Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (422222 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 10:52am On Sep 02, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Harder than 10,000 QA test in one sitting.
Do you consider that thing QA has as a test?? Lol grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:55am On Sep 02, 2020
SpongeBobSP:

Do you consider that thing QA has as a test?? Lol grin grin
cheesy Even a toddler can pass that cheesy
Most people just use Google grin
By the time you retake TM test and GT test a few times you'll understand why khaki is not leather grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by captain2020(m): 11:46am On Sep 02, 2020
Hello house, I just registered and was given clip 5 to transcribe, please someone that have ready done it should drop it here for me.

God bless you
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
samsard:
cheesy Even a toddler can pass that cheesy
Most people just use Google grin
By the time you retake TM test and GT test a few times you'll understand why khaki is not leather grin
GT is weird though, I do it, I think I nailed it. Everything checks, and then the mail comes saying rejected. I'm like... Huh??! grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Samxie(m): 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
Came across something someone said that some places do consider typing speed or time taken to complete the test.
I dunno sha. undecided
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Jaymidas001: 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2020
My first ever 10 straight 5s grin

If only QA would increase their rate slightly, I won't look for any other options... Anyway make we dey manage

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Richardlove(m): 5:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
Same with me, too. Mine is 17, back to back.
Jaymidas001:

If only QA would increase their rate slightly, I won't look for any other options... Anyway make we dey manage
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Adaobi810(f): 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
Jaymidas001:

please help a newbie, what time should we be checking calls?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Jaymidas001: 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
From 9am I do see calls. It's like the more you work, the more likely you're to see more calls overtime... Use your auto clicker well until you have reserve feature... I don't even have @ the moment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by silaxx(m): 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2020
JaySterling:
Does anyone here have a dollar Africard ?

I’m running some tests and I need about $10
I have
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2020
Good day everybody. I just want to bring this to your notice that this thread has gotten to Arlen. On how she got to know, I'm as surprised as you are. She invited Samsard and myself for a private conversation with her on Slack and she complained bitterly because we broke a lot of rules here which we all know and she pointed out some of it. According to her, these are what she saw.

[b][/b][/i]What red flags I saw on there that concerns me are:
• declarations of downloading QAW audios (complete with steps on how people do it to encourage others)
• openly sharing answers to our test clips (this promotes laziness and I hate it because we have a ton of lazy people already)
• I now understand why a lot of your fellows are having PayPal issues - because the process is unconventional and makes it prone to eventual issues with PayPal and then you guys have the audacity to complain when payment problems arise. This, despite us providing clear guidelines on PayPal payment requirement. :weary:
• sharing screenshots of the QAW platform and our Slack workspace in a public forum.
• encouraging people to work using phones :duh: when again, the rules are crystal clear. If you prefer to be hardheaded about this because you're confident it works for you, then fine. But zip it and don't encourage other people to do it. Do you want us to make it so that the platform will be exclusively compatible with a laptop or desktop computer like most transcription platforms? Where would that take you then (when I realize you have problems with electricity that's why you try to use phones instead)?[b][/b][i]

Those are her words.
So we came to a conclusion that in order not to have issues with the company or have difficulties working on the platform due to what she mentioned above, we've decided for the thread to go down or we delete every sensitive information [which is not possible looking at how far the thread has gone] that is against the rules and regulations of the company examples; screenshots, answers to text clips, encouraging people to use phone for the job, etc.
She also proposed that she's willing to open a slack channel solely for us where we can help our country men and women without violating the rules. The Slack channel will be handled by 2 people among us that will be responding to newbies from our country who'll be joining base on invitation.

This are my suggestions:
1. If we can agree on bringing the thread down, fine. OR
2. Can we delete all sensitive posts like screenshots, answers to test clips, encouraging others working with phone? [is this possible considering the length of the thread]?, if yes, fine.
3. If option 2 is achievable, any newbie from our country will be invited to the Slack channel where all questions and answers will be provided to him/her by the 2 selected people who will be handling the Slack channel.

Your suggestions are welcome.
NOTE: She also saw our insults and if you're willing to insult her again, she'll also be seeing it. Let's be civil and provide the way forward. To most of us, this has been a source of income even though the pay is low, but we're still earning... Let's make our decision because thread don cast!!! ...

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 4:38pm On Sep 05, 2020
I suggested we move to Whatsapp or Telegram as at October last year but everybody objected to that claiming that it is not necessary. Hope we can see my reason now, nothing like secret on the open internet/Google space. The deed have been done but a stitch in time would have saved us all this stress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 4:43pm On Sep 05, 2020
SUPERPACK:
I suggested we move to Whatsapp or Telegram as at October last year but everybody objected to that claiming that it is not necessary. Hope we can see my reason now, nothing like secret on the open internet/Google space. The deed have been done but a stitch in time would have saved us all this stress.

You wouldn't want to wake up and see 1k unnecessary chat + ads... The deed has been done. We just have to make things transparent in order to get banned. I've provided some options and we should provide solutions based on that

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
nwafresh:

You wouldn't want to wake up and see 1k unnecessary chat + ads... The deed has been done. We just have to make things transparent in order to get banned. I've provided some options and we should provide solutions based on that
There is nothing to negotiate again. The thread can go down if you ask me. Using a slack channel will not work because they use the free bandwidth package with limited storage so info can only stay for only a month Maximum before auto-porge.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2020
SUPERPACK:
There is nothing to negotiate again. The thread can go down if you ask me. Using a slack channel will not work because they use the free bandwidth package with limited storage so info can only stay for only a month Maximum before auto-porge.

That's why she said it'll be monitored by two people who'll keep answering questions for newbies just like the SCC

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2020
nwafresh:

That's why she said it'll be monitored by two people who'll keep answering questions for newbies just like the SCC
We can call a mod to take the thread down just like the first one, that is not an issue at all.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2020
SUPERPACK:

nwafresh I'll go with this. The earlier the better.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:35pm On Sep 05, 2020
SUPERPACK:
We can call a mod to take the thread down just like the first one, that is not an issue at all.

Good. Let's hear from others in order to carry everyone along.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 6:15pm On Sep 05, 2020
nwafresh:
Good day everybody. I just want to bring this to your notice that this thread has gotten to Arlen. On how she got to know, I'm as surprised as you are. She invited Samsard and myself for a private conversation with her on Slack and she complained bitterly because we broke a lot of rules here which we all know and she pointed out some of it. According to her, these are what she saw.

[b][/b][/i]What red flags I saw on there that concerns me are:
• declarations of downloading QAW audios (complete with steps on how people do it to encourage others)
• openly sharing answers to our test clips (this promotes laziness and I hate it because we have a ton of lazy people already)
• I now understand why a lot of your fellows are having PayPal issues - because the process is unconventional and makes it prone to eventual issues with PayPal and then you guys have the audacity to complain when payment problems arise. This, despite us providing clear guidelines on PayPal payment requirement. :weary:
• sharing screenshots of the QAW platform and our Slack workspace in a public forum.
• encouraging people to work using phones :duh: when again, the rules are crystal clear. If you prefer to be hardheaded about this because you're confident it works for you, then fine. But zip it and don't encourage other people to do it. Do you want us to make it so that the platform will be exclusively compatible with a laptop or desktop computer like most transcription platforms? Where would that take you then (when I realize you have problems with electricity that's why you try to use phones instead)?[b][/b][i]

Those are her words.
So we came to a conclusion that in order not to have issues with the company or have difficulties working on the platform due to what she mentioned above, we've decided for the thread to go down or we delete every sensitive information [which is not possible looking at how far the thread has gone] that is against the rules and regulations of the company examples; screenshots, answers to text clips, encouraging people to use phone for the job, etc.
She also proposed that she's willing to open a slack channel solely for us where we can help our country men and women without violating the rules. The Slack channel will be handled by 2 people among us that will be responding to newbies from our country who'll be joining base on invitation.

This are my suggestions:
1. If we can agree on bringing the thread down, fine. OR
2. Can we delete all sensitive posts like screenshots, answers to test clips, encouraging others working with phone? [is this possible considering the length of the thread]?, if yes, fine.
3. If option 2 is achievable, any newbie from our country will be invited to the Slack channel where all questions and answers will be provided to him/her by the 2 selected people who will be handling the Slack channel.

Your suggestions are welcome.
NOTE: She also saw our insults and if you're willing to insult her again, she'll also be seeing it. Let's be civil and provide the way forward. To most of us, this has been a source of income even though the pay is low, but we're still earning... Let's make our decision because thread don cast!!! ...

How do these newbies know about this particular hustle without this thread being active?
Without this thread, the vast majority of the Nigerian transcribers on QA won't be there..

Deleting the thread should not be an option IMO..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2020
SUPERPACK:

If the op of the old thread had moved it to Whatsapp/Telegram, or if this new one was not created after mods deleted the old one, trust me, u and I probably wouldn't have known about QA...

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
thorrvik55:

How do these newbies know about this particular hustle without this thread being active?
Without this thread, the vast majority of the Nigerian transcribers on QA won't be there..

Deleting the thread should not be an option IMO..
Guys can always create a new one and try to enforce some decorum.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2020
thorrvik55:

If the op of the old thread had moved it to Whatsapp/Telegram, or if this new one was not created after mods deleted the old one, trust me, u and I probably wouldn't have known about QA...

What we have to is to provide solution from the ones I've suggested.. We need to come to a conclusion from now until Monday.

We can't afford to loose this huslte, please. If option 2 that I provided is feasible, we should all do that, if not, please let's provide a way forward.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by davide470(m): 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2020

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.