body to make sure I get educated. She believed that I'd be the one to change her story and so she did everything, regardless of it's profanity. When I gained university admission, things went from bad to worse. I still owe Uniport 3 years school fees and without clearing that debt, there's no way I'm getting my degree. I pity my poor mom who has invested everything in me.
Nobody can protect their loved ones from the uncontrollable (in this case, my mom). Five years ago my mom was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. There's no cure for type 1 diabetes, only treatments, which affect the quality of one's life. It happened when I was in my second year. After she was diagnosed, the doctors gave her shots to help control her blood sugar levels and I had to wake her up multiple times a night to keep her stable. Her family helped at first, but when they saw that she wasn't recovering they left, one after the other. I was depressed and anxious, fearing that she might not wake up one morning. Help isn't forthcoming and the medical bills never stopped piling up with no reprieve. We had to withdraw her from the hospital to the house, where she's been ever since. Once in awhile I invite the local community nurse to clean the wound and administer drugs to my mom. I was able to foot these bills with the little I earn from working as a freelance writer on Fiverr. Now, jobs are not coming. I'm desperate and depressed, willing to do anything to save my mom this suffering. I even opened a thread to see if I can donate a kidney in exchange for monetary compensation. I was advised against it, apparently it does more harm than good. But if everything else fails, I might resort back to it, as I can't lose my mom. Better me than her!
We've been advised to amputate her left leg or if finance permits, both legs as the ulcer has taken the best part of the left leg. The amputation costs close to 300k according to unofficial sources, I'm hesitant in visiting a hospital to ascertain the price because I'm not sure how I can raise it. I don't know where to begin, a friend advised me to seek help and counsel from nairalanders. So here we are! I crave your indulgence. Please you're in a position to help, help us as you'd be saving not one but two lives. If you think you know how I can raise that money quickly, please advise me. If I lose my mom, I won't survive it.

Don't loose your life because of your mum. Please , don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, Simply try your righteous best.

Do not sell your kidneys.

It may make sense for you to set up a gofundme page to help your mum. I'm not used to it but several have used it and speak greatly about it. My dad got his leg amputated under the knee. He also had gangrene

9 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by Trippledots(m): 10:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
Wow.... Op i really pray you find help asap.

How about opening a gofundme account? It's a platform where cases are brought to the world for contributions from people all over the world to assist with a financial burden. Try it and goodluck.

This life sef... Na wa. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by kellord(m): 10:10pm On Jun 25, 2019
Trippledots:

How about opening a gofundme account? It's a platform where cases are brought to the world for contributions from people all over the world to assist with a financial burden. Try it and goodluck.

I don't think GoFundMe allows for Nigerian cases.

1 Like

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by davedrix(m): 10:16pm On Jun 25, 2019
grandstar:

Don't loose your life because of your mum. Please , don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, Simply try your righteous best.

Do not sell your kidneys.

It may make sense for you to set up a gofundme page to help your mum. I'm not used to it but several have used it and speak greatly about it. My dad got his leg amputated under the knee. He also had gangrene

A friend opened a gofundme account for my mom sometime ago but it never yielded anything. So I'm a bit skeptical.

How's your dad now? I hope he is stronger now? How much did the operation cost?
Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by davedrix(m): 10:17pm On Jun 25, 2019
Trippledots:

Thank you very much brother.

1 Like

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 25, 2019
cry cry

Oh God, I'm speechless cry cry cry
Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by ifyalways(f): 10:52pm On Jun 25, 2019
davedrix:

David Temple
Sterling Bank

Thank you so much. I saw your pm. We stay in Okrika, 30km away from Port Harcourt. I've already sent you a pm, you'd find our address there. Hoping to see you soon.
You dont need to do this . It will only grow doubts. . .

Dont quote yourself with your second handle to prove a point.

Post hospital reciepts here.

15 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by Biggie2206: 10:53pm On Jun 25, 2019
ifyalways:

Where are your proofs please?

2 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by ifyalways(f): 10:55pm On Jun 25, 2019
Biggie2206:

Where are your proofs please?
I don't answer to you please. Stay on your lane and allow the OP speak for himself.

4 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by Dhemmyjay(m): 10:57pm On Jun 25, 2019
I'm not doubting your story but why are you using anoda moniker (kellord) to give a reply to your post?
What are you trying to acheive?

7 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by kellord(m): 11:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
ifyalways:

I have been following OP's thread for a while. I even called him to dissuade him from the kidney stuff. I spoke to his mom and would visit them tomorrow. I want to ascertain things for myself before I can assist him.
Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by ifyalways(f): 11:10pm On Jun 25, 2019
kellord:

I have been following OP's thread for a while. I even called him to dissuade him from the kidney stuff. I spoke to his mom and would visit them tomorrow. I want to ascertain things for myself before I can assist him.
Okay. Goodluck.

If your mom is truly sick, post hospital receipts and stuff.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by kellord(m): 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2019
ifyalways:

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by uboma(m): 11:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
hmmmm.

How can we verify this story?

***modified***

the Op has been busted.

7 Likes

Re: Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) by czarina(f): 11:16pm On Jun 25, 2019
Wow! Davedrix, come and answer

Modified

He has been busted. He is a scammer. What a waste of time.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? / Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? / "How I Have Lived Up To 126 Yrs Old" - Famous Nigerian Woman Shares Her Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.