Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,061 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer (35097 Views)

Final Burial Of Late Singer, Osinachi Holds Today (pix/video) / Timaya's Daughter Seizes His Key For Coming Back Late. Singer Shares Video / Maggy Anwuli Oputa: Charly Boy's Daughter Who Is A Bodybuilder & Mother Of 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by naptu2: 8:27am On Jun 27, 2019
Charlie Boy paid tribute to the late Tyna Onwudiwe yesterday evening.

Tyna was a singer and fashion designer and she played a huge role in making Charlie Boy succesful.

She had two huge hit songs in 1991.

She died of lung cancer in Johannesburg, South Africa on the 29th of June, 2001. She was 47 years old at the time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AreaFada1/status/1143947148234502144

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by naptu2: 8:27am On Jun 27, 2019
naptu2:

Nams77, Hahn, Ishilove, Obiageii, Warrenweste

Never say never! I've found it!

Tyna Onwudiwe - Lyte Low (1991).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYofQ0kVhrs

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by naptu2: 8:27am On Jun 27, 2019
naptu2:
O MY GOD!!! O MY GOD!!! O MY GOD!!!

Obyback, Timotee, Warrenweste, Hahn, Ishilove, Nams77, everybody on Nairaland come and see

I'VE FOUND IT! I'VE FOUND IT! I'VE FOUND IT!

( grin My driver thinks I'm crazy)

Tyna Onwudiwe - Black On Black (1991).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yqfuI_EHwA

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by naptu2: 8:32am On Jun 27, 2019

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by naptu2: 9:12am On Jun 27, 2019
“How Tyna Onwudiwe Made Me Who I Am Today” – Charlie Boy Shares Life Experience

“I will never forget Tyna Onwudiwe. While in the village, after my return from overseas, I refused to work although jobs were provided for me. I told my parents that I knew what I wanted.

I wanted to become Charlie Boy. I became Charlie Boy to tell the timid and myopic Nigerians that you have the right to be what you want to be, and that one must not follow only a ‘zombie’ way of thinking and doing things.  Everybody cannot be the same and everybody can’t follow the same way.  You can’t say I am crazy because I wear this, except you too are crazy.

“When in the village for seven years after I returned from America, I insisted that I was going to play music. I told my parents and calmly accepted to go my way when they told me to do so.  It was Tyna who came to rescue me from the village to Lagos. I liked her because she was like a perfect woman.  She encouraged me that I was going to succeed in my venture. There were many people who saw her as a mad woman.  This was the only woman that would spend her last kobo on somebody else. Tyna didn’t want me to waste away in the village, so, she tricked me to Lagos that a recording company was going to wax my music. I was shocked that she had prepared an accommodation for me, with one year rent already paid for. If not for her I would have languished in jail. Man is a God to another man.”

https://stargist.com/entertainment/how-tyna-onwudiwe-made-me-who-i-am-today-charlie-boy-shares-life-experience/

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by onofre29: 9:29am On Jun 27, 2019
Respect Sir!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Yankiss(m): 9:30am On Jun 27, 2019
Chei, Tina Onwudiwe, the immortal African Oyinbo. It's been a very long time. The grave has no respect for even legends and beauties. It's a surprise that nobody remembers this exceptional lady today in the craze for Davido, Tuface, Wizkid, Tiwa, Simi and the lot. These new crop musicians aren't doing enough to remember the legacies of their predecessors. They should know that in a decade or two new musicians will come up and they might be eclipsed. The cooking pot for the lizard is the cooking pot for the chameleon. What they do or didnt do today will come back to haunt them. It's called karma. Tina Onwudiwe rest well!!

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Bitchiamjay(m): 9:30am On Jun 27, 2019
TINA ONWUDIWE A.K.A AFRIKAN OYIBO

My crush that year grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Bbbwings: 9:31am On Jun 27, 2019
Is this not the motherfucker behind he Don do movement
and it later transpired he has been collecting money as an honorary BMC chairman cheesy grin?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Lexusgs430: 9:32am On Jun 27, 2019
And after the rent expired.......... He refused to pay other rents going forward, frustrating the landlord.............

3 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by wink2015(m): 9:32am On Jun 27, 2019
SHE IS A MULLATO !

Somehow in Nigeria setting an OBOBO PERSON !

Continue to Rest in Peace !

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 27, 2019
Nawa oh all these great musicians are gone

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by ichidodo: 9:33am On Jun 27, 2019
I watched most of her music videos on NTA2 Channel 5....Now I see where Charlie Boy got his swagg from..But that Woman dey do like Mad Oyinbo Woman...RIP our African Oyinbo.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Tats(m): 9:33am On Jun 27, 2019
Really liked this woman's songs. So sad that she went too soon

9 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by annford: 9:33am On Jun 27, 2019
This woman still stands as one of the best entertainers Nigeria has ever had. I greatly enjoyed her music back in the day.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by itsIYKE(m): 9:34am On Jun 27, 2019
Legend

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by HisMajesty1(m): 9:34am On Jun 27, 2019
Damn! This woman those years... Many great people have gone o.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by kponkedenge(m): 9:38am On Jun 27, 2019
I can't really remember her though
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by chudez0147(m): 9:38am On Jun 27, 2019
Good old days
Memories

3 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Chimilito: 9:40am On Jun 27, 2019
I remember her role as an iron lady in that Ijekpoms movie. I've forgotten the title

3 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by martineverest(m): 9:42am On Jun 27, 2019
'asiko to la yé, orèmi e má ṣiṣẹ ọlẹ...asikooo'...she was a beautiful woman.breast cancer took her a way.

i once thought she was white

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by zolajpower: 9:43am On Jun 27, 2019
Known as African oyibo back in the day . "Asiko lo laye ,Arami e ma se se o le , Asiko ! Asiko !! . Brother killing brother , children fighting war "

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Tats(m): 9:43am On Jun 27, 2019
Some of her "Black on Black" lyrics sang in 1991 are still very true today. How sad.

"How many years that Africa has been free,
take a look around you and see,
Brothers killing brothers,
Children fighting wars,
starvation and poverty are still knocking at our doors,........"

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by TundeeednuT: 9:44am On Jun 27, 2019
Naptu deserves to be a moderator

13 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Focusmind: 9:45am On Jun 27, 2019
Cancer is a very dangerous thing - It killed both Femi Segun and Tina Onwudiwe. See how they were looking healthy in the NTA morning ride show without knowing that the deadly disease will kill both of them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 27, 2019
First time I saw this woman's music video was sometime in the very early 1990's. Impression i had was of one wild looking woman...who probably smoked heavily, and drank and was very weird. (Funny thoughts of an 11 year old).

I remember when several years later it was announced she had lung cancer...and then she passed on in South Africa. It was mentioned in the obits that she was a non-smoker...

Never judge a book by its cover.

Good to see some of our old stars back in the limelight. I doubt anyone below the age of 35 remembers her now.....

27 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tim Godfrey Proposes To His Lover (Photos) / Leo Takes Cee-c To Bank Of The Atlantic Ocean For A Birthday Breakfast / Uche Jombo Looking Heavy In New Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.