Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (422152 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Stmiceel(m): 10:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
PattyMike:

Simply use what everyone else is using and get the UBA Africard, forget the First bank. Africard is not an account so you're not technically opening an account with UBA. First of all what country is your PayPal? if it's south Africa just tear that PayPal and put it in the dustbin.

If South Africa?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 11:38pm On Nov 27, 2019
adolf444:
Good Evening honorable members. Please I need help with linking my card on Paypal. I tried linking the card but was told to contact my card provider.

This one don go collect Local High instead of International High undecided

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
PattyMike:

Kai this old layout lol. Una wey dey use am dey try seriously. The new one is really easy and convenient.

I don't understand. The new layout does have bad audio? Or the speakers aren't very old?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by adolf444: 11:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
nwafresh:

This one don go collect Local High instead of International High undecided

Thanks for the comment but it's actually international High.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 12:14am On Nov 28, 2019
adolf444:

Thanks for the comment but it's actually international High.

Did you deposit up to 2k in the card?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by adolf444: 12:27am On Nov 28, 2019
PattyMike:

Did you deposit up to 2k in the card?

Yes I did, and they already deducted N1050.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 12:33am On Nov 28, 2019
adolf444:

Yes I did, and they already deducted N1050.
Then perhaps you've not activated it for ATM or online transactions. I'm sure you must have changed the password at ATM but maybe you've not activated the for online use. You'd do that by going to Africard online portal. In that envelope they gave you there are two codes. One is for ATM where you'll change it and one is for online transactions. If you don't change the default password online you might not be able to use it for online transactions.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by adolf444: 12:39am On Nov 28, 2019
PattyMike:
Then perhaps you've not activated it for ATM or online transactions. I'm sure you must have changed the password at ATM but maybe you've not activated the for online use. You'd do that by going to Africard online portal. In that envelope they gave you there are two codes. One is for ATM where you'll change it and one is for online transactions. If you don't change the default password online you might not be able to use it for online transactions.

No I haven't changed the password or done anything with it. Guess you are right then which means I have to visit the ATM.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 2:07am On Nov 28, 2019
adolf444:

No I haven't changed the password or done anything with it. Guess you are right then which means I have to visit the ATM.
Yeah, UBA ATM. it should work after that.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Samxie(m): 3:14am On Nov 28, 2019
Quick question: Has anyone uploaded those extra documents required by PayPal when you sign up?

Please, kindly assist.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 5:29am On Nov 28, 2019
samsard:
If you get used to working ehn, resting feels odd
True
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 5:42am On Nov 28, 2019
Prenom:

Greet you, boss. Although, I did hit over 700 of 4's and 5's. smiley
Abeg, which area do you stay that is making you get constant light?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by surgeonzany(m): 8:02am On Nov 28, 2019
adolf444:
Good Evening honorable members. Please I need help with linking my card on Paypal. I tried linking the card but was told to contact my card provider.

Come over
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 8:40am On Nov 28, 2019
surgeonzany:

Come over
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 8:41am On Nov 28, 2019
Fading Cycle uk is now the new bae, I must confess. Running a 20 minutes call in 1hr 30 minutes due to good transcripts is amazing. The rejected stone is now the chief corner stone. grin.. Y'all should permit me to say this. On behalf of the Barcelona fan in the house, I hear by push Sonrun, pan fosta, SOR calls to Marlians and Chelsea fans. grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Samxie(m): 9:34am On Nov 28, 2019
Samxie:
Quick question: Has anyone uploaded those extra documents required by PayPal when you sign up?

Please, kindly assist.

Abeg na. I try not to ask too many questions here. This is the second question I've ever asked on this thread.

Please someone should help me out on this.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by surgeonzany(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

For all help you need concerning paypal
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:43am On Nov 28, 2019
Samxie:

Abeg na. I try not to ask too many questions here. This is the second question I've ever asked on this thread.

Please someone should help me out on this.

Yeah. I think @Samsard had uploaded his ID at some point. You can reach him to find out to clarify.

@bolded cracked me up a bit.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by tpben: 9:49am On Nov 28, 2019
Have gotten 1 ratings for 3 consecutive times now.
I Don tire. Any help?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Samxie(m): 9:59am On Nov 28, 2019
brijibs:

Yeah. I think @Samsard had uploaded his ID at some point. You can reach him to find out to clarify.

@bolded cracked me up a bit.

Thank you very much. I'll reach him right away.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Elamin21(m): 10:00am On Nov 28, 2019
Good day guys have link my card to my PayPal account. Do I still need to link my bank account? and how can I transfer funds to another person local Bank account?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 10:29am On Nov 28, 2019
nwafresh:
Fading Cycle uk is now the new bae, I must confess. Running a 20 minutes call in 1hr 30 minutes due to good transcripts is amazing. The rejected stone is now the chief corner stone. grin.. Y'all should permit me to say this. On behalf of the Barcelona fan in the house, I hear by push Sonrun, pan fosta, SOR calls to Marlians and Chelsea fans. grin
Lol.. you probably got lucky, you never see accent, I do lots of those.

We the Chelsea fans wholeheartedly accept this grin

P.s working on an SohR call as I type this. grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2019
Elamin21:
Good day guys have link my card to my PayPal account. Do I still need to link my bank account? and how can I transfer funds to another person local Bank account?

If you linked Africard...download their mobile app and connect the card. You can transfer from there
You can withdraw from ATM or transfer using ATM
you can get barter app, fund it with the Africard, transfer from barter to any local bank.

You have several options on your table.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Elamin21(m): 12:50pm On Nov 28, 2019
webshopNG:

If you linked Africard...download their mobile app and connect the card. You can transfer from there
You can withdraw from ATM or transfer using ATM
you can get barter app, fund it with the Africard, transfer from barter to any local bank.

You have several options on your table.
OK thank u
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 1:22pm On Nov 28, 2019
Hello guys.

Thanks for this wonderful thread. i was able to set up my account and passed the test at the first trial. I created lesotho pp but i haven't gotten the card to link. I will keep you guys updated. Please give any useful tips grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
My longest call EVER. grin

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2019
samsard:
Bruuuhhhhhh
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by tpben: 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2019
samsard:

Please answer these sir!

Do you use a laptop or phone?
Which kind of ear phone do you use?
What does one do when a sentence isn't clear enough [ what can be used to increase clarity?]
What are the apps you use?
Other tips too.
Thank you sir
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2019
tpben:

Please answer these sir!

Do you use a laptop or phone?
Which kind of ear phone do you use?
What does one do when a sentence isn't clear enough [ what can be used to increase clarity?]
What are the apps you use?
Other tips too.
Thank you sir
I use a laptop. (I use to use my phone)
A cheap Samsung earpiece, costs just 500 and which is probably knockoff.
If a sentence isn't clear? Probably listen further into the call and it'd become clearer as you get the context. Or use Google.
Just Chrome browser, FX sound, and Grammarly plus Ginger for grammar check.
There are no shortcuts like using apps to get AI transcripts.
Tips? Google terms, phrases, places, zip codes etc to understand the context. Capitalize all proper nouns and brand properly (iPhone, not Iphone, MasterCard, not Mastercard, etc.
Sometimes you have to take a break from a call to let your brain process.
Make shorter statements. Qa hates long statements that look like endlessness.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Estringx(m): 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2019
samsard:
Me and my "I cannot kill myself works". I started some weeks back. I am still learning.

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2019
Estringx:

Me and my "I cannot kill myself works". I started some weeks back. I am still learning.
I hardly work on anything less than 20, 25 minutes

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Estringx(m): 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2019
samsard:
I hardly work on anything less than 20, 25 minutes
I need to learn that as well. Though I have a 40 minutes call, unrated. Can't wait to get a 5 grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.