Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

16 Years With The Same Woman - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 16 Years With The Same Woman (5700 Views)

Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures / Nigerian Man Marries Kenyan Lady As He Abandons His Wife Of 16 Years In Lagos / Man To End Marriage Of 16 Years With His Wife After Discovering Her Real Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2019

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by saucecode(m): 2:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
Breaststroke:

[s]Please stop that lying grin. You (your kind of man) are not everywhere o! You guys are rare.

How did you and wifey maintain a healthy and sex free relationship till marriage? My biggest headache for a looonnnggg time has been finding a man who wants something similar, a godly/healthy relationship without pre-marital sex.

Reading your story was good medicine to my soul, it gave me hope that married life can indeed be sweet/awesome. An acquaintance's marriage ended after 16 years, the thread topic drew me to it. Keep up the good work[/s]
How will you find them when you're on nairaland fighting battles that have no bearing to your life?

Someone who is so insulting, elevates herself and talks down on people is looking for a godly man, mucheche mucheche cheesy
God cannot be mocked

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2019

1 Like

Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by saucecode(m): 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2019
Breaststroke:

Saucecode, honestly you made me laugh with this comment.

Biko what is your problem? Were you that pained by my insults? So much so that you have resorted to monitoring me and my comments on other threads then quoting me? Na so you dey hold grudge?

Aah, no vex o! You were really being sick and stalkish I had to call you out on it. I told myself I was going to jump and pass a lot of people's stvpidity on NL to avoid drama like the one you've started but some of you can be soooo stvpid you make it hard for someone to ignore.

Kindly restrict your stvpidity to your own threads alone and don't spoil this really nice thread. Oh hell I'm doing it again aren't I? Being insultive? No vex. Insult me back on your own thread, make it even then give it a rest.
Me I don't understand all this talk, na advise I just give you.

Godly people attract Godly spouses, Jehovah Jireh cannot be mocked.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2019
Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by bukatyne(f): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2019
Breaststroke:

Bukatyne, the kind of things you say often makes think, you are not a sister's sister kind of person. As in, the code of sisterhood is no where near your heart or mind.

What is the code of sisterhood?
Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by saucecode(m): 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2019
bukatyne:

What is the code of sisterhood?
Color the truth cheesy
Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2019

8 Likes

Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by bukatyne(f): 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2019
Breaststroke:

Sensing or understanding when a woman genuinely means well and has good intentions, relating with her on that basis and from a place of good will too.

Jobia's question from my point of view was well intentioned and it kept the vibe of this thread flowing, particularly when the OP responded to her, it was an insightful response too.

Your response/question to Jobia on the other hand just felt off, like you were questioning her worthiness of a good man

First off, I went back to the post you are referring to which was a question to the babe.

Ideally, men find women and if you want a particular type of man, you position yourself to be attractive to him.

I am not questioning her worthiness of a good man, that was even the first time I noticed her moniker. My point is I had/have no impression about her. It might even be a 50yr old married grandpa sef.

@Sisterhood code: if you observe more, you could say I do not have a peoplehood code. I would not support wrongdoing because it is a female neither do I believe in Quota system. That said, I hold men to same standards too and my posts here would confirm that.

I think the average 'Nigerian' man is unmarriageable (I am sure that's no news). Now, when the women complain, the general consensus is to cuss the men and conclude how they are all same.

My stance is to hold the woman accountable for her choice. You say Mr. A is bad? Good. End the relationship, look inward to see what attracted you to A and vice versa, clean up and position yourself to be found by Mr. Z. Don't keep choosing the Mr. As and expect me to support you. You say you think you deserve better from life, work at it and grace would find you.

You might wonder why most of my threads are geared towards marriage or relationships.

Once a woman has the right man beside her, her life will be beautiful. Every other thing she is running after would be added to her.

If it takes tough love to achieve that, so be it.

So dear, I don't hate women o.

6 Likes

Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by bukatyne(f): 8:43pm On Oct 11, 2019
Breaststroke:

Okay roger that, my bad for assuming otherwise.

I actually liked this comment I quoted because it's sensible.

Grasias kiss kiss smiley
Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by TYglobal: 6:40am On Nov 22, 2019
Breaststroke:

Please stop that lying grin. You (your kind of man) are not everywhere o! You guys are rare.

How did you and wifey maintain a healthy and sex free relationship till marriage? My biggest headache for a looonnnggg time has been finding a man who wants something similar, a godly/healthy relationship without pre-marital sex.

Reading your story was good medicine to my soul, it gave me hope that married life can indeed be sweet/awesome. An acquaintance's marriage ended after 16 years, the thread topic drew me to it. Keep up the good work

I was really anticipating a reply to this , most men this days just want sex or nothing , it's exhausting.
Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by Chapter1vs6(m): 7:42am On Nov 22, 2019
Wow first time I have been patient enough to read a thread
Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 22, 2019
LewsTherin may God continue to bless your marriage. The devil and his agents will never come near it in Jesus name. Amen.

You made some very crucial points, especially about in laws, my ex's mother could do no wrong in his eyes. I was always bad and she was always good. Throughout the entire marriage, he stood up for me only once and just as I expected, it was short-lived. By the time she was done with her theatrics, he was running back to her side.

On meeting good men, I think I'm one of those women who used to find the easygoing guys boring. I was young then (I was 22 when we got married, after dating for about 4 years) and I would like to think I know better now, I know exactly what I want in a man. Even though I was upset when the marriage crashed, I was kinda relieved too. I just could not resign myself to a marriage with a man I could never trust, even now i never know when he's lying or saying the truth. That's not the way to live.

Marriages like yours give me hope and I have been praying to God that my next marriage should be heaven on earth and my last. I have been on my own for 3 years now and I'm not in a hurry to jump back in, I'm letting God lead.

It is well with us all.

4 Likes

Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by LewsTherin: 6:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
Thanks SBL28

Hearing sad stories about marriages can be depressing. I'm not saying I have a perfect marriage or that I am perfect or married to a perfect woman. But I always feel bad seeing this wonderful institution called marriage being potrayed in bad light.

Thanks for still believing in it girl. You'll get yours too. No doubt.

3 Likes

Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
LewsTherin:
Thanks SBL28

Hearing sad stories about marriages can be depressing. I'm not saying I have a perfect marriage or that I am perfect or married to a perfect woman. But I always feel bad seeing this wonderful institution called marriage being potrayed in bad light.

Thanks for still believing in it girl. You'll get yours too. No doubt.

Thanks smiley
Re: 16 Years With The Same Woman by Saintmary(f): 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2019
SBL28:
LewsTherin may God continue to bless your marriage. The devil and his agents will never come near it in Jesus name. Amen.

You made some very crucial points, especially about in laws, my ex's mother could do no wrong in his eyes. I was always bad and she was always good. Throughout the entire marriage, he stood up for me only once and just as I expected, it was short-lived. By the time she was done with her theatrics, he was running back to her side.

On meeting good men, I think I'm one of those women who used to find the easygoing guys boring. I was young then (I was 22 when we got married, after dating for about 4 years) and I would like to think I know better now, I know exactly what I want in a man. Even though I was upset when the marriage crashed, I was kinda relieved too. I just could not resign myself to a marriage with a man I could never trust, even now i never know when he's lying or saying the truth. That's not the way to live.

Marriages like yours give me hope and I have been praying to God that my next marriage should be heaven on earth and my last. I have been on my own for 3 years now and I'm not in a hurry to jump back in, I'm letting God lead.

It is well with us all.
May God answer your prayers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Settling After Marriage(advice) / Pregnant Nigerian Woman All Nude In Maternity Shoot With Husband (photos) / If U Don't Read This Book, U Are One Of The Indomie Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.