Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month (11906 Views)

Best Selling Course For Your Ebook Creation And Publishing / My Last Pay From Amazon Kindle Was $2,400 / How To Make $1,000+ Each Month Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am opening this thread to raise awareness of the business opportunity that's currently available on Amazon - specifically how to make money online with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.

I’ve been a self-publisher for over 2 years now and I can honestly say it is one of the easiest ways to make money online - especially as a beginner. It will not make you rich overnight but IT CAN MAKE YOU RICH. I've been Self Publishing for a little over 2 years now and I've made over N40 million from it (see proof below)

Prior to doing this, I was working a 9-to-5 job. I was earning a good amount of money but I had no freedom. I searched for ways to make money online and came across two books: The Richest Man In Babylon and Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Reading these books planted a very powerful seed in my mind about the need to build passive income. It made me realize that I would never be free working for someone - I needed to build assets that could do the work for me.

The assets that were immediately obvious to me then were Real Estate. However, I didn't have enough capital as at then so I kept on researching until I came across Kindle Publishing. The idea of having a digital asset on Amazon that keeps earning royalty in perpetuity for me was fascinating

I love this business model because it is very passive. Once your books are written (by you or a ghostwriter you hire), you do not have to do anything again. Amazon will publish it, market it and send you your monthly payments for life.

What's more? Kindle publishing is completely legal, you will use your real names (or a pen name if you wish), no changing of IP address and your money will be sent to you here in Nigeria.

I started this business with $500 from my savings and gradually grew it to the scale it is now. It took me 7 months to have my first $1000 month and since then I've made $10,000 multiple months, having worked with a mentor who helped me scale to more than 40 books.

If you are ready to do the work and get good books into the KDP system, the rewards are truly tremendous. I sleep and wake up to check the number of people that have bought my books in countries I have never been to.

Imagine..
- Earning money from books you wrote years ago
- Not having to rely on pension or money from relatives for your survival
-earning in dollars and spending in naira (the added appreciation in value!)
- Buying a car or building the house of your dream (without taking a mortgage from a bank)
- Contributing to a charity of your choosing or starting a foundation to help the poor
- Quitting your job, living life on your own terms and travelling the world (and still tracking the progress of your business on your laptop)

All these (and more), you can achieve with the power of publishing

THE BASICS OF KINDLE DIRECT PUBLISHING

Step 1. Register

- Go over to kdp.amazon.com and open an account. This first step is necessary so you can commit yourself to the project.

- Use an email that you open frequently because they will communicate with you.

- Use your real names, real Nigerian address and other relevant details.

- If you're doing this from Nigeria then you'll need a US bank account to receive payment from Amazon. (Amazon doesn't pay directly into Nigerian Bank accounts). You can get a free US Bank account from Payoneer by going here

- Amazon deposits your royalty into your Payoneer account. You can then withdraw the money from your payonner account to your Nigerian Bank account

Step 2. Research

- Research is one of the crucial aspects of success with Kindle Direct Publishing. You need to do accurate research to figure out which keywords are profitable with good demand. This can be seen in the books best sellers rank (BSR). Ever book on Amazon has this. The lower the number the better!
- Once you confirm books in that keyword are selling well, you move to step 3.

Step 3. Write Or Outsource The Content

- Get materials and write quality content for your books. The content must be original or your book will not be published.

- If you don't want to write the book yourself, you can hire writers from Fiverr or Upwork (https://www.upwork.com). Just make sure that the writers you hire are legitimate. Some writers on upwork/fiverr sell you manuscript they wrote for other people, these sort of things can get you in trouble with Amazon

- To help you detect unscrupulous sellers, look at their reviews and profile history. If they have good, relevant and recent reviews from customers saying they did a good job for them thats a good start.

- Looking at their profile history, have they been around for a long time? if so, then thats another good sign (just use your judgement, unscrupulous sellers frequently get their accounts terminated so the longer a seller has been around the more likely he/she is legit)

- You can also contract writing companies to write for you (this option is slightly more expensive but has less hassle and gets you higher quality books). I share the company I personally use with my students.

- Once you have the manuscript, check that it doesn't violate any copyrights (that the writer didn't just copy and paste everything from google). You can use the Copyscape for this (http://www.copyscape.com)

- Also, ensure you proofread properly. Kindle readers will kill you with bad reviews if there are a lot of errors/typos.

Step 4. Design A Cover

- Just check other books in the category you chose and make a similar cover. You can get good covers made for you for as little as $5 on Fiverr.com. You can also design the cover yourself. I share with my students the FREE software I use to design my kindle and paperback covers..I rarely outsource those out these days. If you're the creative type, then $5 saved over numerous books adds up!

Step 5. Format The Book Properly

Formatting is another aspect that can easily mar your work. In fact, some people are offering this service online and they are making a lot of money from it. You need to know the right way to format so the book will work well on different types of mobile devices apart from the Kindle Reader. (hint: you need to learn how to optimize this to maximize your royalties)

Step 6. Write A Good Description

This is self-explanatory. Your description could be two or three paragraphs or more. This is what will represent your sales page so you need to do it well. You need to communicate to the customer why they need to purchase your book and not those of your competitors. This is key. Get it right and you'll sell a LOT of books. (hint - you need to hit customers pain points, you need to overcome objections, you need to emphasize the benefits they'll derive from buying your book etc.)

Step 7. Upload Your Book To KDP

Once your manuscript and book cover is uploaded, you can input your book description, set the price of your book and hit the "publish" button. Your book will then enter a review process where amazon will check to see if it meets their standards (i.e. it doesn't violate any copyright etc.). This process usually takes between 12-72 hours. If it passes the review process, viola your book is now on sale on amazon and you can begin to earn royalties for each unit that sell.

I believe the above information will be enough to get you started

PROOF OF MY EARNINGS

Why qualifies me to speak authoritatively on this subject matter?

Well, I have attached below screenshots showing my earnings from kindle and paperback sales since I started in November 2016.

They show that I've made more than $70,000 (from ebook, paperback and page reads). In addition, I've also made more than $37,000 from audiobook royalties alone (have sold more than 12,500 audiobooks with each audiobook earning more than $3 on average).

I'm not saying this to brag but rather to show whats possible.

ONE-ON-ONE TRAINING

Feel free to do your own research about this business opportunity and learn as you go. However, for those of you who will like me to personally mentor them as they go through the process of publishing their first book, this mentorship program is for you.

You get me one-on-one, holding your hand, helping you step by step, leaving nothing out, leaving nothing to chance so you can build a six figure a year business that you are proud of and most importantly works!

I will show you everything from how to do keyword research the right way, to hiring quality writers, outsourcing cover or creating covers yourself for FREE, give you the template to writing effective book descriptions etc.

You'll also be added to a secret facebook group consisting of fellow students/mentees. There, you can download pdf documents summarizing the key steps in publishing, as well as, get the opportunity to network with other students.

The video (skype/facebook video calls) aspect of the mentorship program ends after you publish your FIRST book. But you have free access to me (via email, whatsapp etc.) for 6 months. During this period you can ask questions if anything isn't clear to you. You also have my kindle publishing manual for free (a blueprint that details all my publishing strategies)

In addition, Skype video calls can be recorded and downloaded. This will act as a reference for you should you want to go back, look over it and consolidate your knowledge and understanding

BENEFITS:

I will show you how to:

1. Do keyword research and publish books in niches that sell well
2. Hire very high-quality ghostwriters for as little as $0.012 per word
3. Design quality ebook and paperback covers for FREE
4. Dominate niches that are profitable
5. Maximize the royalties you earn from your Kindle and paperback book
6. Increase the number of books you have without paying to get more books written
7. Increase the customer lifetime value of my readers by selling to them over and over again - instead of once
8. Maximize your earnings from page reads - I've earned over $4500 in 2 years from page reads alone
9. Spy on your competitor's books and figure out what keywords they're ranking for (and then rank your book for those same keywords)
10. Run profitable AMS ads to your book (I personally help you set up your campaigns)

most importantly, you have FREE access to me for 6 months after you publish your first book (In that period, you can ask as many questions as you want)

FEE For Mentorship: N100,000 (One time fee)

or

PAYMENT PLAN: N75,000/month for 2 months

REQUIREMENTS FOR MENTORSHIP
1. You need access to a computer (preferably a personal laptop)
2. You need a good internet connection.
3. You need to be highly motivated

ALTERNATIVELY

If you can't afford mentorship with me, I have a comprehensive book (The Kindle Publishing Blueprint) that details 13 strategies I used to scale up my Kindle publishing business from 0 to $10,000/month within 2 years. I tell you what the strategy is, how it works, why it works and what you need to do to implement it.

You'll also discover the step-by-step details of Audiobook publishing using ACX. It'll show you how to create your account, how to upload your books, how to hire narrators, how to negotiate with them, how to promote your audiobook to help you sell a lot of them, which niches sell well on audiobook format, Which niches do poorly and why etc.

In addition, you also get information regarding other legal ways you can publish audiobooks from Nigeria without paying $300+ to bypass the ACX restriction.

Furthermore, I give you a number of profitable keywords you can get started with as well as niches that do well (and those that don't do well and need to be avoided). You also learn strategies that will help you maximise the ROI you get for every dollar invested into your publishing business

With this book, you have the strategy BUT you do not have me as a mentor (although I can answer any questions you have regarding strategies discussed in the book). Just shoot me an email if anything isn't clear to you.

The book retails at N20,000 (might change in the future)

Shoot me an email if you're interested in either the mentorship or the kindle direct publishing blueprint.

To Your success,

Michael

Email: obinnaezeanaka@yahoo.com

3 Likes

Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 8:48pm On Jun 29, 2019
Testimony From A Student

versashee:
I just feel like i should share my testimony.

I was scrolling through this thread after several attempts to succeed in kdp. I wasn't really happy with my sales and i was just reluctantly scrolling through this thread to see if i will find some inspiration.

I came across a thread and found Helioshay 's screenshots. As usual, i was like; "they have come again". I went to facebook to find "Michael Ezeanaka" to verify if truly he was the one bearing HeliosHay on nairaland. He affirmed that he was the one and that was when my conversation with him started.

I purchased his "publishing blueprint" book that same night and i started implementing his strategies. For those saying he is just after your money well, i paid for the book and not his mentorship program but he is very open and guided me through the phases to success. Summarily, he assisted me just they way he would assist his mentees even though i did not pay for the mentorship program. I explained to him the situation i had and he has been very supportive.

My point is that; what you will gain will surpass the fee u will be paying.

Someone said HeliosHay stole Michael Ezeanaka's sales screenshots and posted it here. Note: HELIOSHAY is MICHAEL EZEANAKA ooooooooooooo

I will be sharing screenshots soon.

Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2019
Why Is There So Much Money In Audiobooks?

Well, for starters, not a lot of people are currently doing it so competition is VERY LITTLE compared to Kindle/Paperback.

and..

The $75 bounty!

As an incentive for you to promote Amazon's Audible membership program Amazon will pay you $75 bounty - on top of your royalties - if your audiobook is purchased by a new subscriber via your link (provided by acx).

If you are active in promoting the Audible version of your book these bounties can easily end up generating more income than the audiobook royalties themselves! Once the Audible version of your book is published you will be able to send people directly to the Audible version page on Amazon where they will have the option to either get it for free by signing up for the Audible trial or to buy it at full price.

You can easily promote these links:

- On your website
- Within your books
- To your email list etc.

The sky is literally the limit

1 Like

Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2019
Tips for the day

Having the KDP rocket software might be useful. For those going into marriage/relationship niches, be careful how you do it. There's plenty of money to be made but there are also LOTS of competition there - you need to be smart how you position your book if you want to stand out and be visible

below is a screenshot of the result from KDP Rocket. You can see the average monthly earnings and number of competitors etc. This tool is one way to go about keyword research and it will help you quicken the research process

1 Like

Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2019
How To Create A Unique Value Proposition (UVP) In Your Books

Your UVP is a clear statement that describes the benefit of your offer, how you solve your customer's needs and what distinguishes you from the competition. Your unique value proposition should appear prominently on your book description page on Amazon.

How do you craft your UVP?

Look at the best selling books in the niche you're planning to enter. Go through their reviews - especially the 1 and 2 star reviews. See what the customers are complaining most about (I usually make a note of all these issues in a word document). Then produce a book that addresses each of the pain points you identified.

Then find a way to make the customers aware of the benefits your book has. Once your book addresses all of the pain points you identified during your research, it shouldn't be difficult for you to come up with a UVP which will allow you to command a much higher price for your books.
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2019
One of the books that changed my life - Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

Understanding money takes time to learn. But it is an investment in your skills and knowledge or your educational wealth. The economy is sure to go through several booms and busts and it is your educational wealth that will preserve or increase your wealth throughout these.

The rich buy assets. The poor buy liabilities. Defining these things simple:

Assets – Something that puts money in your pocket. e.g. A rented property, An increasing stockholding, a book that pays you royalties
Liabilities – Something that takes money out your pocket. e.g. A monthly car fee. A house you live in and pay a mortgage, Netflix/Spotify debit.

Rich people accumulate assets which feed their income (Stocks, books, property they rent out etc.). Poor people accumulate liabilities which feed their expenses (property they live in and pay mortgage, car payment, credit card etc.). If people have this flow wrong (buying liabilities instead of assets) having more earning actually exacerbates the problem, rather than solving it.

What prevents people from becoming rich is less often the salary they make, but rather how they spend that salary (on liabilities rather than assets e.g. more cars, credit cards, more expensive shoes, exotic travels, expensive jewellery etc. all to keep up appearance).

The Rich Cycle

Rich people continually build, buy or create assets. This, in turn, feeds their income, which in turn can be used to re-invest in more assets. The first milestone is to try have enough assets to completely offset liabilities. Then you can continue to add more, diversifying your assets and experimenting with riskier investments.

When we ask what is someone’s wealth, we are measuring their revenue-generating assets vs their liabilities. This is the measure of someone’s financial runway; how many months they could survive before their bank account would hit 0. If you have assets way and above your liabilities, you will have a long runway.

The path to complete financial freedom looks like so:

- Earn a salary so that you can cover expenses
- Build assets that generate income (in addition to your salary) that can support expenses
- Over time, add more assets so that eventually all your expenses can be supported by income from assets. At this stage, you can forgo your salary if you want to (leave job, retire, etc).
- Continually re-invest any extra income into assets so that your income continues to grow above and beyond your expenses and liabilities.

As Robert Kiyosaki says

“To me, one of the primary reasons E’s and S’s have difficulty moving to the B and I side is because they are too afraid of making mistakes.” ― Robert T. Kiyosaki, Rich Dad’s CASHFLOW Quadrant: Rich Dad’s Guide to Financial Freedom

After reading that book, I made it a mission to begin accumulating assets by building a massive portfolio of books that continue to pay me royalties. I only put in the effort once to create the book....after that, royalties continue to come

Once the income you earn from your ASSETS (not income from a job) exceed your monthly expenses, you're FINANCIALLY FREE

Make it your mission to accumulate income generating assets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2019
Traffic Source

They say the world is now a global village and the internet is the village square. If your business doesn't have an online presence, you're leaving a lot of potential exposure (and money) on the table. Having a business website is a must in this digital age. It allows you to connect with customers all over the world - people you otherwise wouldn't have connected with prior to the internet age.

Most online business people who have an online presence complain of not getting enough traffic to their website, Instagram page, Facebook page etc. It's a problem I'm also familiar with and one of the ways I've managed to solve that problem is through an eBook.

What do I mean by that?

Do you know you can leverage the Amazon platform as a free traffic source for your business? yes, you can.

Let's say your business is all about helping people with SEO website optimization. All you have to do is write a short book educating people on the subject of SEO, it's merits and give some tips on how they optimize their website using SEO. At the end of the book, you then present a link directing them to your website, Facebook page, Upwork profile etc. for them to reach out to you should they require your SEO services.

Likewise, if your business is in say, weight loss, make up etc. you tailor the content of your book to suit the services you offer.

After your book is published, you set the price to $0.00 (i.e. FREE) so that you can get as many potential clients to download the book, read it, get to know your business and potentially reach out to you for help.

If you can, use this strategy to take your business to the next level. If you are a freelancer and have a fiverr or upwork profile, all the better as the link can direct clients straight to your profile so they can order a gig.

If you are a real estate agent and you have a free book on real estate, who knows..you just might get a client that'll purchase a house through you. The link in the book will drive clients to your website page.
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2019
What Makes A Good Non-Fiction Cover

1. Capture Your Audience Mentally, Not Emotionally

Nonfiction book covers are different from fiction covers because of one thing: most nonfiction is meant to appeal to the brain, while most fiction is meant to appeal to the heart. So, when you design a nonfiction cover, you want to capture a potential reader intellectually.

How do you do that? Generally, this means a central image—an image of something intriguing, something that makes you stop and think. Then you want to have a solid color for the entire cover. For most business books, the best covers are usually yellow or orange or blue or red. (Just take a look at the business books on Amazon and check out the colours in use!) And finally, the font needs to be bold and simple.

2. Turn To Famous Covers For Inspiration

Following the general rules for nonfiction cover design can help, but the fact of the matter is, there are plenty of sub-genres in the nonfiction category, and each sub-genre has its own ‘thing’. Being different isn’t always great when it comes to cover design, because a cover is meant to draw audiences in. But how can the audience be drawn in if they don’t even know what they are looking at?

Think about the famous books in your sub-genre, whether that is crime, business, self-help, memoir, or any other kind of nonfiction. What are the similarities between those books? What’s the general aesthetic? Try to copy that aesthetic and apply it to your design, and that way you can give your book the ‘look’ of a book in your intended sub-genre.

3. Add A Subtitle to Your Nonfiction Book Title

Another thing you can do to draw readers in is to add a quick subtitle explaining what your book is about. If your book has a one-word title, most of the time that isn’t enough to explain what genre your book is in. By simply adding a subtitle like, “A Real Life Crime Tale”, that’s more than enough to get much more attention.
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2019
How To Avoid Getting Duped By Freelancers On Upwork

Be careful when you make book orders from upwork/fiverr.com or indeed anywhere. When it sounds too good to be true it probably is. How can you possibly expect a one-day turnover for a 25,000-word book? beats me.

Hopefully, he'll get his money back.

When hiring writers be on the lookout

1. Do they have a history of doing a similar job for other people?
2. How long have they been active (check their profile history)
3. How high are they rated (check reviews)
4. Are the reviews recent? etc.
5. Do they have samples?
6. Ask specific questions in the job post. From the response you get, you'll be able to pick out the ones with a keen eye for detail (hint: most times, scammers are always in a hurry to get your money they skip answering questions you posed in the job post)

Always do your due diligence

1 Share

Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
One of the most inspirational videos I've watched on the subject of Entrepreneurship. It chronicles the life of mega entrepreneurs who changed the face of America. People like:

1. Cornelius Vanderbilt
2. John D Rockefeller
3. Andrew Carnegie
4. Henry Ford
5. J.P Morgan etc.

Learn from their story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV3DmWNCEaI
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
Some Effective Book Description Headline Templates To Hook Your Readers

Here are some effective headline templates I've found to be effective when trying to hook readers in my book description

FOR NON-FICTION READERS

1: How to (achieve desired results)

"How to" headlines are probably the simplest yet most effective headlines. As readers, we're drawn to headlines that help us to achieve what we want

Example: How to Prevent Tooth Loss

2: (Achieve a desired result) in (time frame)

We all want to do things but we're often overwhelmed where to start. This headline works because it helps readers to take small actionable steps towards their goals. However, whatever advice you give, make sure that your readers can actually implement them in the time given

Example: Lose 7 kg in 30 days

3:Proven: The Most Effective Way to (Achieve Desired Results)

As readers, we're always skeptical of the claims that advertisers make. The word "proven" helps to address doubts and adds credibility. This is because when something is "proven" it implies that it's backed up by research. The words "most effective" also make readers take notice and compel them to continue reading

Example: Proven: The Most Effective Way to Reduce Credit Card Debt

FOR FICTION READERS

1: You should include a catchy tagline to hook readers. A tagline is basically a short catchy sentence that highlights the story of your book. The tagline should compliment the book's title and cover. Think of it as a powerful slogan for your book

Here is an example of a strong tagline:

" The CIA Unleashed Him...Now They Want Him Dead."

As you can see, the tagline uses words such as "unleashed" and "dead" to get your attention. It compels you to keep reading since you're left asking "Why does the CIA want him dead?"

Aim to keep your tagline short, sweet, and impactful.

2: Incorporating an incomplete thought or sentence:

A Marine sniper came to town to drown his demons. But demons fight back...
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2019
At the end of the day, it's all about visibility.

You can have the best quality book on the whole of Amazon BUT if it's not visible i.e. if your customers can't find your book in the OCEAN of books on Amazon (over 2 million+ books), you won't be successful.

Poor Quality Book + Excellent visibility = Good initial sales (eventually sales will drop due to lots of negative reviews on it)

Poor Quality Book + Poor Visibility = No sales (Why bother? you might as well not have spent anything!)

Good Quality Book + Poor Visibility = Little or No sales (you might make some sales initially due to the boost Amazon give to newly published books, after that your book will start spiralling downwards to no sales land)

Good Quality Book + Excellent Visibility = This is the sweet spot (Get this right and you'll make an ungodly amount of profit!)
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 9:03pm On Jun 29, 2019
Mistakes Beginner Publishers Make

1. They never do adequate research.

Most people get all excited about kindle publishing and then rush off to publish a book on a topic they're EXCITED about without knowing beforehand whether the topic is profitable or not. Then after the book is published and they see no sales they get discouraged and say that publishing doesn't work.

Let me ask you, would you sell a block of ice to the Eskimos? do you think they would buy? probably not.

Why? because ice is abundant around them..there's no demand for it (i.e. they're not going to pay for your ice when they can get it free)

Its the same in business and certainly in publishing. You have to confirm people are willing to PAY money to purchase books on the topic you want to publish a book in BEFORE you commit money
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 9:04pm On Jun 29, 2019
Mistakes Beginner Publishers Make

2. Doing the bare minimum and expecting success.

You can't just do the bare minimum and expect success. I see this mistake amongst Kindle publishers all the time.

They think that if they just throw up another book with a mediocre cover, title and content that they will make a lot of money. That might make you a bit of money in the short-term, but not over the long-term.

You need to think about how you can STAND OUT from the other books in the market.

You need to be a bit creative – come up with a cool cover and title that will benefit the market.

When you promote and market your book, don't expect to just do the bare minimum and out-rank the other books you're competing with. Some of the books have been established already on Amazon, so you will have to do more to out-compete them.

If your competitors Kindle book has 100 Amazon reviews with a very strong sales history to back it up, how can you expect to sell better than him/her with 10 reviews and mediocre sales history? You need to put in the work to market and promote your book and get 30, 40, 50 Amazon reviews along with a strong record of CONSISTENT sales to be that dominant book.

If you hustle and put in the work, then you will never have to worry about competition or others trying to compete with you.
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 9:04pm On Jun 29, 2019
3. Giving up.

The biggest Kindle publishing mistake that I see is authors and publishers just giving up.

They publish a book and it doesn't do as well as they'd like… so they get frustrated and give up.

They publish a book and it makes money, but then it stops selling… so they get frustrated and give up.

Listen… business is hard. There are challenges to business and nobody said that achieving success would be easy.

EVERY successful person that has achieved anything of value has failed. It's normal.

Failure is feedback. It can provide the greatest lessons for you and teaches you a lot.

Someone that will be successful as a Kindle publisher will recognize that, overcome the adversity, learn from it and keep at it. If you keep at it long enough, you will succeed and master it.

If you just give up at the first sign of failure or adversity, then you'll continue to be stuck your whole life – going from business to business, just calling quits and giving up. That's not how success happens.

If you want to be successful with Kindle publishing or any online business, you need to work hard. You need to keep at it. You need to keep learning and learning until you “get it” and “master it”.

Once you do, you'll be unstoppable.
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2019
4. They do not diversify

When you're starting out, it's ok to test the water in one niche. And if you find that niche to be profitable, go ahead and dominate it.

However, to consistently make $1000/month with publishing, you've got to diversify. Build out a brand in more than one niche. That way, when one niche isn't doing so well (perhaps due to seasonality factors), your books in other profitable niches will carry the load.

Be that as it may, some niches are evergreen and you do not have to worry too much about seasonality - I go into a lot more detail about that in the Kindle Direct Publishing blueprint (including 5 highly profitable keywords as of 2019)

Finally, diversification can also come in the form of having your books in multiple formats (ebook, paperback, audio etc.). All niches are not equal - some niches perform better in some formats than others. When you know the pedigree of the niches you're in, you're able to optimize things to favor the format that will bring in the most money for you.

All in all, just like in normal investments, don't have all your eggs in one basket. Diversify

3 Days Easter Promo

The Kindle Direct Publishing Blueprint is available at a 25% discount - N15,000 (will return to N20,000 on Tudesday 23rd April, 2019)

In the book, I show you how to:

1. Do keyword research and publish books in niches that sell well (I give out 5 profitable keywords)
2. Dominate niches that are profitable (you want to be the go to person in that niche)
3. Maximize the royalties you earn from your Kindle and paperback book (why leave money on the table?)
4. Increase the number of books you have without paying to get more books written (Bundling is not the only way!)
5. Increase the customer lifetime value of my readers by selling to them over and over again - instead of once
6. Maximize your earnings from page reads - I've earned over $4500 in 2 years from page reads alone (Not many people know this strategy)
7. What you need to do to start earning money from Audiobooks - even if you live in Nigeria!

...and much, much more!

According to a 2016 article (http://flavorwire.com/579201/how-much-money-are-authors-making), only 4600 authors made more than $25,000 from publishing per year. Only 4600 out of the thousands (if not millions) of authors on Amazon!

The sad truth is that MOST people don't make a lot of money with publishing. Not for lack of trying, but rather due to ignorance. They don't know the CORRECT way to publish.

You don't have to be one of them. I challenge you to be among the elite that make a good living from Amazon.

Personally, I've made over $45,000 (from January to May 2019 alone) and I know friends who have made a LOT more than me. You're the average of the 5 people you network with - they make you see whats possible and motivate you to be more ambitious.

You can join the elite publishers or remain average - the choice is yours.

Get your copy of the Kindle Direct Publishing Blueprint at a 25% discount today. Offer ends 30th June 2019

Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2019
John D Rockefeller leveraged Oil as his wealth vehicle during the industrial age. Andrew Carnegie leveraged Steel to amass his fortune

We are in the digital/information age...what will you leverage as your wealth vehicle?

Publishing certainly has my vote.

I spend a lot of time to create the books (digital assets). Once created and published on Amazon, it's available to the whole world (Scalability) all day every day, making money for me even while I'm sleeping (Passivity) while also solving people's problems (Meeting a Need)

Yet some people wonder how certain people can make in a month what others doing a 9-5 job can't make in a YEAR

All business models (just like human fingers) are not created equal..some are inherently more scalable and profitable than others.

Unlike traditional businesses, with self publishing:

- You have no overhead
- You have no inventory
- You have the whole world as your market place
- Your books sell 24/7
- You have no employees

As a result of all of the above, profit margins are high (in the 60-90% range, if you know what you're doing anyways).

Choose your business wisely.
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 9:09pm On Jun 29, 2019
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

This reminds me a lot about humans. Sometimes we have these limiting beliefs:

- It's not possible to make money online
- I can't get rich because I'm from a poor family
- I can't make money because I don't know anything about business

Let me tell you something, Rome wasn't built in a day. A journey of a thousand miles they say starts with a single step. Like the bee, you have to overcome these limiting beliefs inorder to move forward

- That car you're driving today...is someones brain child
- That phone you're using today...is someones brain child (someone conceived the idea and invented it)
- That bag/cloth/shoe you're wearing now is someones brain child (someone made it)

What is your own brain child? what are you bringing to the market place.

There are two kinds of people in this world - those that produce and those that consume

Producers are the entrepreneurs that create stuff while consumers are the 90% of the population that mostly buy stuff created by the entrepreneurs. As a result of this dynamic, consumers exchange their money for the goods the producers created. Any wonder why most (if not all) of the people you see on the Forbes list are entrepreneurs?

Any wonder why 90% of the wealth of the world belong to less than 10% of the people on earth? it's no coincidence.

Money moves in exchange for value

In order to transition to the producer side you need to create something of value.

If anyone can do it, you can do it. All you need to do is believe in yourself and take action TODAY

If you work hard at it, you can have your first book up on Amazon in the next 2-3 months.
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2019
Another $10,000+ Month

As the month of June comes to a wrap, my estimations show that I exceeded $10,000 in royalties.

KDP brought in over $5300
ACX brought in over $4700

Now the ACX earnings could vary depending on when ACX release their earnings report but the above estimate came from how many audiobooks sold in June and my average earnings per sale (based on performances in past months)

The challenge for me has been to figure out a way to break past $15,000/month..it's difficult I must confess but not impossible.

I'm currently in the process of releasing yet more books..fingers crossed, those might do the trick.

Investment Strategy

- Reinvest a portion of the money back into creating more books
- Invest a huge chunk of the money in Nigerian Treasury Bills (Secure the principal and live off the interest)

How's your publishing doing? keep at it and soon you'll start seeing results

Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2019
Testing 123 - AMS Ad secrets

If you're running AMS Ads to your books, it's important you test to see what works.

Try and implement something called a split test. Create two different ad campaigns all using the same keywords. Channel the traffic from those keywords to just 1 book. Ensure that the only difference between those two ad campaigns is the ad copy. The Ad copy is basically a small sales letter (less than 300 words) where you have to convince the Amazon customer why your book is better than that of your competition.

Set your bidding rate and publish those two ad campaigns. Then leave the campaigns to gather impressions and clicks for about a week or two. After each campaign have accumulated over 5000 impressions, take a loot at

1. The number of clicks
2. The CTR (Click Through Rate)
3. The Advertising Cost of Sales (Acos)
4. The Number of sales generated

The ad campaign with the best results will show you which ad copy performed the best. You then scale up your ad campaign using that best performing ad copy.

Hope that help!

N/B: The discount on the mentorship and the kindle blueprint expires in less than 3 hours (at 11:59 GMT TODAY)
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2019
Happy new month everyone

It's a new month and a new beginning. Wish you all the best with your publishing business.

Do not slack on your business.

If you made $50 last month, set a target to double it.

Ask yourself, how can I double my earnings last month?

1. You can either add more books to your collection
2. You can add more formats to your collection
3. You can play around with the price
4. You can be more aggressive with ads etc.

Just keep making progress

Opportunities like this (making money from home with just your laptop and an internet connection) didn't exist 20-30 years ago..you're lucky to be part of this digital revolution with Amazon. Don't take it for granted.

Let's crush it!
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 3:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
Audiobook Publishing - The New Gold Rush

Amazon's Audible platform is continuing to dominate the audiobook publishing landscape. As the leader in this industry, it giving its exclusive partners (the authors that create content published on its platform) a 40% royalty on every audiobook unit they sell.

When you publish via other publishing houses (in other words, you're not exclusive with ACX), you only get a 25% royalty rate - but you do get access to plenty other audiobook publishers.

If you knew how profitable audiobook publishing is at the moment, trust me you won't be sleeping on it.

It's the gold rush of our time.

I can definitely say I've made my fortune in publishing - more so in audiobook publishing.
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
Set Your Vision And Work Towards It

Most of my publishing colleagues (mostly white) that make a similar amount as I live a very lavish lifestyle..they travel to many exciting places and live the dream.

For me, given my African background and roots, I have a completely different mindset.

My goal is:

1. To be completely self-sufficient in old age (no reliance on a pension or job or money from my kids to support my wife and I in old age)
2. To have a very comfortable family (wife and kids) who lack for nothing (although I don't intend to turn them into spoilt entitled kids)
3. To travel the world with my family using the money created by my assets

In order to achieve these goals, I need to lay the groundwork today.

I need to:

1. Create as many digital/physical assets as possible. Assets that make money for me 24/7 while I'm sleeping (i.e. real estate, books etc.)
2. Invest any excess money created by these assets into the money market in order for them to bear interest for me while keeping the principal safe (hence the need for the Nigerian Treasury Bill)

The dream situation will be to be able to live very comfortably now and in my old age using the income from my assets (books, properties etc.) and the interest payment from my money invested in the money market.

While others are depending on the government to continue paying their pension etc. I'll be 100% self-sufficient knowing that I hold my own destiny in my own hands.

This is why I don't spend as lavishly as others. Every single dollar is a soldier I need to put to work for me.

What is your vision for the future?

1 Like

Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 10:27pm On Jul 01, 2019
Always Learning New Things.

So I completed a Skype video call with one of my mentees earlier today and realised we can actually record the Skype sessions. He suggested it and apparently the option to do that was there (I wasn't aware).

How does this help? It means, going forward, my students will now have a recorded video (which can be downloaded) showing all the topics discussed and the step by step publishing process I show them. This will serve as a reference should they want to refer back to it and consolidate their knowledge and understanding

Indeed, we're always learning something new!

1 Like

Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 9:25am On Jul 02, 2019
Good News Everyone

After much thought, I've decided to update the Kindle Blueprint to include the step-by-step details of Audiobook publishing using ACX.

You'll learn how to create your account, how to upload your books, how to hire narrators, how to negotiate with them, how to promote your audiobook to help you sell a lot of them, which niches sell well on audiobook format, Which niches do poorly and why etc.

You also get information regarding other legal ways you can publish audiobooks from Nigeria without paying $300+ to bypass the ACX restriction.

For now, the price of the book will remain at N20,000 (might change in the future).

If you purchased the older version, send me an email (with proof of purchase) and I'll forward you this updated version.

New buyers will also be eligible to receive future updated versions for FREE

For enquiries, email Obinnaezeanaka@yahoo.com
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2019
How I made my first Million and my Top Investment Lessons- Ubi Franklin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ1OdWkmR5s
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2019
Momentum Continues

The momentum in paperback sales have carried on into the month of July - made 32 paperback sales yesterday. This is one of the best starts I've had to a month and it bodes well for the rest of July.

Audiobook sales have been fairly consistent as well.

Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2019
How To Open A PayPal Account In Nigeria

PayPal is the world’s number one online money transfer platform and is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide to send and receive money. For years, PayPal had basically shut Nigeria out due to our notoriety for Internet-related fraud. As fraud detection techniques improved as well as Nigeria’s notion as the largest economy in Africa, PayPal has now lifted restrictions on Nigeria. Owning a PayPal account is quite simple and you can do that in two ways.

PayPal website

1. First thing you do is to go to www.paypal.com/ng
2. Click on signup…select personal or business
3. Personal will be for your personal debit card and business is for your company debit card (if you have one). I suggest you click personal if this is your first time.
4. After selecting personal, click continue…you should see “Nigeria” in the drop down area, your email address and password.
5. Fill in your email address (doesn’t have to be Gmail or yahoo. It could be @yourcompanyname)
6. Type in your password and make sure it is one you can remember
7. Go to the next page and type other details such as names, date of birth, address and phone number.
8. Also when filling in your address, make sure that it matches the same address details you filled when you opened a bank account
9. It takes you to a page where you fill in your debit card details
10.Type in your card number, expiry date and the last three digits behind your debit card.
11. Go to your email account and click on verify

Voila!! Your account is set up

Test it by sending $10 to anyone or to your PayPal account abroad (if you have one)
You get debited in naira and you should get an alert from your local bank
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by Naviystiles(m): 11:59am On Jul 03, 2019
I wish more great people like you exist in the world. Thanks for the idea
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2019
Naviystiles:
I wish more great people like you exist in the world. Thanks for the idea

Thanks for the compliment Naviystiles.

With regards to sharing the idea, you're welcome!
Re: How To Invest In Amazon Kindle Publishing And Make $1,000+ Each Month by HeliosHay(m): 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2019
Income Producing Activities

In order to keep growing your publishing earnings, you need to focus your time each day on income producing activities (IPA).

IPAs are activities that will get you closer to making money.

- Spending all day watching movies won't get you closer to making more money
- Spending all day reading motivational books without taking any action won't get you closer to making more money
- Spending all day on Instagram watching peoples stories won't get you closer to making more money

What should you be doing?

- Doing keyword research to add to your bank of profitable keywords for future books
- Writing good outlines for your books
- Optimizing your book title and description
- Optimizing your AMS ads to get better conversion
- Negotiating and Hiring narrators/ghostwriters etc.

These are activities (though not easy) that get you closer to that income goal.

Focus on these, and you'll see a significant change in your fortunes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get Grammarly Premium To Write As A Pro / The Concubine By Elechi Amadi - PDF Download / Let Me Teach You How I Make $1,000 per month Writing & Researching Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.