Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate (4287 Views)

7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Why Christians Still Battle With Fornication. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by alBHAGDADI: 9:43am On Jun 28, 2019
Dafemich:
I just showed you. The whole commandment of the Lord Jesus Christ is to love God and love your neighbor. If I can't love the murderers, rapist herdsmen Yahoo boys, that means I don't love God.

Look at how you claim to love murderous people, yet you avoid that cultist and bad boy in your street. You don't even greet him. Thou hypocrite. Same you will tell your kids to stay away from certain bad kids in school, yet you love your neighbor. Same you will tell your daughter to avoid the company of prostitutes, yet you love your neighbor. Same you will tell your son to stay away from his friends who smoke weed and gamble, yet you love your neighbor.

It just shows that you don't understand what Jesus meant by loving our neighbor. To you, it sounds like a command to love everybody. But how come God's wrath was upon Jehoshaphat who loved everybody by helping them?

2 Chronicles 19:2
2 And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the Lord? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the Lord.

You claim to love murderous Herdsmen and terrorists, right?

Jesus said we should love our neighbor as we love ourselves. Do you love yourself well enough to become a murderer? Your answer must be no. So why do you love a murderer when you don't want to be a murderer yourself? It shows you are evil and will always condone the evil and workers of iniquity.

When Jesus said we should love our neighbor, he never said we should love evil men. He was simply saying we should do good to our neighbors who need help. It means we should never do bad to them

Romans 13:10
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

But you have somehow twisted the teaching to mean we should love all vile and evil person out there. If you don't hate such people, it means you won't make heaven and won't dwell in God's holy hill. Check out the requirement to be able to make heaven. Guess what? Love for your neighbor and Hate for a vile person are part of it.

Psalm 15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
3 He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.

Contemned is one of the synonyms for HATE as seen in the Thesaurus.

As seen, love for your neighbor doesn't mean love for everybody. Otherwise contemn for a vile person won't be a requirement for heaven. It clearly shows that God doesn't require you to love everybody
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by LordReed(m): 9:44am On Jun 28, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Did you read the OP at all?

You are quoting all sorts of scriptures out of context to justify why a Christian should not hate, yet you hate filthy smell and HIV.

Look, there are different kinds of hate - that which is good and that which is bad. Below is Jesus commending a whole church for having hatred.

Revelation 2:6 (KJV)
6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

But according to your misunderstanding of good fruit and bad fruir, Jesus was a bad tree for encouraging that church's hate.

Just shut up and stop making a fool of yourself.

Yeah, Jesus supposedly hates deeds while you want to hate homosexuals, go figure.

I won't shut up and it's you making an arse of yourself.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by alBHAGDADI: 9:53am On Jun 28, 2019
LordReed:

Yeah, Jesus supposedly hates deeds while you want to hate homosexuals, go figure.

I won't shut up and it's you making an arse of yourself.

Jesus doesn't just hate deeds, he also encourages hate for a vile person. Not having such hate means you won't make heaven.

2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
3 He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.

Therefore, your love for homosexuals means you are not a candidate of heaven. It shows you will also want to be loved despite being evil.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by LordReed(m): 10:02am On Jun 28, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Jesus doesn't just hate deeds, he also encourages hate for a vile person. Not having such hate means you won't make heaven.

Therefore, your love for homosexuals means you are not a candidate of heaven. It shows you will also want to be loved despite being evil.

So what then is your quibble with my first post? You have clearly shown how a christian can carry love and hate. What are you arguing about?
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Magnoliaa(f): 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
Shepherd00:
alBHAGDADI :

Really? Did you just opened a thread advocating for.Christians to.hate people?

It's serious blasphemy to say Jesus hates people. Oh dear.

There's so much venom I your words. Pls repent.

I don't see much difference between his tone and that of Paul's... Here's what I think (which is just an opinion and I may be wrong): Christians are becoming too much like the world. Becoming neutral, and being rubbed by the world's view. The lukewarm kind of Christians.

I can imagine the Apostles and early Christians being this aggressive and zealous, almost bordering on being hateful and intolerant.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by alBHAGDADI: 12:12pm On Jun 28, 2019
Magnoliaa:

I don't see much difference between his tone and that of Paul's... Here's what I think (which is just an opinion and I may be wrong): Christians are becoming too much like the world. Becoming neutral, and being rubbed by the world's view. The lukewarm kind of Christians.

I can imagine the Apostles and early Christians being this aggressive and zealous, almost bordering on being hateful and intolerant.

Don't mind them.

Below is King David speaking. If he was alive on Earth today, many will label him as a hateful man going about selling hate speech. Yet, his words are doctrine.

Psalm 139:21-22 (KJV)
21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

2 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 11:42pm On Jun 28, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Dispute the thread or stop acting like Satan who is here to pluck the truth away from people's heart
Oh Wow. No need, preach hatred by all means. You shall defend this someday soon.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 11:46pm On Jun 28, 2019
Dafemich:
Guys, am beginning to feel in my spirit that the latest strategy of the devil, is to make Christian quote the Bible out of context. You will see mature born again Christian thinking differently from what the Bible says. And I believe this is the work of the devil. In the name of Jesus, every device of the devil that make Christian quote the Bible out of context, and there by mis leading others, I come against it in the name of Jesus. No work of the devil against the church should prevail in Jesus name
Bros, the devil is not making anyone do anything. What this guy is exhibiting is what is in his intentions and Will.

Not all that calls Him Lord Lord are His disciples.

Christianity no be for mouth, Na actions.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 11:48pm On Jun 28, 2019
hoasis:
THe OP is correct but his choice of words seem to be the problem for many who disagree. What about rephrashing it like Paul would say it. Paul's doctrine on love is clear through scriptures but that didn't stop him from commanding seperation from unbelievers;

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
~2 Corinthians 6:14.
How does that scripture say you shd hate anyone?
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

So says an atheist.

Where does the Bible say a Christian cannot carry both love and heart in his heart? Same Bible says there's a time for everything.

Ecclesiastes 3:8 (KJV)
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

You guys no nothing about the Bible and are not saved, yet you kick when the truth is preached.

Calm down man, you are too acidic. The atheists is right in this one and you are wrong.
He may not have gotten the quotation right, but he is right.

This is the Scripture Lordreed maybe referring to;
James 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

Light and darkness cannot be in the same vessel.

This is not Jesus' gospel.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 11:58pm On Jun 28, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

This one loves fulani Herdsmen, rapist, ritual murderers, cannibals, Yahoo boys, corrupt politicians, abortionist, pedophiles, yet he can't show where the Bible says to do so.
HERE;

Matthew 5:44-46 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 12:00am On Jun 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

There are no choice of words when preaching the truth, just the truth and its words. People may feel offended by it, but that's because they are evil. All I'm concerned about is reaching out to that soul who seeks the truth.

No time for sugar-coating the gospel. Jesus never did, neither did Paul. Pastors who are doing such today are the reasons churches now have the below kind of people in them.
You are wrong. Here, check again.

Matthew 5:44-46 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 12:04am On Jun 29, 2019
LordReed:

Matthew 7:15–20 (KJV):
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruit. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

Luke 6:43-45 (KJV):
"For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh."

James 3:11-18 King James Version (KJV)
11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

But don't mind me, I am just an atheist (ex-christian) who doesn't know how to read the bible.
Wonderful. alBHAGDADI, this guy just nailed you.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 12:22am On Jun 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Did you read the OP at all?
You are quoting all sorts of scriptures out of context to justify why a Christian should not hate, yet you hate filthy smell and HIV.
Actually, you are the one taking scriptures out of context not him.
alBHAGDADI:

Look, there are different kinds of hate - that which is good and that which is bad. Below is Jesus commending a whole church for having hatred.
No. See?, you are misunderstanding what the Lord means there.
There are no types of hate. Hate is a malicious intent towards another person. Dislike is to detest someone or something.
Here is what the Word hate in that context means;

Greek: μισέω
Transliteration: miseō
Pronunciation: mis-eh'-o
Definition: From a primary word μῖσος misos (hatred); to detest (especially to persecute); by extension to love less: - hate (-ful).

And it is to detest the deeds of the Nicolaitans which was sorcery.
Jesus never said we hate the Nicolaitans.

alBHAGDADI:

But according to your misunderstanding of good fruit and bad fruir, Jesus was a bad tree for encouraging that church's hate.
alBHAGDADI, Jesus never encouraged hatred in Rev.3:6. Pls read it again.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 1:03am On Jun 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Look at how you claim to love murderous people, yet you avoid that cultist and bad boy in your street.
You don't even greet him. Thou hypocrite. Same you will tell your kids to stay away from certain bad kids in school, yet you love your neighbor. Same you will tell your daughter to avoid the company of prostitutes, yet you love your neighbor. Same you will tell your son to stay away from his friends who smoke weed and gamble, yet you love your neighbor.
WTH is this? Do you know what Christ means by this?;
Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

That is what you just said he did by doing what you saying is wrong.

Christ, says, Love your neighbor as you Love yourself, not Love your neighbor more than you Love yourself. He knows that the enemy wants you dead, but you need to stay alive. So, If your enemy who wants you dead is hungry, feed him. But, watch out for a daggar.

alBHAGDADI:

It just shows that you don't understand what Jesus meant by loving our neighbor. To you, it sounds like a command to love everybody. But how come God's wrath was upon Jehoshaphat who loved everybody by helping them?

2 And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat,Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the Lord? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the Lord.
Again, this is wrong. Jehu, though a prophet, but over Zealous in his office as a prophet and conduct.

And, pls learn to read in-between the lines and separate the Acts from the Actors.

If Jehovah hates Sinners, there's no way he'd take up flesh to die for us. He is still saving sinners today including YOU.

alBHAGDADI:

You claim to love murderous Herdsmen and terrorists, right? 
Jesus said we should love our neighbor as we love ourselves. Do you love yourself well enough to become a murderer? Your answer must be no. So why do you love a murderer when you don't want to be a murderer yourself? It shows you are evil and will always condone the evil and workers of iniquity. 

When Jesus said we should love our neighbor, he never said we should love evil men. He was simply saying we should do good to our neighbors who need help. It means we should never do bad to them
Matthew 5:43-46 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?[/quote]
alBHAGDADI, who is the enemy referred to here by the Lord?

alBHAGDADI:

Romans 13:10
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
But you have somehow twisted the teaching to mean we should love all vile and evil person out there.
You are the one twisting the teachings of the scriptures. If God hates evil people why did he come down into this wicked world to die for them?

alBHAGDADI:

If you don't hate such people, it means you won't make heaven and won't dwell in God's holy hill. Check out the requirement to be able to make heaven. Guess what? Love for your neighbor and Hate for a vile person are part of it.
You lie. All the laws of God are encapsulated in the Ten Commandments and non of it contains hate for people of any kind.

alBHAGDADI:

15 Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
3 He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
Yes, the Lord hates evil act, but does not have people, hence He justifies them in redemption.

The Psalm 15 you just quoted doesn't say we shd hate wicked people.

alBHAGDADI:

Contemned is one of the synonyms for HATE as seen in the Thesaurus.
You shd use a Bible Concordance instead.

Hebrew: בּזה
Transliteration: bâzâh
Pronunciation: baw-zaw'
Definition: A primitive root; to disesteem: - {despise} {disdain} contemn ({-ptible}) + think to {scorn} vile person.
KJV Usage: despise (36x), contemptible (3x), contemned (1x), disdained (1x), vile person (1x),

Again, check the context.
alBHAGDADI:

As seen, love for your neighbor doesn't mean love for everybody. Otherwise contemn for a vile person won't be a requirement for heaven. It clearly shows that God doesn't require you to love everybody
Love for your neighbor means Love for everybody, but not the love for the ACTS of everybody.

Why aren't you walking about killing people whom you hate? Oh, you do it in your Will and intentions.You are Murderer. What then makes you different from the Muslims?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 1:11am On Jun 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Were you a Muslim? because this here is Islam you are preaching not Christianity.

The scriptures you posted doesn't say we have to hate people to make heaven.

God hates evil which comes from satan. He wants people saved hence He came down here and died, Now why wld he do that if he hates us?

Or, did Christ died for the righteous. ...While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Why are Muslims repenting and are being saved by God? Why are homosexuals repenting and are being accepted into the fold? Why are Murderers, prostitutes and outright satan worshipers repenting and are cleansed and are regenerated?

Where did you get this gospel from?

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 1:12am On Jun 29, 2019
LordReed:

So what then is your quibble with my first post? You have clearly shown how a christian can carry love and hate. What are you arguing about?
Don't mind him, A Christian can not carry Love and hate.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 1:14am On Jun 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Don't mind them.

Below is King David speaking. If he was alive on Earth today, many will label him as a hateful man going about selling hate speech. Yet, his words are doctrine.

Psalm 139:21-22 (KJV)
21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

These words are doctrine to you? I'm not sure you are a Christian. Maybe a Judaists.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by alBHAGDADI: 2:57am On Jun 29, 2019
Shepherd00:

Calm down man, you are too acidic. The atheists is right in this one and you are wrong.
He may not have gotten the quotation right, but he is right.

This is the Scripture Lordreed maybe referring to;
James 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

This is not Jesus' gospel.

Stop being an idiot. You know nothing about the word of God. You are just taking verses out of context and wrongly applying them.

You say a fountain cannot spring forth sweet and bitter water at the same time. This you use to say one cannot have hate and love at the same time.

Are you stupid not to see that it simply means you can't say you hate someone and love the person at the same time? This agrees with my stance. But you confusingly think it means Christians are not to hate. No, it means were are not to be neither here not there. We are to make a strong stance and not be lukewarm.

Revelation 3:16 (KJV)
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

It simply means when it's time for us to hate, we should only hate, and when it's time for us to love, we should only love. Not hate and love at the same time.

I want you to carefully study the verses which are below so as to see how you are very wrong.

1 John 4:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Psalm 5:6
Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

As seen above, God is love but God also hates. Sadly for you, you think this is wrong because you chose to be foolish. You do not know that hating what is wrong is right, and hating what is right is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by alBHAGDADI: 3:11am On Jun 29, 2019
Shepherd00:

HERE;

Why don't you go back to the OP and see how I explained the true meaning of this passage? Sadly, your blind self won't allow you.

You say we Christians should just be all about love and no hatred. You believe this because you think when Jesus said we should love our neighbor and enemies, it means we should love Everybody. That is wrong because the passage below says the man who will make heaven must love his neighbor and contemn (hate) a vile person. Clearly, having contemn for a vile person means we are not to love everybody.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by alBHAGDADI: 3:25am On Jun 29, 2019
Shepherd00:

Sorry Mr Man, he nailed nothing but lies. Sadly, you are siding with an atheist and ipooser of God's word. That's because you are evil yourself and would want Christians to love and not hate evil. Let's see the passage again.

James 3:11-18 King James Version (KJV)
11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

But don't mind me, I am just an atheist (ex-christian) who doesn't know how to read the bible

Look, I've told you before that not all hate is wrong and not all hate is right. Where in the entire passage do you see a warning against hatred, especially the right kind of hatred?

But you have foolishly accepted the wrong interpretation coming from an atheist. Shame on you. You are not a child of God but a bastard, that's why you side with outsiders to plunder God's word.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by alBHAGDADI: 3:30am On Jun 29, 2019
Shepherd00:

Actually, you are the one taking scriptures out of context not him.

No. See?, you are misunderstanding what the Lord means there.
There are no types of hate. Hate is a malicious intent towards another person. Dislike is to detest someone or something.
Here is what the Word hate in that context means;

Greek: μισέω
Transliteration: miseō
Pronunciation: mis-eh'-o
Definition: From a primary word μῖσος misos (hatred); to detest (especially to persecute); by extension to love less: - hate (-ful).

And it is to detest the deeds of the Nicolaitans which was sorcery.
Jesus never said we hate the Nicolaitans.

alBHAGDADI, Jesus never encouraged hatred in Rev.3:6. Pls read it again.

You see how foolish you are? You quoted the Greek but couldn't see that they still rendered the whole thing as hate. Jesus commended the Church in Ephesus for hating what he also hates. Yet you say Christians are not to hate even when Jesus gave them a pat on the back for doing so. Shame on you devilish liar.

6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate

Above is Jesus Christ also having hate. If you were to see him on Television today, you will say he's unchrist-like. You will call what he said hate speech. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by alBHAGDADI: 3:50am On Jun 29, 2019
Shepherd00:

WTH is this? Do you know what Christ means by this?;
Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

That is what you just said he did by doing what you saying is wrong.
You will make lots of sense if you just keep shut

Christ, says, Love your neighbor as you Love yourself, not Love your neighbor more than you Love yourself. He knows that the enemy wants you dead, but you need to stay alive. So, If your enemy who wants you dead is hungry, feed him. But, watch out for a daggar.

I've explained this already and right from the OP.

Again, this is wrong. Jehu, though a prophet, but over Zealous in his office as a prophet and conduct.

You are so shameless to label Jehu overzealous. Where does the Bible label him in such manner? But you modern man have castigated him. Read the passage again.

And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? [/b]therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

As seen above, Jehu was pronounced the word of God to Jehoshaphat. If Jehu was overzealous, which would mean he wasn't sent by God to do that, then God would have struck him dead for pronouncing what he never said.

[b]Lamentations 3:34

Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?

And, pls learn to read in-between the lines and separate the Acts from the Actors.

If Jehovah hates Sinners, there's no way he'd take up flesh to die for us. He is still saving sinners today including YOU.

For God so loved the world...

God use to love sinners and had at one time or another loved every sinner. That's why he sent his only begotten son to die for them. But the moment they rejected him, that love fades. That's why they are going to burn in hell.

Matthew 5:43-46 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

alBHAGDA.DI, who is the enemy referred to here by the Lord?

I've explained this already right from the OP.

You lie. All the laws of God are encapsulated in the Ten Commandments and non of it contains hate for people of any kind.

You and this your love your neighbor or theory. You know nothing about it .

15 Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
3 He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
Yes, the Lord hates evil act, but does not have people, hence He justifies them in redemption.

The Psalm 15 you just quoted doesn't say we shd hate wicked people.

Then what dies the word contemn mean? It is another word or synonym for the word hate. Check the Thesaurus or other disctionaries.

Contemned is one of the synonyms for HATE as seen in the Thesaurus.
You shd use a Bible Concordance instead.

Hebrew: בּזה
Transliteration: bâzâh
Pronunciation: baw-zaw'
Definition: A primitive root; to disesteem: - {despise} {disdain} contemn ({-ptible}) + think to {scorn} vile person.
KJV Usage: despise (36x), contemptible (3x), contemned (1x), disdained (1x), vile person (1x),

Again, check the context.

All the words your Bible concerdance gave as synonyms fo contemn are still saying hate. They are all synonyms of hate.

Why aren't you walking about killing people whom you hate? Oh, you do it in your Will and intentions.You are Murderer. What then makes you different from the Muslims?

Where in the entire Bible and this thread do you see where hate is an advice to kill? If you hate bacteria infested meal, does that mean you are a murderer? If you hate a very wicked dog, does that mean you are going to kill it?

Stop being foolish.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by alBHAGDADI: 3:51am On Jun 29, 2019
Shepherd00:

These words are doctrine to you? I'm not sure you are a Christian. Maybe a Judaists.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by MuttleyLaff: 6:37am On Jun 29, 2019
Shepherd00:
You cant see the forest for the trees of what OP wrote. Everything in OP makes sense abeggy. OP na "ọmọ ologo ọmọluwabi" on this one, so "ji masun, ni idi isẹ" Shepherd00, and that loosely translated, means "wake up, dont sleep on the job" Shepherd00

alBHAGDADI:
Sorry Mr Man, he nailed nothing but lies. Sadly, you are siding with an atheist and ipooser of God's word. That's because you are evil yourself and would want Christians to love and not hate evil. Let's see the passage again.
After Monday and Tuesday the calendar says WTF, and I too in the spirit of wtf, was wondering what wtf is ipooser, then it dawned on me, you meant to type "opposer of God's word" and not "ipooser of God's word".

alBHAGDADI:
Look, I've told you before that not all hate is wrong and not all hate is right. Where in the entire passage do you see a warning against hatred, especially the right kind of hatred?
Beats me, and its because there are too many biblically illiterates about, who have truth decay, because they hardly brush up their Bible.

alBHAGDADI:
But you have foolishly accepted the wrong interpretation coming from an atheist. Shame on you.
Atheists, sometimes do get it right, just not on this one and this particular atheist definitely hasnt

alBHAGDADI:
You are not a child of God but a bastard, that's why you side with outsiders to plunder God's word.
He is no bastard, and that's because he has a father, whom we know. He however is, black sheep turned and become Goatherd00
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by OkCornel(m): 11:44am On Jun 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You see how foolish you are? You quoted the Greek but couldn't see that they still rendered the whole thing as hate. Jesus commended the Church in Ephesus for hating what he also hates. Yet you say Christians are not to hate even when Jesus gave them a pat on the back for doing so. Shame on you devilish liar.

6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate

Above is Jesus Christ also having hate. If you were to see him on Television today, you will say he's unchrist-like. You will call what he said hate speech. What a shame.

Jesus hated the DEEDS, not the person...
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by newsynews: 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
OkCornel:

Jesus hated the DEEDS, not the person...

In context to saying Christians should never hate anything, that verses shows that to be wrong because Jesus encouraged hate. In this context, hate of the deeds of some people. But Jesus is the same God who hates people for being evil. The opening post is filled with many verses that shows God hating people who are evil. You can't tell us God suddenly changed, when he himself said he changeth not. And you can't say Jesus is different from God and does things differently.

John 5:19
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Lalasticlala fp

2 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
I believe many people rushed into this thread with a huge hate for the topic because they believe Christians should never hate anybody. They believe Christians are to love everybody. That is what Hollywood and the politically correct media is teaching to get people brainwashed. However, that is not what the Bible teaches.

We are going to look at tonnes of verses and also the meaning of the word hate so as to make a balanced judgment. Ignore whatever night distract you from reading this post, cos you will become fully knowledgeable about the things of God.

Below is a list from the Thesaurus of synonyms of the word hate.

Many who are already angry at this thread and are against it don't know that they have exhibited hatred. Yet they say we should never hate anything or anybody. Look, there is hate in Christianity; the religion teaches hate for things and people, but in a certain way.

Many of those who say Christians should never hate anybody don't know how hypocritical they are. The same people will tell their kids to shun certain kids and people because they are bad company. They forget that to shun is also to hate as seen in the Thesaurus above.

What these people who have been misled will say is that God is love and so we his children ought to love everybody. Look, God is love but he also hates certain people. Read the verse below to see the kind of people God hates.

Proverbs 6:16-19
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

As seen clearly, God hates a proud person, a liar, people who shed innocent blood, a person with a wicked heart and a false witness. These are evil people and in verse 16 the Bible says they are an abomination to God. Remember how abominate is also a synonym of the word hate.

But today, people say we Christians are never to hate anybody but love everybody in the world. It is stupid because that would make us bastards. But as children of God, we are to hate what our father hates and love what he loves.

Let me ask you, do you love the wicked, the people who shed blood, the false witness etc? If you do, then you are a bastard and not a child of God. You don't have the fear of the Lord that's why you don't hate evil men whom the Lord hates.

Proverbs 8:13 (KJV)
13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

It is quite ridiculous, because these people who teach that we should love everybody, if you ask them if they love the guys below, they will say no. Yet they teach love everybody.

Adolph Hitler
Osama Bin Laden
Shekau
Murderous Herdsmen etc

Look, God hates all workers of iniquity, but here you are allowing social media and the politically correct liars to deceive you into loving that which your father hates.

Proverbs 5:5-6
5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

God hates the evil doers, but you want to love them and sit with the wicked because you have been brainwashed that Christianity is all love.

Psalm 26:5
5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.

Psalm 11:5
5 The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Now, there are some verses these people will try to use to say we ought to love everybody. They turn those verses on their head to say what they are not really saying.

The first is:

Mathew 5:43-45
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

They pick verse 44 and say Jesus said we should love our enemies. Yes that's very correct because it came from our Lord Jesus Christ. He's telling us not to hate our personal enemies. An example is someone who does us wrong at work or stole the credit for something we did at work. We are not to hate that person for that but do good to them.

Now here's the thing with these people: When I say I hate a child molester/pedophile, they will say "you are not supposed to hate anybody because Jesus said to love your enemies". How is a pedophile my enemy that I'm supposed to love him? Has he done me any wrong? Did he molest me as a child or molest my child? No. I only hate him because he's evil. He's destroying the lives of children, and you expect me to love him? You can't love children and say you also love pedophiles who hurt children.

A pedophile is an evil person whom God hates and therefore you should hate as well. If you love that pedophile, guess what will happen? You will relax and lose guard such that he will come close to you to the point of molesting your child. You are to stay away from him. He has to be shunned, which is a synonym of hate.

Now, can you say you are obeying the command of love your enemies when you tell your kids to stay away from a known child molester? No you are not. You are not also being disobedient to it because Jesus is not teaching in that passage that you should love evil people like pedophiles. He's only saying you should love your personal enemies by doing good to them just as Good loves his personal enemies by giving them rain and sunshine. Does that now mean God loves murderers, wicked people, evil doers etc? No, cos I just showed you verses that shows him hating them.

Another objection this people will put up is that they will say hatred is a work of the flesh. Then they'll say Christians are not supposed to hate because they should always walk in the spirit not the flesh. They quote the below verse.

Galatians 5:19-20
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Look, not all hatred is wrong and not all hatred is right. If I hate my enemies, then I'm wrong. But if I hate evil and evil doers, then I'm right. Even Jesus commended a whole church in Ephesus for having hatred.

Revelation 2:6

Jesus also expressed anger at the Church in Pergamos for not having hatred for the doctrine which he hates

Revelations 2:14-15
14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.

So, clearly not all hatred is right and not all hatred is wrong.

Some set of people will say they prefer to play safe by loving everybody. They don't know that doing such is like calling on the wrath of God to fall on them.

2 And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the Lord? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the Lord.

As seen above, Jehoshaphat tried to play cool by loving everybody, even the ungodly. Guess what? That made the wrath of God to be upon him. The evil people that are brainwashing you to love everybody are actually working towards the wrath of God falling on you. That is their aim, but you can't see it because you are now politically correct. They also want you to be in enemity with God

James 4:4
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

To see that we are not to love everybody, kindly read fhe below passage which gives some of the requirements to making heaven.

Psalm 15 (KJV)

As seen above, to make heaven, you have to be righteous and you have to love your neighbor and have contemn for a vile person. Contemn is another synonym for the word hate as seen in the Thesaurus above.

But people have mistaken love your neighbor to mean we have to love EVERYBODY. If the Bible says we are to have hate for a vile person, right in the same passage that speaks of love for neighbor, shouldn't that tell you that it simply means we are not to love everybody? So clearly, love your neighbor doesn't mean love everybody. Or else, why are told to hate a vile person? Having hate for a vile person means we are not to love everybody.

May God help us to be able to love what he loves and hate what he hates.

Amen.
I get what you are saying.
The answer is Love the sinners by preaching the gospel to them but not encourage their wicked ways.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by OkCornel(m): 3:56pm On Jun 29, 2019
newsynews:

In context to saying Christians should never hate anything, that verses shows that to be wrong because Jesus encouraged hate. In this context, hate of the deeds of some people. But Jesus is the same God who hates people for being evil. The opening post is filled with many verses that shows God hating people who are evil. You can't tell us God suddenly changed, when he himself said he changeth not. And you can't say Jesus is different from God and does things differently.

John 5:19
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

You said that the opening post is filled with verses showing God hating people, no doubt about that.

The opening post also showed instances of people who lived before the time of Jesus e.g David hating God's enemies. Obviously yes.

Now pay attention to what Jesus said that changed all of that.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

Matthew 5 v 43 explains the mindset that was prevalent prior to the coming of Jesus on how to deal with one's enemies (that was the time David lived in)...
And after that, Jesus said we should love both our enemies and neighbors in Matthew 5 v 44

Jesus said even more than this in the book of Luke, I'll find the reference and paste it here.

Paul wrote something in Romans 12 v 14-21;

14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Please tell me, can you do all of that Paul and Jesus mentioned up there if you hate people who are sinners or people that offends you?

Believers in the new covenant are nowhere instructed by Jesus hate people. Of course, the sinful deeds must be hated, but NOT THE PERSON.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by OkCornel(m): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You cant see the forest for the trees of what OP wrote. Everything in OP makes sense abeggy. OP na "ọmọ ologo ọmọluwabi" on this one, so "ji masun, ni idi isẹ" Shepherd00, and that loosely translated, means "wake up, dont sleep on the job" Shepherd00

After Monday and Tuesday the calendar says WTF, and I too in the spirit of wtf, was wondering what wtf is ipooser, then it dawned on me, you meant to type "opposer of God's word" and not "ipooser of God's word".

Beats me, and its because there are too many biblically illiterates about, who have truth decay, because they hardly brush up their Bible.

Atheists, sometimes do get it right, just not on this one and this particular atheist definitely hasnt

He is no bastard, and that's because he has a father, whom we know. He however is, black sheep turned and become Goatherd00

Everything the OP wrote made sense right?

That means you shouldn't complain if the OP hates homosexuals and lesbians.

Obviously, Christianity (new covenant) and Judaism (old covenant) has no place for consensual monogamous same sex relationship you have been advocating for in the church.

As for me, I stand against and hate the practice of homosexuality and lesbianism in all forms, but I don't hate the misguided souls practicing that. It takes one who loves such people to pray that the Spirit of God convicts them to change their ways.

Cc: Folykaze.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Whatever Albagadi, whatever. Your conviction is yours, not mine.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate by Shepherd00: 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

If Albagadi is right about Christ asking Christians to hate sinners, why aren't you okay with people who Persecute Homosexuals?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures: Classy Or Trashy? Can You Dress Like To Church? / Best Time To Pray And Allah Will Answer The Prayer / Lets Share Some Christmas Pictures And Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.