Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,058 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:09 AM

COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down (3357 Views)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Breaks Silence On How He Battled Undisclosed Sickness / Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations / Church Of Satan Blasts Pastor Fatoyinbo Over Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by CGMedia: 1:10pm On Jun 30, 2019
The embattled Senior Pastor of CommonWealth Zion Assembly (COZA), Biodun Fatoyinbo, has finally bowed to pressure from aggrieved Nigerians following the rape allegations leveled against him, Igbere TV reports.

The clergyman has subsequently ‘stepped down’ as Senior Pastor of the congregation, pending when he is able to clear his name.

Igbere TV gathered that Fatoyinbo said he was stepping aside for the church elders to “take charge.”

He also announced the suspension of a seven days programme of the church, which was supposed to commence this week.

Speaking on Sunday when he mounted the altar, the embattled pastor said the “Holy Spirit” directed him to suspend the programme.

Fatoyinbo stated that he was unhappy about the scandal rocking the church.

Igbere TV reports that the pastor has been widely criticised, with some Nigerians on Twitter asking him to step aside pending investigations into the rape allegations.

Our correspondent who monitored the service reports that members of the church hailed the pastor when he took to the pulpit, with some screaming “pastor we love you.”

Recall that celebrity photographer and wife of musician Timi Dakolo, Busola, had accused Fatoyinbo of raping her.

The pastor, however, denied the allegations, saying he has not raped anyone “before” even as an unbeliever.

Protesters under the #ChurchTooMovement had on Sunday, stormed the church premises in protest against the development.

The protesters were seen with placards which read: ‘We are watching you,’ ‘Your Pastor is not your God,’ ‘Thou shall not rape’ and ‘No to sexual abuse in my church’ ‘God can forgive you in jail’ among others with the hash tag ‘#ChurchToo.’

The protesters, including one of the leaders of the Bring Back Our Girls movement, Aisha Yesufu, were seen wearing white in solidarity with other victims of rape.

http://igberetvnews.com/806935/breaking-coza-rape-scandal-pastor-fatoyinbo-finally-bows-to-pressure-steps-down/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by TheMainMan: 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
i hope the truth will be established

till dn i am not judging

3 Likes

Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Donald95(m): 1:16pm On Jun 30, 2019
Me and the remaining sane Nigerians are waiting until the court make judgement based on evidence B4 we believe.

I have never seen a virgin having sex and she didn't groan in pain at the first thrust Talk more of Raping a virgin in her mum's house while her siblings are around. The automatic shout due to pain would have attracted even neighbours

I hate rapists with passion and I also hate it wen people accuse another person wrongly (Stephanie Otobo). #Letthecourtdecide

We are too grown to believe without evidence.

11 Likes

Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Francisayo(m): 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2019
May the TRUTH prevail
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by KingAzubuike(f): 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2019
The bible says a time will come when the children of the devil will wage war against the righteous. Busola is obviously an agent of the devil sent to stop this man of God from doing his will.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Righteousness89(m): 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2019
JESUS CHRIST IS LORD OVER ALL...

JESUS CHRIST IS THE OWNER OF THE CHURCH...

HIS WILL , WILL BE DONE...

Making Amendments and Peace with GOD and Making Heaven is More Important than Holding various Posts in Sin and Missing Heaven...

My Prayer for Him in these Trying Times is that He Makes Peace with GOD wherever there is need to..... GOD ALMIGHTY I Know Is soooo Merciful.....
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Frankiss44(m): 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2019
If this is true, then he has taken the part of honor...
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by martyns303(m): 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2019
First step in the right direction. Let's be honest here, as at 17yrs ago he was much younger and like most young people would have been reckless and acted on impulse.

It will do everyone a lot of good if he owns up to the act and ask for forgiveness and let everything go away. it's not the end of the world. Else they should carry out a polygraph test and know who's lying between the pastor and the lady.
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Chapelbeatz(m): 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2019
Ewo.Chai.Im speechless.
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Frankiss44(m): 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2019
KingAzubuike:
The bible says a time will come when the children of the devil will wage war against the righteous. Busola is obviously an agent of the devil sent to stop this man of God from doing his will.

Many are mad but few are roaming...

Busola is agent of devil, Ese Walter is jezebel, Stella Damascus friend na witch.. Only your pastor na innocent..

Don't worry, keep quoting the Bible upside down until this man will scatter the hymen of your daughter

5 Likes

Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Frankiss44(m): 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2019
If this is true, then he has taken the part of honor...
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2019
Good
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2019
I just don't know why I suddenly got the urge to for once in my lifetime be on the same page With a pastor...

I have made a vow never to believe anything that comes out of the mouth of a woman

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by NobleAngell(f): 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2019
That's the honourable thing to do. If your name has been a constant stain to the body of Christ, then you have no business still clinging. The name of Christ should be more important to you than your name.
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by 9jaBloke: 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2019
There's no proof yet that Busola is saying the truth, but she is not some broke/desperate opportunist looking for cheap popularity and some pocket change. She's living a good life and has a reputation and that of her family to protect.

Pastor Fatoyinbo could be innocent of the allegation but this is not a one-off case as he has been accused before. It is still very possible that he is innocent of all the allegations. So i don't think a sentence should be passed until he has been given a chance to fully address this issue (s) and defend himself.

Busola on the other hand deserves to be taken very seriously. Rape is a grievous crime and it has become endemic in Nigeria.

Anyone standing completely with Busola without giving Pastor F benefit of the doubt is unnecessarily emotional and guilty of fallacy of hasty conclusion.

Anyone defending Pastor F without asking for the case to be thoroughly investigated is a Potential Rapist.

The ideal thing to do is to let the case go to trial and listen to both parties give their accounts under oath.

Even though i don't fully believe in our judicial system but i feel that if we listen attentively to both sides of the story, somewhere along the line, the truth will emerge.

1 Like

Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Beyfit(f): 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2019
huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..THE LIGHT ALWAYS OVER SHADOW DARKNESS. THIS IS A WARNING TO YOU SINNERS, GOD WILL FETCH YOU OUT ONE DAY IF YOU DON'T DESIST AND REPENT FROM YOUR SINS. SUDDENLY THE DAY SHALL COME WHEN YOU WILL HAVE NO WHERE TO HIDE.

SMOKE CANT BE HIDING FOR TOO LONG

MANY HAVE SIN AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD
BRETHREN, YOUR SINS CAN BE FORGIVING IF ONLY YOU REPENT HEARTEDLY

DON'T BE RELIGIOUSLY WICKED AND HIDE UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF GOD..HE WILL SPIT YOU OUT
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Unik3030: 1:37pm On Jun 30, 2019
KingAzubuike:
so y always this pastor? are u trying to tell us they have all lied against him? is he d only young pastor in Nigeria?
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by NobleAngell(f): 1:37pm On Jun 30, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Wow! Are you serious?
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Annie939(f): 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2019
gods of men everywhere, God told you indeed rapist

Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by AmadiAba: 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2019
Good. He should clear his name first
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Gosj01(m): 2:05pm On Jun 30, 2019
Hmmm... Only God knows the truth.

I sell cheap and super neat laptops.
Details on signature.
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by joromii: 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2019
see this thing that cannot collect one pa is also protesting. I'd rather do soapie than rape bamboo

4 Likes

Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by ifeanyiatuadu: 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2019
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2019
mm...let justice speak...for we don't know who's innocent or guilty right now
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by samstradam: 2:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
Even this narcissist and alleged rapist can do what Onnoghen struggled to do.

1 Like

Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by tstx(m): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2019
Yawn
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by DateMynd44(m): 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2019
martyns303:
First step in the right direction. Let's be honest here, as at 17yrs ago he was much younger and like most young people would have been reckless and acted on impulse.

It will do everyone a lot of good if he owns up to the act and ask for forgiveness and let everything go away. it's not the end of the world. Else they should carry out a polygraph test and know who's lying between the pastor and the lady.
what is polygraph test and how do they conduct it?
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by DateMynd44(m): 3:41pm On Jun 30, 2019
Frankiss44:

[s] Many are mad but few are roaming...

Busola is agent of devil, Ese Walter is jezebel, Stella Damascus friend na witch.. Only your pastor na innocent..

Don't worry, keep quoting the Bible upside down until this man will scatter the hymen of your daughter [/s]
shut up there my friend. don't be so dumb and stupid at the same time.
so a woman Just woke up after 17 years and accused this man of rape and you'll Just swallow hook, line and sinker?
u must be very very dumb
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by DateMynd44(m): 3:45pm On Jun 30, 2019
9jaBloke:
There's no proof yet that Busola is saying the truth, but she is not some broke/desperate opportunist looking for cheap popularity and some pocket change. She's living a good life and has a reputation and that of her family to protect.

Pastor Fatoyinbo could be innocent of the allegation but this is not a one-off case as he has been accused before. It is still very possible that he is innocent of all the allegations. So i don't think a sentence should be passed until he has been given a chance to fully address this issue (s) and defend himself.

Busola on the other hand deserves to be taken very seriously. Rape is a grievous crime and it has become endemic in Nigeria.

Anyone standing completely with Busola without giving Pastor F benefit of the doubt is unnecessarily emotional and guilty of fallacy of hasty conclusion.

Anyone defending Pastor F without asking for the case to be thoroughly investigated is a Potential Rapist.

The ideal thing to do is to let the case go to trial and listen to both parties give their accounts under oath.

Even though i don't fully believe in our judicial system but i feel that if we listen attentively to both sides of the story, somewhere along the line, the truth will emerge.
GBAM u said it all bro.
this is just the perfect truth
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by DateMynd44(m): 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2019
joromii:
see this thing that cannot collect one pa is also protesting. I'd rather do soapie than rape bamboo
lmao grin
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by martyns303(m): 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2019
DateMynd44:
what is polygraph test and how do they conduct it?

u know how an ECG works? anyways, with a polygraph test, u will be asked questions of yes or no, if u r lying the machine records ur reaction(pulse) and detects if the answer u provided is true or not.
Re: COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down by jcross19: 3:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
Frankiss44:

Many are mad but few are roaming...

Don't worry, keep quoting the Bible upside down until this man will scatter the hymen of your daughter
don't reason like q zombie here!!! I have been thinking about her interview concerning the rape of a thing, something is not adding up like raping her for 3 times and you did not raise alarm , still you are his member for many years after the raped incident !!! something is wrong somewhere!

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Beautiful Analogy For Atheist / Evil Pastors Do / Why Don’t Christians Name Their Male Children Ishmael?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.