Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed (48629 Views)

Nigeria Listed For Possible War Crimes By International Criminal Court (ICC) / Nurses Bemoan Rising Suicide Rate Among Students; Advice Authorities And The You / Suicide Rate By Country 2019, Nigeria Is Among (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:45am On Jun 27, 2019
bluefilm:

No way.

I can never give those boko boys any form of pleasure.

I think I have a better idea.

I will rob the Central Bank.

After all fifty been don talk am say get rich or die trying.

So if I rob Central Bank, I'll either get rich or die trying...

Abi no be so?
correct and in the cause of it SARS and can use u as target practice.. And u can also exit the Earth a famous person to be remembered for life..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Angelfrost(m): 10:45am On Jun 27, 2019
You should be asking why Nigeria is the highest in Africa when we were tagged the happiest people in the world as far back as 2014...

...And the fact that more men are committing suicide in those European countries is greater incentive or inducement for guys to migrate there due to increased availability of unattached needy women that may guarantee citizenship, and financial security. It's a no-brainer.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by faceland: 10:45am On Jun 27, 2019
NOHOLDSBAR:

And every suicide is reported in the other countries? Even the US should be at the top with the number of suicide attempts that I witness at the hospitals on daily basis. Stop trying to out Nigeria down and use your brain sometimes.

Just US veterans (ex military personnel) kill themselves at a rate of 22 DAILY. Nigeria can't catch up with that yet.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by helphelp: 10:46am On Jun 27, 2019
So people dey commit suicide pass us for Canada ...hmmm
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 27, 2019
gurunlocker:
USA no dey? Na lie
Bros that is In the movies face facts
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by anonimi: 10:46am On Jun 27, 2019
delshawna14:
Someday, somehow naija will get better

Exactly................just by saying it.
You are too smart. undecided
Talk is cheap...............you better get up and work for your country's progress.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Jesuslvzme(m): 10:46am On Jun 27, 2019
Bad guy
freemanbubble:
Make them do update as at yesterday or this morning
You go see say Nigeria don climb up to number one
But seriously sha
Me nor dey understand how people go carry dey commit suicide

Which kind life wahalar I get when i go dey think of suicide as option
I dey craze
Anyway Bini boys and warri boys can never commit suicide. No matter what

If I get problem then i go smoke enough weed

When i fail all my programming language
Pascal F
Fortran F

As i see the result. Na call my guy make he buy enough weed
Na so i take smoke till 2am

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by shevchenko(m): 10:46am On Jun 27, 2019
mmsen:
Male rates in most countries are much higher than females. Nigeria has gender parity grin.
I noticed that too
Nigeria women must be really suffering

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by VHILL: 10:47am On Jun 27, 2019
Where is U.S in the list??
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by grandstar(m): 10:48am On Jun 27, 2019
nothingspoil70:
Suicide is not an option your miracle or breakthrough may just be around the corner

Yes, Praise daa leaving Chisos. Amen my broda, amen!
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Minjim: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2019
Tolexander:
The fact is that many suicide cases in Nigeria aren’t reported, the reason while we have low number of cases recorded for us.

You people don't even want to hear any positive news about Nigeria.
What if it's the underreporting of sucide in other countries that made Nigeria to be in that position?

With social media, every sucide is being reported in Nigeria to the best of my knowledge. Except it's not sucide

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by faceland: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2019
Angelfrost:
You should be asking why Nigeria is the highest in Africa when we were tagged the happiest people in the world as far back as 2014...

...And the fact that more men are committing suicide in those European countries is greater incentive or inducement for guys to migrate there due to increased availability of unattached needy women that may guarantee citizenship, and financial security. It's a no-brainer.

European women has been brainwashed by feminist. They don't want to have kids. When they do, you are a slave by law until that child is 18.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Gkemz: 10:49am On Jun 27, 2019
This is not accurate without India, the number one country known for suicide.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:49am On Jun 27, 2019
PoliteActivist:
Proves that no place guarantees happiness. See all these places we aim to relocate to - they all have higher suicide rate than Nigeria.
I also notice that far more men kill themselves in most countries but in Naija it is about even. Wonder why.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/suicide-rate-by-country/

At lease we are getting better at something

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by mmsen: 10:49am On Jun 27, 2019
shevchenko:

I noticed that too
Nigeria women must be really suffering

That isn't my interpretation of the data. Nigeria's female suicide rate isn't that high when compared to a lot of places.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Ferdinandu(m): 10:52am On Jun 27, 2019
Obviously the the more developed countries have higher suicide rate. This is because obviously it is the disconnect between development and the real value of life. There is a better sense of community living in less developed area than the developed. It is not material possession that make people want to continue living, it is the people who loves you and you love them, that is a fact. All the wealth in the world will be dust in your mouth if you feel all alone in the world. But contrary if you don't have anything but you have people all around you who laugh with you, cry with you, quarrel and make up with you every day yet you don't have any material possession, you will always have a reason to live and be happy.

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by amazon14: 10:52am On Jun 27, 2019
Tolexander:
The fact is that many suicide cases in Nigeria aren’t reported, the reason while we have low number of cases recorded for us.

You are more than correct.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 27, 2019
SEGLIZ:
................ it is only a coward and pessimist would take his or her own life.
it's a pity it is happening but they realize they cause the world more pains than they are trying to escape.

So because one was mistakenly brought to this earth, one should remain here no matter what until one's eventual death? Like a prison sentence, huh?
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by anonimi: 10:53am On Jun 27, 2019
Minjim:
You people don't even want to hear any positive news about Nigeria.
What if it's the underreporting of sucide in other countries that made Nigeria to be in that position?

With social media, every sucide is being reported in Nigeria to the best of my knowledge. Except it's not sucide

Reporting is one thing the other is collating the statistics in a reliable, credible manner.
Are we doing that
Do we even have a reliable population figure to start with?

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by jomoh: 10:54am On Jun 27, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/dopekidd

You sent me a mail. What’s going on. I don’t have access to that mail now. Tell what’s up here
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Angelfrost(m): 10:55am On Jun 27, 2019
faceland:

European women has been brainwashed by feminist. They don't want to have kids. When they do, you are a slave by law until that child is 18.

I don't think it's a feminist thing for a woman to choose not to put her body through the stress of pregnancy and childbirth... I don't quite get your latter point about "slavery" and a child turning 18... Are you saying proper fatherhood is tantamount to slavery? Please, clarify.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Sparkle777(f): 10:57am On Jun 27, 2019
Na Buhari cos am, with his badluck. Same thing happened during his military years. That plague should just step out. Only him, recession, herdsmen, poverty, suicide, high cost of living, low oil prices etc.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by TemmyT002(m): 10:59am On Jun 27, 2019
Nawa o. People from Canada still dey commit suicide?
If these people don't want to hear and they want to kill themselves by force, they should kuku donate their bodies to scientists that need donors to experiment on so that they can improve the lives of those who want to live.
As long as there is life, there is hope.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by timibare(m): 10:59am On Jun 27, 2019
We are truly the giant of Africa....we came first, sai baba
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by grandstar(m): 10:59am On Jun 27, 2019
anonimi:

Exactly................just by saying it.
You are too smart. undecided
Talk is cheap...............you better get up and work for your country's progress.

The prime determinant whether a country does well or not are down to governments policies and only partially based on the effort you put in. The actual heavy lifting is done by government's policies.

Look at these 2 countries: Rwanda.and Burundi

Rwanda and Burundi basically share the same combustible ethnic makeup that led to the Hutu slaughter of a million Tutsis.

Despite the genocide, the Rwandan economy is booming because their president has employed competent technocrats who are implementing policies that are changing the countries fortunes. It's Ease of Doing Business is 30 while that of Nigeria is over 140.

Burundi which has experienced genocides but paltry compared to that of Rwanda is an economic and political mess. The economy is struggling and the president there is only interested in holding on to power rather than introducing and implementing transformative policies. It should be food for thought

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Eberex(m): 11:00am On Jun 27, 2019
where is INDIA?
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Gabson001(m): 11:07am On Jun 27, 2019
All nah scam
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by TheIkoro(m): 11:09am On Jun 27, 2019
PoliteActivist:
Proves that no place guarantees happiness. See all these places we aim to relocate to - they all have higher suicide rate than Nigeria.
I also notice that far more men kill themselves in most countries but in Naija it is about even. Wonder why.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/suicide-rate-by-country/

Frauduria defrauding itself out of Death into the second Death.

I laugh in Hebrew.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by ObinnaObinna(m): 11:11am On Jun 27, 2019
The disparity in suicide rates between genders is seriously alarming. Why is this so? More social pressure on men? If that's the case, why is it different in Nigeria even with all the pressure on men to provide for his woman, his family and "catch up" with his mates?

And even more pertinent - what's causing the recent spike in the rate of suicide in young people?

I strongly believe the media (especially social media and blogs) has something to do with this.

You see a young person commit suicide. Social media people begin to make arguments about it. Calling the person stupid, insulting the person with different headlines. Basically making the topic of suicide to trend. So it means suicide is in everybody's mind.

The next person suffers a severe heartbreak or loses someone dear. They get depressed. The topic of suicide already in their mind, the chance of attempting suicide is higher.

This is just my opinion. By the way, I'm a student of Mass Communication and I have basic knowledge of the theory of Agenda Setting and Hyperdermic Needle. Check it out.

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by anonimi: 11:12am On Jun 27, 2019
grandstar:
The prime determinant whether a country does well or not are down to governments policies and only partially based on the effort you put in. The actual heavy lifting is done by government's policies.

Look at these 2 countries: Rwanda.and Burundi

Rwanda and Burundi basically share the same combustible ethnic makeup that led to the Hutu slaughter of a million Tutsis.

Despite the genocide, the Rwandan economy is booming because their president has employed competent technocrats who are implementing policies that are changing the countries fortunes. It's Ease of Doing Business is 30 while that of Nigeria is over 140.

Burundi which has experienced genocides but paltry compared to that of Rwanda is an economic and political mess. The economy is struggling and the president there is only interested in holding on to power rather than introducing and implementing transformative policies. It should be food for thought

is the government ever different from the people who own it (the government)

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Odinaka00(m): 11:12am On Jun 27, 2019
And South Africa nor dey there? This list is nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Abusive Boyfriend Tied Up, Stabbed by His Girlfriend. VIDEO / 3 Headless Bodies with missing private parts Found Under Ondo Bridge / Nigerian Lady Fights Man In Italy On The Streets Over Money (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.