Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,805 members, 7,806,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1433294 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (1437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Superboss: 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
DavisBloom:

Depends on the shipping method you choose
You will get your items hopefully, it be like that most times with NIPOST
unregistered can't be tracked when they arrive 9ja

Tanks man
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2021
mboii:

Thanks for the comments brother's". My Anker soundcore boast on its way to Naija o"I'm happy cheesy!
I'll try do some reviews when it's by me wink

RU abi
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mikron(m): 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
HowGlorious:

AliExpress service does remove negative feedbacks like the way mod here remove our comments, not a guarantee
there are some negetive feed backs and reviews I read there too. Do they also adjust the stars for each shop and seller too? I think not
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by saint2ace(m): 4:00pm On Aug 19, 2021
Nsayorbung:

Does it cut down on their recent exorbitant shipping fees?

Nope
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by DavisBloom(m): 11:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
Lixusheng:

RU abi
Better than RB?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 2:31am On Aug 20, 2021
DavisBloom:

Better than RB?

Far far

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by DOMINO001: 3:52am On Aug 20, 2021
Good morning my elders in the house. Please I want a guide. I opened a dispute for a package that I bought since May. Up till now it has not gotten to me.
Now the seller is requesting I cancel the dispute first and wait for the expiration of the extended time.
What is the consequences of cancelling or not cos I have not opened dispute on AE before?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by farells(m): 6:40am On Aug 20, 2021
Guys, what's the best Bank card for shopping from AE, and it's limit?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by busuyi44: 7:20am On Aug 20, 2021
ceaser:
And so I fell victim to "Combined delivery" wàhálà of AliExpress. Items that were initially billed for 2 weeks delivery on "Speedaf" now sent to the gallows of 90 days delivery on Singapore Post and the idiosyncrasies and illegal billings of NIPOST.

One package has two items combined. Another has five freaking items combined. I mean like WTF! So I got to now live with the absolute uncertainty of getting whole 7 items delivered to me when I could have managed with the odds of 5 (Speedaf items) out of 7 items making it safely to me.

This nonsense that AliExpress is experimenting with will cause a lot of trouble for Nigerian buyers as long as NIPOST's inefficiencies continue, coupled with the problems with Singapore Post items to Nigeria.

It will have made great sense for AliExpress to co-opt "Speedaf" on this combined delivery thing. Then there will be absolute certainty of items being delivered and on time for that matter.

Phew! I've resigned to my fate.

Mine too combined but they still maintained NG..R tracking number format. The items are household and phone accessories combined. Total worth $18.84 from 5 different sellers

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by busuyi44: 7:25am On Aug 20, 2021
farells:
Guys, what's the best Bank card for shopping from AE, and it's limit?

Try Gtb MasterCard N460/$ or GoMoney virtual MasterCard N440/$. Both have $100 monthly limit

Virtual Visa card from Barter by Flutterwave has no limit but d rate doesn't smile >N510/$. This is your best option if you want to buy something above $100

Check Google Play Store for Gomoney and Barter by Flutterwave

Good morning. Peace!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by buoye1(m): 8:32am On Aug 20, 2021
Post office just called me to come pick my stuff up, I'm so happy because the shipping option i used is the one without tracking, i ordered 15th July and I'm traveling out of my current location tomorrow and won't be returning soon , i was just hoping they'll call and they just did.

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by DavisBloom(m): 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2021
Lixusheng:

Far far
grin This your reply boss , be like RB don too do you things
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2021
DavisBloom:

grin This your reply boss , be like RB don too do you things

RB singpost shipped from Hong Kong de usually de miss fr road... Aliexpress sef gat tire change carrier... Nor b clear eye... But items frm Shenzhen na Speedaf NG dem de use

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by anozie09(m): 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2021
Good day people. I placed this order on 22nd of July from DHGATE, the tracking is RVxxxxxxxxxCN. The tracking has been on this since 4th of this month. What does it mean please?

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by DavisBloom(m): 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2021
Lixusheng:

RB singpost shipped from Hong Kong de usually de miss fr road... Aliexpress sef gat tire change carrier... Nor b clear eye... But items frm Shenzhen na Speedaf NG dem de use
Oh wow, and most of these combined parcels are on RB, hopefully they don't end up like that
This RU is slow sha, but better late than never
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
DavisBloom:

Oh wow, and most of these combined parcels are on RB, hopefully they don't end up like that
This RU is slow sha, but better late than never

D RU is slow but sure of coming. The combined items are shipped from Shenzhen so u wl get dem

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by DavisBloom(m): 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2021
Lixusheng:

D RU is slow but sure of coming. The combined items are shipped from Shenzhen so u wl get dem
Omo you don sabi this people wells
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Uchepele(m): 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2021
DavisBloom:

Omo you don sabi this people wells
He get shares with AliExpress self
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2021
busuyi44:

Mine too combined but they still maintained NG..R tracking number format. The items are household and phone accessories combined. Total worth $18.84 from 5 different sellers

Lucky you. I envy you though. grin You still get to taste the best of both worlds - Combined delivery plus Fast, reliable logistics (speedaf).

Things can't get any sweeter.

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by DavisBloom(m): 6:56pm On Aug 20, 2021
Uchepele:

He get shares with AliExpress self
grin grin grin grin
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Chrisbella24(f): 12:56am On Aug 21, 2021
ceaser:

You should have also included the screenshot of the total cost (including shipping) on AE. That way peeps will know the price difference.

Also in the Jumia price since the item is Jumia global item, quote the total costs including price of item plus customs clearing price plus "shipping to Nigeria" cost. Then proper comparison between the costs on Jumia and AE can be made to see if it is worth the stress or not.

Edited: I just checked back the Jumia screenshot and it seems the item is not Jumia global. Meaning it is likely already on ground and total cost is 34k including 1k shipping.

So provide AliExpress screenshot of the item's total cost for better comparison.

OMo, the way you answer questions here ehn?

You're good! kiss

I get question wey I wan ask.

I want to order Redmi note 8(2021).. Should I go ahead and order? (this is cheaper tho) Or just get it from slot here in Nigeria (To avoid stories that touches)

Thanks
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 1:44am On Aug 21, 2021
Chrisbella24:

OMo, the way you answer questions here ehn?

You're good! kiss

I get question wey I wan ask.

I want to order Redmi note 8(2021).. Should I go ahead and order? (this is cheaper tho) Or just get it from slot here in Nigeria (To avoid stories that touches)

Thanks

If your item is to get to you from China, it will have to scale a lotta hurdles.

There is this ugly trend with customs officials drooling over electronic gadgets imported into Nigeria, especially thru AE. So they tend to slap depressing, inhibitory and mind boggling import duties on such items. Apple gadgets and Xiaomi appears to top the list. Know this that legally, the officials at random or deliberately open up packages to check what is in it, so they always know when it is a phone. So even if you originally bought it for cheap, you may end up paying more than you will had you bought it here. In the very rarest of cases though, the item escapes custom's scrutiny.

Then there is this problem with hmmm, NIPOST. That one too na another story of either delayed, lost in transit or stolen item. Both scenarios bring the challenges to an anecdotal high 70%.

Now you may want to consider expedited shipping like DHL and Co to handle your item which gives you some assurances over NIPOST's inefficiencies and even quick delivery within 2 weeks with adequate tracking, but it will likely not escape custom's scrutiny.

Now there is also this "version" issue with Xiaomi mobile phones, something I'm yet to understand fully but which I believe will have experts about it on this thread. Chinese version, global version, Chinese ROM, global ROM are all the terms used and it is usually adviced that for Nigerian user, it is safer to go for one particular version over another.

There is also the problem of quality or product imitation from useless sellers on AE, although reading buyers' reviews on the sellers can save you the headache and help you identify authentic from fake sellers. There are also dedicated Xiaomi stores on AE which always sell original devices.

Then comes the issue of warranty. I'm not sure you can get that for mobile phones purchased on AE.

A clear advantage of AE over SLOT that I can think of is that exotic and new upgraded versions of products show up on AE much faster than they do on SLOT, although such devices eventually find their way into the Nigerian Market after a few months.

If you alternatively decide to get it from SLOT, you will be saved custom's wàhálà, you will physically see your device and probably have a few minutes of hands-on-experience before you make your decision to purchase, you gat no painful waiting period no matter how short and finally you get your warranty on purchased devices. Some warranties of some products in SLOT even go up to two years, I think. Opting for SLOT may mean you will pay higher though.

So I think purchasing your device locally will be a better option.

I myself have bought a phone only once on AE and deliberately it was a refurbished device. I am not comfortable buying new phone on AE. That was 4 years ago and a device as old as a Lumia device will only be available as refurbished. It was a Lumia 1520 (being a Windows phone/Nokia fan). Custom's wàhálà was not this rife then and even if it was, I doubt they'll drool over an unpopular Windows device as they will over apple. I still plan to purchase mobile phones on AE in the nearest future, but mainly vintage ones, just for the keeps and just to stand a little different from the pop culture of sophisticated devices. I love the idea of spotting a flip phone/device from yesteryears. My options for now are Nokia 3250 (had one before that I bought brand new 16 years ago), Motorola RAZR, and maybe the Lumia 950xl.

4 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Chrisbella24(f): 1:48am On Aug 21, 2021
ceaser:

If your item is to get to you from China, it will have to scale a lotta hurdles.

There is this ugly trend with customs officials drooling over electronic gadgets imported into Nigeria, especially thru AE. So they tend to slap depressing, inhibitory and mind boggling import duties on such items. Apple gadgets and Xiaomi appears to top the list. Know this that legally, the officials open up these packages to check what is in it, so they always know what is inside. So even if you originally bought it for cheap, you may end up paying more than you will had you bought it here. In the quite rarest of cases though, the item escapes custom's scrutiny.

Then there is this problem with hmmm, NIPOST. That one too na[i][/i] another story of either delayed, lost in transit or stolen item. Both scenarios bring the challenges to a high 70%

Now you may want to consider expedited shipping like DHL and Co to handle your item which gives you some assurances over NIPOST's inefficiencies and even quick delivery within 2 weeks with adequate tracking, but it will likely not escape custom's scrutiny.

Now there is also this "version" issue with Xiaomi mobile phones, something I'm yet to understand fully but which I believe will have experts about it on this thread. Chinese version, global version, Chinese ROM, global ROM are all the terms used and it is usually adviced that for Nigerian user, it is safer to go for one particular version over another.

There is also the problem of quality or product imitation from useless sellers on AE, although reading buyers' reviews on the sellers can save you the headache and help you identify authentic from fake sellers. There are also dedicated Xiaomi stores on AE which always sell original devices.

Then comes the issue of warranty. I'm not sure you can get that for mobile phones purchased on AE.

A clear advantage of AE over SLOT that I can think of is that exotic and new upgraded versions of products show up on AE much faster than they do on SLOT, although such devices eventually find their way into the Nigerian Market after a few months.

If you alternatively decide to get it from SLOT, you will be saved custom's wàhálà, you will physically see your device and probably have a few minutes of hands-on-experience before you make your decision to purchase, you gat no painful waiting period no matter how short and finally you get your warranty on purchased devices. Some warranties of some products in SLOT even go up to two years, I think. Opting for SLOT may mean you will pay higher though.

So I think purchasing your device locally will be a better option.

I myself have bought a phone only once on AE and deliberately it was a refurbished device. I am not comfortable buying new phone on AE. That was 4 years ago and a device as old as a Lumia device will only be available as refurbished. It was a Lumia 1520 (being a Windows phone/Nokia fan). Custom's wàhálà was not this rife then and even if it was, I doubt they'll drool over an unpopular Windows device as they will over apple. I still plan to purchase mobile phones on AE in the nearest future, but mainly vintage ones, just for the keeps and just to stand a little different from the pop culture of sophisticated devices. I love the idea of spotting a flip phone/device from yesteryears. My options for now are Nokia 3250 (had one before that I bought brand new 16 years ago), Motorola RAZR, and maybe the Lumia 950xl.
shocked shocked I'm shocked..

How many years experience do you have?
OMG!
YOUR REPLIES ARE SO DETAILED.

Thank you very much.
I really do appreciate

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 3:29am On Aug 21, 2021
So, China Post Registered Air Mail is still in existence or AEx just brought them back!
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by farells(m): 4:01am On Aug 21, 2021
busuyi44:

Try Gtb MasterCard N460/$ or GoMoney virtual MasterCard N440/$. Both have $100 monthly limit

Virtual Visa card from Barter by Flutterwave has no limit but d rate doesn't smile >N510/$. This is your best option if you want to buy something above $100

Check Google Play Store for Gomoney and Barter by Flutterwave

Good morning. Peace!!

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 4:48am On Aug 21, 2021
jboixxx:
So, China Post Registered Air Mail is still in existence or AEx just brought them back!

Our unpredictable CPRAM
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 7:37am On Aug 21, 2021
Just love our Speedaf.

Order date: 26th July

Delivered: 17th August

No long story. No charges. No "Anything for the boys?" Just pure service. grin

6 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Skyla0852: 8:55am On Aug 21, 2021
Please I want to buy a flash drive from Aliexpress with the of NTFS format.. Who have experience on flash drives on aliexpress
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 9:04am On Aug 21, 2021
Skyla0852:
Please I want to buy a flash drive from Aliexpress with the of NTFS format.. Who have experience on flash drives on aliexpress

Flash drives don't come with NTFS Format you do the change of format yourself when formatting.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 10:19am On Aug 21, 2021
jboixxx:

'China post Registered air Mail' back on Aliexpress? Oh, that would be great.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by aminusodiq(m): 10:24am On Aug 21, 2021
aieromon:

Contact the dispatch rider using the number on the tracking page.

thanks for your response I got my consignments

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by aminusodiq(m): 10:25am On Aug 21, 2021
Ceaser

"Delivery failed" does not literarily imply what it means. In NIPOST context, it simply means that your item has reached its last bus stop, is with them and awaiting collection.

So you might wanna contact your local PO.
thanks for your response I got my consignment

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (1437) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: Moleculle and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.