Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. (13265 Views)

How Can I Be Free From Sin Completely? / The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin / Here's Why I Choose To Remain In COZA - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2019
As long as he feared God and could make heaven, fine.
femi4:
You are referring to Cornelius. The bible described him and his household as

Act 10:2
He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly.

They weren't filled with the holy spirit
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by masterpiecer(m): 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Ahh....the love for literature died? You are lucky. I love music and literature just like you used to. I became addicted to books and songs from young age. Well, I do believe we have artistes who are ''clean'', if you know what I mean? They may be very few tho. If you can recall the likes of Ras Kimono, etc, or West life, Backstreet boys, those guys did clean music. However it's better to dump your passions if you feel you may not be able to handle it the way God wants. You can go into gospel anyways.

No oh, I didn't say d love for literature died, its the love for "unedifying literature" that died. I'm a chorister in church. I come to realise, everything that God gives a man as a gift or talent could either be use to glorify God or the devil. Since God is the giver, it's only reasonable to glorify Him with what He gives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2019
Oh.....I get your point. You are very correct.
masterpiecer:

No oh, I didn't say d love for literature died, its the love for "unedifying literature" that died. I'm a chorister in church. I come to realise, everything that God gives a man as a gift or talent could either be use to glorify God or the devil. Since God is the giver, it's only reasonable to glorify Him with what He gives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by femi4: 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
As long as he feared God and could make heaven, fine.
The topic is on holy spirit not about making heaven or not

Cornelius and his household knew and feared God but also came to the understanding of personality of Jesus Christ via Peter and holy spirit

Peter talking to Cornelius and his household

Act10:37

You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. 37You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

39“We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, 40but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. 41He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. 43All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by Deepfeel(m): 7:25pm On Jun 30, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Hey, cool down. Most of the songs contain foul language and sexually explicit pictures, ok? If only you know me, you would even pray that spirit of distrust should leave me. I am too strong minded, I don't trust anyone. Still working on myself to get better anyway.
Solomon used a lot of sexual words to paint clear sexual explicit pictures in his songs those songs are in the Bible Christians read it daily, but not every circular music contains foul language listen to it selectively but saying I will quit circular music completely it's just work of the flesh you might get depressed with the temptation to listen to it when u hear someone or a neighbor playing them
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by djon78(m): 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
This is too long and too mechanical

That's the problem we have with christiandom in Nigeria

You overcome by exposing yourself to God's word.

Bible said faith comes by hearing. Hearing God's word strengthens your spirit man to dominate your flesh.

You don't overcome your flesh by your own power. In fact your own power is no match to the flesh. But the flesh cannot stand God's power.

That's why you see people held for years prisoners to all manner of addictions, encounter power from God's word and they get transformed

Christianity is not mechanical
It is encounter with the life of God, Zoe.
Mechanical Christianity is more of the letter.

Paul said that the letter killeth but the spirit gives life

Jesus in John 6 said it is the spirit that quickens, the flesh profits nothing, the words is speak to you are spirit and life.

Mechanical Christianity is the reason there is so much noise around but no impact, no life changing encounter, no transformation in the life of many

David said in the Psalms oh taste and see that the Lord is good. Mechanical Christianity leaves you to dos and fonts. But there is more to Christianity it is not dos and donts but enjoying the sweetness of God's very life and very nature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:31pm On Jun 30, 2019
djon78:

Bible said faith comes by hearing. Hearing God's word strengthens your spirit man to dominate your flesh.

You don't overcome your flesh by your own power. In fact your own power is no match to the flesh. But the flesh cannot stand God's power.

That's why you see people held for years prisoners to all manner of addictions, encounter power from God's word and they get transformed

Jesus in John 6 said it is the spirit that quickens, the flesh profits nothing, the words is speak to you are spirit and life.

Mechanical Christianity is the reason there is so much noise around but no impact, no life changing encounter, no transformation in the life of many

David said in the Psalms oh taste and see that the Lord is good. Mechanical Christianity leaves you to dos and fonts. But there is more to Christianity it is not dos and donts but enjoying the sweetness of God's very life and very nature.

You overcome the flesh by the help of the holy spirit of God..... With your cooperation.

Paul said, I (not the holy spirit, but through his help) keep my body under so that when I have preached to others, I will not be a cast away....

If somebody like Paul could say this,

You don't give the flesh space...it will mess you up.

Look at scandals here and there.... To those involved, they would wish it had been the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by UceeGod: 10:35pm On Jun 30, 2019
Originakalokalo:

❝And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:❞
—Revelation 6: 9 (KJV)

Jesus said that no one enters the kingdom of God EXCEPT he is born again.

In that verse above, it is the souls that are in heaven. They couldn't have entered that holy place except they are born again.

The Souls in there are born again. Or reborn.
Our subject here is a living soul on earth. Does the Holy Spirit reside within the soul or the renewed spirit? I haven't seen anywhere in the Bible that refers to a renewed soul, but new spirit is very well mentioned (Ezekiel 11:19, 18:31, 36:26).
The spirit of man is the only means through which he communicates with his Creator, the soul is meant to be subject to the spirit for the man to realize God's purpose for him on earth. It's the spirit that comes alive at regeneration as the Holy Spirit mingles with the spirit man. The soul begins to transform as he obeys the spirit from moment to moment. The body also responds gradually to the thoughs, feelings and intentions of soul but will finally be transfigured at the second coming of Christ.

BTW the book of revelation shouldn't be taken literally, most parts of the book are very much symbolic. Dead souls in Christ can't be in heaven right now, they will all be resurrected at the 2nd coming of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by Originakalokalo(m): 3:48am On Jul 01, 2019
UceeGod:

Our subject here is a living soul on earth. Does the Holy Spirit reside within the soul or the renewed spirit? I haven't seen anywhere in the Bible that refers to a renewed soul, but new spirit is very well mentioned (Ezekiel 11:19, 18:31, 36:26).
The spirit of man is the only means through which he communicates with his Creator, the soul is meant to be subject to the spirit for the man to realize God's purpose for him on earth. It's the spirit that comes alive at regeneration as the Holy Spirit mingles with the spirit man. The soul begins to transform as he obeys the spirit from moment to moment. The body also responds gradually to the thoughs, feelings and intentions of soul but will finally be transfigured at the second coming of Christ.

BTW the book of revelation shouldn't be taken literally, most parts of the book are very much symbolic. Dead souls in Christ can't be in heaven right now, they will all be resurrected at the 2nd coming of Christ.

I am not saying that souls are in heaven now. That revelation is for time to come.

What I am saying is that souls are going to be in the kingdom of God not the spirit. ....and souls cannot be in the kingdom of God except they are born again.

Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

I think at salvation, the spirit of man is renewed and this causes the rebirth of the soul. Both are changed....I think.

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:27am On Jul 01, 2019
God wants you to be free. Come to him today.

For you who have decided to follow and have always fear and keep his commandments,

Continue in this daily...keeping your body under every moment.

This is freedom from sin.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by Originakalokalo(m): 2:56pm On Jul 01, 2019
Child of God, don't be ruled by your body.

Do not rely on your senses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by booksrite001: 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2019
masterpiecer:

angry
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by booksrite001: 10:33pm On Jul 01, 2019
lilmissfavvy:
Oh.....I get your point. You are very correct.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by Originakalokalo(m): 7:37am On Jul 03, 2019
djon78:

We are not bound by dos and donts as Christians.

But we are not careless either.

We watch and guard our hearts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by Originakalokalo(m): 8:01am On Jul 04, 2019
Jesus gives power to live above sin.

Come to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by charlsy(m): 11:45am On Jul 05, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Jesus gives power to live above sin.

Come to him.
I want to get rid of any forms of desires of the flesh in all aspects. I hate the feeling of having to in my weakness, succumb to the flesh and thereafter asking God for forgiveness over again for the same thing. It’s depressing. Please respond, thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:52am On Jul 05, 2019
charlsy:

I want to get rid of any forms of desires of the flesh in all aspects. I hate the feeling of having to in my weakness, succumb to the flesh and thereafter asking God for forgiveness over again for the same thing. It’s depressing. Please respond, thanks

Pls PM me. Let's discuss in private....through. Mails.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2019
charlsy:

I have replied your mail.

Since you feel this way, God is ready to save you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by Originakalokalo(m): 10:43am On Jul 29, 2019
There is no freedom without Jesus.
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:18am On Aug 09, 2019
Come to Jesus. He only can guarantee freedom.
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by CodeTemplar: 9:54am On Aug 09, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Demons are like zombies. They are in agony when outside human body. They fell better inside of man.

Without sin, they cannot have access into your body. Sin breaks the edge and protection that a human soul has.

In my previous thread, I have dealt with how they suggest sin from afar and gain control after one has yielded. I will not deal with this here.

So, having known your natural disposition as a man, demons fuel these dispositions so as to have access into you...

Naturally, you respond to sex. But they can fuel it.

This is the power of sin; it is natural to man and it is fueled by demons.
explains why use of demon is key in customizing initiates.
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by CodeTemplar: 10:37am On Aug 09, 2019
Deepfeel:

So you will quit listing to circular music cause someone beliefs it's a sin? Hmm you sure have a weak mind that can easily be manipulated believe me you will easily fall for a fake pastor

With your stance above, it is equally cool if you have to watch 18 rated scenes embedded within drama movies with interesting plot.
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by CodeTemplar: 10:40am On Aug 09, 2019
lightblazingnow:

Just pray for folks. So many are dead,deaf and blind.
Why not you?
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by Deepfeel(m): 10:44am On Aug 09, 2019
CodeTemplar:

With your stance above, it is equally cool if you have to watch 18 rated scenes embedded within drama movies with interesting plot.
Why not, nothing bad there
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by CodeTemplar: 10:46am On Aug 09, 2019
Deepfeel:

You will as well plug out your eyes or walk around the streets with your ears and eyes closed to avoid seen or hearing things that will make you fall into sin right, the world we are living in is filled with all these things and if u say u will avoid them then you will have to go live in the wilderness alone, Jesus himself attended wedding parties circular music was played in those parties, he was always in the company of worldly people eating and drinking with them it never affected him cause he knows who he was, Paul said in Colossians 2/20 you have died with Christ and are free from the ruling spirit of the universe, why then do you live as though you belong to this world? Why do you obey such rules as (21) don't handle this, don't taste that, don't touch the others? (23) of course such rules appear to be based on wisdom in their forced worship of angles and false humility and several treatments of the body but they have no real value in controlling the physical passions

There is a difference between avoidable & willful sin or temptations and non avoidable ones.
That's why dark initiation are accompanied by sinful thing like alcohol, blood, fornication, adultery etc. It is harder to chase out that which you invited willingly or even consciously.
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by CodeTemplar: 10:47am On Aug 09, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! Tomorrow you'll say you are not constantly praying against the devil.
? ? ?
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by CodeTemplar: 10:56am On Aug 09, 2019
Deepfeel:
Why not, nothing bad there
Wao...
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by Deepfeel(m): 10:57am On Aug 09, 2019
CodeTemplar:

There is a difference between avoidable & willful sin or temptations and non avoidable ones.
That's why dark initiation are accompanied by sinful thing like alcohol, blood, fornication, adultery etc. It is harder to chase out that which you invited willingly or even consciously.

Was it sinful for Jesus to drink alcohol, eat with fornicators and prostitutes, and attend weddings where they played and danced to worldly music?
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by CodeTemplar: 10:59am On Aug 09, 2019
Deepfeel:

Was it sinful for Jesus to drink alcohol, eat with fornicators and prostitutes, and attend weddings where they played and danced to worldly music?
scriptural backup pls.
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by LordReed(m): 11:10am On Aug 09, 2019
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by CodeTemplar: 11:13am On Aug 09, 2019
LordReed:

Prayer? ? ?
Re: Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. by LordReed(m): 11:25am On Aug 09, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Prayer? ? ?

What is your point?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? / Why I Am Not An Atheist / Is Having Sex Or Romance In Dream Truly An Indication Of Having Spiritual Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.