Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,526 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria (46250 Views)

Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). / Oyan, A Nigerian Town With People In All Countries Of The World / Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Ally467: 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2019
come zaria, Madaci gwargwaje light Dey steady there... I mean real steady.....
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by LoveThemChubby(m): 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2019
Birnin Kebbi. You can get around 18hrs daily
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by eedriyz(m): 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2019
Itori, Ogun state... Close to Ewekoro...
You're welcome
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Akabuking: 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:
Guy please, I need your contributions. I'm hoping on you guys abeg...
have you heard of about kafanchan before? you are sure of 22hours supply, though its a small town. for the past 2years we have not serviced our Gen.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by ThothHermes: 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2019
As a freelancer you need just your laptop and phone no?

A small solar inverter should do it.

2 Likes

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by worldclass68(m): 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2019
Osogbo is ok, maybe Ede too in osun state.
Cheap house rent and constant electricity.
Cost of living is relatively not high as well
Was there few yrs..u can always survive with little.

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by AleAirHub(m): 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2019
If really you're from Bayelsa then LNG will be the best choice for you ma....

LNG light is 24/7 & self contain in that area is 80k per year.
Good luck ma
Flipmac:

Thanks.
But I'm from bayelsa though so I don't speak yoruba. Do you think language would be a barrier?
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Shadowdreams: 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2019
Otun-Ekiti in Moba LGA of Ekiti state.

15hrs of electricity is guaranteed and the locals are accommodating. Plus they have many NYSC Corp members serving there so it's definitely not a boring town.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by sonofthunder: 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:

what's your niche Miss?
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by shariff84: 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2019
try kainji in Niger state,they almost have light 24/7 and their weather is also good.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Shadowdreams: 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2019
Self contained is readily available for much more less than ur budget there
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by shogsman(m): 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2019
Scout akure-oluwatuyi,oda light and security dey
Ibadan-ologuneru,eleyele light dey,security dey in as much as you no be yahoo girl because na efcc playground be that.

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Chukazu: 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2019
Ighoga898:
Chibok community in Burno.. I head nobody really wants to live there anymore

You can see why there's cheap accommodation and almost free constant light..

You mean Sun light?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Lorenzena(f): 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2019
Okada in Edo state
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by nelson1200: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2019
you can try ijagba sango otta. cheap and the power supply of very good like 22 hours daily.The location is very close to lagos. i can link you with an agent,you can reach me on 08168517805
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by bestmutiu2019(m): 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2019
OSOGBO AND EDE,IN FACT THE LIGHT GO TIRE U
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by kay4kay: 7:50pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:
Good day guys,
I work online as a freelancer on fiverr. I'm currently seeking a cheap town or place in Nigeria that I can get good supply of electricity (at least $12 hours or more). This is to enable me do online jobs and cut cost of buying petrol.
I would prefer somewhere cheap where I can get a decent self contain accommodation for around 70k. Also, I would like a place that has good security.

There's an old thread similar to this opened by a freelancer a few years ago but sadly I can't find it.

Please give me suggestions. I hear oshogbo is good choice.

Any other suggestions? Be as specific as possible. Thanks.

Ijagba a subhurb in OTA Ogun state enjoys light for average 23 hours daily.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Odetokun3(m): 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2019
taleetah:
No light in moniya ooo. As for akobo, bodija and the likes house rent are expensive there.

Make we meet. They just carry light right now!
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by mikkycoins(m): 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2019
You guys should mention cost of rent too.
I love that oshogbo,very cool city.
Op check umuahia,steady electricity with rent from 70k
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by islandmoon: 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2019
hmmm, I hope op is not coming to do yahoo yahoo in yorubaland, well I gat my eyes on you henceforth
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by williams080: 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2019
RUNAWAY
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2019
Op why not try omu-aran kwara state, the place is cool as per electricity. Even their cost of living is also affordable.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by mikkycoins(m): 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
Shadowdreams:
Self contained is readily available for much more less than ur budget there
Where?
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Coolgent(m): 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:
Good day guys,
I work online as a freelancer on fiverr. I'm currently seeking a cheap town or place in Nigeria that I can get good supply of electricity (at least $12 hours or more). This is to enable me do online jobs and cut cost of buying petrol.
I would prefer somewhere cheap where I can get a decent self contain accommodation for around 70k. Also, I would like a place that has good security.

There's an old thread similar to this opened by a freelancer a few years ago but sadly I can't find it.

Please give me suggestions. I hear oshogbo is good choice.

Any other suggestions? Be as specific as possible. Thanks.
Go to Sokoto State.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by 6lam(m): 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:
There's a town in the outskirts of Ilorin called Ganmo. They have a near stable electricity. same with their neighbour Amayo. They both have good power supply.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Lighthammer(m): 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2019
Cc.flipmac

at jimba-oja in kwara state and its like 20 minutes drive to ilorin the capital
there is stable supply of electricity,sometimes for 16 or 18 hours
and accomodation is easy too and there is security
u cn get a flat there for like 70 k or around that range
and its direct,without house agent hassle
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by aliyuthayo(m): 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
Ilorin is your best option. I know more than 6 areas with 15-18hrs daily supply of electricity. And house rent is relatively affordable
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by depopson: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:

Thanks.
But I'm from bayelsa though so I don't speak yoruba. Do you think language would be a barrier?

Go to Bonny in Rivers State then

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by samwash(m): 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
Odetokun3:

Moniya, Bodija, Akobo, General gas axis. Yemetu. the ones i know o

Add fodacis, iyana - adeoyo & Oluyole estate to the list, just accomdation is a bit still expensive but you will get up to 15 to 20 hrs of electricity.

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Rhema14(m): 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2019
I am also a fiverr freelancer....bodija estate light is dope
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by cinoedhunter: 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2019
Osogbo
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by iybee24(m): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2019
Some Community in Abeokuta, (funaab, mawuko, isolu, obada oko, lukosi), you ll be begging IBEDC to take off light

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Canada Closed Work Permit / Lagos City: Allen Avenue And Opebi In Pictures (Video) / 10 Exotic Vacations Nigerians Can Take Without A Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.