Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,161 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:06 AM

Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far (46703 Views)

My Agemate Cousin Is Getting Married Next Month And I Am Feeling Depressed. / My Biggest regret In Life Is To Be Disvirgin By Prostitutes / Share Your Worst Ever Sexual Regret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by temmypotter(m): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2019
Reading through all the comments is just so sad

As humans, failure is inevitable, but we have been engineered to think it's a bad thing, no! It's a lesson, be grateful for your failures, make the best of them, learn as much as you can and keep pushing

Fall seven Times, but stand eight times, it's not supposed to be easy. If it was, then everyone will be great. There are only two kinds of people, the greats and the smalls, there are no middle grounds, you either become great or die trying, aim big and aim high

Some people might have it easier than we do but know that we all have our unique races to run, and when you fight back and win your race, you'd become the reason someone else after you in a similar situation fought back as well.

Get a goal, get a plan and work your butt off to achieve it, make every single day count, if you didn't make today count, you don't deserve to go to sleep, If you die today, what would be your legacy, what would you have lived for?

Finally, be smart!

The sad truth is University education today in Nigeria counts for nothing, invest in your mind , build skills , hone your craft , become the best in that Field, do the extra thing that the other 99 people are not doing, be creative.

I finished with a first class from the University but I knew that wasn't going to be enough, I took up Tech skills, taught myself and kept learning, even today I continue to learn. Never under estimate the power of networking, get in the right mix of people, attend seminars, conferences, get on linked in , make the right connections.

Being conventional in our current economic atmosphere will only lead you to more regrets! Do something different!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2019
TheGenius001:

My dear you won't understand. I didn't live up to expectation academically like many that knew me thought I would. Like I fall hand big time. Although my consolation is that I graduated top of my class but I should have done better.

But then, what can I do?? Nothing. Absolutely Nothing.

I know having a first class doesn't guaranty anyone success outside the four walls of the university. But then, ts a good thing to have it.
You are suffering from inferiority complex and you are looking for validation, so you think having first class will give you validation? When I was in school, the best graduating student made 4.4 and he never whined about it for onces, even though we all were in the same 2_1 category.

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by TheGenius001: 12:27am On Jul 24, 2019
Pattypatt:
You are suffering from inferiority complex and you are looking for validation, so you think having first class will give you validation? When I was in school, the best graduating student made 4.4 and he never whined about it for onces, even though we all were in the same 2_1 category.

Lols. Dear thank you so much. Don't mind me. You may be right after all.

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by biacan(f): 1:30am On Jul 24, 2019
Iogobenz:
Mine is managing money tbh.
It stresses me more to keep money than to make it.
Looking at my spending frightens me all the time!
Like how am I suppose to keep up with this?
Scares me all the time I swear.i just need a good woman now to marry who will help me manage some stuff tbh.
Heaven please give me a better half.that's all I ask.
I don't mind getting married to her tonight.
Awwwww logobenz I love you kiss kiss kiss embarassed embarassed
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Babawon1: 6:16am On Jul 24, 2019
Pattypatt:
There are so many companies and organizations to work in Nigeria, the question is, are you smart enough to know them?

Also tell her to try unsolicited application, there is no harm in submitting your CV to companies and firms even if they are not recruiting, she might get called back months later or even weeks later.
she already spread her CV. but her line is not company worker, she wish to be a teacher or lecturer, she once visit led city for job.
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Figloz(m): 7:48am On Jul 24, 2019
Mine is since I knew my right from wrong I have always seen the positive future even people I come in with respect my nature and kind yet otherwise has been the case for the reality to be felt and seen.
The worst part of it, I never had helping hands the more I strive to get out of these the more i'm stalk in world of uncertainty.

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by molybdenum0012: 9:18am On Jul 24, 2019
Awwww..... see lots of people here facing similar challenges as I am, even worst.

Graduated more than 10 years ago with no job. Even with 2 degrees. I was the best graduating student. Life is so unfair. Came from one of the poorest family you can think of. Out of all my sibling I am the only person that managed to go to the university up to Master's level.

Lots of family friends promise jobs but all na fat lies, or maybe they just don't have the capacity to do so. I have tried all I could to get a job, but to no avail.

Out of my quest for job, I met a kind/hearted Nigerian on LinkedIn. At that time, I taught in a school that pays 20k/month. So I came up with starting a tutoring company. This guy helped, with little he has, and we registered our tutoring company. Not only that, but also paid for the running of our website. We already have questioned tutors on board..

With that in place, there is still challenge of getting clients, even after paying so much for social media advert. It is just so discouraging! This project is going to a year now, with all the energy, money and time spent no return yet. Check my signature to check out our website. I don't know if someone can help out here I would really appreciate.

I don't want to abandon this project at this stage. I do not have any jobs I am doing currently aside this project.

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
TheGenius001:

Lols. Dear thank you so much. Don't mind me. You may be right after all.
Yes, quit whining about not having first class, it makes you sound like a broken record.

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2019
Babawon1:
your story surprised me o. u are a girl, both twins are boys, u are there friend, and u still help them financially. I think something attracted them to you

I m obsessed with twins to a fault.
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by TheGenius001: 3:47pm On Jul 24, 2019
Pattypatt:
Yes, quit whining about not having first class, it makes you sound like a broken record.

Thanks dear. I really appreciate
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by TheGenius001: 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2019
Maryjane001:
I v been best friends with these set of twins since first year.
Being an introvert,i became so used to them and we couldn't do without each other.
They knew me so well, and knew i was a very emotional person and that i hated insults.
One of them started liking me, and i liked him in return though i made it clear to him that i couldn't date him.
This guy was so addicted to me that he couldn't stay without hearing from me in a day.
During Vacation,the parents noticed and warned me to stay away from their son. That was odd because i was close to the parents. They even threatened to involve my parents if i didnt stay away.
I was confused because i didnt do anything wrong. But i stayed away for about 4 months. I blocked their lines. Even if we see each other in school ,we behave like strangers.
But i m a kind of person that hates having beef with someone particularly people i m very close to. I was the one wronged here but i just wanted to settle everything and have a clear head. That was when i received the greatest insult of my life.
I called them and told them that we had to meet in person so as to clear issues up. The one that liked me agreed but the other kept bringing excuses. I met with the one that liked me and talked about the issue and settled. But i told him not to tell his parents about it and he agreed. Later on, the twins fought each other and the one i wasnt too close to called me and was blaming me for the fight. Something i knew nothing about. That he was badly injured because of me. That anytime my name is mentioned in the house, his other twin just gets violent and told me to stay away. I called the one i liked and begged him to apologize to his brother.
I didnt want the matter to be one-sided so i offered to come to their lodge so as to talk with the other twin. I didnt know the location but they promised to come pick me. I waited for so long but none showed up, later their mom called me and was like she was looking for her son that she was sure he was with me. I told her i haven't seen him and also reminded her that she told me to stay away from her children. She warned me and the next thing i was seeing on social media was that i insulted their mother,that i called her names. As if i dont v a loving mother that i respect. They called me all manner of names on social media. I was reduced to an object of ridicule on their timelines.
I wasnt myself for months. I never cried but i was hurting badly inside.
My friend was there when i answered that call and was shocked herself.
I shared everything i had with these boys. I sacrificed so much for them as my friends. Even when sometimes they had nothing to eat,i will give them my food. Looking back at the things i sacrificed for them, i realized i was stupid.
I v moved on and thank God i have a better set of friends.

Hi dear. I am a twin (Two boys). I read your post the first day you wrote it. But I decided to choose a particular day( today) to give you a reply.

Your fault dear was that you returned the likeness of one of them much more than the other.

The love or likeness you showed for one was more than that you showed the other. That alone will make the one deficient of your love/likeness have hatred towards you ( tho he won't and will never let you know about it, he will hide it perfectly from you, but his attitude will tell). That is why you feel the other likes you better.

Also, it will create somewhat kind of inferiority complex in him after seeing that you returned much likeness to the other. This will cause serious problems between him and his brother. The cause of the problem if you trace it, will be coming from the one deficient of your love/likeness.

I know its always difficult to show equal likeness to twins. Even their family members have that difficulty. There is always one that the mother will show much more love to than the other. And vice versa from the other family members. But the funny thing is that every twins knows it. But they know how to wave it off. But not when it comes to women. Just like your own case. When it comes to women, they find it difficult to wave it off.

The woman, if she becomes so fond of the both twins at the first time they met, will cause a serious problem. It is better she creates a bond with just one of twins the first time. Because if she eventually gets fond of them both, she will one day show to both twins who she likes more (even without her knowing it). Funny enough, the twins on an individual level knows how to detect who the woman likes the more. And the one deficient of much more likeness of the girl would hate her without saying it verbally. But his attitude will come shining true at the end. Even tho he may likely try to hide it.

To cut the long story short.
The reasons why the story turned sour at the end of the day is simply because;

You made yourself fond of them both or made them both become fond of you. This can be bad especially if you don't try to keep the friendship on a platonic level.

You showed more likeness/love to one than the other. Even without you knowing it. But its not your fault. It is natural.

It is not your fault dear. Just move on. But keep the memories in jars and carry the secrets and experience of relationship with twins, in scars beneath your shell.

Cheers

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Olawrites: 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
My only regret was I didn't started Freelancing and other online hussles while in the University and Nysc year. Since after my service year no job, but the kind of cool cash I'm making as freelancer, it's sustainable n consistent to start my family life , I should have discovered these years.

Schooling in this country is a waste garbage... Spit grin

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by joeeee240(m): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
Olawrites:
My only regret was I didn't started Freelancing and other online hussles while in the University and Nysc year. Since after my service year no job, but the kind of cool cash I'm making as freelancer, it's sustainable n consistent to start my family life , I should have discovered these years.

Please bro What kind of freelancer are you? And where do you source for clients?
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2019
Olawrites:

this is what i tell people but they wont listen, some will even go as far as killing themselves because of bad grade or because they couldn't secure admission

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by FreeMejoor1(m): 3:18am On Jul 25, 2019
Maryjane001:

I m obsessed with twins to a fault.
am a twin would you love to date me kiss
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by tobby20: 3:30am On Jul 25, 2019
Y'all at lucky .what if my carrying an infection I know absolutely nothing about .staphylococcus aures.
The funniest things is I have been carrying this stuff aince 2017 till date and I have used different injections..also many herbal drugs .I was dupped las las ..now the infection set still dey my body ..but man must sha survive .thats what I use to keep myself moving daily

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Olawrites: 3:57am On Jul 25, 2019
joeeee240:

Please bro What kind of freelancer are you? And where do you source for clients?

Market research report
B2C Marketing Copywriter

LinkedIn

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by joeeee240(m): 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2019
Olawrites:

Market research report
B2C Marketing Copywriter

LinkedIn
Alright.. thanks. Please how much do you charge for your copywriting?

And which of the two is more lucrative? (As regards number of clients)
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Fate111: 1:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
tobby20:
Y'all at lucky .what if my carrying an infection I know absolutely nothing about .staphylococcus aures.
The funniest things is I have been carrying this stuff aince 2017 till date and I have used different injections..also many herbal drugs .I was dupped las las ..now the infection set still dey my body ..but man must sha survive .thats what I use to keep myself moving daily

Sorry to hear that, bro....
I would recommend gentamycin and streptomycin.
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Olawrites: 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2019
joeeee240:

Alright.. thanks. Please how much do you charge for your copywriting?

And which of the two is more lucrative? (As regards number of clients)

Both are needed ND lucrative, depending on how you reach out to your targeted customers.

Send a pm for price.
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by joeeee240(m): 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2019
Olawrites:

Both are needed ND lucrative, depending on how you reach out to your targeted customers.

Send a pm for price.

Email sent
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Lnxxxxx(m): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2019
AccessME:
After 4yrs in the University with Lot's of frustration, carryover, sleepless nights and humiliation, I ended up not graduating now I'm depressed contemplating Suicide. Trial time 4 me

I know somebody that suffered this, but somehow he got back up, tried again, got admitted and finished with 2.1 (this sentence is summarised and can not in anyway describe the hardship and heartbreak he suffered)

He is now working with a decent salary. It not easy, it's not going to get any easier but you need to try. When it gets harder, try harder. One day you can tell your grand children an amazing story about how not to give up.

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Nostradamus: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2019
tartar9:

Or you could have been in malawi,congo,afghanistan....
congo better pass Nigeria bro.
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Nostradamus: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2019
Donniefred:
It's been 8yrs now, no admission yet cry
really!!!

Why?? Wetin happen?waec/neco is? Abi na jamb dey jamp you?
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by CastingCrowns(f): 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
durubennie:
Going to madonna university
My biggest regret so far
I had a brother that went there the things he told us were very difficult to believe... That school is horrible.. Am glad he fled cause he threatened suicide as a last resort.

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Ayo199(m): 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
wealth25:
My greatest regret is vowing to remain pure till marriage.. becos it has cost me lot of humiliations and suffering,,, Am all alone working hard to make ends meet..No body wanna help me without wanting to get me laid.

I regret this all the time becos I would have gotten help from men out there if I hadn't made such vow..of which I have told myself that none of my daughters in future will remain pure till marriage becos it is really frustrating..

Secondly i regret been born into a family that has a wicked uncle in it..I don't think my predicament is ordinary.
This shouldn't be a regret sister...You should be proud of your decision..you shouldn't regret your decision to stand for purity

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by mikaelzX(m): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2019
Contumely:

I regret being born at all. Not just being born in Nigeria.
Life has no meaning.
I wonder what we are doing in this world.

I regret my curiosity; which has led me to learn a lot especially about God and religion. It led me to deism and confusion.
At times, I wish I could format my memory and remain in ignorance-- bliss.

Study Jesus. I found peace in Him.

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by persinpapa: 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
TheGenius001:
Hello house say it and free your mind

Mine is:
(1). I regret having to tell a girl, I truly loved, that I do love her. Cos ever since that day I made it known to her, everything changed. Tho we are still together. But I still regret telling her till date. sad sad sad sad

(2). Not having to graduate with a first-class despite being the best graduating of my set. sad sad sad sad

Share yours, dont feel depresed. Someone here may sooth or placate your mind.

Please we need more reasonable trends like this..
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Donniefred(m): 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
Nostradamus:
really!!!

Why?? Wetin happen?waec/neco is? Abi na jamb dey jamp you?
Got all these but no admission.
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 25, 2019
I study petroleum engineering from university of Ibadan and graduated in 2015 and job hunting especially in the Nigeria oil and gas industry has been frustrating and to make d matter worst am d first born with a lot expectations from my parent. To even further with master is difficult because of lack of fund..sometimes I get depressed especially wen I think abt my family condition.we are like 6 sleeping in a single room. But I believe DAT breakthrough job is on his way. Now I plan learning graphics design and software development. And I still plan doing MBA or probably win a scholarship for subsea engineering in Norway.

Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by oyetpel(m): 1:13am On Jul 26, 2019
lapaitinho:
I study petroleum engineering from university of Ibadan and graduated in 2015 and job hunting especially in the Nigeria oil and gas industry has been frustrating and to make d matter worst am d first born with a lot expectations from my parent. To even further with master is difficult because of lack of fund..sometimes I get depressed especially wen I think abt my family condition.we are like 6 sleeping in a single room. But I believe DAT breakthrough job is on his way. Now I plan learning graphics design and software development. And I still plan doing MBA or probably win a scholarship for subsea engineering in Norway.

Lapai? how is Olomu?
Re: Feeling depressed ?? Share Your Worst Regret In Life So Far by GreyBlood: 10:59am On Jul 26, 2019
wealth25:
My greatest regret is vowing to remain pure till marriage.. becos it has cost me lot of humiliations and suffering,,, Am all alone working hard to make ends meet..No body wanna help me without wanting to get me laid.

I regret this all the time becos I would have gotten help from men out there if I hadn't made such vow..of which I have told myself that none of my daughters in future will remain pure till marriage becos it is really frustrating..

Secondly i regret been born into a family that has a wicked uncle in it..I don't think my predicament is ordinary.
If anybody wants to take advantage of you b4 helping you that means you don't deserve that person. I always keep my mind open, doing my things the best way I can and believing I don't need any help from anybody and paths open for me.

You need to continue to hang on, don't give up since you've come this far. I believe greater things will come. Go to health centre's and see beautiful ladies coming for ARV for hiv (if hands of time can be turned and they got the option of not having sex for life to be free of hiv they would have jumped at the option with joy). Some that married are regretting why and hoping one day the marriage will end, some got stabbed to death by their partners, some are married for yrs yet no children and no peace. You need to be thankful, you're healthy and strong.

I think you should come out more, try to mingle with people without always habouring the intention of settling down always (people will use u and dump u when you appear too loyal and servient just to get married), join an exercise group (u can come out on Saturdays and join people doing exercise), join a group in your church if you're a Christian, go out for social activities more, try to make more friends. I pray the joy you wish for finds you.

In other news :
Heineken... I get talk with you, contact me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

My Fiancee Is Having A Crush On Another Guy. / Pre-Wedding Pictures Of Two Young Nairalanders With Their Cute Son / My Colleague's Hook Up Experience

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70