Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (422078 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by drawnobet(m): 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
odizeey:
Based more on the interest rate. Because businesses do come back a few weeks down the line and...

Customer: Yeah.

Rep: ...Yeah, because you can get like

Then the client interrupted.

I then used the ellipses to continue where the rep stopped.

The ellipses were no longer needed before the rep statement (...Yeah) because the rep was now expressing another line of thought. Only use it when, if both ellipses are removed, it makes a complete statement, you grab?

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Donelli: 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
odizeey:
Thanks bro. I've worked my grammar. The recent tasks, just had to do with my inability to hear what was said.

I'll work on these things. Na Computer I go dey use now sef. I no fit shout.
Thanks.
Take note of timestamps, don't assume it will be in order. While some have repeated items, others have skipped items, most times it's a response.

E.g Take note of something like this, because it's easy to ignore.

The actual content is:
-Is it a single family home, or a multi family house?
-Single family.
-Single family? Okay.

But what you'll hear might be:

0:01:23 - 0:01:27
Is it a single family or a multi family

0:01:28 - 0:01:29
Single family? Okay

If you just assume it's complete, you'll be penalized for missing content. That split second you ignore might contain vital info, so ensure to use the ESC work around during your final cross check before you submit.

For the ellipses part, you have to be very tactical with it's use.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
drawnobet:

The ellipses were no longer needed before the rep statement (...Yeah) because the rep was now expressing another line of thought. Only use it when, if both ellipses are removed, it makes a complete statement, you grab?
ok. Thanks bro. I appreciate your kind gesture. I'm glad.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2019
Donelli:

Take note of timestamps, don't assume it will be in order. While some have repeated items, others have skipped items, most times it's a response.

E.g Take note of something like this, because it's easy to ignore.

The actual content is:
-Is it a single family home, or a multi family house?
-Single family.
-Single family? Okay.

But what you'll hear might be:

0:01:23 - 0:01:27
Is it a single family or a multi family

0:01:28 - 0:01:29
Single family? Okay

If you just assume it's complete, you'll be penalized for missing content. That split second you ignore might contain vital info, so ensure to use the ESC work around during your final cross check before you submit.

For the ellipses part, you have to be very tactical with it's use.
Thanks bro.
I noticed something like this.
Thanks.
If I had not asked for clarification, I'll have being doing off till next year.

I appreciate you all.

Gracias.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
drawnobet:
iSwear. Also helps self esteem. Those 1s and 2s make you question the validity of your education

I know I did... sad

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2019
Please, one more question. I know in the FAQ they said we can paraphrase, if the sentence the speaker made is not grammatically correct. Is it totally true? Is it advisable to do so?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
odizeey:
Please, one more question. I know in the FAQ they said we can paraphrase, if the sentence the speaker made is not grammatically correct. Is it totally true? Is it advisable to do so?

You can. But the message the speaker was trying to pass across should remain thesame, if not u will be penalized...

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
thorrvik55:

You can. But the message the speaker was trying to pass across should remain thesame, if not u will be penalized...
ok. Thanks.

I like this place pass the slack sef.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
Good day all. I see we're enjoying a lovely Sunday.
Nice reading through contributions and resourceful hints.
Another thing am noticing, but, am not completely sure of yet, is the time to catch those beautiful calls we love to work on. I've noticed at a particular time of day/night, FC UK and CLH calls will flood the dashboard and one can waste all your precious release tokens on them. Then again, at other time of day/night, calls from PF, HL, SR will flood the dashboard.
Let's look into this, as I believe it will help us better prepare for the task.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
Meanwhile, am 22 audio minutes away from the bonus $2 shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
This has been my most active week yet. Earned $11 so far.
My resolve to quit my current job and face transcription fulltime is stronger now than ever... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2019
brijibs:
Meanwhile, am 22 audio minutes away from the bonus $2 shocked shocked
the closest I got was last week. I'm lazy as shee
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by drawnobet(m): 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
brijibs:
Another thing am noticing, but, am not completely sure of yet, is the time to catch those beautiful calls we love to work on. I've noticed at a particular time of day/night, FC UK and CLH calls will flood the dashboard and one can waste all your precious release tokens on them. Then again, at other time of day/night, calls from PF, HL, SR will flood the dashboard.

Nice Idea. Will help us know the best time(s) to work. Let's drop a comment here if we pick non FC UK or CLH calls back to back within 2hrs or if we notice a flurry of good audio calls at any particular time of the day using the audio difficulty calculator previously talked about here. We can do that for a week and I will edit the first post with the best time(s) to work for the benefit of all. Hopefully, we notice a pattern. How does that sound? All in favor comment 'aye

7 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by timitayo77: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2019
Aye

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
Aye

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Donelli: 6:38pm On Jul 14, 2019
brijibs:
Another thing am noticing, but, am not completely sure of yet, is the time to catch those beautiful calls we love to work on. I've noticed at a particular time of day/night, *** and *** calls will flood the dashboard and one can waste all your precious release tokens on them. Then again, at other time of day/night, calls from *** will flood the dashboard.
I believe **** calls are top priority calls, so expect to see them ALWAYS, especially at night. The ones y'all want to see mostly come up between 9am and 11am but are usually short calls. At other times, it's random. You might have to refresh multiple times to catch one.

That's my observation.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by drawnobet(m): 7:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
Donelli:

I believe FC-UK calls are top priority calls, so expect to see them ALWAYS, especially at night. The ones y'all want to see mostly come up between 9am and 11am but are usually short calls. At other times, it's random. You might have to refresh multiple times to catch one.

That's my observation.

Noted. So 9-11am
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 7:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
Also, PF, HL, SR, Ic calls tend to be available around 4pm to 6pm. I think Ch and FC Uk are predominant starting from 7pm.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
drawnobet:

Noted. So 9-11am

Mordified
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by drawnobet(m): 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2019
toluxe0075:
Also, PF, HL, SR, ICE calls tend to be available around 4pm to 6pm. I think CLH and FC Uk are predominant starting from 7pm.

Thanks. So 4-6pm too. Pls let's not go company full names. So that we don't come up on their search results

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
brijibs:
This has been my most active week yet. Earned $11 so far.
My resolve to quit my current job and face transcription fulltime is stronger now than ever... grin grin grin

I don't know if its me, but my money keeps reducing. At the time of this post, I had $11.99, before then, I had $11.45 Saturday, but it reduced. After I'd done a job, it came back up to 11.99.
Now again, I did a job, and checked my earnings to fine it reduced again.
I don't know if anyone has noticed same, or its just me?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
brijibs:

I don't know if its me, but my money keeps reducing. At the time of this post, I had $11.99, before then, I had $11.45 Saturday, but it reduced. After I'd done a job, it came back up to 11.99.

And funny thing is, I didn't copy the CIDs and the ratings out.
I hope I'm wrong, though, I doubt am wrong.
I might start copying out my CIDs and their ratings/$ earned on each.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
Donelli:

I believe FC-UK calls are top priority calls, so expect to see them ALWAYS, especially at night. The ones y'all want to see mostly come up between 9am and 11am but are usually short calls. At other times, it's random. You might have to refresh multiple times to catch one.

That's my observation.

You might want to add 3am to 5:20am as well.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
brijibs:

You probably had some transcripts re-rated again.
You guys should take a chill pill sharing all that information about timing here on this platform, we're already coming up on search results and you guys are spinning sheet beyond necessary. If you can't do a call, release it and find another. Publicizing how to circumvent work the platform considers important is not a great precedent. Ordinarily Slack is the workspace help desk.
Remember to exercise restraint angry
I do their calls occasionally and release if it's unachievable.
Let's discuss only things that most probably Slack won't tend to

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 11:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
samsard:
Try downloading/ installing Grammarly if you're using a PC.

Do you use grammarly for your transcription jobs?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
generationz:

Do you use grammarly for your transcription jobs?
Mostly when I'm on PC, but it's most useful in detecting spelling errors and other minor ish. For the punctuation, I have the rules mostly in my head.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 11:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
samsard:
Mostly when I'm on PC, but it's most useful in detecting spelling errors and other minor ish. For the punctuation, I have the rules mostly in my head.

The audio doesn't load on my PC and I use chrome browser. What could Bethe issue?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:28pm On Jul 14, 2019
generationz:

The audio doesn't load on my PC and I use chrome browser. What could Bethe issue?
How many have you tried so far? Maybe you should refresh the page
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by OluDonald1(m): 5:46am On Jul 15, 2019
drawnobet:
Check if you have static or dynamic IP. It's better if it's dynamic but if it is static, I will advise you to do mtn 100 sub just for the paypal. Make sure that the new IP address you're using is different from the ones you've used previously, and don't link a card that you have linked previously on another account. Clear all internet history, cache and cookies before opening a fresh pp without vpn.

Are you also transcribing with us abi you're just here to solve your payment problems?

Thanks bro. U mean MTN #100 daily sub?

I actually tried transcription once but didn't pass the test, but I will definitely give another trial.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by OluDonald1(m): 5:55am On Jul 15, 2019
drawnobet:
Check if you have static or dynamic IP. It's better if it's dynamic but if it is static, I will advise you to do mtn 100 sub just for the paypal. Make sure that the new IP address you're using is different from the ones you've used previously, and don't link a card that you have linked previously on another account. Clear all internet history, cache and cookies before opening a fresh pp without vpn.

Are you also transcribing with us abi you're just here to solve your payment problems?

What if i register on another device connected to my phone hot spot?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.