Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman (28884 Views)

Bandits Kill Adamu Aliyu, Miyyetti Allah Chairman In Abuja / Bandits Kill Miyyetti Allah Chairman, Abubakar Abdullahi Dambardi In Lere Kaduna / Ortom: Any Fulani Who Comes To Benue As Vigilante Will Go To Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 28, 2019
take your security to the North where it is mostly needed. at least the south is more peaceful than any other part of the country

4 Likes

Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Benekruku(m): 8:55am On Jun 28, 2019
malele:

We don’t need to send any delegates there, let them come down east for whatever they like, they will go in body bags

Chest beating runs in the blood
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Nnemuka(f): 8:56am On Jun 28, 2019
why are we discussing herdsman and RUGA settlements bikonu?
what of technology, economy nko what is happening in this country ?

6 Likes

Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Wallade(m): 8:56am On Jun 28, 2019
MetaPhysical:
•Says ranching, grazing reserves almost impossible in South-East.

Chairman of the Miyetti-Allah Cattle Breeders Association, MACBAN, in the South East zone, Alhaji Giddado Sadiq, in this interview speaks on how the proposed Fulani Vigilante will work in communities of the South-East, noting also that ranching is almost impossible in the zone because of limited land space.

The proposal is that whereve.......

That is what I mean.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/how-fulani-vigilante-will-work-in-south-east-sadiq-miyetti-allah-chair/%3famp

This people dey craze ni sha!
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by israelmao(m): 8:57am On Jun 28, 2019
Mr. Chairman go and relax it can never work.
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by luggy(m): 8:58am On Jun 28, 2019
thunder fire fulani
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 28, 2019
kingigwe1:
Story. One way to legalise guns to them. Won't work. We don't even need any cow again.
and you think it is only about arms? you see someone wanting to take over your bush .
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by olatilldend: 8:59am On Jun 28, 2019
How can you come to someone's land and form vigilante. . . this was how it started between Sudan and South Sudan.

This should be resisted in its entirety.

2 Likes

Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 28, 2019
[quote author=Robisky001 post=79732438]The Southerners should reject every Fulani Greek gift like a plague. The Southerners would be consigned to oblivion if they decide to absorb those bloodsucking Buhari kinsmen. [/quote

True unfortunately the leaders make the laws and they dont care what happens in their region besides gaining more power and making more money.
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Benekruku(m): 9:01am On Jun 28, 2019
legitnow:

This is too familiar with regards to islamic army, their modus operandi is the same as always.

First they send in refugee, in this case herdsmen, then swiftly followed by Army.

Let us call a spade a spade here, they are talking of Fulani Army being stationed indefinately in SE.

Was dis not wat Nnamdi Kanu have been shouting? It did not take long to arrive.

Like play, like play they will invade SE.

or they are already there, but asking gfor permission anyway.

https://punchng.com/our-helicopters-not-dropping-weapons-in-enugu-forest-naf/

Note, similarities to the "INVISIBLE" helicopter dropping weapons in Maiduguri for boko haram.

http://sharpedgenews.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2701:helicopters-supply-arms-food-to-boko-haram-borno-yobe-elders-allege&Itemid=692

Why have you chosen to just analyse issues like an illiterate.

Dont you presently have herdsmen in the South East? Are their no Northern settlements in the South East.

If there was ever a plan to dominate the SE, which is just a rumour born from politics. The FGN will use Military barracks across the South East. Why use herdsmen when they have barracks stationed in every state.

All the gibberish you composed up there is born out of hate.
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Evercurious(f): 9:02am On Jun 28, 2019
tunjiajayi:
From the narration, the vigilante venture might just be the way to go, it literarily takes a thief to catch a thief.

In your village I presume.

Silly talk

3 Likes

Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Earthquake3: 9:03am On Jun 28, 2019
tunjiajayi:
From the narration, the vigilante venture might just be the way to go, it literarily takes a thief to catch a thief.

Let them form it in South west

2 Likes

Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by biteck(m): 9:05am On Jun 28, 2019
No sir. Your intentions are suspect. We cannot mainstream Fulani into the native security architecture of the eastern Nigeria. What other better way to penetrate the local security and intelligence system of the South east.
There is no need for it. Ranching is the way to go.

6 Likes

Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Evercurious(f): 9:05am On Jun 28, 2019
Benekruku:

Why have you chosen to just analyse issues like an illiterate.

Dont you presently have herdsmen in the South East? Are their no Northern settlements in the South East.

If there was ever a plan to dominate the SE, which is just a rumour born from politics. The FGN will use Military barracks across the South East. Why use herdsmen when they have barracks stationed in every state.

All the gibberish you composed up there is born out of hate.

Senseless talk.. You just think we are that daft..

5 Likes

Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Edyice: 9:05am On Jun 28, 2019
Fulani's just love people's property grin and they are trying to take it using force angry

What happened to the open landed space in the north undecided. This lads just dey look for trouble upandown.

We all know how this end ...

5 Likes

Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Benekruku(m): 9:06am On Jun 28, 2019
[s]
Evercurious:

Senseless talk
[/s]
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Just2endowed2(m): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2019
princechurchill:
Trojan horse you can ask Yorubas about Kwara state

Kwara state is lost for good to the Fulani people. That's how they came in peace and use Greek gift to deceive them. I still wonder why history is not made compulsory in Nigeria education.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Evercurious(f): 9:08am On Jun 28, 2019
Benekruku:
[s][/s]

You can have them all in your village..
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by gotnel: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2019
There is no time since I was born , that we didn't have Fulani cattle breeders around.
It is just now that everything has turn upside down.
Every locality should have known the Fulani cattle breeders around them. They must have cohabiting with little or no dispute.
Nothing is new, we just must tolerate one another
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Benekruku(m): 9:10am On Jun 28, 2019
[s]
Evercurious:

You can have them all in your village..

[/s]
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Rizstar: 9:11am On Jun 28, 2019
I see dead cows littered everywhere in the east. I see a certain group of men mixing dangerous chemicals and spreading them on grasses where cows feed. I repeat i see a lot of dead cows. It's a vision, reconsider your ruga/vigilante proposals. It will be devastating, restrict your initiative to the north and southwest alone.

10 Likes

Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 28, 2019
Robisky001:
The Southerners should reject every Fulani Greek gift like a plague. The Southerners would be consigned to oblivion if they decide to absorb those bloodsucking Buhari kinsmen.

Talk about your zone and forget southerner.

Face your lane.

haba.
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Johnnyessence(m): 9:11am On Jun 28, 2019
MetaPhysical:
•Says ranching, grazing reserves almost impossible in South-East.

Chairman of the Miyetti-Allah Cattle Breeders Association, MACBAN, in the South East zone, Alhaji Giddado Sadiq, in this interview speaks on how the proposed Fulani Vigilante will work in communities of the South-East, noting also that ranching is almost impossible in the zone because of limited land space.

The proposal is that wherever you chose to live, you have to make sacrifices and do what will bring peace in the area. If you read the newspapers you will see so much criticisms on the Fulani herdsmen, the Fulani in general or the northern extraction here in the South-East and so we have to do whatever is within our reach to redeem this name. There is no race that does not have criminals among them. It is not good to say that everybody from the race is a criminal. That is why we want to come out to work with the people that we know.

The Fulani herdsmen here in the South-East or any other place are looking for greener pastures to raise their cattle. They are not here to bring about violence or to make troubles. So that is why we want to redeem the name and for people to see us as peace loving people. This vigilante we are talking about, we did not say that they are going to work on their own but they will be under the supervision of their host or under the supervision of the Fulani.

How will the Fulani vigilante work with their hosts when they leave in the bush?

Most of the clashes we are having between farmers and herders are about the destruction of crops or killing of cattle. If we have a task force or vigilante from our own Fulani side, whenever a report is made to me as a leader, like in a recent report made to me at Uzo-Uwani, which I assigned four boys to go and assess that destruction, value the destruction and make sure that the owners of the cattle pay compensation to the farmer. This thing cannot be done with only Fulani, at least the host will be there, the governor’s aide will be there with the Fulani, they will go and assess, after assessing they will know the Fulani that is responsible for that destruction. This is how they can work. Whenever there is a report of anything, these people will go. If the person responsible is from our side, they will know.

Does it mean that the Fulani vigilante boys will join the community vigilante to work together?

That is what I mean.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/how-fulani-vigilante-will-work-in-south-east-sadiq-miyetti-allah-chair/%3famp
it will never work in southern region.
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Otsam(m): 9:14am On Jun 28, 2019
MetaPhysical:
As a leader of Miyetti-Allah, have you ever caught any Fulani engaged in criminality?

This is a security matter. If you go to the office of the security agencies you will find out whether we do that or not. But when we suspect anybody we first ask the person the reason for his coming. The Miyetti-Allah has that instruction in the South-East, if such a person does not give convincing answer we hand him over to the police.

How has the Fulani vigilante been working in Enugu State as MACBAN said at the South-East security summit?

In Enugu State now, if I receive a report as a zonal chairman that cattle entered any farm, before the next day the matter will be resolved because of the boys we are working with. I told you earlier that we sent four boys to one community in Uzo-Uwani; our boys work 24 hours to ensure that there is peace between us and our host.

What is your reaction to clamis that a helicopter dropped arms for herdsmen inside a forest in Enugu State?

All these rumours are what have been causing problems every where. Does a Fulani man use jet? In every society, there are those that don’t like peace and make sure they sabotage peace. The government of Enugu State is trying. Those who make those rumours don’t like what the governor is doing. All these are rumours and lies. Are you saying the security operatives will be watching such planes go up and come down? It is not true.

There are fears that that the herdsmen want to use the N100 billion offered by the Federal Government to execute the vigilante project?

The least people that benefit from government are the Fulani. The farmers benefit more than the cattle breeders. Every year they give farmers fertilizers, they give them chemicals to farm but there is no single thing for the Fulani man. Nobody is vaccinating the cattle, no loan. We have so many people that are suffering, who have lost their cattle in this farmers and herdsmen crisis but do you know that a Fulani man cannot be compensated and it’s just about 35 percent of Fulani that have cows, the rest 65 percent have no single cow. There is no empowerment for them and now people are saying they want to give Fulani N100 billion and I just hear these things in the media. If any money was given to us, I think that I should know as a zonal chairman so that I can collect the one for South-East. I want people to discountenance all these fabricated rumours against herdsmen.

How has the Fulani embraced nomadic education given what you said that they are marginalized in Nigeria?

The nomadic schools were destroyed because of crises. Some of the schools are there but no teachers. The schools are no longer as functional as they used to be.

Did the Fulani go to the schools before the dilapidation?

They started schools before but since they are longer functional they are not going again. The schools were not functioning before some of the Fulani left those places. You know Fulani are itinerants; they don’t stay in one place. So when there is crisis in a place they leave and the nomadic school will cease to function because there is no provision for transfer of the school to his new abode.

Why is it that you people refuse to subject your cattle for checks at veterinary posts on the state borders with the North?

You should understand that there are different types of cows transported from the North to the East. We have cattle traders who use lorries to load their cattle from the North to the East. Those ones are checked, they pay before they enter any state but the ones from the nomads don’t come from the North. They were born and bred up here (South-East) and they are rearing their cows going from border to border.)

How do you think the Fulani herdsmen can redeem their image once again in Nigeria?

What I am advising Nigerians now is whoever they want to criticize, not just the Fulani, you call the leaders first. Sometimes people are afraid to invite the Miyetti-Allah to tell them that this or that will affect them and their image. Now you called me to interview me and so we are ready to answer any person or group that call on us for interaction or advice. It is wrong to stay at a distance and make conclusions about somebody or a people.

What I know is that Fulani people are good people, they are peace loving, they don’t like trouble with anybody, they respect the laws and cultures of the people. The only thing is the misunderstanding between them and the locals, and the governments in the South-East are doing something in that regard because in all the states in the South-East, we have committees regulating the affairs of herdsmen and farmers.

The committees comprise the farmers, the Igwes (traditional rulers), the local government chairmen and the herdsmen. They rob minds together and ensure that any case that arises is resolved amicably.

Do you agree that ranching is the best solution to all these problems?

I have said it that ranching, grazing reserves cannot be possible in the South-East because there is limitation of land in the South-East. What I see in the South-East is to allow a cattle rearer to go and graze his cattle. Wherever there is no farm, no housing, he is free to graze his cow. When the owners of the land want to cultivate or want to develop their land, the herdsman will shift his cattle from that place. When cows destroy farms unexpectedly, there are committees in all the South-East states, the matter should be reported to the committees and the owner of the cows will be called to account for what they destroyed, he will pay for them. If a cow was killed, the herdsmen should also report and the committee will fish out those who killed the cow and they pay for the cow they killed. I think that this is the best solution in the South-East.

So ranching can work in the North where there is enough land?

Yes.

How do you feed the cows there since the North since the area is more affected by desert encroachment and climate change?

Anybody who wants to do business must make provision for that. If they are ready to do ranching, they make provision for conveying the food from wherever to wherever.

In a nutshell, they can’t do without destroying farmlands but after destruction, their boys and a governor’s aide and the owner of the farm will evaluate the loss and agree on compensation. Continue

10 Likes

Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by Gkemz: 9:17am On Jun 28, 2019
How can criminals be the ones safety of lives and properties will be entrusted into their hands. Can Americans hire Iraqis to safeguard them.

1 Like

Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by ultimatekint(m): 9:17am On Jun 28, 2019
Is it by force?go to your area nao �
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by GeorgeTheCoder: 9:20am On Jun 28, 2019
Just a look at his eyes alone and you can see he is a liar.
Re: How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman by loganx: 9:20am On Jun 28, 2019
Fulani can join the local already existing vigilante in any area they operate within the region. requesting that they form their own vigilante structure outside their northern states has everything wrong with it.
Looks like a plan to create their own army they can command at their will, never gonna happen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

U.S., Europe may stop giving visa to Nigerian elite, politicians from tomorrow, / President Buhari Returns To Abuja From London (photos) / IPOB's Lawyer Reacts To The Group Being Ranked 10th Deadliest Terror Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.