Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,768 members, 7,798,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing (11492 Views)

What Is Increasing Deaths Among African Americans From COVID-19 Is Racism / Biography: Rex Bigi Biography, Age, Songs, Photos/preference / 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by Offpoint: 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2019
Greatzeus:

Then you are lucky to be born in the 2000s or at most late 90s. In the 90s you can't be a hip hop fan without buying an album,where will you see music to download No online download,no YouTube,no social media,no streaming sites, wait where is the phone sef Only Nitel and cellular phones were available then, how many have access to it
I have lots of albums I bought in the 90s,I still have an album I have early 2000s,more than 15 years with me
No wonder you carry Eminem for head undecided You know nothing about rap music,you are listening to flows,real rap fans follow the lyrics and they know the real stuff when they hear it. Most of you are controlled by mainstream media,that's is why your favorite rappers are also those been pushed down the throat of people by MTV and co.
What are you trying to say? Eminem is not a good rapper?

When talking about greatest rappers of all time, biggie, 2pac and Eminem are.... take it or leave it.

Go through Eminem lyrics Sir

1 Like

Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by Slikbae: 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2019
When and where did Remaining compare himself with Wizkid? Get your facts right.
Fans are the ones doing the comparison not Rema. Stop posting nonsense for likes.
stanley000:
ABI o, no wonder one small half-baked kid with 2 singles is now comparing himself with a full blown artiste with almost 4 albums.
Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 29, 2019
Offpoint:
Too long...

The only Musician I've ever downloaded his Album from A-Z is Eminem.

I've never bought a CD or Movie my entire life.
Now that's a real artiste.. All the song on his album are a hit back to back..

I wonder how he does it though. With so many words in a particular rap song he still manages to make album all the time.
Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 29, 2019
Greatzeus:

Then you are lucky to be born in the 2000s or at most late 90s. In the 90s you can't be a hip hop fan without buying an album,where will you see music to download No online download,no YouTube,no social media,no streaming sites, wait where is the phone sef Only Nitel and cellular phones were available then, how many have access to it
I have lots of albums I bought in the 90s,I still have an album I have early 2000s,more than 15 years with me
No wonder you carry Eminem for head undecided You know nothing about rap music,you are listening to flows,real rap fans follow the lyrics and they know the real stuff when they hear it. Most of you are controlled by mainstream media,that's is why your favorite rappers are also those been pushed down the throat of people by MTV and co.
You still have an album of 2000s with you?

Exactly when do you think Eminem album was the best selling rap album of all time..

You talking about lyrics, who has lyrics more than Eminem
Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2019
Offpoint:

What are you trying to say? Eminem is not a good rapper?

When talking about greatest rappers of all time, biggie, 2pac and Eminem are.... take it or leave it.

Go through Eminem lyrics Sir
Don't mind him.

When you talk about lyrics Eminem is also there at the top.
Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by Stricklybidness: 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2019
stanley000:
ABI o, no wonder one small half-baked kid with 2 singles is now comparing himself with a full blown artiste with almost 4 albums.
The thing tire person...only to come out with two singles and be making noise up and down..
Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by Stricklybidness: 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2019
Starboytwo:
Yea I was with Davido last night and I asked him about his album, baba say until chioma born for am...
Lol...ona no go kill son of man...
Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by Stricklybidness: 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2019
Tharaja:
I just need a job....Great people of this Great forum, Pls help a brother out of this joblessness . Depression want to kill me in Abuja
I think say na only me...I'm also in abj job hunting...let's get to know each other better...hit me up on 07061221512
Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by ricon: 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2019
AdorableJosh:

It's instructive, you getting angry with her being a 'celebrity' than the issue at hand.
Far from that, the issue at hand is condemnable already just stating the fact that this rape thing is not new in the society just that these celebrities reacting now heard those cases but never gave it a voice.
Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by Offpoint: 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2019
GutsOverFear:

Now that's a real artiste.. All the song on his album are a hit back to back..

I wonder how he does it though. With so many words in a particular rap song he still manages to make album all the time.
Was surprised at that guy comment, lyrically no rapper can stand Eminem. Dude's crazy with words and rhymes. In fact most rappers avoid him when it comes to dissing.

His Track "Legacy" I consider to be the greatest rap song, cuz of words play and how he maintain Syllabus effortlessly.
Even at 45 his kamikaze Album was fire.
Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 29, 2019
Offpoint:

Was surprised at that guy comment, lyrically no rapper can stand Eminem. Dude's crazy with words and rhymes. In fact most rappers avoid him when it comes to dissing.

His Track "Legacy" I consider to be the greatest rap song, cuz of words play and how he maintain Syllabus effortlessly.
Even at 45 his kamikaze Album was fire.
that legacy was my favorite then... But now I can't seem to get enough of Lucky you and venom..

He's a complete rapper.. Flow, lyrics, acrobatic stunt with words(word play) and speed he's going them all..
Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by Mryacks: 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2019
For the average basic listener all they care about is a bit to bounce to especially in Naija. Most of the artist full body work is average so releasing singles is better for both the artists and listeners.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by Ryocaj(m): 12:44am On Jun 30, 2019
Tharaja:
I just need a job....Great people of this Great forum, Pls help a brother out of this joblessness . Depression want to kill me in Abuja
u r not alone bro.. I don tire here 4 Lagos.. its frustrating
Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by Memphitz537(m): 1:25am On Jun 30, 2019
Greatzeus:

On point,bro!!
Well said. I grew up in the Yo!Mtv Raps era and it's safe to say the 90's era was the best in music history.
Re: Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing by booksrite001: 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2019
mryacks:
For the average basic listener all they care about is a bit to bounce to especially in Naija. Most of the artist full body work is average so releasing singles is better for both the artists and listeners..

lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Ten Songs of 2005 / Simi And Adekunle Gold - ‘By You’ (Video) / Nigeria's Top 5 New Beatmakers/producers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.