Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? (996 Views)

Please Do Anyone Knows About Namecheap Web Hosting. Your Review Please / 6-disadvantages Of Hosting Your Website Locally In Nigeria / Top Websites To Purchase Your Domain Name From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? by Profmaojo: 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2019
I have actually hosted my domain with Goddady but I don't know what next to go about it...I search for the site online and I was told that the site has been parked under Goddady...pls enlighten
Re: After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? by iamapplord(m): 10:51pm On Jun 29, 2019
Then that building your website
Re: After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? by Profmaojo: 9:59am On Jun 30, 2019
[quote author=iamapplord post=79792400]Then that building your website[/quotepls can you expantiate...how do I go about building my website...I want to install WordPress on it. But it is not going through...what can I do]
Re: After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? by andassyn(m): 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2019
You should have use another host apart from Godaddy
Godaddy uses website builder and also offers WordPress hosting
which of them did you bought?
If it is the website builder,then you might need to get another hosting...
If it is WordPress hosting,then search Google for how to setup WordPress in Godaddy
Re: After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? by SmileXtraone: 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
Profmaojo:
I have actually hosted my domain with Goddady but I don't know what next to go about it...I search for the site online and I was told that the site has been parked under Goddady...pls enlighten
Go and watch YouTube videos. That is what you should have done before buying so you know what you are doing. Search Google also and follow a tutorial that explains with screenshots. Good luck
Re: After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? by Profmaojo: 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2019
andassyn:
You should have use another host apart from Godaddy
Godaddy uses website builder and also offers WordPress hosting
which of them did you bought?
If it is the website builder,then you might need to get another hosting...
If it is WordPress hosting,then search Google for how to setup WordPress in Godaddy
thanks a lot I actually bought themeforest and I did not buy it from GoDaddy...
Re: After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? by iamapplord(m): 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2019
[quote author=Profmaojo post=79800615][/quote]

Msg me on whatsapp...

Zero-9-zero 7 3 three 8 five seven 0 2
Re: After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? by Sanchez01: 11:45am On Jul 01, 2019
Profmaojo:
thanks a lot I actually bought themeforest and I did not buy it from GoDaddy...
Eh yah... You clearly know nothing about WordPress and you embarked on a DIY mission?

For the record, you didn't but 'Themeforest'. Themeforest is a marketplace and you bought a theme, most likely WordPress' from them.

First off, you need to understand the type of packaged you bought from Godaddy. There are better hosting companies you could have used but, oh well...

Here's a free advice. This section of the forum is brimming with scammer and people who are ready to take your money and disappear. Find one person you can trust, go through their profiles, do a detailed research on the person before asking them to take up your task, if at all you want to contract it to them.

DIY isn't a bad idea but you should understand what you're getting yourself into.

1 Like

Re: After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? by Profmaojo: 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2019
Sanchez01:

Eh yah... You clearly know nothing about WordPress and you embarked on a DIY mission?

For the record, you didn't but 'Themeforest'. Themeforest is a marketplace and you bought a theme, most likely WordPress' from them.

First off, you need to understand the type of packaged you bought from Godaddy. There are better hosting companies you could have used but, oh well...

Here's a free advice. This section of the forum is brimming with scammer and people who are ready to take your money and disappear. Find one person you can trust, go through their profiles, do a detailed research on the person before asking them to take up your task, if at all you want to contract it to them.

DIY isn't a bad idea but you should understand what you're getting yourself into.
thanks man God bless you..I actually wanted to learn through this means...why I choose goddady instead of HostGator is because of the free domain that they normally give and 1$/ month hosting for the list hosting plan...I am still checking YouTube videos and Google to get more information. I want to do it myself..it is just part of learning. The truth is I need someone to teach me the next step and how to solve some of the problem I will/ have encounter on the way. Thanks I have actually install the WordPress on GoDaddy. I believe I will get it with time
Re: After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? by Sanchez01: 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2019
Profmaojo:
thanks man God bless you..I actually wanted to learn through this means...why I choose goddady instead of HostGator is because of the free domain that they normally give and 1$/ month hosting for the list hosting plan...I am still checking YouTube videos and Google to get more information. I want to do it myself..it is just part of learning. The truth is I need someone to teach me the next step and how to solve some of the problem I will/ have encounter on the way. Thanks I have actually install the WordPress on GoDaddy. I believe I will get it with time
You're welcome, bro. About installing WordPress... Be sure you are installing it in the right directory path. Enter your domain name in the URL section of your browser and see what it returns.

About your theme, I hope it is a good theme with higher ratings on Themeforest? If it isn't, you might have just bought wàhálà.

That said, since you have access to YouTube, I recommend you judiciously use it to your advantage. Don't fail to ask questions and be quick to ignore those who ask you to contact them.
Re: After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? by Profmaojo: 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2019
Sanchez01:

You're welcome, bro. About installing WordPress... Be sure you are installing it in the right directory path. Enter your domain name in the URL section of your browser and see what it returns.

About your theme, I hope it is a good theme with higher ratings on Themeforest? If it isn't, you might have just bought wàhálà.

That said, since you have access to YouTube, I recommend you judiciously use it to your advantage. Don't fail to ask questions and be quick to ignore those who ask you to contact them.
thanks man...well I am progressing very fast with the website... Here is the URL . Starjitewebs.com ...how is my progress

(1) (Reply)

How To Choose The Best Niche For Your Youtube Channel / Good Website Design Tips / Let's Learn This Once And For All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.