Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,434 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

My Take On Pastor Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Take On Pastor Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation (282 Views)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Breaks Silence On How He Battled Undisclosed Sickness / Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations / Church Of Satan Blasts Pastor Fatoyinbo Over Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On Pastor Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Opeyemisamuel06(m): 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2019
MY TAKE ON PASTOR FATOYINBO RAPE ALLEGATION

Pelumi Olajengbesi Esq.

I have repeatedly watched the interview video of Timi Dakolo's wife, Busola Dakolo, which unveils the issue of her alleged rape by Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of COZA. I found it disturbing, sodomic and intolerable.
Understandably, I have been troubled since the story broke and that prompts this written reaction. I am all the more pained owing to the fact that the accused, Pastor Biodun Fatoyimbo is a man I am emotionally connected to, and for whom I have a lot of respect, particularly enjoying his teachings.

Legally speaking, no matter the cathartic strength of Busola Dakolo ‘s story it is not in itself sufficient proof of guilt nor a conviction of the pastor. It does, however, seriously calls his person and character into doubt- and it is clearly a matter that mandates a robust public response from him.

I became a passionate follower of Fatoyinbo as a law undergraduate in the University of Abuja around 2010. I attended his services as often as twice a week at ThisDay Dome, the former location of the church. I am naturally not one easily excitable about men of God or church programs but I fortuitously went along to the church for the first time because some female friends of mine had begged me to drop them off. I found myself enjoying the service that very first encounter, and formed the habit of attending his services all by myself.

It is despairing in no small way, thus, to have to repeatedly confront the issue of his alleged infidelity and even worst, rape. It is truly a serious matter that calls for a neutral arbiter and a full hearing on his innocence or lack of same.

It is a vital duty to show responsibility for people under one’s care to avoid any behavior or omissions that could reasonably be foreseen to cause harm to others. This duty of care and responsibility is unreservedly extended to Pst. Biodun Fatoyinbo which makes it imperative that full investigations be allowed to run its cause to determine his innocence or culpability.

I have contacted numbers of civil society groups to please take interest and help engage this issues critically so that we may liberate our society from such bondage.

I do extend my commendations to Mrs. Busola Dakolo for speaking out, and for her sake hope that her claims are provable for it is this that truly matters in our judicial process and not the sentiments evoked by her narration.

Let justice prevail.

Thank you.

Pelumi Olajengbesi Esq. is a Public Interest Lawyers and the Principal Partner at Pelumi Olajengbesi & Co. Law Corridor.

Re: My Take On Pastor Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Righteousness89(m): 10:47pm On Jun 28, 2019
Nice Advert bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On Pastor Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Benekruku(m): 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2019
If in 48 hours,. Biodun does not press charges then it's over.
Re: My Take On Pastor Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by eyeview: 11:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
The man may be sexually immoral but this particular case is not a rape case. How can he rape you in your home where you claim your siblings were around, then went to his car and got you a drink. After drinking, you had another rape session and thereafter met for many more rapes which included in his car.

Every girl is using this trending "speak out against rape" to term every sex they later regretted as rape.
Re: My Take On Pastor Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by thesicilian: 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2019
Righteousness89:
Nice Advert bro
Don't mind him. Most of the people standing with this or that are just in it for their personal interest, either fame, attention or money.
Re: My Take On Pastor Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by internationalman(m): 11:44pm On Jun 28, 2019
If we should really go by the definition of rape, then almost every girl is a rape victim and almost every guy has raped before...

Hell, some guys are still currently raping their girlfriends as we speak..

(1) (Reply)

African Countries With Christianity As The Religion Of The Majority / It Would Be Hard For "Rebellious & Self Righteous Athiests To Be Saved / Why Do Prophets In Nigerian Remove Their Shoes During Prophecy.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.