Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Revived - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Revived (57172 Views)

This Section Should Be Revived Na (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revived by genius43(m): 10:33am On Aug 20, 2019
iamgprince:

i like the way you keep your thread flowing even without updates the thread is still flowing nicely unlike some writers like infant that don't know how to know theirs flowing nicely

Infant had a reason for stopping his story and I understand. Praise this OP but don't drag another person down while doing so. Do you know infant's story was so plagiarized that I even saw it on my old school WhatsApp group? I quarrelled with the person for that and even the source he copied from didn't give credit to the original source.
Re: Revived by iamgprince: 10:57am On Aug 20, 2019
genius43:

Infant had a reason for stopping his story and I understand. Praise this OP but don't drag another person down while doing so. Do you know infant's story was so plagiarized that I even saw it on my old school WhatsApp group? I quarrelled with the person for that and even the source he copied from didn't give credit to the original source.

you should have understood what i wrote before quoting me, i understood what made infant stop his story ( because of imposters), remember i said " unlike some writers like infant", now what i meant is some writers like the one i just mentioned don't know how to keep their thread flowing which is the don't have the time to reply to comments made by their readers ( ie relationship between a writer and a reader) just like damselposh always reply our comments on her story which is a good thing because it keeps the vibe flowing.
N.B : i am not criticizing any writer for not continuing their stories but I'm saying those that are still writing should learn from damselposh on how to treats her readers ( comments and replies) because it always keep the thread flowing nicely.
Re: Revived by genius43(m): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2019
iamgprince:

you should have understood what i wrote before quoting me, i understood what made infant stop his story ( because of imposters), remember i said " unlike some writers like infant", now what i meant is some writers like the one i just mentioned don't know how to keep their thread flowing which is the don't have the time to reply to comments made by their readers ( ie relationship between a writer and a reader) just like damselposh always reply our comments on her story which is a good thing because it keeps the vibe flowing.
N.B : i am not criticizing any writer for not continuing their stories but I'm saying those that are still writing should learn from damselposh on how to treats her readers ( comments and replies) because it always keep the thread flowing nicely.

If that is what you meant fine but you should also realise that there are some the little time they have is to come and drop an update and leave because of how tied up they are. I understand your angle sha.
Re: Revived by iamgprince: 11:12am On Aug 20, 2019
genius43:

If that is what you meant fine but you should also realise that there are some the little time they have is to come and drop an update and leave because of how tied up they are. I understand your angle sha.

yeah that's what i meant and please try to understand what people say before you misunderstand them
Re: Revived by germaphobe(m): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2019
mr walter made me loose my R fo him, but with dis sacrifice he's about to do, i think he has gotten it back
Re: Revived by Treasure17(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
Sense is very far from Mr Walter. Thanks for the update.
Re: Revived by Preshbeauty(f): 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
Na wetin fit Mr Walter. thanks damsel
Re: Revived by divinelypruned(f): 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
Dammy babe thanks for the update jor, but no matter what, my Louis must live, I am not ready to wear any black oo.
Re: Revived by damselposh(f): 8:18am On Aug 21, 2019
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Wednesday 7:45am

Nanya woke up from sleep feeling odd, she yawned and wondered what the feeling was all about, she stood up from the bed and walked to the mirror, she raised her night wear up and caressed her stomach, she wondered when it would start growing big, she was a month gone already. she sighed and walked towards the wardrobe to pick a clothe for the day, just then, her phone rung, she picked it at the second ring without checking the caller ID.

"Hello Nanya, are you still sleeping?, i hope you have not forgotten what today is all about?" Leo asked from the other end.

"Oh my God, it is today, Louis' heart transplant, no wonder the odd feeling" she replied hitting her head a little.

"Don't tell me that you forgot, anyway make sure to be at the hospital before 10am, that's when it will start" he said.

"Alright Leo, we will see at the hospital then, bye" she replied hanging up.

"God, i already prayed to you sir, i know am not much of a believer, but when Dad was alive, he told me that you forgive and answer prayers, and he said you are big and you also own heaven and Earth, am committing Louis into your hands one more time, let him live for me and our child, and Dad said you can search our hearts, you already know that I love him so much and i can't bear it if anything happens to him, please Lord i beg you, bring him out from the theatre alive" she prayed while closing her eyes.

ST DAVID'S HOSPITAL

"Hey Nanya, you are right on time, they are about to take him to the theatre" Leo explained as soon as he saw Nanya.

"Oh, okay" Nanya replied casually.

"Don't worry Nanya, he will be fine" Leo said.

"I know, am not scared, i already prayed to the big man up in heaven, i told him to take care of Louis, Dad told me too that he can do everything, so i want him to be a doctor today and handle the surgery himself" she replied with a sob.

"Leo, where is my son?" Mrs Scarlett asked with a frown.

"Good morning ma, eeeem, they have taken him to the theatre ma" Leo stuttered.

"so you mean something like this has been happening and no one called me, not you or Charles or even Louis" she said angrily.

"Am sorry ma, but Louis said we shouldn't disturb you, that you were busy with the seminar you went for" Leo explained.

"Oh, i see, so who is the young lady?" she asked sizing Nanya up.

"Yea, this is Nanya, Louis' girlfriend, Nanya?, this Mrs Scarlett Miller, Louis'mother" Leo introduced.

"Good morning ma, am sorry we met under such circumstances" Nanya sniffed wiping the tears.

"I never knew my son had a girlfriend, but we will talk about that later, let's pray for him first" she replied going to sit down.

He came down from the plane and looked around, he shook his head and said.

"Home sweet home, how long has it been?, 4 years?, 5 years?" he said to no one in particular.

He brought out his phone and placed a call to someone, he breathed fast waiting for the person to pick up.

"Hello?" the person at the other end said.

"Hello bestie?, it's me" he said with a smile.

"Akachukwu?, is that really you?" the person asked.

"yes Nanya, it is me"

"I sent you mails severally but you never replied, wait a minute, you are calling me with a Nigerian number, are you in Nigeria?" she sniffed.

"Am sorry, i was so busy that i didn't even get the chance to check my mails, and yea, am at the airport now, where are you?" he asked.

"Oh my God, i think the big man has already started answering my prayers, am at the hospital" she chuckled.

"Hospital?, doing what actually?, who is sick?"

"My boyfriend, the one i told you about, he is getting a transplant today" she explained.

"But i thought you stated in your mails that it would be next month" he asked.

"We will talk about that later, just get a cab to ST DAVID'S HOSPITAL, you can still help him if you hurry" she said.

"Okay, am coming right away" he hung up beckoning on a cab man.

"Nanya?" he called out.

"Akachukwu, thank God you are here, they are already in the operating room" she said pointing down the hallway.

"I will be right back, take care of my luggage" he said rushing to the operating room, he stopped turned around and walked back to Nanya. "My ID card, they won't let me in there without it, let me take it from my bag" he said collecting the bag from her, opened it and took out his ID card dashing off Immediately.

He got to the operating room, opened the door dashing in, he looked up and saw stares coming from different angle.

"Am sorry i badged in like that, am doctor Akachukwu smart, from LIVE RIGHT HOSPITAL, New York, i came to help out with the surgery" he said flashing his identification card at everyone.

"Doctor Akachukwu smart?, i have sent you mails severally but you never replied any" doctor Joe said surprised.

"We will talk about that later, let us save the young man first" doctor Akachukwu replied grabbing an overall, a glove and a nose mask.

6 Likes

Re: Revived by damselposh(f): 8:19am On Aug 21, 2019
Ann2012:
Guess Mr. Walter will sacrifice himself for Louis

Thanks for the update ma'am

thanks honey
Re: Revived by damselposh(f): 8:19am On Aug 21, 2019
queenitee:
Please be fast about it grin

lol, i will ma
Re: Revived by damselposh(f): 8:22am On Aug 21, 2019
kimoyo:
Who in his right mind will divulge such information to a dying man in a careless manner. Mr Walter needs to be flogged

no be small flogging
Re: Revived by damselposh(f): 8:23am On Aug 21, 2019
izaray:
Please do cos i've been waiting for the day too

Well done dearie

thanks boo
Re: Revived by damselposh(f): 8:25am On Aug 21, 2019
iamgprince:

i like the way you keep your thread flowing even without updates the thread is still flowing nicely unlike some writers like infant that don't know how to know theirs flowing nicely

thanks honey.
replying to comments is a way of saying you are grateful that people are reading your stories, that's why i make sure i reply to comments on my thread.
Re: Revived by damselposh(f): 8:27am On Aug 21, 2019
germaphobe:
mr walter made me loose my R fo him, but with dis sacrifice he's about to do, i think he has gotten it back

lol, grin
Re: Revived by damselposh(f): 8:27am On Aug 21, 2019
Treasure17:
Sense is very far from Mr Walter. Thanks for the update.

thanks Trea honey
Re: Revived by damselposh(f): 8:28am On Aug 21, 2019
Preshbeauty:
Na wetin fit Mr Walter. thanks damsel

thanks Presh
Re: Revived by damselposh(f): 8:29am On Aug 21, 2019
divinelypruned:
Dammy babe thanks for the update jor, but no matter what, my Louis must live, I am not ready to wear any black oo.

thanks baby.
don't worry, you won't wear black, instead you will wear Ankara to his wedding with Nanya.
Re: Revived by iamgprince: 8:39am On Aug 21, 2019
damselposh:

thanks honey.
replying to comments is a way of saying you are grateful that people are reading your stories, that's why i make sure i reply to comments on my thread.

Exactly why i like you and your stories
Re: Revived by queenitee(f): 9:04am On Aug 21, 2019
Awwwn, thank you Jesus smiley
Re: Revived by Tonyspecial(m): 9:17am On Aug 21, 2019
interesting
Re: Revived by bimbotua(f): 10:17am On Aug 21, 2019
Wow!
I'm here at last.

Thanks damselposh... Well-done
Re: Revived by izaray(f): 10:17am On Aug 21, 2019
Our God is too Big to disappoint us, thank you Jesus for always having our thoughts in mind

1 Like

Re: Revived by germaphobe(m): 10:22am On Aug 21, 2019
abeg save him fast lets go and catch charlse/chiboy.
Re: Revived by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2019
thanks for the update
Re: Revived by Preshbeauty(f): 11:12am On Aug 21, 2019
Thank God, Louis will finally be saved.
thanks damsel.
Re: Revived by Adesina12: 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2019
Incredible!!!
Finally our Louis gets to live again. Congrats to Nanya and friends.
Where do you keep Charles and his mother? I don;t ask you to bring them to the theater ooo, just keep them grin
Sweet popcorn for you sweetie mi damselposh grin
Re: Revived by Treasure17(m): 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2019
Don't worry Nanya, your prayers have been answered. I know thunder will strike Charles las las.

Thanks for the update damsel.
Re: Revived by Ven97: 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2019
This update just dey burst my brain. Thank you
Re: Revived by Ven97: 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2019
Treasure17:
Don't worry Nanya, your prayers have been answered. I know thunder will strike Charles las las.

Thanks for the update damsel.
Thank God he's not even aware sef
Re: Revived by damselposh(f): 9:55am On Aug 22, 2019
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"So, what have you done so far?" doctor Akachukwu asked after wearing the operating outfit.

"We have given him general anathesia, we were just about to start before you came in" doctor Joe explained.

"Get me the oscillating saw" doctor Akachukwu said to no one in particular.

"Here it is doc" the first nurse said.

He cut the sternum partially, straight down the middle, but didn't remove it. he then slowly spread apart the cut halves of the sternum with a retractor, which allowed the entire chest and heart to be open before them. He carefully removed the old heart placing it in a stainless tray beside him.

"Where is the new heart" he asked again.

doctor Joe carried the new heart in another stainless tray and passed it to him.

He carefully placed the new heart in the patient's body, he picked up a surgical loupes and sewed the sutures.

"We used sutures made of polypropylene and plastic polymer, that is why am sewing it with this magnifying surgical loupes, so that i can see my stitching" doctor Akachukwu said when he noticed them stare at him in confusion.

"Okay" doctor Joe replied still confused.

"Get me the customized plates and screws, it is time to hold the breastbone and the ribs broken earlier during the cutting process" doctor Akachukwu replied after the last stitching.

"Oh yeah, nurse Abigail, get the customized plates and screws" doctor Joe said not removing his eyes from what the other doctor was doing.

On getting the items he asked for, he started putting the sternum back together, when he was done with it, he said.

"let me have the vicryl sutures for the sewing of the first two layers" he said as the nurse brought it for him.

He started sewing up the flesh carefully, it lasted for 5 minutes, he stopped, looked at the nurse and said again.

"Get me the monocryl sutures for sewing below the outside layer of the skin" he said.

"Yes doctor" the nurse replied bringing him the item.

He stitched the lower layer of the skin slowly and carefully, while doing this, he signaled to them to pack up the items as he was done.

"The vicryl and the monocryl sutures are absorbable and only used on soft tissue. Vicryl suturing typically holds strength for approximately two to three weeks and is fully absorbed within 60 days
while monocryl lasts longer and is absorbed within 90 days" he explained after he was done with the stitching.

"Yea, i know about that" doctor Joe replied with a smile.

"The surgery was successful" doctor Akachukwu announced with a smile removing the nose mask and the gloves leaving just the overall.

"Thank God, this is the second successful heart surgery we have had in this hospital" doctor Joe said with a smile.

"The patient should be taken back to the ward now, he will be awake in few hours time" doctor Akachukwu said removing the overall.

"We need to give the people outside the good news we have" doctor Joe said shaking hands with doctor Akachukwu.

"Nanya walked aimlessly around the veranda constantly checking the time, she let out a sigh wiping her tears, she had been crying since Louis went into the theatre.

"Calm down Nanya, he will be fine, worrying too much is not good for your baby" Leo said hugging her.

"Leo, it is already 4 hours since they took him there, are they not wasting so much time?, am worried" she sobbed.

"Didn't you tell me just this morning that you already talked to the big man up in heaven?, leave everything to him, he will handle it" Leo said patting her back.

"I know i talked to the big man, but i can't help but worry" she sniffed.

"you don't have to worry, you prayed, i prayed, and Mrs Scarlett prayed too, the big man will surely answer us, he is not wicked, so let's calm down and wait" Leo consoled.

"Okay," she nodded breaking from the hug and just then, the two doctors walked down towards them.

Nanya rushed to them already asking questions, the two doctors waited for everyone to gather before sharing the news.

"Akachukwu, how is he?, was it successful?" Nanya asked.

"How is my son?" Mrs Scarlett asked.

"Calm down everyone, he is fine, the surgery was successful, he just needs time before he will wake up" doctor Akachukwu said with a smile.

"Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord, Dad was right, you can answer prayers, my Louis is fine, he is fine Leo" she smiled while crying at the same time.

"Can we see him now?" Mrs Scarlett asked wiping her tears.

"Give him some time, he is not yet awake" doctor Joe replied with a smile.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revived by Preshbeauty(f): 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2019
Ven97:
Thank God he's not even aware sef

Abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply)

The Devil Who Loved Me (true Life Story) / How I was Scammed by Facebook Sugar Mummy / My Encounter With Mami-wata Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.