Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (422219 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by donbanj(m): 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2020
Pls add me. 08184495393
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by pat077: 6:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
Fejos:
Okay.. others can drop their numbers as well
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
longlife101:
Guy, pls I'll also like to know:

1) what of using the bank transfer for the PayPal if you have a dom' account;? What will be the "Routing number" like in the picture attached below?
2) or what if you can get and link a dom dollar card for the dom account, so your payment drop in dollars?
Don't waste your time.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by longlife101: 6:40pm On Aug 26, 2020
samsard:
Don't waste your time.
Nawaho. Please what will you advise? -And I currently have zenith and uba debt naira cards?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by spactacus(m): 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
Fejos:
pls add. 08168869581.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Bestlily(f): 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
I just got my africard and have linked it to my PayPal account. I was debited 406.58 naira. Can anyone explain the next step to get a verified account??

Modified
You have successfully lifted your PayPal withdrawal limit...does this mean my account is verified??

I tried to verify my bank account...it say the information you entered is incorrect. I used my normal account number as well as the number at the back of the prepaid card

Someone should please help me

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greenbuoy(m): 12:58am On Aug 27, 2020
Bestlily:
I just got my africard and have linked it to my PayPal account. I was debited 406.58 naira. Can anyone explain the next step to get a verified account??

Modified
You have successfully lifted your PayPal withdrawal limit...does this mean my account is verified??

I tried to verify my bank account...it say the information you entered is incorrect. I used my normal account number as well as the number at the back of the prepaid card

Someone should please help me
You can't link a Nigerian bank account to LS or ZA or SA Paypal!

Card verification doesn't verify your accout FULLY, but it should be enough to keep your accout breathing - fully verified accounts are quite rare, trust me!

There's no rule-book anywhere of how to surely avoid PP's troubles, but there are a few actions you should practice religiously that classify as 'you playing your part.'

*Try as much as you can to stick to one device, one browser, and one ISP (if you use Glo and begin to percieve signs of evil spirit around your account, simply switch providers)

*Never use a VPN to access your account.

*Never forget to log out after using your account.

*WATCH WHO YOU TRADE FUNDS WITH!!

etc

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by KunmiakiN: 1:42am On Aug 27, 2020
Urgently in need of truck
For haulage,from Abeokuta to Oyo
Dm/call 08036101567
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Jaymidas001: 8:03am On Aug 27, 2020
Please I need help with my PayPal account. I receive payments, but when I try to send it requests for a Saudi Arabian number to complete the transaction. I used the PDF posted here earlier to create the account. Any hope?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:59am On Aug 27, 2020
Fejos:

080, add me
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by phranklyn92(m): 12:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
Fejos:
Chief, please add me too. I'm interested
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Bestlily(f): 12:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
Greenbuoy:

You can't link a Nigerian bank account to LS or ZA or SA Paypal!

Card verification doesn't verify your accout FULLY, but it should be enough to keep your accout breathing - fully verified accounts are quite rare, trust me!

There's no rule-book anywhere of how to surely avoid PP's troubles, but there are a few actions you should practice religiously that classify as 'you playing your part.'

*Try as much as you can to stick to one device, one browser, and one ISP (if you use Glo and begin to percieve signs of evil spirit around your account, simply switch providers)

*Never use a VPN to access your account.

*Never forget to log out after using your account.

*WATCH WHO YOU TRADE FUNDS WITH!!

etc

Thank you very much. I appreciate!!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Agjack: 5:00am On Aug 28, 2020
Can someone please explain how to get the UBA Africard and how to link it to the PayPal account? So it will be clear for those who are still trying to link bank cards.
And what about the Routing Number? Will the bank give us that information too?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Adehwale: 8:01am On Aug 28, 2020
Fejos:
you can earn as much as $5 per day for newbies and as much as $10 - $70 per day when you get promoted to higher jobs. It all depends on the effort you put in, whether newbie or pro. See the leader board of yesterday. I made only $5.62 because I was busy yesterday. I make more than that when am less busy.
Have you read up reviews about this platform online? You should probably do that. Not encouraging at all.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 8:48am On Aug 28, 2020
Adehwale:

Have you read up reviews about this platform online? You should probably do that. Not encouraging at all.
Have you also read about QA review online? It is also very terrible, even the QA Facebook page has 2.5 rating but people are still making $120 a week. So stop listening to reviews dropped by Americans and British because they will base it on what is obtainable in their country.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Samxie(m): 8:55am On Aug 28, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Have you also read about QA review online? It is also very terrible, even the QA Facebook page has 2.5 rating but people are still making $120 a week.

Who are those people biko? grin
With this heartbreaking pay rate?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Jaymidas001: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Have you also read about QA review online? It is also very terrible, even the QA Facebook page has 2.5 rating but people are still making $120 a week. So stop listening to reviews dropped by Americans and British because they will base it on what is obtainable in their country.

Me too would like to make $120 a week o cheesy
Be kind enough to fill us in...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2020
Samxie:

Who are those people biko? grin
With this heartbreaking pay rate?

Lol.. ikr grin grin
Even with 600+ mins you're looking at around $80+ or thereabouts with this new payments system. But I think the message he was trying to put across is that these reviews come from people who live in more affluent countries, So to them it's slave labour, but to others in some parts of Asia and Africa, it can be decent, cos of exchange rates and stuff.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 10:17am On Aug 28, 2020
SpongeBobSP:

Lol.. ikr grin grin
Even with 600+ mins you're looking at around $80+ or thereabouts with this new payments system. But I think the message he was trying to put across is that these reviews come from people who live in more affluent countries, So to them it's slave labour, but to others in some parts of Asia and Africa, it can be decent, cos of exchange rates and stuff.
There are still a lot of calls going for $0.18/min, though they are mostly FC UK but I do see Pann Foster at that rate too. I even saw one for $0.20 today and it was an American call. And remember that there is $22 bonus for 600+ minutes. I believe that the likes of Angel R and others on leaderboard do get more than $120 irrespective of rate too. I hate CLH and Fc uk but I do get them at $0.16 on average when I had the Reserve Feature.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Adehwale: 10:25am On Aug 28, 2020
SUPERPACK:
The negative reviews were basically on payouts and shady means of banning accounts without strong reasons.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 11:13am On Aug 28, 2020
Adehwale:

The negative reviews were basically on payouts and shady means of banning accounts without strong reasons.
Let's just go in there and see with our two eyes
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ujunkem(f): 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fejos:

Please add me 08031969462
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Let's just go in there and see with our two eyes
Right...
If we had read reviews about QA before signing up and used those reviews as deciding factor, I don't think most of is would have bothered. cool
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Portharcourtlan(m): 10:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
I still have positions for my online chatting job,just DM me and I need someone who is good with written English... The email is Felixelemele@aol.com
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by cool318(m): 11:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
Portharcourtlan:
I still have positions for my online chatting job,just DM me and I need someone who is good with written English... The email is Felixelemele@aol.com

You have a mail shocked cool
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Jexieslindy(f): 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
drawnobet:

Slack is the work place community where you can get to connect with other transcribers and moderators who can help you resolve any issues or questions. Just sign-up and the bot will put you through.

For the PayPal, you can follow this link to learn how to do that https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L1TiijdFxxx81cj8a1q5rXZAjeidcQyC/view?usp=drivesdk after opening the PayPal account, go to your nearest UBA branch and tell them you want the international Africard. That's the card you'll use to get your funds directly from PayPal. Please note that you must always log into the Lesotho PayPal using the link provided in the document.

Take some time to read the FAQ and help before you start your first job. It is extremely important.
I'm really interested in knowing more of this
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:36am On Aug 29, 2020
SUPERPACK:
There are still a lot of calls going for $0.18/min, though they are mostly FC UK but I do see Pann Foster at that rate too. I even saw one for $0.20 today and it was an American call. And remember that there is $22 bonus for 600+ minutes. I believe that the likes of Angel R and others on leaderboard do get more than $120 irrespective of rate too. I hate CLH and Fc uk but I do get them at $0.16 on average when I had the Reserve Feature.
Guy, $120 a week is virtually unattainable now. Calls are literally most $0.07 a minute. You'll need well over 800 minutes at the current rate to get even close to that. You can do 600 minutes and only get $60 plus bonus which comes a week after.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:57am On Aug 29, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Even FC UK calls are now about $0.10 max if at all it's even up to.
Below is a screenshot of my account someone is using. He has 255 minutes rated 4&5s. Only one there is even rated 4 and yet the earning is $19.45. Previously that would be $50 at least. At this rate, you'd need over 1000 minutes to earn $100, and then wait for a bonus of $22. You can't always get the best paying jobs even if you're being selective.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 8:09am On Aug 29, 2020
samsard:
Below is a screenshot of my account someone is using. He has 255 minutes rated 4&5s. Only one there is even rated 4 and yet the earning is $19.45. Previously that would be $50 at least. At this rate, you'd need over 1000 minutes to earn $100, and then wait for a bonus of $22. You can't always get the best paying jobs even if you're being selective.
Sure there are many like that but that particular call is likely a failed transfer or too much hold. Secondly if he has the reserve feature there is a very big chance that his maximum setting for pay is $0.12 which many people searching for American calls do use. The Ai that assigns rate looks at the length of the Ai transcript to arrive at a pay rate for a particular call. So if an FC UK comes with a short Ai transcript it will assign it a very low pay. I know somebody still getting $15 for 100 minutes and he picks from the queue.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Revfada: 8:10am On Aug 29, 2020
samsard:
Gawd! This is definitely Slave Labour. But we Nigerians won't mind, as we are so used to suffering and smiling. grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 8:13am On Aug 29, 2020
samsard:
Guy, $120 a week is virtually unattainable now. Calls are literally most $0.07 a minute. You'll need well over 800 minutes at the current rate to get even close to that. You can do 600 minutes and only get $60 plus bonus which comes a week after.
Lowest pay for a 5 rated call still remains $0.08 and anybody that gets less than that should head to Slack for a redress. The Ai that assigns rate sometimes goes nuts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.