Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed (48630 Views)

Nigeria Listed For Possible War Crimes By International Criminal Court (ICC) / Nurses Bemoan Rising Suicide Rate Among Students; Advice Authorities And The You / Suicide Rate By Country 2019, Nigeria Is Among (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Unrated900(m): 11:20am On Jun 27, 2019
Americans will never attempt to kill themselves

When they have good economy

Good jobs

Stable health sector and welfare

A life in America is 200 lives in Nigeria

Lifeless must go.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by millionboi2: 11:29am On Jun 27, 2019
freemanbubble:
Make them do update as at yesterday or this morning
You go see say Nigeria don climb up to number one
But seriously sha
Me nor dey understand how people go carry dey commit suicide

Which kind life wahalar I get when i go dey think of suicide as option
I dey craze
Anyway Bini boys and warri boys can never commit suicide. No matter what

If I get problem then i go smoke enough weed

When i fail all my programming language
Pascal F
Fortran F

As i see the result. Na call my guy make he buy enough weed
Na so i take smoke till 2am
wait

Money don ever finish4ur hand?
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by millionboi2: 11:32am On Jun 27, 2019
tactius:
A mistake Nigerians make is linking depression to lack of material wealth

It is not so. You can be as rich as Croesus, yet miserable as a rain beaten animal
huh

I'm reject m oooo
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Realdeals(m): 11:34am On Jun 27, 2019
The rate is in relation to the country population.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by lekbel09(m): 11:37am On Jun 27, 2019
freemanbubble:
But seriously sha

I dey craze

Pascal F
Fortran F

Correct niggur

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Adakintroy: 11:38am On Jun 27, 2019
Tolexander:
The fact is that many suicide cases in Nigeria aren’t reported, the reason while we have low number of cases recorded for us.

The day our ranking is positive you people will find another angle. Do you always want us to be rank high negatively.

3 Likes

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by semyman: 11:42am On Jun 27, 2019
Total national population of individual country is not factored into this
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by AngelicBeing: 11:44am On Jun 27, 2019
freemanbubble:
But seriously sha

I dey craze

Pascal F
Fortran F

Hahaha, Hian, smoke weed till 12 am, I feel you jare, wetin person no go read for Nairaland.com grin

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by ridbell01(m): 11:46am On Jun 27, 2019
Tolexander:
The fact is that many suicide cases in Nigeria aren’t reported, the reason while we have low number of cases recorded for us.
OK start recording now

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Tolexander: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2019
ridbell01:
OK start recording now
commit suicide make I record am now
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by faceland: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2019
Angelfrost:

I don't think it's a feminist thing for a woman to choose not to put her body through the stress of pregnancy and childbirth... I don't quite get your latter point about "slavery" and a child turning 18... Are you saying proper fatherhood is tantamount to slavery? Please, clarify.

Divorce rate is at best 50% and they have laws that would make sure the woman wins custody of the child and the man is mandated to pay unfair amount of money for the child's upkeep.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 27, 2019
So we're number one in Africa. Always leading the rest of the country.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Angelfrost(m): 11:55am On Jun 27, 2019
faceland:

Divorce rate is at best 50% and they have laws that would make sure the woman wins custody of the child and the man is mandated to pay unfair amount of money for the child's upkeep.

Well, I see your point... But, I wouldn't call the laws unfair, but rather in the best interest of the child. It's alright to fail at marriage, but there is no excuse for being a deadbeat father.

...As for custody, even nature made it so... A mother is supposed to be the natural default custodian of a child.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Unconquerable: 11:56am On Jun 27, 2019
They are crazy: Japan should be in the top three. They have a special forest where people commit suicide; not to mention innumerable others.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by tiziano(m): 11:57am On Jun 27, 2019
Say no to sniper and yes to life
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Angelfrost(m): 11:59am On Jun 27, 2019
Unrated900:

Good jobs

Lifeless must go.

You know nothing... Financial lack is not the main reason for suicide. Some of those countries up there are as prosperous as America. Do some research: most of the people who take their lives in America are very wealthy (Anthony Bourdain, Robin Williams, Sid Vicious, Bobbi Houston, etc.).

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Jaypop22: 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2019
nothingspoil70:
Suicide is not an option your miracle or breakthrough may just be around the corner

How do you know that the reported ones are actually suicides and not murder cases?
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Niyinficient(m): 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2019
Canada wey better pass Naija...biko where dem dey for the list abeg ?

delshawna14:
Someday, somehow naija will get better.....

OPERATION YOU MUST NOT BE SINGLE BEFORE END OF THIS YEAR. LET'S HELP YOU TO CONNECT WITH YOUR TRUE LOVE NOW!

Are you tired of being single and its accompanying Loneliness?
Are you tired of being prophesied to, that every other year is your year with nothing at end of it?
Are you one who believes in TRUE LOVE and having a happy family?
Are you one who is tired of masturbation and intimacy gadgets due to loneliness?
Are you a single lady/man based anywhere in Nigeria or Africa?
Are you tired of scammers and frauds that collect money with promise of matchmaking?
Are you one that have friends and loved ones who are ripe for marriage but still single?
Are you tired of platforms that offer no hope and help to your singleness?
Are you ready to make the 2019 or 2020 the year to settle down?
And are you willing to give love a chance?

NOTE THIS: If you are not ready for serious relationship, if you are looking for 2nd wife, if you are looking for sugar mummy, sugar daddy or sugar baby, if you are a married man or woman looking for 'sarawagba' (we have chased out and embarrassed over 30 married men from the platform so far) and if you are not ready to register to verify your details. PLEASE DONT BOTHER JOINING BECAUSE WE DONT WANT OR ACCEPT ANYONE OR ANYTHING THAT WOULD PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY AFFECT THE WELL BEING OF OUR DEAR MEMBERS!

This is the Genuine platform to join – The Authentic Platform of Love for Africans wherever!

ALSO NOTE that the couple that met and got married on our platform last year are waxing strong in their marriage and so, we want so many marriages and serious relationship consummated this very year!

Signup, registration and membership absolutely free

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? START YOUR TRUE LOVE CONNECTION NOW.

WHATSAPP OR TELEGRAM ADMIN NOW

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by blesskewe(f): 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2019
LisaAnne:

easier said

Sarcasm
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by faceland: 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2019
Angelfrost:

Well, I see your point... But, I wouldn't call the laws unfair, but rather in the best interest of the child. It's alright to fail at marriage, but there is no excuse for being a deadbeat father.

...As for custody, even nature made it so... A mother is supposed to be the natural default custodian of a child.

Do some research, sometimes they take over 40% of the man's income and give to the woman (after sharing his property at divorce). She ends up using the money to pamper herself because it is way above what the child truly needs.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by LANDLORD72: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
I did not see India on the list why? Because I believe they should occupy the N0 1 spot

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Angelfrost(m): 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
faceland:

Do some research, sometimes they take over 40% of the man's income and give to the woman (after sharing his property at divorce). She ends up using the money to pamper herself because it is way above what the child truly needs.

I know... Some cases, even up to 60%... That's why intending partners choose to sign pre-nups instead. Why do you think 50cent and some celebrities fake bankruptcy?... It can actually be a poor loophole and license to enrich the woman.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by optimusprime2(m): 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2019
And Finland isn't on the list?
Mtcheew... rubbish
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by DarlingEmojist(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2019
PoliteActivist:
Proves that no place guarantees happiness. See all these places we aim to relocate to - they all have higher suicide rate than Nigeria.
I also notice that far more men kill themselves in most countries but in Naija it is about even. Wonder why.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/suicide-rate-by-country/

I thought we are Number one
Not knowing that we are verymuch better
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by DarlingEmojist(m): 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
PoliteActivist:
Proves that no place guarantees happiness. See all these places we aim to relocate to - they all have higher suicide rate than Nigeria.
I also notice that far more men kill themselves in most countries but in Naija it is about even. Wonder why.

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2019
From the data above, it seems Men are now an endangered species
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by focus7: 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
Tolexander:

Try commit your so the figure can go up since your anticipation for Nigeria is bad news.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by kristo123: 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
Canada come high pass Nigeria, why na

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by DarlingEmojist(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
Unrated900:

Good jobs

Lifeless must go.

Who told you they ghat all this?

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by CEOwatazs: 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
PoliteActivist:

only Nigeria , Botswana and Burundi hav reason for suicide... d rest Bleep dem
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by SEGLIZ: 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2019
Squillaci:

So because one was mistakenly brought to this earth, one should remain here no matter what until one's eventual death? Like a prison sentence, huh?

from that data above, what benefit has it brought world but pains.
how is suicide an escape route from the challenges of this world?
is your birth a mistake that you are claiming people are born by mistake.
if you are an intending suicidee, it makes profit to you or anypne us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Abusive Boyfriend Tied Up, Stabbed by His Girlfriend. VIDEO / 3 Headless Bodies with missing private parts Found Under Ondo Bridge / Nigerian Lady Fights Man In Italy On The Streets Over Money (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.