Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,411 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:02 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (416477 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ayo199:
Is the minimum recent rating to avoid removal 3.0 average or 3.3?

3.0, I think.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 8:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
houzing:
Please fam, I wish to go for Africard next week. How long does it take before, it's ready?

I got my own in less than one hour. Just go through the thread so you'll know what to go with and what to request for. I think page 40 has detailed info on Africard.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
thorrvik55:

3.0, I think.
3.3 FAQ is the reference.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
thorrvik55:

I got my own in less than one hour. Just go through the thread so you'll know what to go with and what to request for. I think page 40 has detailed info on Africard.

Thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2019
Calls tonight make sense ooooo grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nairastake: 7:44am On Aug 24, 2019
Just found this thread, decided to share since we are all here for making money.

https://www.nairaland.com/5376558/making-money-online-it-all#81530904
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 8:05am On Aug 24, 2019
Nairastake:
Just found this thread, decided to share since we are all here for making money.

Na English full there.

Anyway, those that are having difficulties working with phones, I have an easy technique I'm now using. It makes the job so easy that you don't have to worry about the other end of the screen that's covering your transcripts, thereby making it hard for you. Just indicate if you want to know about this little technique
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:11am On Aug 24, 2019
nwafresh:

Na English full there.

Anyway, those that are having difficulties working with phones, I have an easy technique I'm now using. It makes the job so easy that you don't have to worry about the other end of the screen that's covering your transcripts, thereby making it hard for you. Just indicate if you want to know about this little technique
I work on phone occasionally, what's the method.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by smarkorg(m): 8:12am On Aug 24, 2019
I want to know about the technique.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 8:33am On Aug 24, 2019
Maybe some people have been using this method, it's something I just discovered and I want to share with the phone users.

Now, whenever you are working on a call, the right part of the platform use to obstruct your transcripts, thereby making it hard for you to edit or type at ease. Worry not, cos this is exactly what you'll do.

What I do is, I cut the sentences to a side where that obstruction won't interfere. I'll illustrate with a short call

Rep: Hi, Frank. My name is Joe and I'm calling from Glo.
Explanation: Now, if the right part of the platform is making it hard for you to see from “ and I'm calling from Glo, what I do is, I cut it. And it will look like this

Rep: Hi, Frank. My name is Joe
Rep: and I'm calling from Glo.

Now, observe that I didn't put a full spot at "Joe". I just tap enter from that "Joe" on my keypad and it cut the sentence. Another thing to note is the space. Normally, there's space after "Joe" so cut the sentence at that space after "Joe" then make sure there's no space before "and" at the continuation of the sentence.

Note: remember to label the SPEAKERS CORRECTLY. cos it sometimes it may change from REP to CUSTOMER while the person talking is the REP.

I hope this break down will help.

6 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 9:29am On Aug 24, 2019
The calls on the dashboard since last night have been very good.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 9:48am On Aug 24, 2019
thorrvik55:
The calls on the dashboard since last night have been very good.

Asin ehn.. E dy give me joy. Hope I'll watch EPL. Lol
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:36am On Aug 24, 2019
nwafresh:

Asin ehn.. E dy give me joy. Hope I'll watch EPL. Lol

Definitely.

It's as if FC UK calls have finished on queue and they've not uploaded a new batch...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 11:06am On Aug 24, 2019
thorrvik55:

Definitely.

It's as if FC UK calls have finished on queue and they've not uploaded a new batch...

They should just keep it coming like this grin grin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 4gunners(m): 11:48am On Aug 24, 2019
Who wants to sell dollar on PayPal? I will by at #310 per dollar. Thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by queenDD(f): 11:54am On Aug 24, 2019
thorrvik55:

3.0, I think.

cry and my recent rating is 2.65. I feel like crying.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
queenDD:

You can bring it up.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2019
nwafresh:

They should just keep it coming like this grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by queenDD(f): 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
Biritiko:

You can bring it up.

How many calls with low ratings can someone take before they are removed?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2019
queenDD:

How many calls with low ratings can someone take before they are removed?
I’m not sure I understand your question.
But the average rating that determines removal is from last 10 calls.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 12:46pm On Aug 24, 2019
queenDD:

Don't worry. Even if you get kicked out, create another email or use a close friend's own with a new number and start again. We're Nigerians, we don't give up easily. You must fight to finish

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ayo199(m): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2019
Guys, am on a funding circle call now, and I know the value of currency in UK call should be in £,but the rep kept on mentioning dollar instead if euro. Which should I transcribe please?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2019
Ayo199:
Guys, am on a funding circle call now, and I know the value of currency in UK call should be in £,but the rep kept on mentioning dollar instead if euro. Which should I transcribe please?

what the rep says
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2019
Ayo199:
Transcribe what you hear.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2019
Another way to determine if the call is rep to rep: Calls may be monitored.....

cheesycheesy

Thats a sure bet, its rep to customer
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2019
Ayo199:

There is difference between FC UK and FC. The latter is America and you use dollar sign
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 4:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
Guys.. Help urgently -

The speakers says "I ain't got nothing" should I transcribe verbatim or refix it?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
Ogaemmy:
Guys.. Help urgently -

The speakers says "I ain't got nothing" should I transcribe verbatim or refix it?

I think it's okay. You can transcribe it.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by EtimaM: 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2019
Hello guys,i want to log out from qa-world on my phone and login with system and it's seemingly difficult
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
EtimaM:
Hello guys,i want to log out from qa-world on my phone and login with system and it's seemingly difficult

Clear cookies/ cache on ur browser..
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2019
Nairastake:

is the first link on your siggy legit?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2019
Guys, if the customer call out her phone like 45763912. Is it the America country code I will add to the number, like +1- 45763912 or I will write as 457-63912.

Please, it is urgent guys. The style I used the other time was flag off. So, I'm not too sure again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (398)

Fresh Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2015 / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.