Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria (11337 Views)

Now That Subsidy Is Gone, What Is The Plan? - Babajide Fadoju / Ganduje Renews Feud With Emir Sanusi Over Sale Of Landed Properties / Photos Of President Buhari With Emir Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 26, 2019
Buhari had in 2015 said subsidy was fraudulent. Now he is secretly paying subsidy ruñning into trillions of naira.I thought he has long removed subsidy from petroleum which make fuel #145 pe litre.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by hannysur8(m): 5:40am On Jun 26, 2019
Is Ben Bruce personally using electric cars?

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 26, 2019
danieljoel759:

Following the recent statement given by Emir Sanusi Lamido that Fuel subsidy will bankrupt Nigeria, the Nigerian Senator, Ben Murray Bruce has agreed to that in a new Tweet. He also wrote on his bill on Nigeria using electric cars.

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/06/ben-murray-bruce-agrees-with-emir.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

The bankruptcy will be a great development

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by shadeyinka(m): 6:12am On Jun 26, 2019
Just2endowed2:

The best time to I remove subsidy would have been in 2012 but many Nigerians were blinded by propaganda then. While everyone choose to match on the street of Lagos condemning the then Jonathan government, I was of the only person among my family and friends that supported its removal. Now 7 years the line, removing subsidy is like removing a life line support of majority of nigeria. Let's bankrupt it na
Didn't Buhari remove the subsidy only to claim that it was re-inserted without the knowledge of anybody!

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by Bellotelli: 6:23am On Jun 26, 2019
Yes I agree, but whats ds man problem with
Electric cars.. Abi he wants the contract ni

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by onyeali(m): 6:23am On Jun 26, 2019
Don27tiky:
Why didn't he say that when he was a law maker.... Nigerian law Makers behave like they are ordinary citizens. you hear them making statements like "the government should do", " the government should understand that"

He said it even as a law maker, in fact he sponsored a bill which will make Nigeria to be importing electric cars but unfortunately the bill didn't pass first reading at the Senate and consequently it was thrown out.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by justmenoni: 6:26am On Jun 26, 2019
That's how you people will type based on your assumptions, non of the three countries you mentioned above have less than 2% of electric car usage, even at that so we should wait till it's 50% usage for them?

sureheaven:
Electric car to be used in Nigeria, this guy is a joke.

Even in advance countries like US, Canada, France and more, 1% don't use electric cars.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by itu404(m): 6:44am On Jun 26, 2019
Benekruku:
Ben talks without analyzing matters but anxious to tweet at all cost

What infrastructure and know-how does make electric cars fit into our system presently.

Its just a mirage for a Nigeria to be talking about electric cars in 2019. Not even in 2025.

Am certain he did not consider all factors before mentioning "Electric"

As for subsidy, he shot blank! He should be advocating for sincere refurbishment and tuning of our refineries as subsidy removal will put a heavy burden on the middle and low class citizens.
Even France and the Netherlands dare not go full electric on road even in 2030. France targets 2040

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by IITTA50: 6:45am On Jun 26, 2019
It is like i dont understand this country anymore
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by IMASTEX: 6:51am On Jun 26, 2019
sureboykris:
I thought Subsidy has been removed. What else do they want to remove?
In fact, this present administration once said there was nothing like subsidy during their campaign. But turnout to be the worse subsidy "loot" collection

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 26, 2019
cucumbae:
Buhari had in 2015 said subsidy was fraudulent. Now he is secretly paying subsidy ruñning into trillions of naira.I thought he has long removed subsidy from petroleum which make fuel #145 pe litre.
Poverty is the root of all purity
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by IITTA50: 6:54am On Jun 26, 2019
cucumbae:
it really baffles me o. Under jonathan regime #12.68 was paid as subsidy per a litre of fuel and it was sold on #99/100. Now in 2016 buhari said to reduce the scarcity of fuel the subsidy should be removed when it was removed instead of selling the fuel at #112.68 per litre we buy at #145 per litre so what subsidy again? i bet we are going to buy fuel at #365 per litre now

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 26, 2019
onyeali:

He said it even as a law maker, in fact he sponsored a bill which will make Nigeria to be importing electric cars but unfortunately the bill didn't pass first reading at the Senate and consequently it was thrown out.
The guy is just filled with trash.
Do we need senate to compel us to buy goods?
If they're acceptable and affordable, people will buy them without a bill
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by Sheggzyunited(m): 7:03am On Jun 26, 2019
But the salaries and excess bonuses of the senators even more than USA's senators n President cannot bankrupt Nigeria? Hypocrites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by Sheggzyunited(m): 7:05am On Jun 26, 2019
So Nigeria cannot afford refinery anymore? but Dangote can. I'm sorry for 9ja
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by inoki247: 7:12am On Jun 26, 2019
Buckubuck:

The guy is just filled with trash.
Do we need senate to compel us to buy goods?
If they're acceptable and affordable, people will buy them without a bill

Lol Custom go seize am. Try buy na wen u wan clear am ur eye go clear
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 26, 2019
Just expect pump price increment soon. Be on the look out. If you have idle funds , convert them to green back for keeps.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 26, 2019
inoki247:

Lol Custom go seize am. Try buy na wen u wan clear am ur eye go clear
So how is a bill going to reduce customs duty on electric cars?
Why would customs size it BTW?
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by mudiana(m): 7:20am On Jun 26, 2019
Abeg if dangote refinery starts working, shey there will still be subsidy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 7:56am On Jun 26, 2019
we all know that
Subsidy fraud will send NiggerArea to the gutter undecided
But Nigerians want it
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2019
Osazeeee:
Nigeria as a country has always prefer consumption to production. That is why I think we as a country that has raw materials such as crude oil, would prefer to export it overseas then import the finished products back to the country. I am proud to be a Nigerian but what a shame to our government who can not sincerely maintain and invest in building more refineries for a commodity that gives the country more than 90% of her revenve.

It's a shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by Samuelpluto: 9:11am On Jun 26, 2019
stupid fellows, if subsidy will drive the country into bankruptcy, what will the exhorbitant allowances of the politicians drive the country into. Bunch of hypocrites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by ashantitope: 9:39am On Jun 26, 2019
danieljoel759:

Following the recent statement given by Emir Sanusi Lamido that Fuel subsidy will bankrupt Nigeria, the Nigerian Senator, Ben Murray Bruce has agreed to that in a new Tweet. He also wrote on his bill on Nigeria using electric cars.

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/06/ben-murray-bruce-agrees-with-emir.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
Been Bruce park well we all the that there are some set of people that duping us with this subsidy but let go back because when people are complaining that year that GEJ remove subsidy you also support people then and now just because you raise a bill about electric car and nobody support you now u want us to start it now have you ever think how are we going to be charging it and secoyis our road network good for it guy abeg park one side
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by ObinnaObinna(m): 9:42am On Jun 26, 2019
I'm very surprised that this man is mentioning ELECTRIC CARS as a solution.
Electric cars? With what infrastructure? Who will charge them? Nigeria doesn't even cater to the power needs of its citizens talk more of electric cars.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by gaskiyamagana: 10:18am On Jun 26, 2019
This King will not keep qwayet till he is dethroned despite the fact that he is saying the truth.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by partnerbizz5(f): 10:22am On Jun 26, 2019
Just2endowed2:

The best time to I remove subsidy would have been in 2012 but many Nigerians were blinded by propaganda then. While everyone choose to match on the street of Lagos condemning the then Jonathan government, I was of the only person among my family and friends that supported its removal. Now 7 years the line, removing subsidy is like removing a life line support of majority of nigeria. Let's bankrupt it na

They will remove it and still embezzle it.
The poor masses become worse for it.

All the money recovered by Efcc, Osborne towers etc, where is it?

Even if we sell fuel 1k per litre, the money will still be stolen.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by LoveJesus87(m): 10:43am On Jun 26, 2019
ayusco85:

Don't go and work and hammer. FTC my arsee
Enemies of Success sighted. Jealousy cheesy
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by karo93: 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2019
Theoretically removal of subsidy frees us trillions of naira that should theoretically be used to improve the economy....

practically its not true. removal of subsidy frees up trillions of naira to be shared by the ruling class with the masses being poorer for it.

Nigeria once had such free money that could be used for development. it was called the excess crude account.....and one day the ruling class decided that the money should be shared.....and thats how every kobo saved from subsidy will be shared too. lets not deceive ourselves.

Its either the cabal in petrol import steal this money or the ruling class steals this money. either way we wont get more than our salaries at the end of the month

eventually its either corruption plus our expensive government plus allowances to traditional rulers bankrupt us or subsidy does. removal of subsidy wont stop that bankruptcy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by dochenaj: 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2019
The rate of inflation in Nigeria is terrible. If you look back 4 years ago, you would agree the actual inflation is way above what is reported by CBN.
I laugh at those, who claim that removal of subsidy on PMS will only affect the rich who own cars. That is borderline stupidity. Have you ever noticed how there is price hike each time there is fuel scarcity? The prices of PMS has always been the major driver of inflation in Nigeria, until we can produce all our PMS locally, it is gross insensitivity to remove subsidy completely.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Agrees With Emir Sanusi That Subsidy Will Bankrupt Nigeria by wink2015(m): 1:09pm On Jun 27, 2019
The "MAKING COMMONSENSE SENATOR"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For A Country That Does Not Have Much Resources, Uk Is A Rich Country. How ? / Daughter Of Emir Sanusi Opens Up About Her Father - VIDEO / Xenophobic Attack: IGP Places AIGs, CPs On Red Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.