Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike (34223 Views)

Man Dies In Edo Few Days After Posting "I Don't Wanna Die Too Young" (Photos) / Man Dies In Car Accident In Asaba, Three Days After His Wedding (Photos) / Man Dies 2 Months After Writing About His Own Death (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by sonety2k(m): 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
R.I.P
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by Eavy(m): 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
Death is sweeter than cell. Is this one suicide also?
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by Focusmind: 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2019
Japan is one country with the lowest crime rate. They don't tolerate rubbish and are no respect er of anybody.

Imagine their police arresting the former group CEO of Nissan - Renault Alliance for false income declaration.

They value respect, integrity, decency and hard work.

RIP man.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by manlawal(m): 1:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
mysticmaroon:
there are actually coutries where their citizens cant be treated anyhow in another country no matter the crime, will we ever get there
Tell which countries
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by bizzibodi(m): 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
Poor thing!If he had stays in his fatherland,d wiff of ofe nsala & akpu wuld hav keep his stomach full at all time. embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by Chukalemon(m): 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
The population of nigerians migrant abroad are very high when compared to other african neighbors.what will be the cause of sudden rush

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by wink2015(m): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2019
LegendVibes:
An unidentified Nigerian man has died in a Japanese immigration detention centre, an official who did not want to be named said on Thursday, Igbere TV reports.

His death brings to an end a hunger strike an activist group, RINK, said was intended to protest against his over three years detention.

Igbere TV learnt that the man, in his 40s, died on Monday in the southern city of Nagasaki after he lost consciousness and was taken to hospital.

Foreigners being held in Japan have recently resorted to hunger strikes to protest their lengthy detention.

About 27 foreigners are said to be on hunger strike at a detention centre in Ushiku, northeast of Tokyo.

The Nigerian’s death was the 15th since 2006 as critics decry poor medical facilities and emergency response in the detention centres.

An official at the national immigration agency said authorities are providing medical care and trying to persuade those on hunger strike to eat.

As recently as June 2018, Japan held about 1,500 detainees, nearly half of them for over six months.

Some 604 were asylum seekers whose applications were rejected, while the rest were held for various immigration infractions such as overstaying visas.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/801543/oh-no-nigerian-man-dies-in-cell-abroad-after-hunger-strike/

NA WETIN CARRY AM GO JAPAN.

JAPAY PEOPLE NO SEND O !
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by codemaniacs: 1:53pm On Jun 27, 2019
zz
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by trapQ: 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2019
Just so you know, Japan is the most technologically advanced country in the world.
ogbabs2019:
Japan of all countries...
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by AngelicBeing: 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2019
Chai sad
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by Gabson001(m): 2:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
He got what he was looking for.. Rip tho
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by DavidEsq(m): 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2019
Benekruku:
Can I use hunger to kill my self sha?

The policemen should just try and push to my front a plate of goat meat, Saki, Abodi, Cow leg and fresh fish. With just two moulds of Amala and small Ewedu

Olorun! I die dere.

If they want to kill me patapata,, they should push to me peppered stick-meat and palm wine as refreshment when am done.

Werey somebody grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by Erolow(f): 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
How true is this?
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by izubext007: 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2019
What Do U Mean By Unidentified Nigerian Man .... Just Say An Unidentified Igbo Man Died In Japan Prison. If Is A Yoruba Man Dat Died Buhari Will Inform About It, If Is An Hausa Man Oil Well Wil Be Used To Swap It, But If Is An Igbo Man He Be An Unidentified Man. Bastards.
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by Rursh(m): 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2019
Na dem, that's how they die anyhow in another's man's country. If you know, you know
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by Unconquerable: 2:49pm On Jun 27, 2019
I lived in Nippon (Japan) for almost 13 years. I must say whoever decides to embark on such in Japan should be willing to die and be cremated. Japanese are naturally quiet but I don’t think any other people in this world are as ruthless and heartless as them. I decided to come back home to Nigeria and even with all the crap here I realize I am better off emotionally and mentally than I was there.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by flattenyourbely: 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2019
Tolexander:
Seems like this man is destined to be killed by hunger.

He avoided dying from strike by hunger here in Nigeria and went to die during hunger strike out there in Japan

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by hyman50: 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
Nigerians always make mistake in a foreign land you are not legally welcomed. Rip.
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by Isoduwa(m): 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2019
Make them Nor try am bring his dead body to Nigerian because nairaland Nor be cemetery
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by karma2000: 3:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
He didn't survive karma punishment from japan
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by zoedew: 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
Tried that out with the wrong sort of folks! Japs and harakiri plus kamikaze things are like Siamese twins. In Japan Suicide is a thing to toy with.They’ll toss him in the morgue without batting an eyelid. Banzai!!
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by zoedew: 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2019
ValCon888:
If you know what the Japanese did to American soldiers and other prisoners of war in World War II, you will understand Japan is the absolute last place to carry out a hunger strike as a prisoner.

Too many folks in Nigeria don’t read books . Where they do at all not books that’ll expand their world view.
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by zoedew: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2019
mysticmaroon:
there are actually coutries where their citizens cant be treated anyhow in another country no matter the crime, will we ever get there

For a typical Nigerian the response should be - “volenti non fit injuria”
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by zoedew: 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2019
Twenty47:
Too bad...may his soul rest in peace.

But wait ooo... Can't we start a friendly fight with them

You think they care? When they know we are hooked on Toyota vehicles and electronics!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by zoedew: 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2019
fakuta:
he was a strong man , is not easy to reject food till death.
Strong? No. The strong are not foolhardy. Discretion, indeed is the better part of valour! His action was unwise.
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by Twenty47(m): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2019
zoedew:

You think they care? When they know we are hooked on Toyota vehicles and electronics!
Hmm...too bad but that's just the truth.
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by naijajobx: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Man Dies In Japan Cell After Hunger Strike by Twenty47(m): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2019
zoedew:

Hmmm... Too bad but that's just the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Killed Monitor Lizard This Morning / A Giant Black Snake I Killed This Night. Pics / 18+ Only!watch Leak Video Of How 4 Boys Gang Raped A Jss2 Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.