Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) (24055 Views)

Check Out NNPC Floating Fuel Station On Top Of Water In Rivers (Photo) / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Suffers Gaffe Talking About Yahoo Boys In Edo (Video) / BEDC Power Outage In Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by CGMedia: 11:50pm On Jun 30, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5jiQIik44o

Residents have been thrown into total darkness as a transmission station belonging to the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC), was on Sunday, gutted by fire, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that BEDC is the company in charge of electricities in Edo, Ondo and Delta States.

The affected station is located in Sapele road area of Benin City, the Edo State capital.

Igbere TV gathered that the Sapele road station is one of the major stations serving the three Southern states.

An eyewitness and staff of the BEDC, told Igbere TV that the fire started with a spark, when power was restored, which resulted into an inferno.

He, however, added that the fire had already spread to the substations and surrounding units, before help came by.

According to him, “efforts to put out the fire were unsuccessful, as the inferno quickly spread to the main room leaving some staff on ground helpless.”

Igbere TV gathered that it took some extra efforts of the Edo State Fire Service, who arrived late, to put the fire under control.

When contacted by Igbere TV, a Spokesman of the BEDC, described the fire incident as “unfortunate.”

He lamented the grave impact the incident would have on power distribution, but however assured that there is no cause for alarm.

A statement later sent to Igbere TV by management of the BEDC read:

“The Management of Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) hereby appeals to customers in Edo State, parts of Delta and Ondo State over the present service disruption to their areas due to the fire incident which occurred at the Benin Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) station, Sapele road.

“Presently all areas connected to the Benin TCN are affected due to a partial system collapse arising from the fire incident as this TCN sub station is interconnected to other TCN locations across the country.

“Every effort is being put in place by stakeholders to restore the light as soon as the fire is contained.

“The specific locations affected by the fire are yet to be known but major parts of Edo State are affected by the outage.

“We appeal for customer understanding and cooperation over the situation.

“Please bear with us.”.
http://igberetvnews.com/807716/breaking-total-darkness-as-power-station-catches-fire-video/

Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by Imoh555(m): 11:16am On Jul 01, 2019
If you blame apc and buhari gather here

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by Kalman(m): 11:16am On Jul 01, 2019
It is stuffs like this that make me understand why the white man designed resistor color codes and assigns black (Man) to zero and white (Man) as nine in Electrical Engineering. SMH was there no provision for emergency fire system around the transformer or water no been dey?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by AmNuhRegular(m): 11:16am On Jul 01, 2019
Me that's almost relocating to benin cry

3 Likes

Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by josephine123: 11:17am On Jul 01, 2019
TOO BAD
Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by Myself2(m): 11:17am On Jul 01, 2019
OP abi na the mod ,, are you a GBAGAUN master??

LOL @ power station went into flames.

English don suffer for nairaland

grin grin angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by Jh0wsef(m): 11:17am On Jul 01, 2019
Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by helphelp: 11:17am On Jul 01, 2019
where I did my nysc 07/08

Hope no one was hurt
Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by porshnuel: 11:17am On Jul 01, 2019
Interviewer-mr oshiomole what do you have to say about the fire incident at happened in your state

Oshiomole be like

Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by auntysimbiat(f): 11:17am On Jul 01, 2019
SAD
Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by FunkyAlhaji2015: 11:18am On Jul 01, 2019
This means we shouldn't expect power for at least 6 month.

Is it a crime to be a Nigerian?

7 Likes

Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by gurunlocker: 11:18am On Jul 01, 2019
I don't know when we will get it right in this country! shocked
Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by stanliwise(m): 11:18am On Jul 01, 2019
Blackout for a century I guess.

2 Likes

Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by thenewmoses(m): 11:18am On Jul 01, 2019
hmmm nawa,abeg who can help me with that local man pics thank you.
Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 01, 2019
Petty excuse
Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by aguiyi2: 11:19am On Jul 01, 2019
Since Babangida,we have been struggling to attain 6000 megawatts of power.We are really backward.

1 Like

Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:19am On Jul 01, 2019
This is a TCN substation not BEDC.

@ CGMedia, kindly take note and edit topic accordingly.
Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by Lokoyen(m): 11:20am On Jul 01, 2019
Brandy2905xxx:

Now i know nairaland is under spam attack. How would this MTN guy post minutes post get on first page. Developers don reason seun, they av developed BOTs to post once a post makes first page. See mad traffic!

1 Like

Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 01, 2019
Edo state has firefighters? shocked

2 Likes

Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2019
V
Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2019
Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by reflexionz(m): 11:22am On Jul 01, 2019
Poster it's not BEDCs power transformer. It's Transmissions company of Nigeria's Power Transformer in Benin that caught fire. BEDC was there to assist in putting off the flames. Now this has affected transmission capacity Nationwide
Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by suitlovers: 11:24am On Jul 01, 2019
Kalman:
It is stuffs like this that make me understand why the white man designed resistor color codes and assigns black (Man) to zero and white (Man) as nine in Electrical Engineering. SMH was there no provision for emergency fire system around the transformer or water no been dey?

We dnt all understand it that way in nigeria. grin

Get the best and finest quality UK suits for men at 15,000 Naira.

Feel free to check my signature below.

Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by hamid6249: 11:25am On Jul 01, 2019
12 months of darkness

Odd : 1.01

Bet9ja people carry am..e sure pass anything
Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 01, 2019
porshnuel:
Interviewer-mr oshiomole what do you have to say about the fire incident at happened in your state

Oshiomole be like

If you know, you know!

Drabeey was Here
Re: BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video) by RTSC: 11:26am On Jul 01, 2019
The people in that area should go and buy their gen or service any old one they have.

They should forget phcn for the next 2 years.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: N2.2bn Spent On Prayers In Nigeria & Saudi Arabia - EFCC / Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong / Sen Nywoye Hands Over A Tech Innovation And Computer Hub Building To Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.