Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith (20587 Views)

Amazing New NYSC POP Memes (Photos) / Nysc Pop Date For Batch C 2018 Extended By A Month / Nysc POP Batch A Stream II (05/07/2018) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by spencekat(m): 10:25am On Jun 27, 2019
Happy POP to the last graduate in late Chief O.K Kanu's family.More God's grace to you.

1 Like

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by Lordjb: 10:34am On Jun 27, 2019
Nice, I can't wait to pop out too cheesy
Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by Nat404: 10:39am On Jun 27, 2019
Talius:
It is a general belief that life begins for young adults immediately after graduating from the university. But for some, there's a mercy extension till after NYSC. All according to the proverbial hand, and how 'him power take reach'.

Whichever the case, for another batch of gallant men and woman who availed themselves for service to the fatherland, today is the first day of the rest of their lives, and I don't mean it metaphorically.

The pellicles should be falling already; for the late bloomers it's usually around the time you receive your discharge certificate. Reality further sets in as you propel yourself, seeking purpose, asking what comes next. Fingers twitch relentlessly, eager to force-dial those uncles and aunties into finally making a move. The odds are they'll take your action as an excuse to explain away their ineptitude.

Not that they don't wish you well (shockingly, they might not). It's just what is.

What then do you do to not become a victim of post-NYSC depression?

Here are a few tips:

1) Hang around people or places that give you joy

2) Do things that give you joy. If you're lucky enough, you could start making a living off them.

3) Never let anybody dictate to you how your life should go or be at any point in time. If your choices bounce back, fine, at least you know you lived life on your own terms.

4) Be your own source of joy.

I hope this meets someone well.

Always remember, your best is yet to come.

Happy POP, guys!

Failed state telling its citizens not to lose hope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by Junkie1: 10:41am On Jun 27, 2019
NYSC ALMOST RUINED MY LIFE
Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by bluefilm: 10:49am On Jun 27, 2019
How come?

You are already demoralizing them.

Not good at all...
Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by IZUnedu: 10:51am On Jun 27, 2019
Dear NYSC Corp members passing out today,
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
Some of you have already gotten a job, congratulations
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
some of you have a job already waiting for you because your dad is influencial, congratulations too.
ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
ㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ
Some of you have your businesses running well before coming for NYSC, keep the fire burning.
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
Some of you, your uncles have promised to get you a job "Just finish your NYSC and bring me your certificate and credentials" he had said.
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
I won't wish you bad sha but I advice you don't put all your hope there, many have been dissapointed with such promises, you won't be the last. So have a plan B.
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
Some of you, no Uncle, no influencial daddy, no connection, no plans yet, infact OYO is your reality. I won't want to wish you bad but you need to DOUBLE UP. Reality is about to pounce on you and soon PNDS - Post NYSC depression Syndrome will take over your being if �
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
1. You don't arm yourself with some vital information over the next few weeks
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
2. If all you have is FAITH but no work.
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
3. If you don't seek for clarity.
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
I won't want you to suffer PNDS for it's a great set back for any young person about to start life and fire this reason I'd be holding a FREE one month virtual class if THIS POST get atleast 20 'YES' and 10 SHARES.
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
Once we hit that target, an update will be made on this post on how you can be a member of the class and what platform you'd prefer.
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
PS: I will invite my friends who are expert in CV drafting, experts in SOCIAL MEDIA POSITIONING and Expert in PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT /BRANDING to be part of this class.

PSS: I will foot the bills on behalf of every one who will be part of the virtual class so the training will be for FREE.
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
This is part of my own contribution to humanity.
Bless.
#POP

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by ajalekoko1777: 11:09am On Jun 27, 2019
I salute you all. I pray God almighty will give you all better jobs out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by united442(m): 11:10am On Jun 27, 2019
BluePrincee:
Men, I had a good service year, having been posted to government House but after service when allowe stopped coming life started

you guys are scaring me..

i will be going for service soon...but i have this pessimistic mindset of after service year..

1 Like

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by Ugosample(m): 11:18am On Jun 27, 2019
deebrain:
I'm almost in tears reading this.

Is that how it is now?

When I was passing out in the early 2000s (which we thought were the worst years then), few not so paying well organizations were lobbying for students with good grades. At least, last last, you might just settle for one average job and if diligent enough, you can later get a bigger one or have a business.

When my older uncles finished their service years, the multinational firms and security and para military services were lobbying for graduates like a competition audition.

Today, the graduates are given a talk to prevent possible suicide!

and if this ugly trend continues
ten years from now the graduates will be totally hopeless

2 Likes

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by EarthKing(m): 11:31am On Jun 27, 2019
After NYSC, in Future's voice "mask off".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by Femich18(m): 11:36am On Jun 27, 2019
alizma:
My advise,
>pls don't turn down offers with small pay, provided it has potential of linking you to, or exposing you to something bigger.
>Don't hold on for too long on jobs with no bright future or good structure. However, if you get such job, don't quit the job until you get another and don't stop searching.
>Be conscious of your age. Age limit is a big bearer in Nigeria labor market
>please and please don't be too big to learn trade of your interest. Everyone of you will not get your dreams job. That is the bitter truth not bad wish.

The part i love most is your first point. Kudos
I can relate with that first point when i had a chance of referring someone in my unit here at work. Told someone to send the C.V to me. She refused the offer because the pay was around 45k. Now,just about 13 months from that time those that filled those positions here are receiving a little less than 100k per month and this same person is still unemployed....

Those points of yours are just the basic truth and all passing out corps members should follow

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:42am On Jun 27, 2019
Junkie1:
NYSC ALMOST RUINED MY LIFE

Please give us the gist.
Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by ladygudhead(f): 11:46am On Jun 27, 2019
Congrats sweethearts!!! oh my friend in passing out today...shout out dear! I'm so happy for u chi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by kvngceci: 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2019
Congratulations to Every corps member. Don't wait for a Job, Get a Skill. www.equilog.com.ng
Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by Treasure17(m): 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2019
Congratulations to you guys and welcome to a new phase. Peradventure you don't get your dream job be self employed.
Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by Akanmuppl(m): 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2019
Happy P.O.P To You Guys.
Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by Jerkules: 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
Finally my girl is coming back...No more Insufficient Sex grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by Aphroditee(f): 3:47pm On Jun 27, 2019
Jerkules:
Finally my girl is coming back...No more Insufficient Sex grin
Is that all she's useful for
Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by olamideadex(m): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2019
NYSC is just a scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by Olawrites: 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2019
S
Femich18:

The part i love most is your first point. Kudos
I can relate with that first point when i had a chance of referring someone in my unit here at work. Told someone to send the C.V to me. She refused the offer because the pay was around 45k. Now,just about 13 months from that time those that filled those positions here are receiving a little less than 100k per month and this same person is still unemployed....

Those points of yours are just the basic truth and all passing out corps members should follow

Shut da f*k.. Street pays more than this shiT

1 Like

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by Omotayor123(f): 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
Tnx OP
I pray favor find me���
Congrats to my fellowv2018 Batch B stream 1.
See you all at s top

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by realG101(m): 8:04pm On Jun 27, 2019
Won't stop saying this, so far d FG continues to be the main driving force of the economy , standard of living will continue to nose dive and youth unemployment will go from heights to heights, Nigeria is too big a country for one govt sitting in Abuja to try to affect the lives of the citizens, when state govt autonomy will clearly bring government and development closer to the masses, Nigeria is intentionally underdeveloped

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by Jerkules: 10:35pm On Jun 27, 2019
Aphroditee:
Is that all she's useful for
No dear..it's her major attribute grin sex machine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by booksrite(f): 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2019
Tnx OP I pray favor find me��� Congrats to my fellowv2018 Batch B stream 1. See you all at s top

sad
Re: NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith by Talius(m): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2019
Happy POP to everyone in 2018 Batch C1; may your life's journey be more smooth than rough. ❤️

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! / My Near Death Experience As A Prospective Stream II Corper / Two Corpers To Repeat Service In Benue For Absconding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.