Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse (126684 Views)

Adventures Of Lionlee216 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
[quote author=solaek post=90670692][/quote]

You will need IELTS.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 11:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Profitfocused:
Crushsugar, I sent you a mail, pls kindly check.
Can you resend please.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 11:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Msmeena:
Good day @crushsugar, your thread is informative and interesting. Thanks for sharing your wonderful tour to uk. Pls ma kindly send me the format for of your cv to msmeenaaminat@gmail.com. Thanks ma'am
Sent
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 11:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
Omonihobae:
Good day please i have some questions @cruahsugar
pls how is care assistant in UK?And can someone with degree in human anatomy apply from Nigeria? pls anyone with information can inform me am really interested thank you
For care assistant position?
That is almost impossible to do, most employers would not want to spend to sponsor care assistants from another country because it doesn't need any qualifications so it can be done by anyone and it's becoming competitive in teaching hospitals.

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 11:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
Omimi20:
Good day everyone,I just completed my education this year and I’m yet to do my internship and NYSC,I’m just wondering if it’s possible to leave after my internship without doing my NYSC and also how many years working experience Is needed for me to be registered in the uk.Your replies would be appreciated �

You don't need working experience. For the NYSC, it depends on your long term plans. You know Naija and youth service wahala.

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 11:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
dubaiprince:

Hello crushsugar. I have been following this thread and found it very informative. God bless you. Please what would be your advice for someone recently offered a job in the UK on a tier 2 visa with 4 dependants (a wife and 3 kids)? The company will only reimburse travelling and direct visa application expenses for me and none of my dependants and i dont have the financial muscle to sponsor all of them till i get there and start working.

Is it advisable to go to the UK alone first and bring them over within the next 6 months when i must have made enough? Is application for a tier 2 dependant visa over there seamless?

You anticipated response is highly appreciated.

4 dependants is alot of money so, it is advisable to come alone first and by 6 months you can afford to sponsor them. If you can afford to sponsor your wife now, it might make it easier for you because she will not struggle to get at least a care assistant job then both of you can work toward bringing your children as soon as possible. It is still your plans to make though.

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by famzynet: 9:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hello Crushsugar, please for a spouse in the Uk that studied education management in the university in Nigeria before migration,how can that person progress from health care assistant to nursing? What is your view about nursing compared to teaching in the UK assuming interest is constant in both?
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Peculiar2020(f): 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2020
crushsugar:

Sent
Hello can I get this too,thanks
peculiarpeople20@gmail.com
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by solaek: 1:54am On Jun 18, 2020
Hi crushsugar. I need your views/ advice regarding an issue earlier discussed on this thread,...the possibility of proceeding on masters in nursing in the UK and still be able to practice nursing in the UK. I have a degree in a health related course.
Please how do I go about it. Ur response and possible links will be appreciated.

I got answers to my questions also in the earlier discussions. Thanks for your attention
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by ProJectAnatot(m): 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2020
Hello @CrushSugar how is the UK today!... Hope you're good.
So I have this question, though this is not the Best thread for it... But any info will be appreciated... Medical Radiography( Xray people) is on the UK's shortage occupation list) but I want to know if the stress of migrating and working there for a Radiographer is harder compared to a nurse, the minimum yrs of experience required ( if there is for radiographers) Also any other info you have about Radiographers moving & working there will be highly appreciated... Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by tolajay: 8:04am On Jun 21, 2020
Congrats and best wishes on the funding for your dependents.

If I may ask, did your spouse needed to write IELTS or go through any verification before being given permission to migrate with you?

Cause I see that your only constraint here is finance to move them.

Thanks

dubaiprince:

Hello crushsugar. I have been following this thread and found it very informative. God bless you. Please what would be your advice for someone recently offered a job in the UK on a tier 2 visa with 4 dependants (a wife and 3 kids)? The company will only reimburse travelling and direct visa application expenses for me and none of my dependants and i dont have the financial muscle to sponsor all of them till i get there and start working.

Is it advisable to go to the UK alone first and bring them over within the next 6 months when i must have made enough? Is application for a tier 2 dependant visa over there seamless?

You anticipated response is highly appreciated.

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by dubaiprince: 8:25am On Jun 21, 2020
tolajay:
Congrats and best wishes on the funding for your dependents.

If I may ask, did your spouse needed to write IELTS or go through any verification before being given permission to migrate with you?

Cause I see that your only constraint here is finance to move them.

Thanks

For Tier 2 visa dependants, I am not sure they need proof of English or UK NARIC. From information available to me, the tier 2 main applicant should have proof of funds for each dependant and himself (This is not required if your sponsor is A rated), some form of evidence the dependant is truly your spouse (marriage cert, family picture, joint account statement of about 2 years), TB certificate for each dependant plus IHS and visa application fees.

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by tolajay: 8:27am On Jun 21, 2020
Thank you.

Just to clarify, do you mean the marriage certificate needs to be more than two years OR it's the joint bank statement you referred to?

dubaiprince:

For Tier 2 visa dependants, I am not sure they need proof of English or UK NARIC. From information available to me, the tier 2 main applicant should have proof of funds for each dependant and himself (This is not required if your sponsor is A rated), some form of evidence the dependant is truly your spouse (marriage cert, family picture, joint account statement of about 2 years), TB certificate for each dependant plus IHS and visa application fees.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by dubaiprince: 8:37am On Jun 21, 2020
tolajay:
Thank you.

Just to clarify, do you mean the marriage certificate needs to be more than two years OR it's the joint bank statement you referred to?

Obviously, marriage certificate can even be less than a month if the couple just got married legally. Note that proof that you are in genuine relationship with your spouse does not mean a combination of those documents I listed above. Any persuasive evidence to show someone is your spouse will do. I have a number of colleagues who got married just before visa application and are currently in the UK with their spouses.

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by tolajay: 8:43am On Jun 21, 2020
Well understood.

Thanks

dubaiprince:

Obviously, marriage certificate can even be less than a month if the couple just got married legally. Note that proof that you are in genuine relationship with your spouse does not mean a combination of those documents I listed above. Any persuasive evidence to show someone is your spouse will do. I have a number of colleagues who got married just before visa application and are currently in the UK with their spouses.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Richdee1(m): 11:42am On Jun 21, 2020
dubaiprince:

Please can you help me with a Professional Certificate I can do to add to my Social work Degree?? thanks
Would prefer health care
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by dubaiprince: 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2020
Richdee1:

Please can you help me with a Professional Certificate I can do to add to my Social work Degree?? thanks
Would pkrefer health care

Apologies. I have no information on this. My profession is not related to healthcare services.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by vhuqnl(m): 9:31am On Jun 23, 2020
ProJectAnatot:
Hello @CrushSugar how is the UK today!... Hope you're good.
So I have this question, though this is not the Best thread for it... But any info will be appreciated... Medical Radiography( Xray people) is on the UK's shortage occupation list) but I want to know if the stress of migrating and working there for a Radiographer is harder compared to a nurse, the minimum yrs of experience required ( if there is for radiographers) Also any other info you have about Radiographers moving & working there will be highly appreciated... Thanks.
a colleague of my stupid ex who is a radiographer left for uk. I don't know anything about it sha but he's not in Naija again

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by FrannyTee(f): 10:00am On Jun 23, 2020
solaek:
Hi crushsugar. I need your views/ advice regarding an issue earlier discussed on this thread,...the possibility of proceeding on masters in nursing in the UK and still be able to practice nursing in the UK. I have a degree in a health related course.
Please how do I go about it. Ur response and possible links will be appreciated.

I got answers to my questions also in the earlier discussions. Thanks for your attention
It's very possible. In 2 years with the MSc course you will be a registered nurse in UK and can work in any EU country
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Richdee1(m): 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
vhuqnl:
a colleague of my stupid ex who is a radiographer left for uk. I don't know anything about it sha but he's not in Naija again

That's bad.. no matte what happened you dont have to use that choice of words

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Luchiano54: 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2020
[quote author=ProJectAnatot post=90891371]
Congratulations on being in one of the most sort after jobs in the UK, I moved to UK last year January on tier 2 Visa as Radiographer, I must say it is the best decision ever, I got 3 job offers, Southhampton, Manchester and Scunthorpe, after lots of enquiries, i decided to move to Scunny, because it is a cheaper and more economical place to start life in a foreign land, and i also had colleagues working there, In my almost 1 year plus here, i have achieved a lot of which in 10 years back home i would not have achieved, UK is the best place to practice Radiography in the world, here you can get to the highest level of this Profession, I am being sponsored by my Trust for postgraduate studies in Medical Ultrasound in University of leeds, about to buy a house, bought a new car, moved my family, got my UK driving license, etc. All i can say is, do your internship and learn very well, Luckily i also finished from UNICAL, we have one of the best Medical School graduates, From Nysc start your registration with HCPC, get it and start applying for jobs, get skype interviews, and by the time you are through with service you must have gotten a job and take it from there. I hope this helps.

Got this from "living in the UK" thread.
You can ask further questions there.

8 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by ProJectAnatot(m): 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
Luchiano54:
[/quote][quote author=Luchiano54 post=90981259]
Thanks so much. . . I really do appreciate.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by ProJectAnatot(m): 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2020
a colleague of my stupid ex who is a radiographer left for uk. I don't know anything about it sha but he's not in Naija again {quote}.

Thanks for your response. Though you shouldn't have insulted ur ex on a public forum. Why are you angry with her? ... She refused to move??

Thanks any way

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Smartsales1: 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hi everyone , I love this trend. I want to know how medical lab scientist live over there , I have done a lot of research, I see nursing is far better then med tech/medlab over there but I really want to know if they are also okay...not just to follow peoples comment online..what is the reality of medlabs over there..

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by mamacajah: 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
Arhmiee:

The information is 100% correct. In UK, you can apply for 2 years MSc Nursing program that leads to registration irrespective of what you studied in Bsc. Though most schools will want a science related Bsc and 2.1 and above.
Some need work experience in a health care setting.

Hello, I am interested in this information.
Please which schools accept social care experience instead of health care or even no experience..for someone who wants to switch careers?
Thanks
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by CowbellY: 2:19pm On Jun 27, 2020
Hello,

Does anyone know anyone at the NMC who can help expedite the collection of the certificate ?.

Thanks.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by CowbellY: 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
CowbellY:
Hello,

Does anyone know anyone at the NMC who can help expedite the collection of the certificate ?.

Thanks.

Crush Sugar .
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Ibeeprincess(f): 10:52am On Jul 09, 2020
Good morning @ crushsugar...virtually read through the entire thread and I must say I have really learnt a whole lot...thank you so much for the information. hope you and your family are fine and doing well.

please I have few questions.
1. does having a B.nsc, other double or triple qualifications give one an upper hand or better pay?
2. Are there agencies that sponsor for masters and as well work at the same time for someone who has no sponsor
3. please i need a sample of UK CV ibinabokelkaizer@gmail.com
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by okaforernest505: 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
Dear Crushsugar, thanks for all your explanations so far.

I am a registered Nurse Midwife in Nigeria. I have a few questions

1. I'd love to know if your facility assist foreign trained basic midwives who have passed IELTS exam and CBT test to secure jobs as pre-registered midwives in the UK?

2. If it doesn't, do you know of any agency that supports and recruits pre-registered midwives pending OSCE?

3. Most agencies seem to sponsor and recruit general nurses. Any idea on how to link with basic midwives' sponsors?

4. Where basic midwives find it difficult to be sponsored, can I apply for sponsorship as a general nurse using my 18months qualification in general nursing?

5. Will I be considered as a pre-registered nurse (having only 18months post basic nursing)?

6. Finally, kind drop your email address or send me mail using goch4sweet@gmail.com

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by KennyUG: 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by TreatCreations: 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hello, I really love the thread, I started reading from the first page up till the last, pls I will also like to have the sample of the cv you used, I’m awaiting my IELTS result. Thanks
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by budaatum: 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (32) (Reply)

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.