Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Should I Accept This Police Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Accept This Police Job? (21892 Views)

Should I Accept This Salesboy 7am-7pm, N25k Job Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by BruncleZuma: 8:18am On Jun 27, 2019
OILOFGLADNESS:

MY DEAR IS NOT WOMEN , IT HAVE TO DO WITH IQ AND THINKING FACULTY, MOST MEN ARE WORST,

I AM A LADY AND WAS CsHOcKED ANDt THAT 'GIRL's' ReSPONSE

SOME PERSONS JUST POUR THEIR FRUSTRATION with (insert personal issues here) ONto the SOCIAL MEDIA (The OP) IN A BID TO RESPONDING denigrate TO SOMEONE others.

Is that why you are screaming the reply?...Nairalanders sef, that our mallam just no ready to collect advise he should move his question to Twitter or Instagram nah there him go see say nah O'Level inquisitors dey NL.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Oluwaiphee: 8:19am On Jun 27, 2019
XaintJoel20:
Good Morning Nairalanders!

I finished my national youth service in 2015 and was couldn't get a job until last year that I decide to open a business, and as God will have it the business has been growing.

Now I am in a dilemma between accepting a police job (note, it's not a graduate level position) and growing my business.

I don't want to reject the job and regret later and I also do not want to accept the job and wish I didn't.
Those in the know should tell me how easy it is to be upgraded to a graduate level position after entering with O'level and how a constable earns.

Thanks.

Bros, make i no lie for you...... No mind anything wey people dey talk. Take your job and do your business. I don't see why you can't do both. Your job go even give you leverage for your business. Think about it bruh.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by iammiracle1(m): 8:19am On Jun 27, 2019
manny4u:

My problem with women sometimes, they don't think before they talk or write.

Thank God your post has exposed some men as they truly are "useless", the wannabe female moniker you tried to blast is actually a male in disguise...lets stop all this women bashing and stereotyping

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by lennsmart(m): 8:20am On Jun 27, 2019
Take the police job. It's a federal government job
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 27, 2019
Go for the job please. The aim is to have a stable source of income, to enable you plan.
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by onosChrisbrown1: 8:21am On Jun 27, 2019
if you are doing well in your business continue because to upgrade to graduate level is not easy. there is too enviness in the police
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by mimilogistics: 8:21am On Jun 27, 2019
smiley
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by kolaaderin: 8:22am On Jun 27, 2019
If its not a graduate level job offer from the police, please just keep to your business.
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 27, 2019
Op na igbo you dey sell? If your hustle legit and e dey bring regular bread, nor quit am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by karma2000: 8:24am On Jun 27, 2019
U are a time waster
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Trustme2(m): 8:25am On Jun 27, 2019
You prefer to risk your life on the road and possibly collecting N50 on the road rather doing your legitimate business. Don't you know policemen are cursed. Moreso no opportunity for career growth with the entry point u intend to enter true?
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Bluehill1051: 8:27am On Jun 27, 2019
OILOFGLADNESS:

MY DEAR IS NOT WOMEN , IT HAVE TO DO WITH IQ AND THINKING FACULTY, MOST MEN ARE WORST,

I AM A LADY AND WAS CHOKED AND THAT 'GIRL' RSPONSE

SOME PERSONS JUST POUR THEIR FRUSTRATION ON SOCIAL MEDIA IN A BID TO RESPONDING TO SOMEONE
Wetin this one dy talk sef?!
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by ohosi4real(m): 8:28am On Jun 27, 2019
I don't want to reject the job and regret later and I also do not want to accept the job and wish I didn't.
Those in the know should tell me how easy it is to be upgraded to a graduate level position after entering with O'level and how a constable earns.
i will advice u to continu ur business than constable police work and keep searching 4 graduate work because there is nothing like upgrade frm constable to ASP in police work. My uncle is a senior police officer (AIG) He always say whatever result u use to enter force that wht they will be using to promoting because there are alot who has bsc and hnd and they are constable to inspector but if they promote them who wil be doing there work. My oga just dey where u are and be searching 4 graduate job.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by SeniorZato(m): 8:33am On Jun 27, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Is it really necessary mentioning the business I am into.
I am a legitimate hustler.
If it's not necessary then advice urself

4 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by ofemigeorge(m): 8:35am On Jun 27, 2019
manny4u:

Guy answer ... The problem with people is that they don't fully open up their problem so as to get full solution.

By the way
The gravity of your business will determine the decision of your voommming to the other profession.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by DonTim1: 8:39am On Jun 27, 2019
Answer this:

why did you apply for the job? for lack of anything else to do?
does your currentl hustle take good care of you and even if it expands, can it take care of more persons (wife,family etc)
Do you like LEO jobs or you just want to enjoy "immunity"

Advantages of Police Constable job:
- you join and you are guaranteed of constant monthly take home
- you get to interact with public, one day, God may just pick your call with one of such interactions (i.e. someone sees talent, knowledge etc and partners with you, you resign and move on....)
- you get to contribute your quota to national development
- you earn some level of respect

Disadvantages
- you are at the [b]bottom [/b]of the food chain
- you do [b]odd [/b]jobs
- you take more time to grow in rank (although i have seen those with lesser rank do better than the big wigs through genuine means)

Basically, if you plan to live a modest life, you can be happy with the pay of a constable and run your side hustle alongside
and believe me there will always be increment in the pay as time goes on

final words, ignore money, think about what makes you happy, being boss [top of food chain] or being subordinate [bottom]

5 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by martinsodo: 8:41am On Jun 27, 2019
You can accept the job and detail trusted relation to manage the job for and whatever slary you get you channeled it into the business until grow big where you can resign and manage it yourself
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by ImaIma1(f): 8:41am On Jun 27, 2019
manny4u:

Just look at how you concluded so fast. Do you hate women so much that you have to look down on them?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by akinselurea: 8:43am On Jun 27, 2019
XaintJoel20:

I finished my national youth service in 2015 and was couldn't get a job until last year that I decide to open a business, and as God will have it the business has been growing.

Now I am in a dilemma between accepting a police job (note, it's not a graduate level position) and growing my business.

Thanks.

My dear, if truly U are a graduate...don't try it. I once accepted such & regret it bitterly.; if not God intervention that I secured another job with my B.Sc in another organization...

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by nandyz(m): 8:46am On Jun 27, 2019
Bros , nothing like being boss of ur own.
My kindly advice is that forget that job offer, so that u will not live to regret it..
Grow ur business, and don't fall a prey of greed, if u see a job that can offer u a position with ur certificate, u can go for that one .. Pls don't dream of becoming a police constable , if it is custom , I will agree with u..

Thanks ,,

Call us for ur electrical control issues and installation of navigational equipment..
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:49am On Jun 27, 2019
manny4u:

Your problem with women, yet you're responding to a guy, you see your life? stop looking down on any gender, you're not helping yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by AXYZ: 8:58am On Jun 27, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Thanks.

I want to advise you as a brother.

If you think your business has prospect of growing, face your business. It is almost impossible to present your degree certificate later in your career. You can rest assured that many junior police officers have their degree certificates before they got job but took SSCE job just to make ends meet.
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by AXYZ: 9:00am On Jun 27, 2019
DonTim1:
Answer this:

why did you apply for the job? for lack of anything else to do?
does your currentl hustle take good care of you and even if it expands, can it take care of more persons (wife,family etc)
Do you like LEO jobs or you just want to enjoy "immunity"

Advantages of Police Constable job:
- you join and you are guaranteed of constant monthly take home
- you get to interact with public, one day, God may just pick your call with one of such interactions (i.e. someone sees talent, knowledge etc and partners with you, you resign and move on....)
- you get to contribute your quota to national development
- you earn some level of respect

Disadvantages
- you are at the [b]bottom [/b]of the food chain
- you do [b]odd [/b]jobs
- you take more time to grow in rank (although i have seen those with lesser rank do better than the big wigs through genuine means)

Basically, if you plan to live a modest life, you can be happy with the pay of a constable and run your side hustle alongside
and believe me there will always be increment in the pay as time goes on

final words, ignore money, think about what makes you happy, being boss [top of food chain] or being subordinate [bottom]

His benefactor could have told him he has 'slot' for only SSCE holders
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:01am On Jun 27, 2019
sure you can accept the job and still be doing your business.

buh one thing is for sure "YOU MUST ACCEPT GOD"
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by bimgo: 9:03am On Jun 27, 2019
My brother please stay away from a future nemesis and curse , POLICE JOB

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by bamasite2: 9:10am On Jun 27, 2019
OP, I have always said: If there is no other job left in the country, so that the only job I can do is to become a police man, I will quietly embrace farming.
XaintJoel20:

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by femmoy(m): 9:11am On Jun 27, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Thanks.

you are a senseless human being for asking this trash of a question.
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 27, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Is it really necessary mentioning the business I am into.
I am a legitimate hustler.

Modified :
It's obvious so many people want to know my nature of business. I am into buying and selling of wares and must confess it's a good business, (though I am not where I want to be, I can say the future is bright).
Continue your shit unless you want to stand at ninth mile and be hiding 20naira notes inside bush

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 27, 2019
OP if there's available slot, abeg I'm available.
Edakun

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by shogsman(m): 9:16am On Jun 27, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Thanks.

Shun the police job,it takes more than 15years sometime to upgrade to a graduate position,focus on your business and expand.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by adetes: 9:18am On Jun 27, 2019
It's good to v more than one income

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by leo047: 9:30am On Jun 27, 2019
tolulope1990:
Are you a yahoo boy?
If yes i am tagging EFCC right away
you're deviating from the topic...That's how people in my neighborhood keep calling me yahoo boy, because of the nature of my business and company...i waiting patiently for them to invite Efcc

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. / Boston Consulting Group Graduate Analyst Programme 2021 / Which One Is Better, A 70K Private Job Or A 40K Government Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.