Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,876 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:44 AM

Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu (18379 Views)

Victor Banjo: A Book By Deji Yesufu / Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by SMBH: 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2019
Lovelyn451:
Everybody will start writing history and politics on top this matter, even Gen.Abdulsalami Abubakar don enter the matter ...interesting

Evenlyn how far now
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Lovelyn451(f): 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2019
SMBH:

Evenlyn how far now

hmmmm
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
laudate:

And you believed his story? Which university did he get the PhD from?

Then someone would have said a lie since, because I know people in Nigeria are good than CIA
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2019
SMBH:

Evenlyn how far now

Abi Lovleyn?
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by SMBH: 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2019
Lovelyn451:
hmmmm

I'll take that as I'm fine, Thank you.

What's your take on the matter?
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2019
Awon @ss lickers association.
Soyinka in his prime won't give up his seat for
William Shakespeare or
Alexander the Great.
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by SMBH: 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Abi Lovleyn?

All join lol grin
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by ogashman(m): 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2019
Prof would have used our services to book a window seat and thereby avoided this embarrassment.

See signature
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Lovelyn451(f): 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2019
SMBH:

I'll take that as I'm fine, Thank you.

What's your take on the matter?

Its lovelyn not evelyn
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Weedcrusher: 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2019
adoyi8:

Exactly. I don't cry for Nigeria. We are exactly where we suppose to be.

Honestly brother, we deserve every shitty leaders we have had till date. I hope you're not in Naija, and if you're, please find your way out to a developed country and experience what it feels like living in a country that appreciate values
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
gypsey:
Proff, is an Idiot, he claims to be educated but behaving like a moronic Illiterate, could he not read the seat number written on his own flight ticket? if he wants to he respected he should have sat on his allocated seat or flied on his own private Jet.

Broke ass Proff. who he epp?.
That doesn't mean you should insult the Prof at least show some respect.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by kapelvej: 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2019
adoyi8:
I totally agree with OP.

Soyinka is travelling with people like that rude boy because he refused to join politics and steal Nigeria's common wealth. He once described the system of government practiced in Nigeria as Kleptocracy.

Believe in Karma at your own peril. Soyinka that once put Nigeria on the literary world map is now being publicly insulted while thieving politicians are worshiped by Nigerian youths.
he joke is on you. The Karma here is that Soyinka helped bring on this lawless government on Nigerians. Karma is always on point

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by SMBH: 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2019
Lovelyn451:
Its lovelyn not evelyn

Okay Lovelyn can we have a private convo?
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Rajosh(m): 9:00pm On Jun 26, 2019
Op said woke has been influencing the world before the boy's father was born.

That line alone is a confirmation that OP doesn't have sense. No point reading the rest of his gibberish.
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by shogsman(m): 9:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
This shows how disintegrated we've become to our culture,theoretically this country is where it's supposed to be because we are our own problem.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by shogsman(m): 9:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
Rajosh:
Op said woke has been influencing the world before the boy's father was born.

That line alone is a confirmation that OP doesn't have sense. No point reading the rest of his gibberish.

I'm afraid you're the ignorant one here, cultivate the act of reading and understanding.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Rajosh(m): 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2019
shogsman:

I'm afraid you're the ignorant one here, cultivate the act of reading and understanding.
you can say whatever you like but only unintelligent people make their points by being sentimental. Don't quote me. I won't answer again. I don't have that time.
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Ifyz0001: 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2019
The problem that the youth face today is as a result of our fathers. The lack of respect for adult is as a result of failure of the parents of the child.

We have to remember that courtesy demands that Prof. should have sat on his seat and waited for the young man to arrive before "humbly making his request".

If this had happened, the young man would have learnt something that day, something called "humility". But no the pride of a prof. wouldn't have allowed that happen.

Elders fail to realize that, regardless of age you still need to respect your younger ones in other to teach them "humility". OUR LEADERS ARE NO LONGER HUMBLE, they feel they are to be worshipped, forgetting they were once ordinary citizens before climbing up the ladder.

It pains me that our leaders don't want to do any good thing so as to make themselves membered for a good things. Everybody is just working for their selfish ego.

Prof. was looking to massage his ego, but he got the shock of his life.

Sorry to say, but elders of these days don't respect themselves anymore, let alone expecting the young ones to respect them.
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by adoyi8: 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2019
kapelvej:
he joke is on you. The Karma here is that Soyinka helped bring on this lawless government on Nigerians. Karma is always on point

If he was harassed by a government official or military personel, fine. but What does bringing on this government has to do with this issue.
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by DAVE5(m): 10:29pm On Jun 26, 2019
adoyi8:
I totally agree with OP.

Soyinka is travelling with people like that rude boy because he refused to join politics and steal Nigeria's common wealth. He once described the system of government practiced in Nigeria as Kleptocracy.

Believe in Karma at your own peril. Soyinka that once put Nigeria on the literary world map is now being publicly insulted while thieving politicians are worshiped by Nigerian youths.

I read something somewhere and it goes thus

Not in exact words though

“When good (brave, knowledgeable, wise, meek, honest, humble, loving, caring, charitable, strong willed) people decide not to involve themselves in the affairs of the state (either for fear of being turned evil, corrupted, initiated, hunted or any other reason), what we have left to run the affairs would offcourse be the evil ones”

According to op, he turned down the offer to preside over Nigeria’s affairs, who knows if Nigeria would have been a paradise if only he accepted it

Que será, será
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 26, 2019
Mccullum:

The types of people, that's the type of country we build... Very disappointed in your comments. This is not disrespectful issues alone, this is arrogant and intolerable acts by the young man that eroded the sense of showing love and care to an aged man.

U weren't disappointed wen the aged man endorsed an 80 year old dictator for president.
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 26, 2019
laudate:

You wouldn't understand it. It contains too much wisdom, intelligence, and good values that are alien to the likes of you.

Take ur useless wisdom to ogbomosho
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by adoyi8: 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2019
DAVE5:

I read something somewhere and it goes thus

Not in exact words though

“When good (brave, knowledgeable, wise, meek, honest, humble, loving, caring, charitable, strong willed) people decide not to involve themselves in the affairs of the state (either for fear of being turned evil, corrupted, initiated, hunted or any other reason), what we have left to run the affairs would offcourse be the evil ones”

According to op, he turned down the offer to preside over Nigeria’s affairs, who knows if Nigeria would have been a paradise if only he accepted it

Que será, será

Well I agree with you on this and this is one of the dilemma facing Nigeria, Good people do not want to involve themselves in politics so we are left with thugs and greedy business men.
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Estellie: 10:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
Ausrichie:
In this world there are rules the so called white haired sage cannot try this outside of Nigeria even a five year old would tell you that it is his seat follow the rules simply I hate sycophants imagine such nonsense those people insulting the youth cannot come and say a single word about the reign of terror in this country all they can do is to sit at home and talk like foxes who are afraid of the wolves the boy who did it has not spoken since the guy is mature for that.
. Shut the hell up! pls. ''so called white haired sage''
Y'all have lost your manners and respect in this country. Call it civilization? I call it BS... A 5 year old kid abroad would tell him to stand up because he or she does not know who Soyinka is, turn the situation around and watch the kid go starstruck..

I hate nonsense...

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Chiemeka1: 11:20pm On Jun 26, 2019
I thought this one will give us poem.
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by einsteine(m): 11:47pm On Jun 26, 2019
The whole world does not revere Wole Soyinka. Infact 99 percent of people in the world don't know him.

Next argument please.
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by koolaid87: 1:14am On Jun 27, 2019
PhenomenalAustin:

You quote the whole story to post this ugly dog?

Dem suppose sacrifice you to the gods

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Mccullum: 6:09am On Jun 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

U weren't disappointed wen the aged man endorsed an 80 year old dictator for president.

Age is nothing after qualifications for any positions without age limit but trust worthiness is the key in such case...

Even if you are not glad for his support on Buhari's presidency, it's still inhuman to support bad attitude in our society.
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by figoperch: 6:15am On Jun 27, 2019
Lovelyn451:
Everybody will start writing history and politics on top this matter, even Gen.Abdulsalami Abubakar don enter the matter ...interesting

I tire o. Even presidential slot don involve.
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 27, 2019
Mccullum:

Age is nothing after qualifications for any positions without age limit but trust worthiness is the key in such case...

Even if you are not glad for his support on Buhari's presidency, it's still inhuman to support bad attitude in our society.

No one displayed a bad attitude on top the 80 year old man head, rather he was told to go to his seat. Only an abnormal person will read other meanings do this.
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Lovelyn451(f): 7:03am On Jun 27, 2019
SMBH:

Okay Lovelyn can we have a private convo?
okay...
Re: Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 27, 2019
Estellie:
. Shut the hell up! pls. ''so called white haired sage''
Y'all have lost your manners and respect in this country. Call it civilization? I call it BS... A 5 year old kid abroad would tell him to stand up because he or she does not know who Soyinka is, turn the situation around and watch the kid go starstruck..

I hate nonsense...
This is why Nigeria remains shit and will always be shit he bought the seat do it's his right I am trying not to be rude

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 88th Birthday Today / Chinua Achebe Signing A Copy Of His Book 'Anthills Of Savanna' (Throwback Photo) / Life Of A Star (a Celebrity Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.