Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (1034) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1435019 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) ... (1437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2022
noobody:

With my experience,I wouldn't pay the extra 80usd,
From what your narrated,you and the seller are on the one in business,
Except you are in dire need of the solar generator.
Open a dispute,your claim should be tracking is not valid,since you could not track it.
Tell the shipper or whoever to return the item back to where it came from,trust me,they won't return it,because I am very sure the seller has paid all necessary duties,the shipper is trying to rip you off,
Because you did not make any of such arrangement with the shipper,I wonder where he expects you to get extra 80usd.
Open dispute,show evidence the tracking is not valid,tell the shipper to send it back to China,
He and the seller would ensure you get your item.
Kindly note this is my one cent based on what you explaines above.

Cheers.

Wow! You get sense my brother for this your comment! I talk am say the seller get ulterior motives for giving him untrackable number

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by AlphaTaikun: 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2022
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by noobody(m): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2022
Babalegba:
They might have paid the import tax for you or intend to pay the tax with the money.

Shippers don't charge extra,that is why people prefer shippers,they own custom licence to import and that is why we prefer shipping good though them.
They only charge per kg,which includes cost of clearing and forwarding.rather as a personal shopper you might encounter custom duties on such items.
Now back to the matter,did the seller inform him that he would ship via the shipper?
He paid for shipping,it's the duty of the seller to give him a trackable code.lets assume the seller is so nice and wants the customer to receive the item fast enough,he should have informed him ahead,
Not one shipper slaming a bill of 80usd on your head out of the blues.

I

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by noobody(m): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2022
Olamak1:

Wow! You get sense my brother for this your comment! I talk am say the seller get ulterior motives for giving him untrackable number
I still believethe seller had the best interest if the buyer at heart.
And for seller to have used a frieght forwarder,seller must have paid all that's involved ,I believe it the shipper trying to cash out on the buyer
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by noobody(m): 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2022
motymop:

It is pissing me off because i paid almost 32k for delivery and now i have to pay another $80

Open dispute,don't mention anything about 80usd duty to AliExpress,open dispute on grounds track code is invalid,you would win.
If the seller did his job well,he would instruct the shipper to release your item asap

5 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by noobody(m): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2022
Babalegba:
AliExpress made it clear in their t&cs that the customer is responsible for the import tax so you are unlikely to win a dispute based on that. You need to talk with the logistics company and if possible haggle the price downward. Even with the additional expenses,the product might still be cheaper bought from AliExpress than sourced for the Nigerian market.Do be very careful though as many logistics company cannot be trusted

You are very right,AliExpress made it clear in ther T and C,but in this case,
Seller should proof the tracking number he gave the buyer has custom duties on it.
Or rather still shipper should show the custom duties stamped by customs with the tracking number the buyer has,then he won't win.
But in this case ,he is 100% on the right track to win
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by noobody(m): 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2022
jboixxx:
Yes, you can if only the item was shipped with another courier other than the one you paid for. I'm 90% certain you'll win if you put up a good defence and reasonable partial refund.

If the above isn't the case, and the store didn't say anything about Duty fees in their terms and conditions, you may still try your luck but winning that is slim.

I won't go partial refund sef my boss,I will collect my thing complete, grin
Except buyer informed him he wanted to use shipper sha,

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2022
noobody:

I still believethe seller had the best interest if the buyer at heart.
And for seller to have used a frieght forwarder,seller must have paid all that's involved ,I believe it the shipper trying to cash out on the buyer

Hmn! Well understood.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by precious001(f): 6:40am On Sep 24, 2022
Hello guys. I have three packages that have been stuck on this (Departed for EMS-ONDO) update. The order in the screenshot I attached has been the longest (It's 5 days now). Should I be worried? Because I don't think Ondo is that far from Lagos. Someone in Edo state who ordered the same time as me has already received two packages.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Aminababa: 7:59am On Sep 24, 2022
Hey guys I ordered a parcel and was told it will be coming through cianio and I don't want it to be post office cause it takes although it's standard shipping how will I do
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by zeeprince(m): 9:05am On Sep 24, 2022
Hello, pls I'd like to order a redmi note 11 pro + , but my UBA visa card is not going through, what other alternative do I consider pls
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 9:13am On Sep 24, 2022
zeeprince:
Hello, pls I'd like to order a redmi note 11 pro + , but my UBA visa card is not going through, what other alternative do I consider pls
No bank will allow you to. Go chippercash or meet Noo.body for possible checkout.

Naira cards are limited to $20/month.

Welcome to the New Nigeria.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ab221(m): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2022
Aminababa:
Hey guys I ordered a parcel and was told it will be coming through cianio and I don't want it to be post office cause it takes although it's standard shipping how will I do
Check if the cianio ends with economy global or for special goods.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by edoman2016: 10:38am On Sep 24, 2022
Can someone else use his naira debit card to make payment on my behalf on aliexpress? Will aliexpress allow it since the customers name and address is different from the card information name? Won't they cancel the payment? I need opinion on this.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Aminababa: 11:11am On Sep 24, 2022
Please how many days does standard shipping takes
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Aminababa: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2022
[quote author=ab221 post=116964261it just said standard shipping
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Aminababa: 11:36am On Sep 24, 2022
My oder says standard shipping only it not attached with for special goods please hope it isn't Post office

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by anungangampu: 11:46am On Sep 24, 2022
Who knows what this Error means, I have been trying to purchase a goods of $19.51 from aliexpress, they kept showing this error message below but it seems they just deducted 1 dollar from the card. Making it $20.51 if I should keep trying . Yet the payment is yet to go through..

The card is Uba master card.
This js the first time this card is used on aliexpress
Aminababa:
My oder says standard shipping only it not attached with for special goods please hope it isn't Post office
... Standard shipping is Speedaf , Special good for economy "global" is speedaf.

But the new changes with most Caino shippings as of recent you have to be specific to the seller that you want NG, Caino super economy global not the their so-called Special goods category that usually ends up in Nipost.

Most goods with Caino economy global courier are being diverted to the Special category as of late. So its normal, you just have to accept the shipment if it ends in LP as a change of operation by Caino.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ab221(m): 11:51am On Sep 24, 2022
Aminababa:
[quote author=ab221 post=116964261it just said standard shipping
Ok it should be Speedaf not post office, hopefully.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by southsouthking(m): 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2022
What is the dollar rate to naira, and How can i pay for goods worth over a thousand dollar on Ali xpress.
I'm a newbie though, and I've been asking this particular question on this forum for long now, and no one seems to be answering me.

Any answer please?
Help a brother please it's urgent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2022
southsouthking:
What is the dollar rate to naira, and How can i pay for goods worth over a thousand dollar on Ali xpress.
I'm a newbie though, and I've been asking this particular question on this forum for long now, and no one seems to be answering me.

Any answer please?
Help a brother please it's urgent.

It depends on the rate you get your dollars.
Most people (shoppers) here got their dollars at a very favourable rate using their naira mastercard before the onset of this harsh economic realities. Now it is increasingly difficult. Now most people are using other means but at rates close to black market rate 700+ naira to dollar.

But u can reason out & explore other means.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2022
There is a raft of sellers on AliExpress currently selling the soundcore motion boom for 25 dollars with free DHL shipping thrown in as well grin. I do hope Nigerians with the longthroat syndrome are able to see this trap for what it is.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by motymop: 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2022
noobody:

With my experience,I wouldn't pay the extra 80usd,
From what your narrated,you and the seller are on the one in business,
Except you are in dire need of the solar generator.
Open a dispute,your claim should be tracking is not valid,since you could not track it.
Tell the shipper or whoever to return the item back to where it came from,trust me,they won't return it,because I am very sure the seller has paid all necessary duties,the shipper is trying to rip you off,
Because you did not make any of such arrangement with the shipper,I wonder where he expects you to get extra 80usd.
Open dispute,show evidence the tracking is not valid,tell the shipper to send it back to China,
He and the seller would ensure you get your item.
Kindly note this is my one cent based on what you explaines above.

Cheers.

I am happy, i didn't pay the $80.

So yesterday, i called the lady who sent me the text that i should pay the above amount to a certain Mr omotayo adetola abgaje of Top flight logistics Ltd, then i asked to speak to the said man to negotiate the amount. The lady who picked up said there was no Mr abgaje.

So today, i got a call from the same shipping company, they told me that my delivery is here and that they will deliver it to me.

I asked about the $80 payment, the man who i spoke to was confused, then i explained to him how i got a text message from a number who said i should pay $80 to one Mr abgaje. He asked me if i didn't pay for delivery to the seller.

So i am guessing that, the Mr abgaje was trying to scam me maybe because he had access to the delivery manifest.

6 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 24, 2022
motymop:

So yesterday, i called the lady who sent me the text that i should pay the above amount to a certain Mr omotayo adetola abgaje of Top flight logistics Ltd, then i asked to speak to the said man to negotiate the amount. The lady who picked up said there was no Mr abgaje.

So today, i got a call from the same shipping company, they told me that my delivery is here and that they will deliver it to me.

I asked about the $80 payment, the man who i spoke to was confused, then i explained to him how i got a text message from a number who said i should pay $80 to one Mr abgaje. He asked me if i didn't pay for delivery to the seller, i told him i did.

So i guessing that, the Mr abgaje was trying to scam him maybe because he had access to the delivery manifest.

Naija people with corruption mentality.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2022
motymop:

I asked about the $80 payment, the man who i spoke to was confused, then i explained to him how i got a text message from a number who said i should pay $80 to one Mr abgaje. He asked me if i didn't pay for delivery to the seller, i told him i did.

So i guessing that, the Mr abgaje was trying to scam him maybe because he had access to the delivery manifest.
Nigeria is just full of crooks.What a pathetic society.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by noobody(m): 4:39pm On Sep 24, 2022
motymop:

They know how desperate shoppers can be.
They wanted to manipulate that and extort you.
You still even called to tell them you wanted to negotiate.wrong move.
Like I said,seller has paid for everything to your delivery,they are meant to do there part,because they can't return it,
Them saying they don't know the said Mr agbaje na lie,they all know about it,just wanted to see if your desperation would lead you to make the payment.

Glad you got your item,

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by tiptoe1: 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2022
jboixxx:
No bank will allow you to. Go chippercash or meet Noo.body for possible checkout.

Naira cards are limited to $20/month.

Welcome to the New Nigeria.

Hello, with a dollar card, can I buy goods worth $1500? Or is there also a limit placed on domiciliary accounts?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Angel2424: 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2022
Pls I am new to Aliexpress. Just downloaded the app today and will like to place an order. I will like to ask a few questions and will appreciate any assistance

I have a stanbic naira mastercard. Can I make payment with it? Are there any limitations? The total order cost is 80dollar. If there are limiitations what other options do I have?

The shipping option is Aliexpress standard. Will the goods be delivered to my address or I have to pick it up at a post office? If post office, is there one in Victoria Island or Gbagada?

Am I required to pay any additional cost after paying for shipping? Is there any custom clearance cost or documents required? I am ordering baby clothes. Will appreciate any help. Thanks alot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) ... (1437) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.