Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (1274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1435847 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) ... (1438) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by engrrasaq(m): 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2023
Paulino029:
Pardon me please, it's been long since I ordered from aliexpress. Please does EMS-Kwara signify that my package has arrived at the post office? I used my current location as shipping address i.e ilorin

Yes, EMS-kwara means Ilorin post office, i.e at the EMS section at the left entrance immediately you enter the post office.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jetoraphy(m): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2023
MY EXPERIENCE, FUNDING MY GOTOK CARD WITH BINANCE PAY

I have been seeing so many Gotok praisers here telling us to sign up with Gotok. That we can fund their card at cheaper rate of ₦755 per $1 or less.

It's all lies. Here is my experience today while doing so.

I purchased dollar at Binance this afternoon at the rate of ₦754.9 for $1.

I dedicated my ₦4,000 for this practical. With the ₦4000, I got $5.29 on my Binance USDT.

Then, login on my Gotok to top-up my visual USD card using Binance pay. I have to convert my USDT to BUSD. On the process, I was charged $0.095 and the money remain $5.19.

Gotok charges me 0.01% for topping up card and Binance charges 0.007% for conversation of USDT to BUSD.

I was left with $5.19.

Whereas, I should have just use Klasha or Chipper cash at the rate of ₦780 or ₦770 without any hustle.

4,000÷780 = $5.13

So because of $0.06, I have to go to all these stress in order to fund my card.

And at moment, $1 must remain on my card and can't be withdrawed. If you create a card with bank transfer, you cannot fund it with Binance pay and if you create a card with Binance pay, you cannot fund it via Bank card or transfer. So funny!

The worst of it all is that I cannot use the Gotok card to pay for anything on AliExpress. They will ask me for an Appeal, but when I opened the appeal page, I will not see the Gotok card among all the cards that I have used on AliExpress. When I want to withdraw my money back. I was left with just ₦2,900 out of the ₦4,000 that I invested.

I contacted their customer care, the system were telling me "We'll be back online on Monday". My first experience with Gotok.

I'm so disappointed!!

Did anyone experience this?

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Broskyjames: 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
Paulino029:

Yes I live in kwara, Ilorin precisely. Does that mean the package would be at speedaf office in ilorin?
yes, if it's close to you, you can go.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Ominie(m): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
jetoraphy:

I have been seeing so many Gotok praisers here telling us to sign up with Gotok. That we can fund their card at cheaper rate of ₦755 per $1 or less.

I dedicated my ₦4,000 for this practical. With the ₦4000, I got $5.29 on my Binance USDT.

Then, login on my Gotok to top-up my visual USD card using Binance pay. I have to convert my USDT to BUSD. On the process, I was charged $0.095 and the money remain $5.19.

Gotok charges me 0.01% for topping up card and Binance charges 0.007% for conversation of USDT to BUSD.

I was left with $5.19.

Whereas, I should have just use Klasha or Chipper cash at the rate of ₦780 or ₦770 without any hustle.

4,000÷780 = $5.13

And at moment, $1 must remain on my card and can't be withdrawed. If you create a card with bank transfer, you cannot fund it with Binance pay and if you create a card with Binance pay, you cannot fund it via Bank card or transfer. So funny!

The worst of it all is that I cannot use the Gotok card to pay for anything on AliExpress. They will ask me for an Appeal, but when I opened the appeal page, I will not see the Gotok card among all the cards that I have used on AliExpress. When I want to withdraw my money back. I was left with just ₦2,900 out of the ₦4,000 that I invested.

I contacted their customer care, the system were telling me "We'll be back online on Monday". My first experience with Gotok.

I'm so disappointed!!

Sorry for the disappointment, but most of your takes are green.
1. You should've bought busd directly to avoid the hassle of swapping.
2. You can fund your gotok account directly from your bank.
3. You don't need to appeal your gotok card if you follow the correct procedure. I didn't appeal mine.
4. Fund your account with the exact amount you need for AE purchase. You'd always be at the losing end if you wish to withdraw.
5. For those that are familiar with crypto, you can get busd for 700# or less grin
6. Gotok still remains the best.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 8:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
Blackelonmusk:
please what shipping company did you use and how long did it take?

I used Nonikings then, in Dec 2021. It took about 3 months via sea.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by SchimaLauren: 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
jetoraphy:

I was left with $5.19.

4,000÷780 = $5.13

I'm so disappointed!!

I left this Binance pay for crypto people ,I simply do bank transfer and now chipper rate is 795😂🤭,if you don’t have a plug for crypto p2p you can leave all those hassle and just fund through bank transfer and you can create 2 different cards (one for multiple use and one for just Aliexpress shopping ).
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by emeraldlife: 9:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
jetoraphy:

Check your email address for the full address of your pick-up location (Awka).

Thanks.
The office even Dey close to me
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jetoraphy(m): 9:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ominie:

3. You don't need to appeal your gotok card if you follow the correct procedure. I didn't appeal mine.

I don't know which other procedures that is expected from me. I might be novice with cryto but not with AliExpress.

I have used about 10 cards on AliExpress without problem. Why is gotok giving me issues.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jetoraphy(m): 9:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
SchimaLauren:

I left this Binance pay for crypto people ,I simply do bank transfer and now chipper rate is 795😂🤭,if you don’t have a plug for crypto p2p you can leave all those hassle and just fund through bank transfer and you can create 2 different cards (one for multiple use and one for just Aliexpress shopping ).

Chipper Cash at moment is ₦780.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Ifeanyi4491(m): 9:17pm On Jun 02, 2023
jetoraphy:

I was left with $5.19.

4,000÷780 = $5.13

I'm so disappointed!!

If you are new to crypto world please avoid Gotok....
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Ominie(m): 9:30pm On Jun 02, 2023
jetoraphy:

I don't know which other procedures that is expected from me. I might be novice with cryto but not with AliExpress.

I have used about 10 cards on AliExpress without problem. Why is gotok giving me issues.

The name on your card is it the same as the one on your AE account? If yes,

Someone once suggested using a desktop for first time new card purchase.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jetoraphy(m): 9:30pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ifeanyi4491:
If you are new to crypto world please avoid Gotok....

My major problem here wasn't about crypto.

I can't use the card that I created on AliExpress. That's my problem.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jetoraphy(m): 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ominie:

Okay! Let me try it on Desktop.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jetoraphy(m): 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ominie:

I have tried it on Desktop, but the problem persist.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by lateefykn84(m): 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
jetoraphy:

I have tried it on Desktop, but the problem persist.
add your card before payment
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 10:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ominie:

4. Fund your account with the exact amount you need for AE purchase. You'd always be at the losing end if you wish to withdraw.
5. For those that are familiar with crypto, you can get busd for 700# or less grin

God bless you for this your comment! Prople need to know that Gotok is not enforced on anybody, and making use of the platform is purely a personal decision.
Personally, I've tried a couple of other fintech platforms but come to the conclusion that gotok beats them hands down. That is why I stick to it and can also recommend it for anybody.

Like you said, I've discovered that one can get dollar on Binance at a rate cheaper that even the cheapest rate at any point in time ( you must possess the know- how)

Besides, am also aware that as a beginner, one pays a certain amout as fee for conversion of usdt to busd. But with time, the conversion becomes free ( that is my personal experience – had 21 usdt converted to BUSD for free yesterday).

In addition, the only time I appealed my card was when my payments for a particular item were declined severally. Later I got to know that the problem was not with the card , but Aliexpress. They didn't want me to buy that particular item — a choice item with fantastic reduction in price.

Talking about customer support, I can vouch that they have one off the best supports ever because I've had the opportunity of chatting with them on 3 different occasions, and their response was prompt. Those were the times I had the payment challenge I made mention above.
....... Until I see a better option, Gotok remains my number one choice.

5 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jetoraphy(m): 10:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
lateefykn84:
add your card before payment

I did as you said and was charged $1 which was reversed in few minutes.

But AliExpress Keep on demanding for an Appeal, but when I opened the appeal page, I will not see the Gotok card among all the cards that I have used on AliExpress so the I will select it and submit the appeal.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jetoraphy(m): 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
Olamak1:

God bless you for this your comment! Prople need to know that Gotok is not enforced on anybody, and making use of the platform is purely a personal decision.
Personally, I've tried a couple of other fintech platforms but come to the conclusion that gotok beats them hands down. That is why I stick to it and can also recommend it to anybody.

Like you said, I've discovered that one can get dollar on Binance at a rate cheaper that even the cheapest rate at any point in time ( you must possess the know- how)

Besides, am also aware that as a beginner, one pays a certain amout as fee for conversion of usdt to busd. But with time, the conversion becomes free ( that is my personal experience – had 21 usdt converted to BUSD for free yesterday).

In addition, the only time I appealed my card was when my payments for a particular item were declined severally. Later I got to know that the problem was not with the card , but Aliexpress. They didn't want me to buy that particular item — a choice item with fantastic reduction in price.

Talking about customer support, I can vouch that they have one off the best supports ever because I've had the opportunity of chatting with them on 3 different occasions, and their response was prompt. Those were the times I had the payment challenge I made mention above.
....... Until I see a better option, Gotok remains my number one choice.

Do you have any solution to this my problem with Gotok card?

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
jetoraphy:

Do you have any solution to this my problem with Gotok card?

Leave that particular product and try your payment with something similar, or a diffent item entirely. I mean ''non choice" product
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jetoraphy(m): 11:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
Olamak1:

Leave that particular product and try your payment with something similar, or a diffent item entirely. I mean ''non choice" product

What I'm paying for is not even CHOICE item. It just usb bulb that I don't even need. I was just using it to test the card.

I was planning to use this Gotok to pay for this SanDisk Ssd, if I confirmed it working.

But I was disappointed.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jetoraphy(m): 11:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
I have tried buying another thing and it's still saying the same thing. I'm fade up.

I have even contacted AliExpress customer service, but they couldn't offer solution to the problem.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lucasinho(m): 12:21am On Jun 03, 2023
Ominie:

How?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by King234(m): 12:35am On Jun 03, 2023
Ominie:

Busd for less than #700?
For this crypto space way I dey so? 🤨🤨
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jetoraphy(m): 12:39am On Jun 03, 2023
Finally, it's over.

The payment was successful.

SOLUTION: I used my second phone to login using UC browser and the payment went smoothly.

I thank everyone of you that responded in one way or the other to offer solution to this my problem.

@Ominie
@SchimaLauren
@emeraldlife
@Ifeanyi4491
@lateefykn84
@Olamak1

I appreciate everyone of you. Big thanks!

5 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 12:54am On Jun 03, 2023
King234:

Busd for less than #700?
For this crypto space way I dey so? 🤨🤨
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 2:57am On Jun 03, 2023
jetoraphy:
Finally, it's over.

The payment was successful.
All these while you've been battling with a "ghosted appeal", it was your phone cache that's been troubling you.

Sha be ready later to Appeal that card in the future. It may be a year from now or your next order. AliExpress did me that recently! Was forced to Appeal a card that I'd forgotten I'd ever used (Naira MasterCard) before I could purchase anything successfully. This was despite the fact that I've used my (Appealed) Dom card severally after the Naira MasterCard.

AliExpress is just mehh! Their algorithm get as it be.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Kennyflyair: 3:47am On Jun 03, 2023
You guys should give tutorial on how we can gen Dollar at 700 and below as some are claiming. Shoe us road abeg

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by oyix(m): 7:30am On Jun 03, 2023
Please can I use a funded GTB Dollar Card to buy things on aliexpress?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ganie(m): 7:46am On Jun 03, 2023
Good morning all, with this tracking details can I go to Speedaf's office to pick up the package or I should still wait for them.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 8:40am On Jun 03, 2023
ganie:
Good morning all, with this tracking details can I go to Speedaf's office to pick up the package or I should still wait for them.
I'll wait if I were you.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 8:40am On Jun 03, 2023
oyix:
Please can I use a funded GTB Dollar Card to buy things on aliexpress?
It's Dollar card, so, yes.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by BannedUser: 9:16am On Jun 03, 2023
Kennyflyair:
You guys should give tutorial on how we can gen Dollar at 700 and below as some are claiming. Shoe us road abeg

You can't buy Dollars at 700 as at now though it might have been possible a few days ago when there was a rumour that CBN devalued Naira to ₦630/$ and will be maintaining a single exchange rate for both official and back market rates.
This news led to panic selling on Binance USDT/NGN spot market and some people that already had buy orders at around 700 were able to buy dollars for cheap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) ... (1438) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: sonssyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.