Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 - Nairaland / General (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 (130485 Views)

How To Immigrate To Canada From Nigeria / Easiest Ways To Immigrate To Canada | Www.pa-ic.com / How To Immigrate To Canada From Mexico? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by Developrog(m): 9:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
Please someone help on this.
Does the PR approval come with Accommodation?
Because nobody has talked about accommodation here.
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by DadR: 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
The PR as the name implies is just a permanent resident visa, a type of visa that allows you to stay in Canada indefinitely till you become a Citizen.

Your POF is meant to take care of your initial accommodation cost, feeding, cost of living in general, pending when you start work.

Developrog:

4 Likes

Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by Developrog(m): 9:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
DadR:
The PR as the name implies is just a permanent resident visa, a type of visa that allows you to stay in Canada indefinitely till you become a Citizen.

Your POF is meant to take care of your initial accommodation cost, feeding, cost of living in general, pending when you start work.

Thank you bro.
I think it's becoming clearer now.

Looking forward to hearing testimonies of people immigrating through this program.
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by MadeInTokyo: 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2019
Why is the Rural Northwest immigration program yet to start.

It was meant to start by Fall this year, we already in fall

Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by Ozzz: 9:20am On Oct 23, 2019
Developrog:

If you meant the PR application under AIPP, yes it comes with accomodation which they refer to as a settlement scheme for free, it also enables you to bring your immediate family if married along.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by Ozzz: 9:22am On Oct 23, 2019
MadeInTokyo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-aAxwzTgIc
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by DadR: 11:19am On Oct 23, 2019
Hi Ozzz, I don't agree with the below assertion. Under AIPP, once you receive a job offer from an employer, you, with the assistance of your employer, will get a settlement plan from a settlement planning agency. Your job offer letter with the settlement plan is what your employer will use to apply for endorsement from the respective province.

Settlement plan is just to guide you on how to settle in seamlessly when you land and not to provide you with free accommodation. Settlement plan is free but accommodation is never free.

Cheers

cc: developrog

Ozzz:

If you meant the PR application under AIPP, yes it comes with accomodation which they refer to as a settlement scheme for free, it also enables you to bring your immediate family if married along.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by TheCapitalBand(m): 12:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
After sending in almost 50 applications, I have managed to book 3 interviews. However all of the invites were for physical interviews. When I request for Skype, they just stop communicating.

It’s frustrating, don’t they see my Nigerian address?Are they aware of this Program? because I’m suspecting when they hear Skype they run away thinking of work permit sponsorship wahala.

5 Likes

Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by Mariesio: 12:13pm On Oct 23, 2019
TheCapitalBand:
After sending in almost 50 applications, I have managed to book 3 interviews. However all of the invites were for physical interviews. When I request for Skype, they just stop communicating.

It’s frustrating, don’t they see my Nigerian address?Are they aware of this Program? because I’m suspecting when they hear Skype they run away thinking of work permit sponsorship wahala.

Hello ,

What's your NOC and the site where you got the job adverts
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by bamangar: 12:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
TheCapitalBand:

Facing similar challenges too. They even do job fairs in UK, Ireland and even India, I haven't seen for Africa. Just keep trying..
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by bamangar: 1:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
Y'all should get ready, all the 11 communities involved in RNIP are gearing up to enter into the stream of immigrant hunting. The wait is gradually getting over. Get your ECA and IELTS ready. By 1st of December it would start. By the way, the community of Brandon, Manitoba has a message for aspiring Immigrants participating in RNIP. Read below
Brandon Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot eligibility and evaluation criteria is under development. Brandon eligibility requirements, evaluation criteria, information package and application form will be available online no later than November 30th, 2019 at economicdevelopmentbrandon.com/BrandonRNIP.

Brandon, MB is one of 11 Canadian communities in Canada selected to participate in the 3 year Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). For Brandon, the pilot will run from November 1st, 2019 to October 31st, 2022. The pilot creates a new permanent residency immigration stream available only to the 11 participating communities. Click here to review the Ministerial instructions related to the RNIP. canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2019/2019-08-17/html/notice-avis-eng

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by Developrog(m): 2:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
DadR:
Hi Ozzz, I don't agree with the below assertion. Under AIPP, once you receive a job offer from an employer, you, with the assistance of your employer, will get a settlement plan from a settlement planning agency. Your job offer letter with the settlement plan is what your employer will use to apply for endorsement from the respective province.

Settlement plan is just to guide you on how to settle in seamlessly when you land and not to provide you with free accommodation. Settlement plan is free but accommodation is never free.

Cheers

Thanks, chief
I'm learning

Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by Developrog(m): 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ozzz:

If you meant the PR application under AIPP, yes it comes with accommodation which they refer to as a settlement scheme for free, it also enables you to bring your immediate family if married along.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by Ozzz: 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
TheCapitalBand:

Hi, from what I learned it's not just any employer, you have to confirm that the employer is a "Designated Employer" watch the video from 8:05 on how to do this.

However it won't be bad to watch the whole video, hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAkPTNPPiLU
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by Ozzz: 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
DadR:

Cheers

@DadR you are right.
@Developrog take note.

the settlement plan is basically to assist you in settling down and adapting fast. As for accommodation they will assist you to find but you are the one that will pay while transportation they will take care of that in your early days of arrival see the pdf below for an elaborate understanding.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.welcomenb.ca/content/dam/wel-bien/pdf/AIP_Employer_Guide_Settlement.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwicj_CJ1bLlAhVcQUEAHTY-BM0QFjAJegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0yetQV06x3QzJ-lVxdr-Ad&cshid=1571843953754

Above is the link to download a pdf copy of the settlement plan for AIPP

1 Like

Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by Developrog(m): 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ozzz:

@DadR you are right.
@Developrog take note.

the settlement plan is basically to assist you in settling down and adapting fast. As for accommodation, they will assist you to find but you are the one that will pay while transportation they will take care of that in your early days of arrival, see the pdf below for an elaborate understanding.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.welcomenb.ca/content/dam/wel-bien/pdf/AIP_Employer_Guide_Settlement.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwicj_CJ1bLlAhVcQUEAHTY-BM0QFjAJegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0yetQV06x3QzJ-lVxdr-Ad&cshid=1571843953754

Above is the link to download a pdf copy of the settlement plan for AIPP
Clear now
Thank you, you are far too kind.

1 Like

Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by TheCapitalBand(m): 8:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
4212 and I only apply to Designated employers.
Mariesio:

Hello ,

What's your NOC and the site where you got the job adverts

1 Like

Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by TheCapitalBand(m): 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
Thanks for the video, however I am well informed on this process and only applied to designated employers. I figured designated employers might still slightly Favour applications from inside Canada.
I can only keep trying!
Ozzz:

Hi, from what I learned it's not just any employer, you have to confirm that the employer is a "Designated Employer" watch the video from 8:05 on how to do this.

However it won't be bad to watch the whole video, hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAkPTNPPiLU

2 Likes

Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by Mariesio: 8:34pm On Oct 23, 2019
TheCapitalBand:
4212 and I only apply to Designated employers.

Thanks for your response
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by Ozzz: 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
TheCapitalBand:
Thanks for the video, however I am well informed on this process and only applied to designated employers. I figured designated employers might still slightly Favour applications from inside Canada.
I can only keep trying!

Lol @ favour applications internally, very correct they will favour who they see physically first, it's when little or non persons are left internally they will look out. I believe it's more efficient and effective for them as well as cost saving....

If you noticed temporary visit visa processing time increased, it now takes several months to get a response, people are likely plying that route to attend interviews lol... and get hooked.
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by dumebiarya: 11:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
hello, i've just completed my bsc in animal production and health and currently serving with no job experience can i apply for any of the aipp programs?
Johnrex:
Eligibility criteria for
international
graduates – Atlantic
Immigration Pilot
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot has 3
programs:
High-Skilled Program
Intermediate-Skilled Program
International Graduate Program
If you’ve lived and studied in one of the
Atlantic provinces, you may be eligible
to apply under the Atlantic International
Graduate Program.
To apply for the Atlantic International
Graduate Program, you must:
1. Find out if you're eligible
2. Get a job offer
3. Submit your application
1. Find out if you’re
eligible
To qualify for the, you must:
have lived in an Atlantic province for
at least 16 months in the 2 years
before getting your degree, diploma
or credential
meet the education requirements
take a language test to show you can
communicate in English or French
show that you have enough money to
support yourself and your family in
Canada
Work experience
This program doesn’t require work
experience.
Education
You must meet all of these
requirements:
You must have at least a 2-year
degree, diploma, certificate, or trade
or apprenticeship credential from
a recognized publicly-funded
institution in an Atlantic province.
You must have been a full-time
student for the entire duration of your
studies.
You graduated from this institution in
the 24 months before we receive your
permanent resident application.
You lived in one of the Atlantic
provinces for at least 16 months in
the 2 years before getting your
degree, diploma or educational
credential.
You had the visa or permit you
needed to work, study or train in
Canada.
Your study or training program can’t be
either:
English or French second-language
courses for more than half of the
program
distance learning undertaken for
more than half the length of the
program
You can’t apply if you had a scholarship
or fellowship requiring you to return to
your home country after you graduate.
Education outside Canada
Only your education in Canada is
considered. However, if you have
education credentials from outside
Canada you want to include, you must
have your education outside Canada
assessed .
Language
Even though you were educated in
Canada, you must take one of the
language tests we approve. The test
shows you can communicate in English
or French well enough to live and work
in Canada.
Learn about language testing for the
Atlantic Immigration Pilot.
If you took one of the approved tests,
you can send those results if they:
are less than 2 years old
show you meet the level the program
requires
Proof of funds
You need to have enough money to
support yourself and your family when
you get to Canada. The amount you
need depends on the size of your family.
The size of your family includes anyone
you support who isn’t immigrating with
you.
Learn how much money you should have
when you arrive in Canada.
If you’re already living and working in
Canada with a valid work permit, you
don’t need to show proof.
2. Get a job offer
You must have a job offer that meets all
of these requirements:
The job offer was made using the
Offer of Employment to a Foreign
National [IMM5650] (PDF, 817.97 KB)
form.
The employer has been designated as
an employer taking part in the
Atlantic Immigration Pilot by the
Atlantic province (New Brunswick,
Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova
Scotia, or Prince Edward Island)
where you’ll be working. They must
have a Confirmation of Designation
from the province.
The job must be full-time , meaning
you’ll work at least 30 paid hours per
week.
The job must be non-seasonal . In
general, this means you have
consistent and regularly scheduled
paid employment throughout the
year.
The job is skill type/level 0, A, B or C
under the National Occupational
Classification (NOC) .
The employer is offering you a job
that will last for at least 1 year.
You must meet employment
requirements for the job you are offered.
You can find these requirements in
the NOC . The job doesn’t need to be in
the same NOC as other jobs you’ve had.
3. Submit your
application
When you and the employer have
completed all the steps, you can submit
your application.
To save time, start filling in your
permanent resident application before all
of the steps are completed . Gather the
documents that go with your application
as soon as you can.
Application for the Atlantic International
Graduate Program
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by dumebiarya: 11:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
hello, i've just completed my bsc and currently serving with no job experience can i apply for aipp?
hannamia007:

You re eligible since you have HND, ECA is read and at least 1 year experience. Redo your IELTS and start applying for jobs.
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by dumebiarya: 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
did you apply with a work experience?
MadeInTokyo:

The transcript was sent dire from school and it is coloured.
It has to be sent directly from school
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by carbon1224(m): 1:41pm On Oct 28, 2019
Please if there is any Whatsapp group regards these,kindly add me to the group so that we can all learn in good faith and if there is none,I would advise the tread owner to create on and add interested people so that we can continue learning.my phone number to add is 08020332526
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by hannamia007: 6:03pm On Oct 28, 2019
Duakkie:
I am interested in applying through NOC 6342 as a Tailor/ dressmaker, please how do I get to find these sort of job .

Tailor applying please let's gather here for brainstorm

Are you self employed with at least 2years experience with work evidence? If yes, send me a private message.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by hannamia007: 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2019
MadeInTokyo:
WES has requested for verification from my former school UNIBEN.

What next step do I take , should I contact the exam's and record guys to follow up or I just wait?
And also do UNIBEN request for verification fee?

Contact your school to reply the verification. Their might be a fee attached, contact them and find out.
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by hannamia007: 6:11pm On Oct 28, 2019
Developrog:

Thank you bro.
I think it's becoming clearer now.

Looking forward to hearing testimonies of people immigrating through this program.

You don’t need to wait for testimony to start, but if you still doubt check few pages back for a positive feedback. This is legit
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by hannamia007: 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2019
MadeInTokyo:

Some communities will start Nov 1st, check their sites more often for information
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by hannamia007: 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2019
TheCapitalBand:

That’s how it is, but don’t give up. You will land a job soon. Some employers are aware, some aren’t, while some have pulled out.
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by hannamia007: 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2019
carbon1224:
Please if there is any Whatsapp group regards these,kindly add me to the group so that we can all learn in good faith and if there is none,I would advise the tread owner to create on and add interested people so that we can continue learning.my phone number to add is 08020332526

Sorry no WhatsApp group and won’t be created, it will derail this thread. Come here for any information you may need.
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by MadeInTokyo: 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2019
hannamia007:

Sorry no WhatsApp group and won’t be created, it will derail this thread. Come here for any information you may need.
Nice one bro.. .

WhatsApp group Is not needed,it will defeat the essence of this thread.
Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by meelife: 6:55am On Oct 29, 2019
In writing Resume in Canadian format please advise when one is performing tasks under 2 different NOCs.
For financial reasons which resulted to the company downsizing, an employee now has to undertake some additional tasks which are totally different from his NOC, So it's like having just a single position name but performing 2 different NOCs for the same company at the same time.
Remember these NOCs are not related.

Example
Main NOC 4161-- Occupational Hygienist (2010 - Present)
Additional NOC 632 - Accommodation service managers 2015-Present)

Now in CV how will it be presented.Will just one NOC and duties be mentioned or the two can be mentioned together.Remember in some case the additional NOC be may part od the in-demand jobs in a province in Canada.
Thanks to advise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (40) (Reply)

How To Generate Free Recharge Card Pins Online And Make Free Calls / How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland / Eiye Confraternity Celebrates 40 Yrs Of Committing Atrocities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.