Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? (1522 Views)

Why Nigerian Army Released 128 Boko Haram Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? by luvu567(f): 3:22am On Jan 17, 2006
Why are almost all the Nigerian movies out always bootleg?
Re: Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? by ladyj(f): 3:29am On Jan 17, 2006
DATS RIGHT. MOST OF A TIME WEN I WATCH A NIGERIAN DVD, IT IS NEVER CLEAR. ALSO DEY B TRYING SO HARD TO MAKE FILMS SEEM LIKE AMERICAN FILMS. IT AINT DAT SERIOUS. DEY NEED TO COE UP WIT SOMETHING NEW. DEY CAN START BY CHANGING NOLLYWOOD TO SOMETHING ORIGINAL
Re: Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? by luvu567(f): 3:33am On Jan 17, 2006
IM SAYIN THEY NEED TO STOP IT JUST AINT CALLED FOR. AND SOMETIMES IT BE SEEMIN LIKE THEY BE CASTING JUST ANYBODY IN THE MOVIES.
Re: Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? by 2nde(m): 3:35am On Jan 17, 2006
All they need is funding and possession of new technology, with that, i think they will be fine
Re: Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? by debanjee(m): 3:41am On Jan 17, 2006
t
Re: Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? by luvu567(f): 3:45am On Jan 17, 2006
yeah the stars wont make as much money as there suppose to. if copyright laws are inforced Nollywood would be really rich.
Re: Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? by jamilah: 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2006
well d reason y dat is ,is simply because evry wants 2 make a livin,una kno talk say no be evrybody wey go skul,so we just hav 2 endure.
Re: Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? by idiot(m): 3:52am On Mar 18, 2006
lol, they are not bootleg. . .that how the movie people put out their videos.

Sorry to disappoint you, but nigerian movie makers don't care about quality.

Have they not made enough money to buy higher resolution cameras. Is there not free software to encode video to DVD?

Is there not commercial dvd copying machines?

Are there not miniature microphones you can attach to the clothing of an actor which will go undetected?

Are there not carts you can place tripods on (cameraman too) so that when you do any scene where the camera chases a person, it is actually steady and not bouncing up and down like someone is holding it and walking about (which the cameraman is doing)

there are so many deficiencies which could be corrected with just a little time and effort. Sometimes, I wonder how lucrative it would be to hire actors to reenact the exact same movie, only this time, we up the quality of everything. I'd bet I'd outsell the original.

It's really sad. . shows how nigerians hog their money, they just get it and cant think about using it to improve anything.
Re: Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? by afrobeat: 10:03pm On Mar 30, 2006
idiot:

It's really sad. . shows how nigerians hog their money, they just get it and can't think about using it to improve anything.

In that respect i wonder about us sometimes. We really should use our money more wisely.

On the other hand, the Nigerian people keep on buying bootleg CDs. Why don't we buy the originals. You can go to the Jazzhole, Numetro e.t.c and other places to buy the original but we don't do that we would rather wind down the window of our cars and buy a pirated copy.

The other reason why I believe there are so many pirated copies is because in my opinion PMAN is not being creative enough. Why don't they do it the way malta guiness and indomie sell their products on the road. Get people who are dressed in uniform to sell the original products. In addition my sister believes that another way to combat piracy is for the musicians to pirate their own records. Why? because who is going to but a CD for 2500 naira. This is too expensive for the average person. These musicians need to make two types of CDs: the ones that they will sell in upscale stores and the ones that can be sold on the road. They should pirate their own Cds and sell them for less than what the people on the road are selling them for. In that way it will no longer be cheaper for the people pirating the Cds to do that because the musicians Cds will be cheaper.
Re: Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? by Raymand(m): 8:01am On Jul 28, 2006
I never ever buy nigerian films, i just rent them and if i somewhat like them i rip them to my hard drive, those films ain't worth my money!
Re: Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? by Oracle(m): 3:24am On Aug 12, 2006
Thatz not good Ray undecided undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? by Free(f): 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2006
hahaha lol
the is true africans for you

we never spent money on dvds and cds

ghanaians we do the same thing, i dont know anyone who ever buy movies or cd
Re: Why Nigerian Videos Or Cds Always Bootleg? by itstpia8: 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
are they?

(1) (Reply)

Online People Tracking / People With Razor Blade Tongue On Nairaland / Pls Help Me Oooooo My Zenith Bank Atm Card Had Been Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.