Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? (1052 Views)

PDP To APC: Where Is Buhari’s Rice Pyramid, You Owe Nigerians Explanation / How Is It That Over 100 Innocent Nigerians Are Killed And There Is No Outrage? / Asari Dokubo, Edwin Clark, ND Avengers; Why No Outrage Over Iniquity At NDDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by Daviddson(m): 9:14am On Jun 29, 2019
Hello people. Have we noticed that aside from the ministers who have long vacated their offices, almost all of Buhari's appointees like Media Aides, SGF, etc, are still functioning as if they've been reappointed whereas no such announcement has been made?
Or maybe I missed the news, both on the social media and the TV.

Why's Buhari's government so disjointed and full of mal-administration? I read on this thread - https://www.nairaland.com/5271439/why-ministerial-appointment-being-delayed - how Boss Mustapha was explaining why Buhari hasn't appointed ministers as if he himself is still the SGF grin. Doesn't this show totally clueless about the law the president is?
Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by Daviddson(m): 9:25am On Jun 29, 2019
Aside Falana who raised the alarm a week, no media outfit has drawn the attention of the public to it. Is this not irresponsible governance and irresponsible followership?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 29, 2019
Daviddson:
Aside Falana who raised the alarm a week, no media outfit has drawn the attention of the public to it. Is this not irresponsible governance and irresponsible followership?
The reason is that these appointees are called the kitchen cabinet.
Their appointment does not go through the national assembly.
For example, would the president need to reappoint his ADC? CSO? DRIVER? COOK? ETC?
Agreed that these are not civil servants like "principal secretary to the president" etc who would naturally carry on in office until they retire,but these kitchen staff are appointees of the sitting president. Ignore what Osinbajo said about a power vaccum between midnight and swearing in, there wasn't. The sitting president remains in office until the minute a new president is sworn in. That is why we have the handover ceremony.

For as long as PMB handed over to himself, he handed over the kitchen cabinet to himself, so there was no need to reappoint a driver etc. Notice that these people do not even take oath of office. They are personal kitchen staff attached to the president. The public announcement of their appointment and removal is just mere paparazzi.

Even back in 2015 as per freshly elected candidate, his kitchen cabinet from home became his kitchen cabinet as president. The only times he needed to make an announced appointment was in cases where he was either replacing any of them, or where he was appointing into an office that never had someone.

If there is any paper work to be done with regards tenure, if any was ever stated in their appointment letters, that must have been done already.

I'm not a Buhari diehard supporter, but I'm just trying to make common sense.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by theSpark(m): 10:56am On Jun 29, 2019
I was surprised to see Mr Boss Mustapha making comments authoritatively. It's his prerogative to reappoint them but due process must be followed.
Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by helinues: 10:59am On Jun 29, 2019
Lead a protest to Aso rock on Monday
Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by blackpanda: 11:09am On Jun 29, 2019
Una like wahala sha

Meanwhile, fatoyinbo must be jailed grin
Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by Daviddson(m): 11:50am On Jun 29, 2019
Cacawa2:

The reason is that these appointees are called the kitchen cabinet.
Their appointment does not go through the national assembly.
For example, would the president need to reappoint his ADC? CSO? DRIVER? COOK? ETC?
Agreed that these are not civil servants like "principal secretary to the president" etc who would naturally carry on in office until they retire,but these kitchen staff are appointees of the sitting president. Ignore what Osinbajo said about a power vaccum between midnight and swearing in, there wasn't. The sitting president remains in office until the minute a new president is sworn in. That is why we have the handover ceremony.

For as long as PMB handed over to himself, he handed over the kitchen cabinet to himself, so there was no need to reappoint a driver etc. Notice that these people do not even take oath of office. They are personal kitchen staff attached to the president. The public announcement of their appointment and removal is just mere paparazzi.

Even back in 2015 as per freshly elected candidate, his kitchen cabinet from home became his kitchen cabinet as president. The only times he needed to make an announced appointment was in cases where he was either replacing any of them, or where he was appointing into an office that never had someone.

If there is any paper work to be done with regards tenure, if any was ever stated in their appointment letters, that must have been done already.

I'm not a Buhari diehard supporter, but I'm just trying to make common sense.
Do you know that the position of SGF is in the Constitution unlike those of ADC, chief of staff, etc, that are not fixed by the law or even the Constitution?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by ken6488(m): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2019
grin Why protest

Person talk now..

Some fools will call you wailers

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by orisa37: 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2019
Burutai is the most powerful of all the Chieves. He has Herds too.
Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by KidsNEXTdoor: 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2019
helinues:

This is the kind of things supporting the tyrant..

In a sane society.. A certificateless cow rearer has nothing to do with governance..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by helinues: 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

This is the kind of things supporting the tyrant..

In a sane society.. A certificateless cow rearer has nothing to do with governance..

If it by certificates, world leaders should be professors or...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by Kaceman(m): 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2019
When Everybody don make that rape case their business wen ee no even dey affect them
Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2019
Daviddson:
Do you know that the position of SGF is in the Constitution unlike those of ADC, chief of staff, etc, that are not fixed by the law or even the Constitution?

Nope. Unlike accountant general of the federation and attorney general of the federation and auditor general of the federation and surgeon general of the federation, the SGF (secretary to the government of the federation) position is not In the constitution. That’s why in the year 2001 or so, the then opposition party AD queried the president (Obasanjo) for creating an unconstitutional office higher than the ministers. They were demanding that the SGF , if there had to be one, should be appointed a minister ( Minister of Cabinet) and made to pass through National Assembly screening like all other ministers. Their grouse was that if he insisted on doing it his own way, then he should name it “Secretary to the Federal Government” instead.

Furthermore, the position of ADC is not in the constitution per Se, but is in the power of the armed forces to assign ADCs to senior officers of which the president (while in office) is most senior
Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by Daviddson(m): 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2019
Cacawa2:

Nope. Unlike accountant general of the federation and attorney general of the federation and auditor general of the federation and surgeon general of the federation, the SGF (secretary to the government of the federation) position is not In the constitution. That’s why in the year 2001 or so, the then opposition party AD queried the president (Obasanjo) for creating an unconstitutional office higher than the ministers. They were demanding that the SGF , if there had to be one, should be appointed a minister ( Minister of Cabinet) and made to pass through National Assembly screening like all other ministers. Their grouse was that if he insisted on doing it his own way, then he should name it “Secretary to the Federal Government” instead.

Furthermore, the position of ADC is not in the constitution per Se, but is in the power of the armed forces to assign ADCs to senior officers of which the president (while in office) is most senior
Well, I once had a hard copy of the 2007 Constitution (as amended) and I read it cover to cover, and I can tell you that the position is provided for therein. That possibly means it was included in 2007.
Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2019
Daviddson:
Well, I once had a hard copy of the 2007 Constitution (as amended) and I read it cover to cover, and I can tell you that the position is provided for therein. That possibly means it was included in 2007.

I will have a read. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by fergie001: 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2019
helinues:
I know you here when you started commenting apt and direct,

These days I don't know what has come over you...or is it the real you?

Someoen asked a vital question, and its something Falana had raised and its important.....I no use this thing know you abeg....
Re: Why Is Buhari Breaking The Law And There's No Outrage? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 29, 2019
The conspiracy of silence, complicity and perhaps cowardice within the civil society throughout Buhari's government is shocking to say the least. Where are all the 'NADECO' wannabes who were always making noise and disturbing the peace during Jonathan's administration and prior?

All the so-called activists and social crusaders? Nothing. Everybody is silent and motionless. No matter what Buhari's government does or fails to do, everyone remains in that passive, paralysed state of lethargy. Why, for goodness sake?

(1) (Reply)

List 5 Important Things That Will Make Lagos Work And Develop - Lagos For Us ALL / What Is The Legal Age Of Sexual Consent In Nigeria. / BREAKING: Ohaneze Reveals Identity Of Ekweremadu’s Attackers In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.