Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package (21052 Views)

Malaria Eradication: Ned Nwoko Meets DSP Omo-Agege, Others For Malaria Agency / 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package / Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by 12345baba(m): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2019
How Nigeria go take change?
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Kelvin1971(m): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2019
Chai thunder go fire this politicians thieves
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by xtratagem(m): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2019
Nothing like APC/PDP when it comes to sharing of money
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 30, 2019
You won't see any protester here

Coza is our problem

Useless country

1 Like

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Yankiss(m): 10:19am On Jun 30, 2019
Nigeria is not yet there and Nigerians are the problem of Nigerians. We are talking about removal of subsidy to continue to punish the common man while people sit one place collecting billions of our commonwealth. This breakdown doesn't include Tips from padded budgets and other oversights functions that the legislative houses are heavily bribed to effect. With this crop of leaders, it's not yet uhuru for Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 30, 2019
You won't see them protesting here. Jobless fools

1 Like

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Ugosample(m): 10:19am On Jun 30, 2019
King44:
Nobody is protesting this broad day light robbery and rape but na matter wey nor concern una na go begin massage balls on top

quite unfortunate
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Humblega(m): 10:20am On Jun 30, 2019
And we keep wondering why d country is moving around recession!!

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Chithauri(m): 10:21am On Jun 30, 2019
this are the people who have been raping us since 1960
they never allow our kids get quality education they become thugs thieves and rapists.
no health.
no power.
no security.
no job.
Our politicians are the real rapist but Nigerians will not protest cos they are fake people.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by babyfaceafrica: 10:21am On Jun 30, 2019
If a Rep receives N70m, a senator may receive up to N10m.

terrible journalism!!

1 Like

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by MYHUBBY: 10:23am On Jun 30, 2019
embarassed

I only need 0.3% of this money to start a life

anyone that pray that this country will be better one day would see my red eyes that day. a country that don't invest on human and physical capital

everything this country had achieved is politics which only the elites are the only beneficiaries
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by bellabello(m): 10:24am On Jun 30, 2019
Let's us do it for you

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by HeyCorleone(m): 10:24am On Jun 30, 2019
inoki247:
And our Youth are Somewhere in Coza Protesting wetin Court neva give verdict on... I remember when 2face wan protest dat time everybody keep mute... Protest wey go move the country nd d Economy forward people no go come out...

Nobody kept mute. 2face chickened out.

Get your facts right.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by bellabello(m): 10:25am On Jun 30, 2019
Let's us do it for you what's App 08152905051

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by lexy2014: 10:29am On Jun 30, 2019
Ay77:
Wasting all our funds on NOTHING

And Nigerians are protesting against coza instead of against NASS
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Rosay15(f): 10:29am On Jun 30, 2019
inoki247:
And our Youth are Somewhere in Coza Protesting wetin Court neva give verdict on... I remember when 2face wan protest dat time everybody keep mute... Protest wey go move the country nd d Economy forward people no go come out...
... Nobody kept mute, the government shut him off and threatening him that’s he back off.
Protesting against bad government is not an issue but do you know how many lives will go for it?. That’s why people are dragging their legs on it and what we can do is to rant on SM.
I don’t blame anyone cus nobody wan die and if you ask me naija no worth dying for cus las las you will be forgotten.
My two cent though. Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by HeyCorleone(m): 10:30am On Jun 30, 2019
Chithauri:
this is where those jobless Protesters should go not coza.see as our useless politicians dey steal our resources.

People like you, Ogaga87, and Joromi12 are just clowns.

Are you guys confined to a wheelchair or disabled in some form that you can lead your own protests?

Those protesting against COZA have chosen that one as their own. You can start your own. Don't dictate to people how they should exercise their rights.

Since you 3 are so concerned, meet up, and stage your own protest. Don't just sit behind your phones and tell other people what to do with themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by HeyCorleone(m): 10:35am On Jun 30, 2019
GBOKASINCHA:
lol all those hungry afonjas shouting nothing for the south east i hope the 32 billion go reach ur hungry family for oshogbo grin grin grin

This is very true.

Because some people just make comments like goats without realising that those at the top don't care about those at the bottom. Of what benefit is it to me that the person who is VP is from my village or that the person who is Senate President is from my Local Government? How does that help me in anyway? Does it translate to instant wealth for me? Like who cares?

The North has held key positions in the country since independence, but how has it impacted on their lives.

If Igbos aren't represented, who gains and who loses? No one. Because even the ones who are represented won't gain anything. Omo-Agege is from my state but I can't come online and masturbate to that because it doesn't benefit me directly.

Nigerian youths have to learn to take very important issues into consideration.

Are the citizens of Katsina enjoying because the president is from their state? What are they privileged to that people from other states are not enjoying?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by chimeziedickson: 10:36am On Jun 30, 2019
I weep for 9ja
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Fidelismaria: 10:37am On Jun 30, 2019
I just weak

Mother nature really bleeped me up bringing me to a Shithole country
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Chithauri(m): 10:37am On Jun 30, 2019
HeyCorleone:

People like you, Ogaga87, and Joromi12 are just clowns.

Are you guys confined to a wheelchair or disabled in some form that you can lead your own protests?

Those protesting against COZA have chosen that one as their own. You can start your own. Don't dictate to people how they should exercise their rights.

Since you 3 are so concerned, meet up, and stage your own protest. Don't just sit behind your phones and tell other people what to do with themselves.
last 2 weeks a 13 years old girl on her way to schools was brutally raped that her uniform was soaked in blood. doctors said she can't have kids again because her organs were affected. where was the outrage? how many yeyebrities spoke about it or offer to meet or help the girl financially for treatment.I have no time for this fake life and hypocrisy and attention seeking that most people are doing.
am asking you again do you have proof papa fatoyinbo raped her or was it consensual. why protest for something that is just allegation yet.some people want him jailed already this precedence will be catastrophic for guys in the future.

4 Likes

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Ubdavis(m): 10:38am On Jun 30, 2019
In a country that is wallowing in poverty. After someone will say, leadership is from God. Shot hole...
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by zomby(m): 10:39am On Jun 30, 2019
In a country where more than 70% of the population can’t afford to comfortably eat 2 good meal daily...and majority of folks with college degree are jobless.
Furthermore medical or education standard in the country is also extremely weak.
It simply makes no sense to pay this much to all these professional/ heartless criminals.

If this goes down, my respect for Buhari’s administration goes straight into the toilet...and all the Nigerian noise makers (fake activists) can safe the world by jumping into the Red Sea.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Ubdavis(m): 10:40am On Jun 30, 2019
In a country that is wallowing in poverty. After someone will say, leadership is from God. Shot hole!!!...is this not sensitive enough for Nigerians to protest If na COZA now ur prik go wake up...
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Ubdavis(m): 10:41am On Jun 30, 2019
What did expect when u have the yam and the knife
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by funlord(m): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2019
Yok66:
You need a professional website .. message me on WhatsApp for business

Dominique

Scammer alert
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by HomeOfMe(f): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2019
Wisdom58:
President of the Senate, Senator Ahmed Lawan; his deputy, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila; Deputy Speaker, Mr Ahmed Idris, and 465 other lawmakers are set to receive at least N32.83bn  as welcome package, investigation has shown.

It was learnt that the lawmakers start receiving the money from Monday.

A member of the federal legislature management confirmed the development to one of our correspondents on the condition of anonymity on Saturday.

He had also yet to reply the text message sent to him as of the time of filing this report.

The welcome package comprises annual accommodation allowance, furniture allowance, and motor vehicle loan. It will also include the salaries and allowances of the lawmakers for the first month and the running or overhead cost for the first three months.

There was indication that the running cost might have been enhanced as each member of the House of Representatives might receive as much as N70m.

Although it could not be ascertained what a senator would receive, traditionally, senators are paid higher than the House of  Representatives members.  If a Rep receives N70m, a senator may receive up to N10m.

However, N32.83m is the summation of N70m into 469 places which is the total number of lawmakers at the federal level.

A source at the National Assembly confirmed to one of our correspondents that each Rep would receive N70m while another source confirmed that a senator would receive at least N70m.

The summation of the annual accommodation allowance, furniture allowance, and motor vehicle loan for either a senator or Rep is lower than N70m, thus indicating that the unofficial emoluments of the lawmakers may have been enhanced.

A senator collects N40.5m (for three months) for overhead as revealed by Senator Shehu Sani in the 8th National Assembly. The monthly salary and regular allowances of a senator is N1, 063,860.

As prescribed by the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission, a senator is entitled to N4,052,800 for accommodation (once a year) and a furniture allowance of N6,079,200 (once in four years). Should a senator desire, they are entitled to N8, 105,600 as motor vehicle loan.  These sum up to N59, 801,460.

A member of the House of Representatives, on the other hand, receives N30m a quarter for overhead or running cost. They are also entitled to a monthly salary and a regular allowance of N794, 086.83.

The accommodation allowance of a Rep is N3, 970,425 per annum while the furniture allowance is N5, 955,637 (for four years). Should a Rep desire, they can get a motor vehicle loan of N7, 940,850.50. These sum up to N48, 660,999.83.

Confirming the allowances and the scheduled payment, members of the parliament told one of our correspondents on the condition of anonymity that the payment was supposed to have been paid earlier than now.

The source added, “We have not collected anything. Up till now, I have not got one naira. I’m broke now and I’m looking for money.”

A senator also said they had not been paid.

“The car loan is about N7m. It’s different from the official car that will come later. The loan is just like an advance payment of our annual transport allowance.”

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/lawan-gbajabiamila-omo-agege-others-receive-n32-83bn-welcome-package/
Is that not the reason why they do anything,even killing to get to that place. No news..
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by ziziangel(m): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2019
Senators & Rep members be flexing... Poor Nigerians be protesting against Biblical David
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by HomeOfMe(f): 10:43am On Jun 30, 2019
Wisdom58:
President of the Senate, Senator Ahmed Lawan; his deputy, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila; Deputy Speaker, Mr Ahmed Idris, and 465 other lawmakers are set to receive at least N32.83bn  as welcome package, investigation has shown.

It was learnt that the lawmakers start receiving the money from Monday.

A member of the federal legislature management confirmed the development to one of our correspondents on the condition of anonymity on Saturday.

He had also yet to reply the text message sent to him as of the time of filing this report.

The welcome package comprises annual accommodation allowance, furniture allowance, and motor vehicle loan. It will also include the salaries and allowances of the lawmakers for the first month and the running or overhead cost for the first three months.

There was indication that the running cost might have been enhanced as each member of the House of Representatives might receive as much as N70m.

Although it could not be ascertained what a senator would receive, traditionally, senators are paid higher than the House of  Representatives members.  If a Rep receives N70m, a senator may receive up to N10m.

However, N32.83m is the summation of N70m into 469 places which is the total number of lawmakers at the federal level.

A source at the National Assembly confirmed to one of our correspondents that each Rep would receive N70m while another source confirmed that a senator would receive at least N70m.

The summation of the annual accommodation allowance, furniture allowance, and motor vehicle loan for either a senator or Rep is lower than N70m, thus indicating that the unofficial emoluments of the lawmakers may have been enhanced.

A senator collects N40.5m (for three months) for overhead as revealed by Senator Shehu Sani in the 8th National Assembly. The monthly salary and regular allowances of a senator is N1, 063,860.

As prescribed by the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission, a senator is entitled to N4,052,800 for accommodation (once a year) and a furniture allowance of N6,079,200 (once in four years). Should a senator desire, they are entitled to N8, 105,600 as motor vehicle loan.  These sum up to N59, 801,460.

A member of the House of Representatives, on the other hand, receives N30m a quarter for overhead or running cost. They are also entitled to a monthly salary and a regular allowance of N794, 086.83.

The accommodation allowance of a Rep is N3, 970,425 per annum while the furniture allowance is N5, 955,637 (for four years). Should a Rep desire, they can get a motor vehicle loan of N7, 940,850.50. These sum up to N48, 660,999.83.

Confirming the allowances and the scheduled payment, members of the parliament told one of our correspondents on the condition of anonymity that the payment was supposed to have been paid earlier than now.

The source added, “We have not collected anything. Up till now, I have not got one naira. I’m broke now and I’m looking for money.”

A senator also said they had not been paid.

“The car loan is about N7m. It’s different from the official car that will come later. The loan is just like an advance payment of our annual transport allowance.”

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/lawan-gbajabiamila-omo-agege-others-receive-n32-83bn-welcome-package/
Is that not the reason why they do anything,even killing to get to that place. Not like they care about the people,mcheeew.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by HeyCorleone(m): 10:43am On Jun 30, 2019
Chithauri:
last 2 weeks a 13 years old girl on her way to schools was brutally raped that her uniform was soaked in blood. doctors said she can't have kids again because her organs were affected. where was the outrage? how many yeyebrities spoke about it or offer to meet or help the girl financially for treatment.I have no time for this fake life and hypocrisy and attention seeking that most people are doing.
am asking you again do you have proof papa fatoyinbo raped her or was it consensual. why protest for something that is just allegation yet.some people want him jailed already this precedence will be catastrophic for guys in the future.

You need proof for a rape that happened more than 10 years ago? hmmm

What sort of proof do you need? DNA samples? Fingerprints? Video or audio recording?

That is not my point. My point is you can't stay in your house and dictate that others should stage a protest according to your wish or what you feel they should do. Start your own protest. You enjoy the same rights as they do.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Chithauri(m): 10:48am On Jun 30, 2019
HeyCorleone:

You need proof for a rape that happened more than 10 years ago? hmmm

What sort of proof do you need? DNA samples? Fingerprints? Video or audio recording?

That is not my point. My point is you can't stay in your house and dictate that others should stage a protest according to your wish or what you feel they should do. Start your own protest. You enjoy the same rights as they do.
before u protest u need permission from police.the church is a property.loitering is not permitted. harassing somebody for a allegation is a crime that can get you arrested. you are only excited because she be timi wife. a girl of 17 raped twice, still attended his church. who fit believe? am more concerned about that 13 year old girl.I was close to tears when I saw that.I really really hate rape.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by jrusky(m): 10:51am On Jun 30, 2019
Ok good luck to them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Northern Emirs Admire Osinbajo By David Omoruyi / Fact Check: Did INEC Prevent Igbos From Registering For PVC In Lagos? / President Buhari: I Am Expecting Nigerians To Say 'this Man Has Done His Best'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.