Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume (2799 Views)

HUAWEI BAN: US To Approve Sale Of Huawei Phone With Licenses / Us/china Trade War: Huawei Ships 1 Million Smartphones With Its Hongmeng OS / Us-china Trade War Officially Kicks Off Today ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by temitofa(m): 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2019
This could just be the best of news for fans of Huawei around the globe. US companies have once again been given the nod to continue doing business the embattled Chinese firm. President Trump made the today at a news conference on the sidelines of the G20 summit in Osaka.

After meeting with Xi, Trump held a news conference in which he made the announcement.

He said: “US companies can sell their equipment to Huawei.

“We’re talking about equipment where there’s no great national security problem with it.

“I said that’s okay, that we will keep selling that product, these are American companies that make these products. That’s very complex, by the way.

“I’ve agreed to allow them to continue to sell that product so that American companies will continue.”

During the talks between the two leaders, it was agreed the trade war between the two superpowers would be paused.

Besides lifting the trade ban on Huawei, Trump announced the States and China would resume trade talks that broke down last month.

Consequently, Trump also agreed to put on hold the idea of putting additional Tariff on China for the “time being,” and that he’ll allow U.S. companies to supply Huawei Technologies Co., though the issue of allowing Huawei to sell its products, which include smartphones, laptops, and communications infrastructure technologies, to the U.S. has not been changed.

As part of the truce, Chinese President Xi Jinping promised to buy “tremendous” amounts of U.S. agricultural products in exchange.

“We’re going to give them a list of things we’d like them to buy,” Trump said at the news conference. The entire trade ban could become a thing of the past if the whole trade talk ends well.

via

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by kerzhim(m): 1:13pm On Jun 29, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Trump has finally realised he was on a mission to liberate china and gave them the opportunity to become world power in IT industry, so he quickly retreated.

I predicted this when it unfolded, and some people was here saying Huawei will be the one to suffer the consequences.

US is just been overrated...... Na initial gra gra!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Kaceman(m): 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2019
Thank you better person
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by budaatum: 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2019
Dem gragra finish when US companies felt the pain of Huawei ban. grin cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by lanre316: 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2019
kerzhim:
grin grin grin grin
Trump has finally realised he was on a mission to liberate china and gave them the opportunity to become world power in IT industry, so he quickly retreated.

I predicted this when it unfolded, and some people was here saying Huawei will be the one to suffer the consequences.

You're right. USA was about to unleash the hidden dragon (China) with their ban. Huawei/China will suffer initially because US is influential globally but if they survive the US ban, they will become too powerful to control. And other nations and companies will see that US power has limits and start daring them

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by countryfive: 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2019
shocked
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2019
I expected this matter to end in a more "Dramatic" way
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Samnick: 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
China mind:u tinks say u fit do me anyhow u go do as if na u get dis world. foolish American

america mind: for in mind he tinks say he don win watch yor bck I'm coming 4 u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2019
lanre316:

You're right. USA was about to unleash the hidden dragon (China) with their ban. Huawei/China will suffer initially because US is influential globally but if they survive the US ban, they will become too powerful to control. And other nations and companies will see that US power has limits and start daring them
no US company would have gained anything from the ban. Huawei is their customer and you don't gain anything from losing your second biggest customer

1 Like

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Twenty47(m): 4:25pm On Jun 29, 2019
Hmm... Thats good but it won't stop china from developing their own chips shall
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Cletus77(m): 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2019
Suddenly they're no longer the spies of China and a security threat. sad

Sometimes Trump behaves somehow

1 Like

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Cletus77(m): 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2019
Twenty47:
Hmm... Thats good but it won't stop china from developing their own chips shall
Hahahaha..dat one for pain US

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Cletus77(m): 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2019
Lol..me am just imagining China/Huawei saying..

"We don hear, but the development of our own chips/OS is still on grin

Us be like.."na wa o..pesin no fit play with una again?" grin

6 Likes

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by biosilicon: 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2019
grin
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by sparog(m): 6:14pm On Jun 29, 2019
This shouldn't stop them from launching their OS mbok

Let's see if we can get something better than Android

grin

1 Like

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by abdulazeez1002(m): 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2019
kerzhim:
grin grin grin grin

Wow
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Eventspro23: 7:41pm On Jun 29, 2019
I knew it. I knew USA won’t be able to bear the good news coming from China lately.

From winning 5G contracts in many European countries and many Asians countries to many other sweet good news emanating from China
Super computer etc
Truly, US is overrated cheesy
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Blastedholligan: 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2019
temitofa:
This could just be the best of news for fans of Huawei around the globe. US companies have once again been given the nod to continue doing business the embattled Chinese firm. President Trump made the today at a news conference on the sidelines of the G20 summit in Osaka.

After meeting with Xi, Trump held a news conference in which he made the announcement.

He said: “US companies can sell their equipment to Huawei.

“We’re talking about equipment where there’s no great national security problem with it.

“I said that’s okay, that we will keep selling that product, these are American companies that make these products. That’s very complex, by the way.

“I’ve agreed to allow them to continue to sell that product so that American companies will continue.”

During the talks between the two leaders, it was agreed the trade war between the two superpowers would be paused.

Besides lifting the trade ban on Huawei, Trump announced the States and China would resume trade talks that broke down last month.

Consequently, Trump also agreed to put on hold the idea of putting additional Tariff on China for the “time being,” and that he’ll allow U.S. companies to supply Huawei Technologies Co., though the issue of allowing Huawei to sell its products, which include smartphones, laptops, and communications infrastructure technologies, to the U.S. has not been changed.

As part of the truce, Chinese President Xi Jinping promised to buy “tremendous” amounts of U.S. agricultural products in exchange.

“We’re going to give them a list of things we’d like them to buy,” Trump said at the news conference. The entire trade ban could become a thing of the past if the whole trade talk ends well.

via
so all those things na initial gra gra
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Blastedholligan: 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2019
kerzhim:
grin grin grin grin

lol. The USA just wised up at the last minute

1 Like

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Blastedholligan: 7:58pm On Jun 29, 2019
Eventspro23:
I knew it. I knew USA won’t be able to bear the good news coming from China lately.

From winning 5G contracts in many European countries and many Asians countries to many other sweet good news emanating from China

Truly, USA is overrated cheesy
I wish the ban continued so that there will be competion and it will reflect on prices of device.

4 Likes

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by kerzhim(m): 8:05pm On Jun 29, 2019
Blastedholligan:
lol. The USA just wised up at the last minute
Am telling you grin
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by onyidon21: 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
LWKM.
Last year, the US banned her companies from supplying micro chips to China to prevent them from using it on their work in progress super computer.
In retaliation, China invested heavily on building micro chips and just recently they launched the world's fastest Super computer without us micro chips. Trump must have been informed of the impending consequences of his actions.
Nevertheless, Lifting the ban now is already too late because it won't stop China from developing their own os. Also the rest of the world will now be cautious when doing businesses with US companies as they have learned that US can impose sanctions at will.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Twenty47(m): 8:25pm On Jun 29, 2019
Cletus77:
Hahahaha..dat one for pain US
Haha...i tell you bro

1 Like

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Eventspro23: 8:31pm On Jun 29, 2019
Blastedholligan:
I wish the ban continued so that there will be competion and it will reflect on prices of device.

Absolutely
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by ATTITUDE2: 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2019
imagine all the time nairlanders wasted arguing on who will win.

upon all the gra gra.�

1 Like

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by ken6488(m): 9:53pm On Jun 29, 2019
onyidon21:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
LWKM.
Last year, the US banned her companies from supplying micro chips to China to prevent them from using it on their work in progress super computer.
In retaliation, China invested heavily on building micro chips and just recently they launched the world's fastest Super computer without us micro chips. Trump must have been informed of the impending consequences of his actions.
Nevertheless, Lifting the ban now is already too late because it won't stop China from developing their own os. Also the rest of the world will now be cautious when doing businesses with US companies as they have learned that US can impose sanctions at will.

India currently developing there own whatsapp
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Chukabiz(m): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2019
Lifting or not, China should please go ahead with all their plan. Enough of this intimidation by US. They must be humbled
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by TANID(m): 3:28am On Jun 30, 2019
kerzhim:
grin grin grin grin

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by budaatum: 3:36am On Jun 30, 2019
Samnick:
China mind:u tinks say u fit do me anyhow u go do as if na u get dis world. foolish American

america mind: for in mind he tinks say he don win watch yor bck I'm coming 4 u
America is going for China?

Ha ha ha.

1 Like

Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by ise82(m): 5:33am On Jun 30, 2019
One stupid person I said I was wishing Usa bad. See your life now.
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by Stevengold(m): 7:54am On Jun 30, 2019
Lol, meanwhile I'm enjoying my newly acquired Huawei y7 prime 2019, them get luck.
Re: Just In! Trump Lifts Huawei’s Ban, Us-china Trade Talk To Resume by MrBONE2(m): 8:09am On Jun 30, 2019
Eventspro23:

Truly, USA is overrated cheesy

Yeah! Truly OvERRATED THAN AFRICA grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome My New Realme Gtneo 256GB Rom +12 GB Ram 5G / Sony Unveils The Xperia Z Ultra: 6.4-inch 1080p Screen, Snapdragon 800, / I Hate Tecno Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.