Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (420502 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 3:42pm On Aug 21, 2019
Biritiko:

Mine is still there unrated grin
just dey check steady.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by NEVOH: 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2019
dryakson:
The night you guys are talking about is actually morning in the Philippines. So, the ratings is based on priority calls. If they need to present the work to their client, it will get rated instantly.
So those saying night raters are hash should instead say morning raters are hash. Lolx

Yes. Because they are at their best and active as ever. So they can easily spot any little mistake and mark you down. But during the night ( day in ours) we receive good ratings because they are already tired and about to sleep off.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
odizeey:
just dey check steady.
I don refresh tire.
I think it’s because of the company .
Square or sth.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 3:47pm On Aug 21, 2019
Biritiko:

I don refresh tire.
Square or sth.
if you don't have doubts on the job you can relax.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2019
odizeey:
if you don't have doubts on the job you can relax.

I have some doubts... The customer was just rapping incoherently. I used IQ mostly to get that job done.

While waiting for it to get rated, I got twonotger jobs. They too are yet to be rated.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2019
dryakson:
The night you guys are talking about is actually morning in the Philippines. So, the ratings is based on priority calls. If they need to present the work to their client, it will get rated instantly.
So those saying night raters are hash should instead say morning raters are hash. Lolx
Exactly the point I was trying to make the last time he came off with that harshness talk.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 4:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
samsard:
Exactly the point I was trying to make the last time he came off with that harshness talk.

Please let that episode go. You misunderstood him. Yes, he talked about them being harsh. But, his main grievance was on the time it takes them to rate jobs. Being a job he did late at night, he was worried it would get rated when he'd fallen asleep. And, if it was rated 1 or 2, he might not be awake to effect the necessary corrections on the job in time to get paid. cool

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2019
brijibs:

I have some doubts... The customer was just rapping incoherently. I used IQ mostly to get that job done.

While waiting for it to get rated, I got twonotger jobs. They too are yet to be rated.
na to stay vigilant o.

I had one like that. Was rated after 2 days or thereabout.
I refreshed later and saw that the allotted time for a redo was remaining 20 mins. I just blank am.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2019
odizeey:
na to stay vigilant o.

I had one like that. Was rated after 2 days or thereabout.
I refreshed later and saw that the allotted time for a redo was remaining 20 mins. I just blank am.

Just imagine!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2019
brijibs:

Just imagine!
naso we see am. Just hope you guys own come good sha.
E no easy.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2019
psyqs:

360/USD

Ok,thanks.I will try to get the africard.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
odizeey:
naso we see am. Just hope you guys own come good sha.
E no easy.

Me, I'm just transcribing o. I Sha don't do late jobs. So far I've done 100+ minutes.. I missed last week's $5 bonus by 15 minutes( after calculating the minutes I got the 5 and 4 ratings) . I must hit it this week. Gotten 5=9, 4=1 wink wink... Still have three calls waiting.. I wan buy Benz by December

5 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2019
nwafresh:

Me, I'm just transcribing o. I Sha don't do late jobs. So far I've done 100+ minutes.. I missed last week's $5 bonus by 15 minutes( after calculating the minutes I got the 5 and 4 ratings) . I must hit it this week. Gotten 5=9, 4=1 wink wink... Still have three calls waiting.. I wan buy Benz by December

AMEN
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 4:57pm On Aug 21, 2019
I saw this question that was left unanswered on slack:

How do we transcribe when the customer says it is 3ses while indicating that her name is spelled with sss (like jesss).

I thought about it and I'm not sure about what to transcribe in such scenario.

What do u guys think?

Should it be three S's or three s or three s'es or three sss?
Someone on slack replied with three S-S-S.

If twas me I would go with three s.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2019
nwafresh:

Very soon now you'll be aiming for the $12 bonus. $5 bonus will turn to normal thing for u cool
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2019
thorrvik55:

Very soon now you'll be aiming for the $12 bonus. $5 bonus will turn to normal thing for u cool

Amen o. Lol.. Courtesy of you boss.. Your boy is loyal
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kennybelle: 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2019
Rejoice with me fam cheesy

I did an 11mins job (my second ever since I joined, I no dey pass my boundary wink) earlier today (those bad calls, dnt want to mention names). My boss came with jobs to do, I've been busy ever since. My mind no gree comot there, just incase of a bad rating and the redo stuff.

I just finished what I was doing and checked now... dance with me, it was rated 5! I pray it doesn't change when it's reaudited.

I'm beginning to have nerves like some of the bigwigs here. Thanks guys

Make I pack my bag dey go house grin

5 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
thorrvik55:
I saw this question that was left unanswered on slack:

How do we transcribe when the customer says it is 3ses while indicating that her name is spelled with sss (like jesss).

I thought about it and I'm not sure about what to transcribe in such scenario.

What do u guys think?

Should it be three S's or three s or three s'es or three sss?
Someone on slack replied with three S-S-S.

If twas me I would go with three s.

I'll go with "SSS". I've encountered same scenario before whereby the rep said triple A and I transcribed it as AAA

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2019
kennybelle:
Rejoice with me fam cheesy

I did an 11mins job (my second ever since I joined, I no dey pass my boundary wink) earlier today (those bad calls, dnt want to mention names). My boss came with jobs to do, I've been busy ever since. My mind no gree comot there, just incase of a bad rating and the redo stuff.

I just finished what I was doing and checked now... dance with me, it was rated 5! I pray it doesn't change when it's reaudited.

I'm beginning to have nerves like some of the bigwigs here. Thanks guys

Make I pack my bag dey go house grin

Lol... That's the spirit. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2019
All the calls I've been getting today are from FC. Na so I just d release them. sad
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2019
Biritiko:

I don refresh tire.
Square or sth.

I had three of those from friday last week. They were rated yesterday.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
Ogaemmy:
All the calls I've been getting today are from FC. Na so I just d release them. sad

Lol.. Get use to it o cos that's their main customer.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2019
nwafresh:

Lol.. Get use to it o cos that's their main customer.

Bro.. What's the secret. How do you tackle those?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2019
nwafresh:

good one.
Me I dey try do 3 or 4 dolls daily. This work no easy. Una wen dey do 100+ mins dey try. The thing dey make person dey isolated. But Man gats get funds o.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2019
Ogaemmy:

Bro.. What's the secret. How do you tackle those?
not all of them are bad. If you pick them, just listen carefully, you will get it.
I even prefer them now. Longer time. Incase battery dies.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2019
More 5s to us all.

7 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2019
psyqs:
More 5s to us all.

The Boss himself cool

I'm rooting for u to be d first Nigerian to make it to that weekly leaderboard..

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2019
odizeey:
not all of them are bad. If you pick them, just listen carefully, you will get it.
I even prefer them now. Longer time. Incase battery dies.
Goan buy power bank grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 6:37pm On Aug 21, 2019
Biritiko:

Goan buy power bank grin
I mk use of a computer. I no just like phone.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
odizeey:
I mk use of a computer. I no just like phone.
My laptop’s speaker is trash, and me no get good earphones .
Na why I dy use phone jeje
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
psyqs:
More 5s to us all.
Double twaile for you grin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by xclusive1989: 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2019
please is it compulsory to have UPWORK account or do they make payment directly to PayPal account

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.