Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (1083) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1434203 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) ... (1437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
Babalegba:
But you already have an account with them. Would they tell you that if you just walk in from the street without any prior dealings with them. They would be arrested for money laundering if they try that.

Interestingly, I never discussed that with the lady before she told me what to do. I think it's available for all and Sundry, provided you're able meet the requirements. When I left the banking Hall this morning, I decided to go online to gather more information on it. Then I discover that the prepaid dollar card is available for account holders and non-account holders.
Check the attached link below :

https://www.gtbank.com/personal-banking/cards/prepaid-cards/gtbank-prepaid-dollar-card

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Jess99: 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2022
SpeedRacer:

Gt bank?

4k for card maintenance or account maintenance?
Yes GT bank
For card maintenance
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Affiliateseun05: 3:37pm On Nov 18, 2022
Affiliateseun05:
hello house,i want to ask is it advicable to buy an iphone 13 pro max on aliexpress
is it
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jadajada: 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
ubreeze:
PREPAID DOLLAR CARD IS DIFFERENT FROM DOMICILIARY ACCOUNT CARD.
Let me explain as much as I can.
Domiciliary account is an account you open in a bank for foreign currencies and you can get an ATM card for it. When you get an ATM card for it, the funds in your Dom account can be accessed through the card when u want to make payments via card.
Now to PREPAID DOLLAR CARD, this is a stand alone card that is not linked to any bank account. For you to use it, You need to pay in physical Dollars over the counter at the bank. You can also ask someone who has a Dollar prepaid card to sell you funds, he can transfer from his card to yours ; I use UBA Prepaid Dollar card and this is the method i use to fund my card 99% of the times(see the screenshot attached).

Now to make the distinction very clear, lets assume you have a UBA dollar prepaid card and you also have a UBA dom account,
1. YOU CANNOT USE YOUR DOLLAR PREPAID CARD TO ACCESSS FUNDS IN YOUR DOM ACCOUNT!!!
2. YOU CANNOT TRANSFER MONEY FROM YOUR DOMICILARY ACCOUNT TO YOUR DOLLAR PREPAID CARD!!!
The 2 are completely different and are not linked in any way.

I have UBA, Zenith bank and Access domiciliary accounts, ATM cards linked to the Dom accounts and dollar Prepaid cards for each bank.
Of all, UBA is the easiest to get.
To open a dorm account or get a dollar prepaid card with UBA all u need are:
1. Means of identification: NIN, Voters card, Drivers Lincense or Intl Passport
2. Utility bill
3. A passport photograph
That is all!!!
And you must make a deposit of atleast $5 as initial deposit (just buy from a Mallam close to you).
They dont ask for referees or any of those long process.
However, I have one issue with their Dom account, YOU CANNOT TRANSFER FROM YOUR DOM ACCOUNT TO ANOTHER DOM ACCOUNT.
Access allows me to transfer from my Dom account to another Access Dom account ( I av not tried transfering to another bank's Dom account before).

I hope this ends the confusion, Domicilary account ATM is not the same as a PREPAID DOLLAR CARD! They can both be used for international purchases but they are not the same.

if I have funds in my prepaid dollar card, can I withdraw over the counter?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2022
I simply don't understand what the issue is about this prepaid/Dom card. If you need any, just go to the nearest branch and get your first hand information.

All these back and forth posts ain't necessary.

I was told I need a dorm account to have a Dollar card despite having active Savings and Current accounts with them.

The quality of information you get depends on the information the attending staff has and requirements for Dollar card/account of Bank A ≠ Bank B.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Destinylink(m): 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2022
ebene4nija

A big thanks to you Boss!

I took delivery of my order today.

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ObabyObaby: 6:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
Destinylink:

A big thanks to you Boss!

I took delivery of my order today.
he is a sure plug

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Cyril009(m): 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
kenebee:
Maybe they can't ship to your address
Do you know any procurement service I can use to buy it...
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by compwizard3(m): 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
Cyril009:

Which item??
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Jerien1: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
I found this on the webpage on Limits which is our major driving concern.

ATM Withdrawals $1,000 (or equivalent in the local currency of any transaction)
POS/WEB $5,000 (Quarterly limit)
Annual Spend Limit: $20,000
Olamak1:

Interestingly, I never discussed that with the lady before she told me what to do. I think it's available for all and Sundry, provided you're able meet the requirements. When I left the banking Hall this morning, I decided to go online to gather more information on it. Then I discover that the prepaid dollar card is available for account holders and non-account holders.
Check the attached link below :

https://www.gtbank.com/personal-banking/cards/prepaid-cards/gtbank-prepaid-dollar-card
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by HowGlorious: 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2022
sonssyo:
Abeg who have tried fidelity bank visa card recently

Nah! It doesn't work
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Chizip(m): 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
Please Why does Aliexpress keep on postponing the depute

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by okikigsm: 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
A seller shipped my item Tru another shipping method diff from d one on the item.i sent a msg to the seller but didn't reply till now.what do u think?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Affiliateseun05: 12:26am On Nov 19, 2022
Jerien1:
I found this on the webpage on Limits which is our major driving concern.

ATM Withdrawals $1,000 (or equivalent in the local currency of any transaction)
POS/WEB $5,000 (Quarterly limit)
Annual Spend Limit: $20,000
which bank
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Nyamuri: 4:41am On Nov 19, 2022
Can you make international transaction beyond 20$ with prepaid dollar account?

How much do u need to deposit as minimum before opening?
senator282:

You guys are confusing yourselves
Domiciliary Bank account is different from PREPAID DOLLAR CARD.
Walk into the bank tell them you need PREPAID DOLLAR CARD and not Domiciliary account

DOM ACCOUNT IS LIKE $50 Annual maintenance.

PREPAID DOLLAR CARD IS $10.
(Prepaid dollar card will automatically come with its own account number,that's the account number you will use to deposit money inside)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Nyamuri: 5:05am On Nov 19, 2022
For someone that wants to do international transaction e.g Aliexpress, which account will u recommend between Dom and prepaid?

Can you purchase beyond the 20$ limit on prepaid dollar account?
ubreeze:
PREPAID DOLLAR CARD IS DIFFERENT FROM DOMICILIARY ACCOUNT CARD.
Let me explain as much as I can.
Domiciliary account is an account you open in a bank for foreign currencies and you can get an ATM card for it. When you get an ATM card for it, the funds in your Dom account can be accessed through the card when u want to make payments via card.
Now to PREPAID DOLLAR CARD, this is a stand alone card that is not linked to any bank account. For you to use it, You need to pay in physical Dollars over the counter at the bank. You can also ask someone who has a Dollar prepaid card to sell you funds, he can transfer from his card to yours ; I use UBA Prepaid Dollar card and this is the method i use to fund my card 99% of the times(see the screenshot attached).

Now to make the distinction very clear, lets assume you have a UBA dollar prepaid card and you also have a UBA dom account,
1. YOU CANNOT USE YOUR DOLLAR PREPAID CARD TO ACCESSS FUNDS IN YOUR DOM ACCOUNT!!!
2. YOU CANNOT TRANSFER MONEY FROM YOUR DOMICILARY ACCOUNT TO YOUR DOLLAR PREPAID CARD!!!
The 2 are completely different and are not linked in any way.

I have UBA, Zenith bank and Access domiciliary accounts, ATM cards linked to the Dom accounts and dollar Prepaid cards for each bank.
Of all, UBA is the easiest to get.
To open a dorm account or get a dollar prepaid card with UBA all u need are:
1. Means of identification: NIN, Voters card, Drivers Lincense or Intl Passport
2. Utility bill
3. A passport photograph
That is all!!!
And you must make a deposit of atleast $5 as initial deposit (just buy from a Mallam close to you).
They dont ask for referees or any of those long process.
However, I have one issue with their Dom account, YOU CANNOT TRANSFER FROM YOUR DOM ACCOUNT TO ANOTHER DOM ACCOUNT.
Access allows me to transfer from my Dom account to another Access Dom account ( I av not tried transfering to another bank's Dom account before).

I hope this ends the confusion, Domicilary account ATM is not the same as a PREPAID DOLLAR CARD! They can both be used for international purchases but they are not the same.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by dietola01(m): 6:32am On Nov 19, 2022
Has anyone tried kudiwave ? I think Their rate is about 780/$

1 Share

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kenebee(m): 6:42am On Nov 19, 2022
Cyril009:

You can still buy it yourself on aliexpress
Try adding another address to aliexpress and see if they can ship to that one
Try changing it to a more popular place if you can
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 9:18am On Nov 19, 2022
Chizip:
Please Why does Aliexpress keep on postponing the depute

It looks like you selected "refund and return" in the options? Did you receive the item?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Chizip(m): 10:03am On Nov 19, 2022
No I didn't
Olamak1:

It looks like you selected "refund and return" in the options? Did you receive the item?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 11:25am On Nov 19, 2022
Chizip:
No I didn't

Then you should have selected "item not received" in the options. The option you selected is the reason Aliexpress keeps postponing their rulings. They expect you to send the item back to China before your refund is granted. You may have to reverse the dispute process and start all over again by choosing "items not received" as stated above. But I don't know whether it would still be possible for you to do that.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by BoldassBadasser(m): 11:48am On Nov 19, 2022
kenebee:

Most iPhones you order via aliexpress are refurbished so bear that in mind(screen might be changed, the battery also might have been changed stuff like that) Although I've seen some stores that you can select if you want a used or refurbished phone the former(used one) is more expensive
Ermm i dont think you should have to pay any custom charges although the people at nipost might want to get some money from you but if its through speedaf i think you're good to go
Most reviews i see on iphones especially from brazil cos they tax them a lot i see them writing ''i told the seller to declare a value of $50''(for instance) so maybe you could try that and see how it goes
You might not get it before December sha (I'm not sure tho)

Thank you sir, please how do I get the seller to ship via speedaf instead of nipost? Cause i don't have energy for nipost negativity at times.

Anybody can as well reply please
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Chizip(m): 7:29pm On Nov 19, 2022
Look at options I selected item was not received, past delivery time
Olamak1:

Then you should have selected "item not received" in the options. The option you selected is the reason Aliexpress keeps postponing their rulings. They expect you to send the item back to China before your refund is granted. You may have to reverse the dispute process and start all over again by choosing "items not received" as stated above. But I don't know whether it would still be possible for you to do that.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Enigma123: 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2022
If I get a prepaid card, will I need to fund it with dollars or I can find it with naira?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Enigma123: 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2022
If I get a GTB Dollar prepaid card, will I need to fund it with dollars or I can find it with naira?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Toluene15: 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
BoldassBadasser:

Thank you sir, please how do I get the seller to ship via speedaf instead of nipost? Cause i don't have energy for nipost negativity at times.

Chat with the seller and ask if he ships to Nigeria with logistic number NG****R.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Enigma123: 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2022
BoldassBadasser:

If you see Aliexpress standard delivery or Cainiao super economy global, then it means they ship with speedaf.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Brownshoe: 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2022
Don't even try that, if you don't want to waste money
BoldassBadasser:
Good afternoon everyone

Please i want to order iphone xs on AliExpress. I want to know if the package will come with custom charges. If yes, like how much ?? Or it's their a trick on how i can avoid these charges? Also can I get the package before the end of December??

I would really appreciate your response
Thanks!
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Brownshoe: 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2022
VegaSlick:
Hey guys. I'm sure someone has asked this question before but please what is the best way to bypass the $20 limit.
barter app, but their dollar is high
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Jamms316(m): 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
Who go fit checkout payment for me above $100
Brownshoe:
barter app, but their dollar is high
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ObabyObaby: 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2022
Jamms316:
contact ebene4nija,his number is on his profile

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Brownshoe: 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2022
Jamms316:
download Barter app from app store

(1) (2) (3) ... (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) ... (1437) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.