Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,496 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:32 PM

RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga (23523 Views)

She's Trying To Coza Me, She's Intentional. / COZA & BUSOLA :Why Most Rape Victims Don't Scream By Havard Psychologist / Pepper In Vagina Saga: No Phone Was Missing, Police CP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by sweetrace(f): 11:29am On Oct 13, 2019
Op, your epistle is an ode to subjective crap!!! Busola or Bisola is not rich or influential. I like all the people I’ve talked with did not know she was a photographer. I did not even know her name. I just knew she was Timi’s Wife. Her case went viral only because of the personality she is accusing.

As to why social media? Unless she is out to harass and destroy the pastor, she would have gone to court where a proper investigation can be carried out. Social media is a body that likes sensational stories and does not care about the truth.

Busola is the first and only person to accuse the pastor of rape. Others have claimed they had an affair with him. Affairs are consensual.

Why is this not an attack on the church and Christianity as a whole? The pastor is human but the easiest way to destroy a body is to cut off the head. An accusation is not evidence of guilt. I have been accused of something totally repugnant by people I don’t know. Only to discover that they did not even know me personally. They harassed and did all they could to try to discredit me. Yet they did not know me. There was a woman who was in the background pulling their strings. She did not know me at all. I had to accept that this was an attack I had no real explanation for. That is why I can view this as an attack.

Rape is a serious allegation and there should be proper channels to report this. I hope that there will be measures put in place to make it easy to report rape cases immediately they happen so there’ll be justice for the accuser and the accused.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by Dreew(f): 11:36am On Oct 13, 2019
Sultan5:

Hmmm but lemme ask you this. Do you always believe all rape accusations? Or is there never an element of doubt in your mind?

All allegations can never be true, rape or not. But I have this gift of "knowing", not in all cases but those that touch my nerve. Like rape, murder and abuse.

Let's put busola's case aside. Look at the accused intently, do you truly believe he's innocent?

I've known fatoyinbo before now. Not in person but on social media. Everytime I come across his picture, I say to myself, "Is this one a pastor? How can people not see?"
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by dalongjnr: 11:51am On Oct 13, 2019
Sultan5:

I equally agreed with you on this front. But my point is it's very hard to prove in court especially when the victim was ignorant of the importance of evidence when the said event occurs. Probably because they were too emotionally broken to think straight. In cases like this, the rapist goes free not because he is innocent but because the accuser didn't meet the burden of proof.

Obviously this could all be a false claim too. This is why we really need to educate girls on the need to preserve and document everything after they are raped. This is obviously against nature as the natural thing to do is to wash off everything as quickly as possible but this makes it harder or almost impossible to meet the burden of proof.

As per being accused wrongly that's understandable. And does a lot of damage to the accused reputation. And if you are up against a deadly lawyer that can twist facts and tell half truths, you could be in serious problem. Although false accusations are rare when it comes to rape compared to other crimes like murder and the likes. It do happens but its even more rare for it to occur more than once from more than one women. A pattern is a pattern. Of course that too can be fabricated too.
I total accept your submission that's why stated in my previous post that the tossed coin can go either way.
The truth is,rape is going on silently in our society but people are not willing or scarred to come out due to; shame,stigma, culture, family ties and what of you, but the above is percuiliar with teens and single ladies who are on the Verge of getting married.
At a point I'm a gender based violence counselor and I can tell you the statistics is worrisome.
I can tell you that the police are not doing their work because 70% of them doesn't know what GBV is. Most of the cases ends at the desk and hardly goes to the court, even in the cases involving minors.
As I'm typing this, about 100 or more act of rape just took place across the country. So sad,but true!
NB;rape is irrespective of sex,age,tribe or religion. Men are also been raped too. In fact, sometimes More than the females, especially, the handsome, the nerdy,and dumb ones.

2 Likes

Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by benji93: 12:03pm On Oct 13, 2019
I still maintain my stand. We are not only talking about the creation of policies, but the will to enforce them. If you wanna bring up an example, discuss countries that are similar to Nigeria in their level of development and were able to effectively curb vices such as rape. The case of numerous movements created in the US to protest some of these vices is a bad example as far as I am concerned. That is a society in which if a law is passed, you are sure it will be enforced( they have their own failings though). No matter how many laws the Senate passes to curb the problem, it will remain at large, if they are not enforced. If the elites and rich folks can always get away with rape, What is the purpose of having these policies then. The question is, which solution would be more effective in curbing rape? Talking fervently about them or fixing our system to address the issue. As a lawyer (deduction from references), I understand that talking is your thing, however our system may not care about what you say, and reminding the system that rapists must be severely punished does not mean it will act on it. So keep creating awareness, that's alright, but we are talking about long-lasting solutions to the problem. In that case, getting our governance right is more important. Plus where does the government even come from? The government is generally what the people are, so there is not much difference between the government and the people. Whatever you say about one, you are indirectly talking about other. Only one of them can effectively minimize such a serious problem, and it's not the people. The people can talk, but if those guys at the top don't do anything, nothing happens. For instance, look at the Sowore situation, for all his failings, it was totally wrong. And still the system allowed that. Peace
safarigirl:

The re-orientation starts from homes. If you know how many laws we have in Nigeria that are poorly implemented, you'd realise it is not so much the government often times, but the people.

Society greatly influences the government policies. If we don't make noise about these matters, nothing will be done. The government cannot work in isolation, society's pressures also determine government policies. So, saying people should drop talking about rape pending when the government choose to pick it up, is wrong.

The LGBTQ movement in America, the Civil Rights movement, influenced laws that led to what the American society has become today. The people didn't just sit at home and keep mute about it. If you don't constantly talk about it in the press and on social media, if you don't keep the topic in the minds of policy makers and public officers, nobody will suddenly bring up or implement laws to correct the societal wrong.

Government may have a role to play, but government is influenced by society's role. If you think protests concerning the matter will solve nothing and are unimportant, the government will regard them with the same importance you give it.
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by charleoj(m): 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2019
Point of correction, Ese Walter never said she was raped. She said they had an affair. I believe it's the same with Busola Dakolo.
I have only one reason. Her story didn't add up.
Busola said she was a virgin when Gucci Pastor raped her. Let us think it through. Deflowering with consent is painful talk less of without consent. She also said her sister was at home but she was upstairs doing something. I believe if Gucci pastor actually raped her as a virgin, she will shout to the extent that her sister will hear but her sister didn't hear. I believe they just had a quickie.
Busola also said after the act, Gucci pastor went to his car and brought Krest and she waited on the couch all the while.

Gucci pastor is not a saint we all know but he didn't rape. Something else would have triggered her to say all what she said. Besides, hell has no fury like a woman who is scorned.

I rest my case

1 Like

Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
sweetrace:

Why is this not an attack on the church and Christianity as a whole? The pastor is human but the easiest way to destroy a body is to cut off the head. An accusation is not evidence of guilt. I have been accused of something totally repugnant by people I don’t know. Only to discover that they did not even know me personally. They harassed and did all they could to try to discredit me. Yet they did not know me. There was a woman who was in the background pulling their strings. She did not know me at all. I had to accept that this was an attack I had no real explanation for. That is why I can view this as an attack.

Rape is a serious allegation and there should be proper channels to report this. I hope that there will be measures put in place to make it easy to report rape cases immediately they happen so there’ll be justice for the accuser and the accused.

Well, the Bible is clear about what a bishop or pastor should be...a husband of one wife, not committing affairs, etc.

You claim that Busola is attacking the church. Well, when Fatoyinbo decided to have affairs...assuming Busola had an affair with him...and knowing that he did have an affair with Ese....he opened the church to attack.

That is the same thing happening in the Catholic Church, the minute some priests decided to molest young children, they opened the church to attack by the devil

If Fatoyinbo can be preaching about many things, including sexual immorality, and also counselling people about to get married not to defile the marriage bed, and at the end of the day does the opposite....aren't people opposed to Christianity going to call it a fraud.

And don't call Fatoyinbo human. Kenneth Hagin was a human, as was William Franklin Graham and Oral Roberts. They were also heavily tempted. As are many other men and women of god, and pastors, etc. Why aren't they doing as Fatoyinbo is doing?

And if Fatoyinbo gives up his minsitry, won't people for once commend Chrtsitians for living to their book?

2 Likes

Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by meobizy(f): 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2019
This thread is outdated like this forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by Pigsandidiots: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2019
[s]
safarigirl:
Due to the overwhelming ignorance that has sadly inundated Nairaland since Busola Dakolo's interview broke out, I would like to address the most popular Mind-numbing questions that have been generated from this event once and for all.

I will address them one by one, and hope that my answers can free some of you from this disturbing stand you have taken on rape. I know many of you think this is the internet and there are no consequences, but one day, you will apply for an international visa, and they will check your internet history and discover you are a rape apologist and that will be the end of your dreams of being Mungo Park.

So, here goes.

1. WHY NOW?

Why now? Why not now? If not now, when?

How would you feel, if someone raped you and went about his daily life with pomp and pageantry? Have you ever been offended by someone? Has someone evee cheated you of something and gotten glory afterwards? How does that make you feel? Are you happy? Are you indifferent? Doesn't the sight of the person burn your soul?

Let me explain how rape works. Rape is not just a violent act against the body, it is an act against the mind as well. About 90% of rape victims are usually threatened with harm if they speak, some are cajoled into thinking their rape was normal. They cannot speak for fear of not being believed. How do you tell your parents that your uncle raped you? Who will believe you if you accuse the most jovial person in the neighborhood of rape? What will become of you if you tell someone that you were raped by the most dangerous person in the neighborhood? What if your parents' livelihood is at stake?

There is no stipulated time for anyone to confess their truth. So many may have confessed earlier on, but were told to shut up. I know rape victims that confided in their parents and were scolded for even talking such 'nonsense'. If your own family cannot believe you, who will you talk to?

All a victim needs is someone to believe them. Someone to stand by them, that feeling is all you need to speak your truth. Bishop's hand was held by her husband and she has spoken her truth, what the rest of the world has to say is irrelevant (YES, YOU are irrelevant), the most important person in her life right now is supportive and that is all that matters.

Why Now? Now, because someone has said I BELIEVE YOU, I SUPPORT YOU. So, whenever a victim's NOW occurs, is the right time.

2. WOULD SHE HAVE SPOKEN UP IF HE WASN'T RICH AND INFLUENTIAL?

Would the matter have been this serious if SHE wasn't rich and influential? Is Mrs. Dakolo the first person to accuse Fatoyinbo? How far did the last accusations go? How many protests did it lead to? How many people confessed to have been rape victims? Would it have risen to the level of a national discourse if she wasn't this rich and influential? Would you have taken it seriously if it wasn't Busola Dakolo?

When it was Ese, how many believed her? What was the support like? People accused her of being an olosho, homebreaker and all sorts. Today, it is a married woman with an influential husband, she has no risen to break pastor's home. What are you going to say? It is because of his position.

YES, his position is relevant. It is people in HIS position that are the most culpable in rape. Pastors, Imams, Uncles, Aunties, Cousins, Fathers, Mothers, Sisters. His Position influenced his act. People TRUST him, who would believe someone like HIM will rape anyone? Who will believe a Man Of God will rape anyone? WHO WILL BELIEVE?

Every rapist is INFLUENTIAL in their own right. Just because you don't know them, does not mean someone doesn't. They are known to families and neighbors. Someone looks at them with respect, every rapist is a celebrity in their own right. Their victims are witnesses to their adoration, their victims listen to the words of adulation showered upon them by those who do not know better. Every RAPIST os hiding under a CLOAK of INFLUENCE. You cannot talk, because nobody will believe that such an UPSTANDING member of society could do such a HEINOUS act.

It is good that a MOG is on the hot seat. This is a MESSAGE of Empowerment to victims, that NOBODY is ABOVE public PERSECUTION. If Fatoyinbo can be questioned, so can that uncle that is nice to everyone, so can the neughborhood philantropist, if Fatoyinbo can be harassed, then that sweet aunty can also be harassed, the landlord/caretaker can be harassed, your tormentor can be harasssed. There are no sacred cows.

3. MEN HAVE BEEN FALSELY ACCUSED OF RECENT, HOW ARE WE SURE THIS ISN'T THE SAME?

Is it today Fatoyinbo has been accused? Is Busola the first one to accuse him? Since she spoke up, have more women not come to point fingers at him? Is he the only Pastor in Nigeria? Why always him? Why not Adefarasin, Oyakhilome or Suleiman? Is he the most successful? When Suleiman was faced with his own trials, was he, at any point accused of rape? Was Oyakhilome ever acccused of rape, even when he was accused of adultery?

How many men have been falsely accused by MULTIPLE women?

Fatoyinbo can best be likened to people like Bill Cosby and R-Kelly, not Neymar and C. Ronaldo.

One woman is vendetta, two women is a conspiracy, three women is a pattern, more than three women, is a perpetrator.

4. WHY CAN'T THEY PROTEST CORRUPTION?

Banky W, Rugged Man, Seun Kuti, Falz, Simi, ElDee

These are a few celebrities that have at one point or the other, protested against the Government and the System. What about you? Have you ever protested?

Let me tell you, Rape is Corruption, it is a corruption of a mind and body. It is a virus that lives within the rapist and is spread to the victim. When you tell a victim to shut up, you enable corruption. You are telling the world that a rapist should not be held accountable for his crimes, just like supporters of the corruption in government, are telling us those thieves should not be held accountable for theirs

The ACTIVE DEFENSE of ANY Crime, be it against the state or against HUMANITY is CORRUPTION. When you speak for an ALLEGED Rapist, you SUPPORT corruption.
"She enjoyed it" is the same thing as "If na you, you sef go steal pass am". "Why didn't she talk since?" Is the same thing as "Enemy of progress, why will you report a theft in the office?"

Rape is a scourge to society just as looting is. The victim will grow up to become a part of the society, thw victim will not heal, the victim will carry a grudge and INNOCENT people will suffer for it. Some victims grow up to be molesters, and create more victims. You are creating a spciety of victims. Rape is as much a threat to a FUNCTIONAL society as corruption is. The society is made by PEOPLE, a society CANNOT function properly if the PEOPLE in it, are PSYCHOLOGICALLY messed up.

The same way that a person steals money and it is covered up, that is how people steal innocence and cover it up. These two acts BREED corruption and both acts mess up the society.

Theft and Rape are TWO sides of a DAMAGED COIN. They are not EXCLUSIVE. When you condemn one and make excuses for the other, you DEFEND corruption.

5. TAKE IT TO COURT, NOT SOCIAL MEDIA

This is cute, considering most of you accusing politicians of corruption have never even approached the Code Of Conduct Bureau to lay a complaint, even less approached an actually court of law.

Has Ganduje been convicted by a court of corruption? There is a video of him collecting money, and so? Is it not just an allegation? What do you know the money is for?

Before most cases go to formal court, they must pass through the court of public opinion first. This court of public opinion is particularly useful where the rich and influential are concerned, because without it, the right authorities may not be moved to act.

In every country in the world, court of public opinion is incredibly important, that is why PR firms EXIST, because public opinion is easily the most influential thing in today's society.

Public opinion matters because whatever decisions the courts reach, will affect the public directly or indirectly. So, while plans are in motion to institute this case in court, believe that the court of public opinion will have their say.

6. WHY IS THE CHURCH UNDER ATTACK?

This one is ridiculous.

Really? Is Fatoyinbo the church? Os he not just an individual? I did not know an individual can now be substitutued with a body as VAST as the church?

This argument is particularly interesting because a while ago, the Catholic church was inundated with protests concerning molestation of boys by priests. I did not see anyone talkinf about an attack on the church. Rather, a lot of 'Christians' were attacking and gloating at the Catholic church. What is with the double standards though?

How come I didn't see this energy then? Oh yeah! Only these New Generation churches make up the body of Christ these days, and one pastor can now be substituted for the entire church of Christ.

It is only the incredibly dense that use this line. One person cannot be "the church". Fatoyinbo is just a man, like you and me, whose 'anointing' is in question. Fatoyinbo cannot and can never be 'the church', Fatoyinbo is not even COZA church.

The church has been in existence long before anyone alive was, the church has outlived millions of people. The church has outlived years of persecution, the church has lived through divisions and break ups, the church survived scandals involving mass murder and genocide. It is not something as fickle aas Fatoyinbo's restless privates that will destroy the church.

The church is under threat, because the followers of Christ are PROTECTING the evil that lives AMONG them. The church is not being threatened from outside, it is being threatened from WITHIN. When the body of Christ is seen to support evil, they cause believers to live in doubt. God is not a God of evil, Christ would never support rapists and murderers.

The church may be under attack, but the evil elements inside are the people attacking the church from the inside.

Having answered these questions, I will not be answering any other question. Those who will be rapists, will continue to defend their ilk. I am glad that this saga has led many to talk about their experiences and given them the opportunity to heal. Whether Fatoyinbo is eventually charged and convicted of rape is not as important, because the most important goal has been achieved; many rapists have been exposed across the country, many victims have been given the much needed outlet and many will get the chance to finally heal. If that is all that is achieved, it will be for the greater good of the society.
[/s]Trash
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by BRATISLAVA: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2019
safarigirl:
Ebiwali...
It's not fair under your point 4 when you say that one accuser is vendetta. It's not. Sometimes some rapists only rape once then get cold feet when they feel the heat.
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 13, 2019
franchasng:
My brother is it today you realized that majority of Nigerians don't have sense

Instead of Nigerians to focus on protesting and addressing the political woes in Nigeria which gave birth to every other nonsense happening in Nigeria today, they are busy wasting their time on nonsense rape accusation.

If Nigeria is working politically and leadership wise, there will be working Police and working judicial systems to address any rape issue and get the victims prosecuted without delay which will put fear in the hearts of future rapists not to try, knowing if they do, the law will catch up with them.

So safarigirl you and your likes should focus your efforts on addressing the Nigerian political mess first in order to get Nigeria working first, once that is addressed, rape and even sex for grade by lecturers and sex for jobs and sex for promotion will all die natural deaths or reduce to barest minimum.

All these noise about Busola Dakolo rape accusation is a waste of time honestly, Nigeria is going through a political mess right now and you guys are wasting time chasing clout in the name of whatever nonsense angry

Lack of empathy.

Are you perhaps waiting to be a victim of a crime before you see that it is a problem that affects everyone?

3 Likes

Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by safarigirl(f): 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

It's not fair under your point 4 when you say that one accuser is vendetta. It's not. Sometimes some rapists only rape once then get cold feet when they feel the heat.
I know that.

I just stated that in relation to the Fatoyinbo case
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by sweetrace(f): 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

Well, the Bible is clear about what a bishop or pastor should be...a husband of one wife, not committing affairs, etc.

You claim that Busola is attacking the church. Well, when Fatoyinbo decided to have affairs...assuming Busola had an affair with him...and knowing that he did have an affair with Ese....he opened the church to attack.

That is the same thing happening in the Catholic Church, the minute some priests decided to molest young children, they opened the church to attack by the devil

If Fatoyinbo can be preaching about many things, including sexual immorality, and also counselling people about to get married not to defile the marriage bed, and at the end of the day does the opposite....aren't people opposed to Christianity going to call it a fraud.

And don't call Fatoyinbo human. Kenneth Hagin was a human, as was William Franklin Graham and Oral Roberts. They were also heavily tempted. As are many other men and women of god, and pastors, etc. Why aren't they doing as Fatoyinbo is doing?

And if Fatoyinbo gives up his minsitry, won't people for once commend Chrtsitians for living to their book?

When Fatoyinbo decided to have affairs? Why try to give credence to what you did not witness? Portiphars wife accused Joseph of trying to rape her and he was imprisoned wrongly. The Pharisees went about trying to trap Jesus and ended paying Judas. They preferred to have a known criminal released and an innocent man murdered. That there are accusations does not make the claims true. That is why it is the job of the police to carry out investigations and not social media.
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by abels(m): 1:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
i see you are evil and you will go at any length to support evil you are just a devil with many fans
zeuss:
Kai! Something just didn't make sense to me there.
I have no intention of making anyone feel bad here but I think there was no rape in the whole saga. There was rather a silent attraction that gave birth to mutual conjugality.
Why be around a man for that long if you never liked him?
Why keep mute on him raping you while your sister was in the house if you never liked it?
Why didn't you shout and raise alarm when he was leaving, after the purported rape if you never liked it?
Why didn't you share the first and second rape issue immediately to your beloved family if you never liked it?
Why still go to his church if you never liked it?
Why go stay at his house to help his wife and even sought to sleep in their master bedroom if you never liked it?
Why follow him in his car to drop you if you never liked it?
Why didn't you struggle when he took the u-turn to give you the supposed second rape if you never liked it?
Why didn't you tell anyone again or even the police if you never liked it?
After the third day, when he came to find out why you didn't go to church, why didn't you refuse going to the same church when he asked you to if you never liked it?
Why didn't you show any sign of what he did to anyone? Why conceal the whole issue if you never liked it?
Are you totally innocent
Why didn't you tell us if you ever seduced him?
Why didn't you tell us if you fell for his looks?
Why did you do what you did and are still doing what you're doing to him now? Is it fair?
So because someone accused you of sleeping with pastors in the past and is accusing you of being unfaithful in your marriage now you want to pick on the pastor who was in your past just to cover up on the accusation meted on you?
Who knows if you probably seduced him to push him to that extent?
What looks did you give him when he entered your house with your nighty on? Why didn't you rush to change? Why allow him to come in when you were probably Unclad in a transparent gown?
Please,
Pastors are humans. Let's be fair on them and their weaknesses as human as they are.
Don't go seducing a man with your talent and beauty and expect him to act as brother Paul in the Bible when you refused to leave him and his territory.
A man will chase you and get what he wants when he knows you're interested in him.
We're not fools please ����
The woman should just admit that she was wrong as much as she claims that he was wrong
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by abels(m): 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
God help you guys
lokobyforch:
Hypocrite everywhere, na social media be POLICE station
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by abels(m): 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2019
you are evil
Catchfirez:

That write up is fake
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by greggng: 1:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
safarigirl:
Due to the overwhelming ignorance that has sadly inundated Nairaland since Busola Dakolo's interview broke out, I would like to address the most popular Mind-numbing questions that have been generated from this event once and for all.

I will address them one by one, and hope that my answers can free some of you from this disturbing stand you have taken on rape. I know many of you think this is the internet and there are no consequences, but one day, you will apply for an international visa, and they will check your internet history and discover you are a rape apologist and that will be the end of your dreams of being Mungo Park.

So, here goes.

1. WHY NOW?

Why now? Why not now? If not now, when?

How would you feel, if someone raped you and went about his daily life with pomp and pageantry? Have you ever been offended by someone? Has someone evee cheated you of something and gotten glory afterwards? How does that make you feel? Are you happy? Are you indifferent? Doesn't the sight of the person burn your soul?

Let me explain how rape works. Rape is not just a violent act against the body, it is an act against the mind as well. About 90% of rape victims are usually threatened with harm if they speak, some are cajoled into thinking their rape was normal. They cannot speak for fear of not being believed. How do you tell your parents that your uncle raped you? Who will believe you if you accuse the most jovial person in the neighborhood of rape? What will become of you if you tell someone that you were raped by the most dangerous person in the neighborhood? What if your parents' livelihood is at stake?

There is no stipulated time for anyone to confess their truth. So many may have confessed earlier on, but were told to shut up. I know rape victims that confided in their parents and were scolded for even talking such 'nonsense'. If your own family cannot believe you, who will you talk to?

All a victim needs is someone to believe them. Someone to stand by them, that feeling is all you need to speak your truth. Bishop's hand was held by her husband and she has spoken her truth, what the rest of the world has to say is irrelevant (YES, YOU are irrelevant), the most important person in her life right now is supportive and that is all that matters.

Why Now? Now, because someone has said I BELIEVE YOU, I SUPPORT YOU. So, whenever a victim's NOW occurs, is the right time.

2. WOULD SHE HAVE SPOKEN UP IF HE WASN'T RICH AND INFLUENTIAL?

Would the matter have been this serious if SHE wasn't rich and influential? Is Mrs. Dakolo the first person to accuse Fatoyinbo? How far did the last accusations go? How many protests did it lead to? How many people confessed to have been rape victims? Would it have risen to the level of a national discourse if she wasn't this rich and influential? Would you have taken it seriously if it wasn't Busola Dakolo?

When it was Ese, how many believed her? What was the support like? People accused her of being an olosho, homebreaker and all sorts. Today, it is a married woman with an influential husband, she has no risen to break pastor's home. What are you going to say? It is because of his position.

YES, his position is relevant. It is people in HIS position that are the most culpable in rape. Pastors, Imams, Uncles, Aunties, Cousins, Fathers, Mothers, Sisters. His Position influenced his act. People TRUST him, who would believe someone like HIM will rape anyone? Who will believe a Man Of God will rape anyone? WHO WILL BELIEVE?

Every rapist is INFLUENTIAL in their own right. Just because you don't know them, does not mean someone doesn't. They are known to families and neighbors. Someone looks at them with respect, every rapist is a celebrity in their own right. Their victims are witnesses to their adoration, their victims listen to the words of adulation showered upon them by those who do not know better. Every RAPIST os hiding under a CLOAK of INFLUENCE. You cannot talk, because nobody will believe that such an UPSTANDING member of society could do such a HEINOUS act.

It is good that a MOG is on the hot seat. This is a MESSAGE of Empowerment to victims, that NOBODY is ABOVE public PERSECUTION. If Fatoyinbo can be questioned, so can that uncle that is nice to everyone, so can the neughborhood philantropist, if Fatoyinbo can be harassed, then that sweet aunty can also be harassed, the landlord/caretaker can be harassed, your tormentor can be harasssed. There are no sacred cows.

3. MEN HAVE BEEN FALSELY ACCUSED OF RECENT, HOW ARE WE SURE THIS ISN'T THE SAME?

Is it today Fatoyinbo has been accused? Is Busola the first one to accuse him? Since she spoke up, have more women not come to point fingers at him? Is he the only Pastor in Nigeria? Why always him? Why not Adefarasin, Oyakhilome or Suleiman? Is he the most successful? When Suleiman was faced with his own trials, was he, at any point accused of rape? Was Oyakhilome ever acccused of rape, even when he was accused of adultery?

How many men have been falsely accused by MULTIPLE women?

Fatoyinbo can best be likened to people like Bill Cosby and R-Kelly, not Neymar and C. Ronaldo.

One woman is vendetta, two women is a conspiracy, three women is a pattern, more than three women, is a perpetrator.

4. WHY CAN'T THEY PROTEST CORRUPTION?

Banky W, Rugged Man, Seun Kuti, Falz, Simi, ElDee

These are a few celebrities that have at one point or the other, protested against the Government and the System. What about you? Have you ever protested?

Let me tell you, Rape is Corruption, it is a corruption of a mind and body. It is a virus that lives within the rapist and is spread to the victim. When you tell a victim to shut up, you enable corruption. You are telling the world that a rapist should not be held accountable for his crimes, just like supporters of the corruption in government, are telling us those thieves should not be held accountable for theirs

The ACTIVE DEFENSE of ANY Crime, be it against the state or against HUMANITY is CORRUPTION. When you speak for an ALLEGED Rapist, you SUPPORT corruption.
"She enjoyed it" is the same thing as "If na you, you sef go steal pass am". "Why didn't she talk since?" Is the same thing as "Enemy of progress, why will you report a theft in the office?"

Rape is a scourge to society just as looting is. The victim will grow up to become a part of the society, thw victim will not heal, the victim will carry a grudge and INNOCENT people will suffer for it. Some victims grow up to be molesters, and create more victims. You are creating a spciety of victims. Rape is as much a threat to a FUNCTIONAL society as corruption is. The society is made by PEOPLE, a society CANNOT function properly if the PEOPLE in it, are PSYCHOLOGICALLY messed up.

The same way that a person steals money and it is covered up, that is how people steal innocence and cover it up. These two acts BREED corruption and both acts mess up the society.

Theft and Rape are TWO sides of a DAMAGED COIN. They are not EXCLUSIVE. When you condemn one and make excuses for the other, you DEFEND corruption.

5. TAKE IT TO COURT, NOT SOCIAL MEDIA

This is cute, considering most of you accusing politicians of corruption have never even approached the Code Of Conduct Bureau to lay a complaint, even less approached an actually court of law.

Has Ganduje been convicted by a court of corruption? There is a video of him collecting money, and so? Is it not just an allegation? What do you know the money is for?

Before most cases go to formal court, they must pass through the court of public opinion first. This court of public opinion is particularly useful where the rich and influential are concerned, because without it, the right authorities may not be moved to act.

In every country in the world, court of public opinion is incredibly important, that is why PR firms EXIST, because public opinion is easily the most influential thing in today's society.

Public opinion matters because whatever decisions the courts reach, will affect the public directly or indirectly. So, while plans are in motion to institute this case in court, believe that the court of public opinion will have their say.

6. WHY IS THE CHURCH UNDER ATTACK?

This one is ridiculous.

Really? Is Fatoyinbo the church? Os he not just an individual? I did not know an individual can now be substitutued with a body as VAST as the church?

This argument is particularly interesting because a while ago, the Catholic church was inundated with protests concerning molestation of boys by priests. I did not see anyone talkinf about an attack on the church. Rather, a lot of 'Christians' were attacking and gloating at the Catholic church. What is with the double standards though?

How come I didn't see this energy then? Oh yeah! Only these New Generation churches make up the body of Christ these days, and one pastor can now be substituted for the entire church of Christ.

It is only the incredibly dense that use this line. One person cannot be "the church". Fatoyinbo is just a man, like you and me, whose 'anointing' is in question. Fatoyinbo cannot and can never be 'the church', Fatoyinbo is not even COZA church.

The church has been in existence long before anyone alive was, the church has outlived millions of people. The church has outlived years of persecution, the church has lived through divisions and break ups, the church survived scandals involving mass murder and genocide. It is not something as fickle aas Fatoyinbo's restless privates that will destroy the church.

The church is under threat, because the followers of Christ are PROTECTING the evil that lives AMONG them. The church is not being threatened from outside, it is being threatened from WITHIN. When the body of Christ is seen to support evil, they cause believers to live in doubt. God is not a God of evil, Christ would never support rapists and murderers.

The church may be under attack, but the evil elements inside are the people attacking the church from the inside.

Having answered these questions, I will not be answering any other question. Those who will be rapists, will continue to defend their ilk. I am glad that this saga has led many to talk about their experiences and given them the opportunity to heal. Whether Fatoyinbo is eventually charged and convicted of rape is not as important, because the most important goal has been achieved; many rapists have been exposed across the country, many victims have been given the much needed outlet and many will get the chance to finally heal. If that is all that is achieved, it will be for the greater good of the society.

You have done justice to this matter already...very interesting write up only his gullible members will argue with this position
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by BRATISLAVA: 1:45pm On Oct 13, 2019
safarigirl:
I know that.

I just stated that in relation to the Fatoyinbo case
okay. Nice write up. You nailed all else. I hope some women and men will learn from it. I saw a case where after up to 20 years a rapist was convicted because of a picture he took, but for years he had denied being at the party where it was taken and many people thought the plaintiff was hallucinating/lying for no reason.
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by BRATISLAVA: 1:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
greggng:

You have done justice to this matter already...very interesting write up only his gullible members will argue with this position
not just his members, but rape/sexual abuse apologists
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by abbey621(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
samsard:
I know more than one girl who got raped and for whatever reason kept cooperating afterwards, it's heartbreaking that you people are unreasonable

Let me guess, she cooperated because no one would belive her? The accuser was a powerful man or close family member/friend? She wanted to cover her shame? What does all these excuses have in common? In the eyes of the law, your case becomes even more difficult to prove as time goes by. If you believe it is okay to accuse someone after a decade or more of something as despicable as rape then you MUST also believe that EVIDENCE is of the highest priority, is this UNREASONABLE? Perhaps you're not nterested in legal justice but rather screaming on social media taking one side or the other....lol
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by samsard(m): 2:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
abbey621:

Let me guess, she cooperated because no one would belive her? The accuser was a powerful man or close family member/friend? She wanted to cover her shame? What does all these excuses have in common? In the eyes of the law, your case becomes even more difficult to prove as time goes by. If you believe it is okay to accuse someone after a decade or more of something as despicable as rape then you MUST also believe that EVIDENCE is of the highest priority, is this UNREASONABLE? Perhaps you're not nterested in legal justice but rather screaming on social media taking one side or the other....lol
Does it make it any less of a rape?
Slaves had to be beaten to subjection, their treatment didn't become any less inhumane once they became obedient. You're the one with bleeped up logic
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by abbey621(m): 2:43pm On Oct 13, 2019
samsard:
Does it make it any less of a rape?
Slaves had to be beaten to subjection, their treatment didn't become any less inhumane once they became obedient. You're the one with bleeped up logic

Hey you're being unnecessarily aggressive which shows you're the one not using logic but rather emotional rhetoric! You call it rape but can you prove it? If you're going to accuse someone of a violent crime, you better have enough evidence and please don't give me that crap about WHY WOULD SHE LIE? We don't know who's telling the truth, a guy can be promiscous, smoke weed and be known to be a questionable character and still be innocent of an accusation. A woman can be flirty, wear skimpy clothes, a drunkard and still be inncocent of being a slut. This age of social media has got most of y'all picking emotions over logic, when you get to court your eyes go clear grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by samsard(m): 3:02pm On Oct 13, 2019
abbey621:

Hey you're being unnecessarily aggressive which shows you're the one not using logic but rather emotional rhetoric! You call it rape but can you prove it? If you're going to accuse someone of a violent crime, you better have enough evidence and please don't give me that crap about WHY WOULD SHE LIE? We don't know who's telling the truth, a guy can be promiscous, smoke weed and be known to be a questionable character and still be innocent of an accusation. A woman can be flirty, wear skimpy clothes, a drunkard and still be inncocent of being a slut. This age of social media has got most of y'all picking emotions over logic, when you get to court your eyes go clear grin grin grin
Get the fuq off man. This pure fuckery clothed in whataboutery.
What about?
What about?
WTF doesn't know that some people are innocently accused? But for every 1 innocent man accused, I bet my left ball there are three guys I know who have forced a girl! Not even Fatoyinbo far far
Pick a day to fight your struggle, not bring this nonsense what about
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by abbey621(m): 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2019
samsard:
Get the fuq off man. This pure fuckery clothed in whataboutery.
What about?
What about?
WTF doesn't know that some people are innocently accused? But for every 1 innocent man accused, I bet my left ball there are three guys I know who have forced a girl! Not even Fatoyinbo far far
Pick a day to fight your struggle, not bring this nonsense what about

So the innocent man is what? Collateral damage? Ever wondered what justice men who are falsely accused get? NONE! Yea that's right, lives destroyed, zero compensation, but let's leave the man out of this and focus on your profile that the female is most times always right. Even with this, I don't understand why you have a problem with those who wish she could come out much earlier and confront the attacker. I don't understand why you fight me for saying evidence is crucial for any form of legal justice, I'm confused why you have a problem with this. Oh let me guess, this ain't about legal justice is it? LMAO....Now that's the real fuckery grin grin grin grin
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by nicelaw(m): 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2019
Rape is Evil and Accusing someone wrongly of Rape is Evil... period!
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by nicelaw(m): 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
Dreew:

All allegations can never be true, rape or not. But I have this gift of "knowing", not in all cases but those that touch my nerve. Like rape, murder and abuse.

Let's put busola's case aside. Look at the accused intently, do you truly believe he's innocent?

I've known fatoyinbo before now. Not in person but on social media. Everytime I come across his picture, I say to myself, "Is this one a pastor? How can people not see?"

you know a rapist by their appearance on social media?
I'm sorry but you must be far from serious... undecided
Dreew:

you know a rapist by their appearance on social media?
I'm sorry but you must be far from serious...

1 Like

Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by mercyviv(f): 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2019
Let's all remember when the appropriate sanctions have been placed on rape and sexual harassment that, it took a Busola Dakolo to speak up and then the whirlwind started!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

1 Like

Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by samsard(m): 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
abbey621:

So the innocent man is what? Collateral damage? Ever wondered what justice men who are falsely accused get? NONE! Yea that's right, lives destroyed, zero compensation, but let's leave the man out of this and focus on your profile that the female is most times always right. Even with this, I don't understand why you have a problem with those who wish she could come out much earlier and confront the attacker. I don't understand why you fight me for saying evidence is crucial for any form of legal justice, I'm confused why you have a problem with this. Oh let me guess, this ain't about legal justice is it? LMAO....Now that's the real fuckery grin grin grin grin
Off with you. No one is always right.
But what you're doing is called whataboutery, go Google to see the nonsense you're doing.
That's like telling black people some whites got enslaved on a topic or day dedicated to black victims.
It's called 'whataboutery'
Start a thread on that.
Corrupt southern governor arrested and people like you would go, what about Ganduje?
Black people are victims of targeted discrimination
People like you would go, well Asians too

3 Likes

Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by Brightgem(f): 3:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
Love you dear writer of this post. We keep failing to see the importance of speaking and acting against evil. Instead we say stupid things and play pity party. We are the ones who help evil thrive. Many have idolized human beings who look like Pastors, Imams, Godfathers, Politicians.

Rape is corruption. Rape is Moral Decadence. For some people's insensitive stance on this matter even those I call friends I have yanked of relations.

Well I write about morals, values, ethics and more. You can visit my blog www.themoralcodeng.com

1 Like

Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by abbey621(m): 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
samsard:
Off with you. No one is always right.
But what you're doing is called whataboutery, go Google to see the nonsense you're doing.
That's like telling black people some whites got enslaved on a topic or day dedicated to black victims.
It's called 'whataboutery'
Start a thread on that.
Corrupt southern governor arrested and people like you would go, what about Ganduje?
Black people are victims of targeted discrimination
People like you would go, well Asians too

You're not making sense, comparing apples with oranges, I don't even know what your argument is? I thought you wanted justice for her? Well you can't get legal justice without evidence so let's stick to social media foolery and pretend we're gods....lol
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by samsard(m): 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
abbey621:

You're not making sense, comparing apples with oranges, I don't even know what your argument is? I thought you wanted justice for her? Well you can't get legal justice without evidence so let's stick to social media foolery and pretend we're gods....lol
Well, your legal fuckery is unrivaled.
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by danot1030: 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2019
Esthered:
Thanks for your write up OP, some will still come out to say the blogger's sister seduced Salisu, she had to pay for the gifts she collected........ The mum was already defensive of an outsider and this is what happens in an average Nigerian home. All those people on this forum saying they smell lies in Busola's story should start with the minors in their family and build rapport with them overtime to find out if they've not been violated or have a near violation experience. Our favourite uncle raped a cousin under our roof. I hope the victim press charges in future when she becomes relevant as it'll bring her closer to justice than now that she's nobody and he's touring the world as a highly revered person in his profession. Even if it's 30 years after the rape incidence.

Like the rape apologist above called zeuss, i pray he will have a daughter and every man she will ever trust to spend a minute with will take advantage of her. And if he doesn't have a daughter, i pray his pastor or any man his wife will spend a minute with for anything will rape his wife.
Re: RAPE: FAQ On Nairaland Since The COZA Saga by mindtricks: 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
zeuss:
Kai! Something just didn't make sense to me there.
I have no intention of making anyone feel bad here but I think there was no rape in the whole saga. There was rather a silent attraction that gave birth to mutual conjugality.
Why be around a man for that long if you never liked him?
Why keep mute on him raping you while your sister was in the house if you never liked it?
Why didn't you shout and raise alarm when he was leaving, after the purported rape if you never liked it?
Why didn't you share the first and second rape issue immediately to your beloved family if you never liked it?
Why still go to his church if you never liked it?
Why go stay at his house to help his wife and even sought to sleep in their master bedroom if you never liked it?
Why follow him in his car to drop you if you never liked it?
Why didn't you struggle when he took the u-turn to give you the supposed second rape if you never liked it?
Why didn't you tell anyone again or even the police if you never liked it?
After the third day, when he came to find out why you didn't go to church, why didn't you refuse going to the same church when he asked you to if you never liked it?
Why didn't you show any sign of what he did to anyone? Why conceal the whole issue if you never liked it?
Are you totally innocent
Why didn't you tell us if you ever seduced him?
Why didn't you tell us if you fell for his looks?
Why did you do what you did and are still doing what you're doing to him now? Is it fair?
So because someone accused you of sleeping with pastors in the past and is accusing you of being unfaithful in your marriage now you want to pick on the pastor who was in your past just to cover up on the accusation meted on you?
Who knows if you probably seduced him to push him to that extent?
What looks did you give him when he entered your house with your nighty on? Why didn't you rush to change? Why allow him to come in when you were probably Unclad in a transparent gown?
Please,
Pastors are humans. Let's be fair on them and their weaknesses as human as they are.
Don't go seducing a man with your talent and beauty and expect him to act as brother Paul in the Bible when you refused to leave him and his territory.
A man will chase you and get what he wants when he knows you're interested in him.
We're not fools please ����
The woman should just admit that she was wrong as much as she claims that he was wrong

Why will it not be such a serious crime by him as rape when she was below 18?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen And Their Cattle Storm Plateau State University, Bokkos (pics) / Lady Seeking Miracle At TB Joshua's Church And Lover Kidnap Policeman Son (pic) / Man Shot Dead In Kano 17 Days After His Wedding(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.